• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 26, 2011
I have a question. I AM going to finish my Nidoking solo challenge, but first I'd like to know this: if I wanted to, could I do a solo challenge on Black/White? Not as a part of the USC, but as an individual challenge. I'm just curious, and it's not urgent that you tell me. I'll start it no matter what the answer, I just wanna know if I could post progress here and what-not. Probably gonna be using Bachuru-Denchura. Thanks very much!

I'd think you could. I mean, you can do multiple solo challenges at once, so why not two? Oh, and nice posts!

I'm going to start an USC with Scizor (Altaraxia, I've wanted to for a while before you restarted but finally decided to)

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
I'd think you could. I mean, you can do multiple solo challenges at once, so why not two? Oh, and nice posts!

I understood I could do two at once, it's doing one on Black/White that I wasn't so sure about. It doesn't have a section on the front page, so I just wanted to check. And thank you, I put a lot of time into the story. It's a writer's habit.

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 26, 2011
I understood I could do two at once, it's doing one on Black/White that I wasn't so sure about. It doesn't have a section on the front page, so I just wanted to check. And thank you, I put a lot of time into the story. It's a writer's habit.

Black/White isn't on the front page because Myrrhman hasn't updated since September 9th or something like that.

Ok, with the Scizor challenge, I beat Brock at level 14 with pursuit and I beat Misty at level 25 on 6th try with pursuit. Almost at Bill currently.

:t212: (Ms Awesome) level 28
Quick Attack
Leer
False Swipe (for catching slaves currently)
Metal Claw

Last edited:

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 26, 2011
So, I was about to beat the elite 4, and Ihadn't saved since after Brock and my cat knocked out the power plug. mMy computer shut down and I have to restart, so I'm just going to choose a new Pokemon:

Spoiler:

will start now

So, I started up my game. Named myself Stephen and Rival Aric. I decide to look on my computer and I find a potion. I withdraw it, it might come in use. I decide to go downstairs and leave the house. I felt a little risky, so I tried to go into the Pokemon inhabited area. This person named Oak is like "No, don't go out there! You might get torn to pieces!" He stops for a second and is like, "Come with me, I have something for you. I try to fight him, but he won't let go.

When I get to his house, I stopped fighting. He says, "You can have a Pokemon! I have three, and then you can explore! I have three choices, Porygon2, Squirtle, and Charmander." Aric interuptes, "What about me? "I want one!" Oak says, "Hold your horses! You'll get your turn." I snicker. I decide to take the Porygon2, whom I name Jeff. Aric takes the Charmander, and asks for a battle. I accept the challenge, and whoop his *** with Jeff.

I venture off into the places I couldn't before. Soon, I get to Viridian City. I go up into the mart to buy Pokeballs but the clerk insisted I take a parcel to Oak. I venture back down and give Oak his parcel, which he gives a Pokedex and pokeballs. I was like WTF, You could've giving some the whole time? I go and train to level 12 after and Jeff learned Psybeam. I try to go to the Elite Four but Aric stops me and challenges me to another battle. I whoop his *** again with Jeff+Psybeam.

I head north of Viridian into the forest. I own lots of bugs, and come out covered in bug guts. I go north a little more and get to Pewter City, where I heard there was a Gym. I take on the gym,, and beat the Leader Brock with Psybeam.I go east towards a cave, but some guy stops me and gices me some shoes. I go to the cave and realize how much I hate this pokemon called Zubat. When I get out, two karate people try to teach Jeff how to kick and punch, but he doesn't understand the concept. I just keep going and find a town called Cerulean City. I see a gym, so I heal up and go beat the Leader Misty with Psybeam and Thief.

I try to go up, but a police officer blocks my way, so I decide to go north, where I find my rival. He challenges me, I defeat him. I go up a bridge and when I deffeated all the trainers I got a nigget. Then I try to get recruited into Team Rocket, but I say no. I meat this talking Clefairy after defeating many more trainers. He says that he is a human, so I decide to turn him back. I get a ticket to a boat for helping him and decide to go. The police officer finally moved, and I go through. I go south. and arrive in Vermillion City. I find the boat and go on it. My rival challenges me again and I defeat him again. I talk to the seasick captain and make him feel better. He gives me a worthless move, so I teach it to my slave, Paras. I find the gym and finally get to go in it, It take sme hours to get to the leader Lt. Surge, but I defeat him.

I go back up to Cerulean and go where I couldn't go before, because a tree. I go back there and find a cave. I get through the cave with difficulty, but I'm safe. I go south into this town called Lavender Town.It has a sad feeling, so I leave and go west. I end up in Celadon, where I hit the gym again. There is a perverted guy standing outside staring at all the women inside. I go inside and there are only women. I beat the Leader Erika and go to the Game Corner. I spend 70,000 pokedollars to get the TM 13 Ice Beam and teach it to Jeff. I then go east and get a TM 29 Psychic. I teach that to Jeff, and then I saved.

