• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Rocket Rising

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Just the three in the center it doesn't crash though it just ignores me selecting to yes to steal them

Ah, okay, I've tracked that down and it should be fixed in next update.

after a gave back redra's pokemon it will stop running..

u can't move.

Hm. I can't find where the problem is just by glancing through, so I'm going to look into this more.
Thanks for letting me know about it!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Idea:
Recruit Gym Leaders, the " evil " Gym Leaders from the manga
(Lt. Surge, Sabrina, Koga)

I wrote to @Shofu, and he said he would check this out!!!

This is a GREAT game!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Progress: Been doing a lot of stuff in the past few weeks!
Adjusting experience curves to reflect how Pokemon grow in the games (like bugs growing faster, etc.)
Making sure certain skills work properly (like the Intimidate passive)
Creating actual prizes for the Game Corner
and putting in wild encounters and trainers in lots of previously empty spaces.
I'm not sure if I'll include Fuschia yet, but the routes leading to it all exist now. I still need to put real Trainer battles there though.

Idea:
Recruit Gym Leaders, the " evil " Gym Leaders from the manga
(Lt. Surge, Sabrina, Koga)

I wrote to @Shofu, and he said he would check this out!!!

This is a GREAT game!!!!!!

Hey, I'm glad you're enjoying the game!
I'd bet the gym leaders would be tough to recruit, and you'd have to do it later in the game, but it's a cool idea! I'll keep it in mind.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 12, 2016
Are the screenshots old? Because it says Magic and Magic Defense. I've never seen Magic used in Pokemon before, so I'm confused as to what those two stats do in your game.

In Pokemon games they have a Special stat however, for both Attack and Defense (Special Attack and Special Defense). You know you can change the terminology of stat names or other elements, right?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Are the screenshots old? Because it says Magic and Magic Defense. I've never seen Magic used in Pokemon before, so I'm confused as to what those two stats do in your game.

In Pokemon games they have a Special stat however, for both Attack and Defense (Special Attack and Special Defense). You know you can change the terminology of stat names or other elements, right?

I think, "Magic " is Special, because I think the Special in Japanese is translated Magic.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 5, 2017
don't know if you know this but right before you teleport to cinnabar island theirs a box next to the scientist that will level your pokemon up to lvl 99

P.S. Yes i used it :)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 1, 2016
I get difficulty and all, but in Cerulean Cave, I feel like the wild pokemon are a bit too hard.

For example, the Electrode apparently has a move that can OHKO everything including the Chansey. Seems really unfair when it can attack twice before you can even start.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Progress: Been placing trainers along routes 12 through 15. There should be plenty of opportunities to steal pokemon, which you'll need to get your 4th Pokemon.

I'm going to continue letting Fuschia be a ghost town, so I can skip that and get back to more plot stuff. After the next update I'll go back and do more sidequests and recruitment stuff everywhere.

EDIT: Evolution also seems to be working, which is good since people should be at about the point where your first Pokemon can evolve.
Still need to check mutated evolution, but normal evolution should work as intended.

Whoops, I somehow never changed that to the correct term. Magic/Magic Def are supposed to be Sp. Attack/Sp. Defense. Thanks for letting me know!

don't know if you know this but right before you teleport to cinnabar island theirs a box next to the scientist that will level your pokemon up to lvl 99

P.S. Yes i used it :)

That should no longer exist by the next update.

I get difficulty and all, but in Cerulean Cave, I feel like the wild pokemon are a bit too hard.

For example, the Electrode apparently has a move that can OHKO everything including the Chansey. Seems really unfair when it can attack twice before you can even start.

Electrode is supposed to be difficult, but I need to tweak its speed and attack to make it a bit more fair. It shouldn't be exploding before you can get a chance to kill it.

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Hey uhh, did you know you can skip the "Detective Redra" part by just talking to Maxx at the teleporter as soon as you get back from Cinnabar?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
I signed up for this forum specifically to say the following:

1) This game seems like it could be fun. I downloaded it and played for a few hours. It was just "okay".
1a) The mansion was quite annoying, but maybe that's just because I was trying to get through it quickly.

2) I cannot progress past "Where's Redra?" because I have no lockpick. The scientist did not give it to me, and despite downloading the supposed "fixed" version from the link in the first post, I still do not have it. I checked the "far right flower outside of Celadon", and nothing happened. No lockpick. Nothing. Yet, the grunt next to the stairs on the 1st floor of the hideout suggests that I have it already. What the heck?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Progress: I have to finish the Power plant, and then an optional scuffle with a Gym Leader, and then I'll be done with this update.
But I'm having trouble figuring out the Power Plant. It's too short, and too boring for me right now.

