• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Battle's of the Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2017
Understood.I also am working on a project with just me and my cousin,so I know how troublesome it can be to finally release the project.Mine has been going on for about three years now.The first year was terrible.Making several maps then,all of a sudden,my PC crashed and we lost every bit of it.But we restarted the project and the maps look even better than before.Now the story line and making trainers is all that's left.For our first project,I hope it works out.Good luck with your game.

That sux about losing your work but always look for the silver lining. I am making regular backups every weekend and after any substantial improvement ie my recent Poképad update. Making trainers are probably the most boring thing about creating a Pokémon game. It took me a few of days to put the small number of trainers that you encounter. I wanted to have more in indigo town but I was losing the will to live so left them out.

xSeduction

Water Pokemon Fanatic
Years
I loveee this game, and I think the graphics are very original and quite amazing contrary to popular belief. Not every Pokemon game has to have the same graphics.
Also, I had a bit of deja vu when seeing your whole wild pokemon idea. Years ago, I'd thought "It would be so much easier if you could actually see the pokemon in the wild." Kudos for that. :)

However, I did get a scripting error that shut down the game when speaking to a trainer in the Viridian Forest. I can't remember which one, though. :\

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I gotta say the graphics look really similar to Aveyond 2. Even the victory music is the same and the way you encounter enemies.

Last edited:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
I loveee this game, and I think the graphics are very original and quite amazing contrary to popular belief. Not every Pokemon game has to have the same graphics.
Also, I had a bit of deja vu when seeing your whole wild pokemon idea. Years ago, I'd thought "It would be so much easier if you could actually see the pokemon in the wild." Kudos for that. :)

However, I did get a scripting error that shut down the game when speaking to a trainer in the Viridian Forest. I can't remember which one, though. :\

Several people have reported that error. I'm not sure if Trikeboy has fixed it or not, but I will look into it when I have some free time.

I gotta say the graphics look really similar to Aveyond 2. Even the victory music is the same and the way you encounter enemies.

I think that's because we're still using mostly RMXP default content. It'll change, don't worry.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2017

I have checked through Viridian Forest and cant find the error. Are you using version 1.2? There was an error in a trainer code that I fixed for that version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back