Solo Runner
:t233: (Jeff) Level 45
Psychic
Ice Beam
Recover
Shock Wave

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
FINISHED the Ruby portion of my Ultimate Solo Challenge starring Fireheart, aka Arcanine!

From Mossdeep City to the Champion crown:

Spoiler:

Some ending screenshots - Final stats of Fireheart and also my Trainer Card:

arcaninestats.png
ultsolotrainerstats.png

Team Cyrus (Final):

Spr_3r_059.png

Fireheart (Arcanine, M) - L71
Nature: Mild, Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Bite, Return, Flamethrower, ExtremeSpeed

And in the box for the Elite Four:
Spr_3r_258.png

JollyRoger (Mudkip, F) - L25
Nature: Hardy, Ability: Torrent
Moves: Strength, Surf, Mud-Slap, Dive
Spr_3r_263.png

Swipe (Zigzagoon, M) - L8
Nature: Modest, Ability: Pickup
Moves: Tackle, Dig, Cut, Rock Smash

Spr_3r_357.png

Palmer (Tropius, M) - L26
Nature: Bold, Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Flash, Razor Leaf, Stomp, Fly
Spr_3r_263.png

Zigzagoon, F - L3
Nature: Serious, Ability: Pickup
Moves: Tackle, Growl
Spr_3r_263.png

Zigzagoon, F - L4
Nature: Brave, Ability: Pickup
Moves: Tackle, Growl

Also in the box for lulz:
Spr_3r_072_s.png

Ruby (Tentacool, F, Shiny) - L28
Nature: Bashful, Ability: Liquid Ooze
Moves: Supersonic, Constrict, Acid, Bubblebeam

Last edited:

Dabutcha

Creator of the Alphanigma Saga
Years
Sign me up for an ultimate run with Charizard. I wont be updating this on Pokecommunity, however (unless you really want me to), I will be LPing it on youtube, my channel is here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dabutcha22?feature=mhum

The first video is up, and so is an awesome picture for the playlist thumbnail.

My order on the games will be Red > Gold > Emerald > Diamond

I mentioned Red Gold and Emerald in the video, but I forgot about Diamond.

Last edited:

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
Sign me up for a Charmander → Charizard run on pokemon blue (rom) :)

Okay, began the challenge:
  • Started, named myself Blue & my rival Red.
  • Picked Charmander, named him Hades.
  • Grinded to level 11
  • Battled/beat Red with ease
  • Went through Viridian forest & did a little grinding too.
  • Hades evolved into Charmeleon!
  • Reached Pewter City, battled the gym trainer, faced Brock & defeated him and won myself the Boulder badge! :D
Next onto Mt Moon & Cerulean city...

Hades/Charmeleon:
5.png

L17
-Ember
-Scratch
-Growl
-Leer

I would of liked to do a Staryu → Starmie run but I have no idea how to hack pokemon into the wild or anything like that.. but if anyone knows could they let me know how haha?

Last edited:

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
Years
Cancel my olo runs. I'd like to do a Nidoking Solo Run on Sapphire. I'll update with screenshots of each gym battle and the Elite Four. My challenge will finish after I beat the Elite FOur twice.

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2012
why is it that i have been added for neither 'R/S/E' or completed challenges?

Years
Can we?

i will start off playing pokemon platinum with larvitar and i will evovle it into a tyranitar. if i am accepted i will start posting things

Last edited:

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
Years
So I'm really interested in challenging on HG/SS with a Gallade. I'll start with a ralts though. (Since I have no way of obtaining a perfect one through trade I will be using hacks to get it on the first route.) Can I make it shiny, though (also through hacks)? I like the blue color more
Edit: I will be playing this on my DS with the use of a flashcart so no pictures:/
And HM Slaves will be Corsola - HM's 3,4,5,6 Tropius - HM's 1 and 2 and Golduck - HM's 7 and 8
Also obtained through hacks, Basically hacking for essentials to play the game solo. Everything else will be legit.

Last edited:

stargate1995

Mr. Flying Pickle Monster
Years
Just come back here for some reading (and to see if my completion of the Kabutops run has been updated, which it hasnt :( ). Anyway would just like to say welcome back to Wingman who I though was gone for good, wish you luck on completing the Nidoking challnge. Also Myrhh said awhile back that black and white solos would be incorporated into this thread so go have fun with soloing that :).

Anyway this part will seem mean but The : D, IMO your run shouldn't be counted as you have broken the rule of no cheating, The shiny cheat used I don't really consider rulebreaking(although it is annoying) but the rare candy cheats and lvl mod cheats(zigzagoon) really annoy me. Your excuse for the rare candy cheat on beldum is BS tbh, both me and Wingman where able to train beldum to a high enough level to be able to beat the first rock gym in all but Johto region(as falkner is the first gym leader).

