• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Yeah, I just got here. xP

@RHCP - Chris is heading to the Oak Town Pokemon Center. Maybe Xylo could meet him there... And somewhat bump him when exiting the Center... How's that sound?

Ok! I'll make him bump into Chris maybe in the next post.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
So, today while I was doing random things (Such as relaxing after coming home from a con and playing TF2), something hit me. A question that seems like something that's completely obvious, but I've never heard it spoken, or generally talked about. So here is my question...

Is there Pokémon Trading Cards within the Pokémon world? There's plushies, and it's only logical that corporations would merchandise the hell out of Pokémon, which it already has been in-game. (I've seen several NPCs with shelves stocked full of Pokémon goods).

I was thinking that this could be brought up because there are kids who aren't able to get a Pokémon, or too young for it, and it'd be obvious that they would start to collect them. Could add something extra to the Academy, in case someone would want to start this up. Could be easier to talk to other people IC'ly as well, due to the whole "Wanna trade cards?" thing. Could even retcon it and make the cardgame a non-battle one and just a collection thing. What do you guys think?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I've actually never thought of that xD Sounds plausible enough.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Hey would anybody want to meet up with my second character. If so she's at the beach.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
CHANGES BY RUBY SAPPHIRE FIONA DESTINY

i have found an appearence for her :3 don't worry~ i only have two characters so this is the last pic i will send xD

Ruby Destiny:
Spoiler:

i'm sorry for bugging you again Yellow :3 i'd be glad if you would change this in my SU in the list~ C: i won't send any more pictures~

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@WestsideConnection: Approved. Welcome back!~

@Sir Bastian: Eh... Cards... for battle? Is this Yugioh? I think they thoroughly exhausted taking children's card games that seriously. Regardless, no that doesn't feel in the spirit of pokemon. Pokemon has never been like that to my knowledge.

Besides, in the pokemon world, even if people did collect pokemon cards, they'd probably be exactly like baseball cards instead of the game we know here. Perhaps with interesting factoids on the card.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
@Sir Bastian: Eh... Cards... for battle? Is this Yugioh? I think they thoroughly exhausted taking children's card games that seriously. Regardless, no that doesn't feel in the spirit of pokemon. Pokemon has never been like that to my knowledge.

Besides, in the pokemon world, even if people did collect pokemon cards, they'd probably be exactly like baseball cards instead of the game we know here. Perhaps with interesting factoids on the card.

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean! I mean that instead of them being like we know them, they would be more collectibles, and not have anything to do with card battles. After all, you can watch the real deal on TV, or go to a battlefield somewhere and watch some trainers duke it out :P

I do mean the way that you're saying it, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. But that just seems like a logical thing to be in the world. But more for the younger audience, those who can't catch Pokémon yet, but are still into it? Am I rambling here?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Eh... Cards... for battle? Is this Yugioh? I think they thoroughly exhausted taking children's card games that seriously. Regardless, no that doesn't feel in the spirit of pokemon. Pokemon has never been like that to my knowledge.

Actually, I would agree with the idea. I mean, the kids that are far too young to adventure with pokemon and dream of doing so would probably go out and try to "collect them all". The little information panels would teach them before they actually go out, and they would learn all of the species.

I do recall in the TV show (the original, I'm sure) that there were one or two trainers with 'Pokemon Cards'. Though they weren't for card battles, they were for collection and for information regarding the Pokemon.

Actually, I think PTA should have a "Trading Card Club" just for such an occasion!

Kiyoko, disguised as a small boy, might actually become obsessed with something like that, even though he can't read.

Did anyone else ever collect Pokemon Cards just for the pictures?

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
@sir bastion- i lost most of mine while moving to different places :3 i dont remember how many i used to have, just lots of them xD

@ShinyDiamond- me too! :D

Dawn

Years
Why... would there be a card club...? I mean really. What purpose would that serve in a school for actual trainers? I certainly don't recall a baseball cards club in any school /I've/ been to. Can you even manage to spend hours on simple cards with details on them? Owo

Have collectible cards if you like, but this is a school for pokemon. Not cards. owo

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
You know, just for the player characters that might take up an interest in the cards. The information on the cards provides teaching in and of itself. :o

Dawn

Years
...Minimal information all the teachers would probably know. >> There might be a 'club' in Oak Town. A very small thing, because I can't imagine the cards being all that popular without having an actual game behind them. That and Oak Town isn't exactly huge to begin with.

I immediately immagined a bunch of jocks trashing the place. What movie have I been watching too much of?

Also, for my sanity. Please, no cards with magic powers or card related magic. That's all I ask. lD

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Yeah, it's for fleshing out characters and stuff. I mean, it's not a school for drawing either, but Daniel draws. Characters needs to have likes and dislikes, hobbies and such. Collecting cards could be a hobby for some, but obviously, some aren't going to bother with it.

It's just an option for those who want something extra for their character :3

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Team Update for Genevieve.

gained 1 level fighting the Meowth.
Species: Simipour
Nickname: Sapphire
Appearance: She's a dark blue in color with red eyes.
Personality: Unlike her trainer Sapphire cares more about herself than others. She'll walk right by a human or Pokemon in need and not care if they die in front of her. Her red eyes are a sign of her being an evil Pokemon but surprisingly the only being she gets along with is Geneviève depending on the circumstance. Sapphire will not hold back in battle.
Lvl: 21
Moves: Surf, Blizzard, Hydro Pump, Aqua Ring, Scald, Rain Dance

Gained 1 level for fighting the Meowth, and another level for fainting. He forgot the moves Thief and Embargo and learned fury swipes and Faint Attack
Species: Zorua
Nickname: Toto
Appearance: regular Zorua
Personality: Toto is a very playful young Zorua. He loves to play games and do pranks on people with his illusions.
Lvl: 15
Moves: Hone Claws, Pursuit, Fury Swipes, Faint Attack, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse

New Pokemon
Species: Meowth
Nickname: Kitty
Appearance: Regular Meowth
Personality: Kitty is a very affectionate and vain Pokemon. She hates getting dirty and will do whatever she can to stay clean.
Lvl: 20
Moves: Fake Out, Bite, Fury Swipes, Scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back