Personally if I was the thread owner I would tell you to do this run agian without cheats but I'm not the thread owner so it's up to him(if he returns)

Years
Finally I did a bit of playing for once :/, and did two gyms.

Spoiler:

I may update soon. Hopefully. Catch you later (with my Pokeballs ;) )

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
Years
Okay, I'm completely unaware of if I've been "approved" or not but I did make a log. Here it is:

Spoiler:

Edit: Here's my second one, it's pretty long.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Sign me up for SoulSilver with Shuppet/Banette. I know I didn't complete my Absol run in FireRed and I probably won't either, since ROMs aren't being very nice to me right now. Anyway, I'm going to hack in a Shuppet at the first opportunity I get and I'll start tonight but probably update tomorrow at the latest.

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Just come back here for some reading (and to see if my completion of the Kabutops run has been updated, which it hasnt :( ). Anyway would just like to say welcome back to Wingman who I though was gone for good, wish you luck on completing the Nidoking challnge. Also Myrhh said awhile back that black and white solos would be incorporated into this thread so go have fun with soloing that :).

Anyway this part will seem mean but The : D, IMO your run shouldn't be counted as you have broken the rule of no cheating, The shiny cheat used I don't really consider rulebreaking(although it is annoying) but the rare candy cheats and lvl mod cheats(zigzagoon) really annoy me. Your excuse for the rare candy cheat on beldum is BS tbh, both me and Wingman where able to train beldum to a high enough level to be able to beat the first rock gym in all but Johto region(as falkner is the first gym leader).

Personally if I was the thread owner I would tell you to do this run agian without cheats but I'm not the thread owner so it's up to him(if he returns)

I'm not gone yet. You can't be rid of me that easily. ;P And the reason it hasn't been updated is because Myrrhman hasn't been very active as of late. I'd say give it time; he'll remember us sometime. Also, congratulations on completing the second Ultimate Solo Challenge. I never got the chance before. Heck, I didn't even know you finished until now. Good job!

Also, I agree with you about The : D. The both of us ran through with no cheats FOUR TIMES with a Beldum. Honestly, I was outraged when I saw the post stating that he cheated his way to level 15. I even think that it was stated in the first post that the use of cheats is illegal past hacking in the Pokémon that you want to use. It should be only fair that The : D be forced to do redo the challenge with no cheats or take down his posts.

But anyways. Onto the important stuff.

Day 33

Spoiler:

And about the Black solo run, it will happen. I just need to figure out how to cheat in a Mogurew.

stargate1995

Mr. Flying Pickle Monster
Years
I'm not gone yet. You can't be rid of me that easily. ;P And the reason it hasn't been updated is because Myrrhman hasn't been very active as of late. I'd say give it time; he'll remember us sometime. Also, congratulations on completing the second Ultimate Solo Challenge. I never got the chance before. Heck, I didn't even know you finished until now. Good job!

Also, I agree with you about The : D. The both of us ran through with no cheats FOUR TIMES with a Beldum. Honestly, I was outraged when I saw the post stating that he cheated his way to level 15. I even think that it was stated in the first post that the use of cheats is illegal past hacking in the Pokémon that you want to use. It should be only fair that The : D be forced to do redo the challenge with no cheats or take down his posts.

But anyways. Onto the important stuff.

Day 33

Spoiler:

And about the Black solo run, it will happen. I just need to figure out how to cheat in a Mogurew.

Thanks for the congratulations :) , anyway i decided to help you out and find this for you(spoilers cause it's large text wall)
Spoiler:

Copied and pasted it off a website. Anyway this should help you get mogurew when you wont to start your run.

P.S. If you have not already you will have to patch the game with the exp patch(the piracy protection stops you from getting exp XD), which can be found relatively easily through google, or gbatemp.

Years
if someone wouldnt mind can you please tell me how i can get a gligar for pokemon soul silver because i might do two pokemon solo runs on different games for different threads

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Thanks for the congratulations :) , anyway i decided to help you out and find this for you(spoilers cause it's large text wall)
Spoiler:

Copied and pasted it off a website. Anyway this should help you get mogurew when you wont to start your run.

P.S. If you have not already you will have to patch the game with the exp patch(the piracy protection stops you from getting exp XD), which can be found relatively easily through google, or gbatemp.

Thanks a bunch! I couldn't find that at all. I don't know what I was doing wrong. And I have patched the game with it - heck, I've already beaten the whole thing before. XD

I also found a patch that makes some of the text English, or at least the moves and Pokémon names. It sounds small, but it helps a lot. So here's to finally getting to start that run. I'll post back in a while with a little log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back