Hey uhh, did you know you can skip the "Detective Redra" part by just talking to Maxx at the teleporter as soon as you get back from Cinnabar?

Hm. Maxx shouldn't be there yet, which means you have more checkpoints than you should. I'm gonna put in an extra hard check of the plot points around Cinnabar. They should be dead set to 5 once you return from the mansion the first time.

I signed up for this forum specifically to say the following:

1) This game seems like it could be fun. I downloaded it and played for a few hours. It was just "okay".
1a) The mansion was quite annoying, but maybe that's just because I was trying to get through it quickly.

2) I cannot progress past "Where's Redra?" because I have no lockpick. The scientist did not give it to me, and despite downloading the supposed "fixed" version from the link in the first post, I still do not have it. I checked the "far right flower outside of Celadon", and nothing happened. No lockpick. Nothing. Yet, the grunt next to the stairs on the 1st floor of the hideout suggests that I have it already. What the heck?

Yeah, the game definitely needs improvements.
The next update will have color coded statues in the mansionmatched to each switch they control. This should make the puzzle there a bit smoother, and make the mansion simpler to get through without backtracking as much.

I'm going to look at the events from when you first get to Cinnabar, to back to the scientist, more closely and see if I can figure this out. It really bugs me that this glitch keeps popping up no matter how many times I think I've solved it.
Sorry

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Yeah, the game definitely needs improvements.
The next update will have color coded statues in the mansionmatched to each switch they control. This should make the puzzle there a bit smoother, and make the mansion simpler to get through without backtracking as much.

I'm going to look at the events from when you first get to Cinnabar, to back to the scientist, more closely and see if I can figure this out. It really bugs me that this glitch keeps popping up no matter how many times I think I've solved it.
Sorry

Hey, I'm just glad that you plan to keep working on that strange issue. Hopefully it will be fixed for good next time, and I can continue to play!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Hello!

Would you like to go searching for bugs and possibly encounter many game breaking glitches?
Well then click below!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u80d6oxofc1gn9b/RocketRisingtemp.exe

Changelog
Spoiler:

Are you interested in playing a game that is relatively bug and glitch free?

Please wait a few more weeks as I test everything from the beginning to make sure it actually works properly.

Last edited:
Years
So I mutated my raticate, and instead of making it stronger, all of its stats except hp and mp decreased. I saved before mutating it so that I could always go back if needed. I dont see the point in mutating it if it gets weaker. Unless that was a glitch

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
So I mutated my raticate, and instead of making it stronger, all of its stats except hp and mp decreased. I saved before mutating it so that I could always go back if needed. I dont see the point in mutating it if it gets weaker. Unless that was a glitch

It's not supposed to get weaker, I just never gave it the proper stats. It should get a boost in everything except for Defense and Agility.
That'll be fixed in the next patch.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
I gave a shot to ur game and it was really refreshing!A new perspective to the whole kanto region and the story is really good.I have a problem though :/ After a bit of research in the previous pages of the forum,i found out that it was a checkpoint issue,the game had skipped a lot of plot and i was teleported after cinnabar to the last part of Cilph co.
I found a pretty weird bug.
Spoiler:

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
I feel like this is going to be a great game, but I personally would have rather played it on vba than using VxAce, but I understand that then you would have to take away the battle-in-real-time functionality. Also I am experiencing glitches when I battle against the scientist in SilphCo with the 2 Vulpix, I believe I sent you a private message about it but I also wanted to put it on here to find out if I am the only one receiving this error.

I feel like this is going to be a great game, but I personally would have rather played it on vba than using VxAce, but I understand that then you would have to take away the battle-in-real-time functionality. Also I am experiencing glitches when I battle against the scientist in SilphCo with the 2 Vulpix, I believe I sent you a private message about it but I also wanted to put it on here to find out if I am the only one receiving this error.

Sorry I forgot to mention this, but my game also skipped the whole "Detective Redra" part, I came back from Cinnebar and talked to Maxx, and went straight to SilphCo. I am not sure if this was the source of the error, as it more than likely could be from skipping a whole checkpoint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 29, 2022
hey the game is great so far, but i just wanted to let you know that you can kind of skip the silph co. quest if you exit the building without completing the quest

also is nightshade not suppose to give ap when its used

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
I've been running through the game and found a few little things that I've fixed, like one of the new color coded statues in Cinnabar was wrong, and your starting team on Nugget Bridge has the wrong/really low stats.
Other than that I haven't run into much, and I've been adding stuff like attack animations, or fixing dialogue stuff that sounds strange.

I gave a shot to ur game and it was really refreshing!A new perspective to the whole kanto region and the story is really good.I have a problem though :/ After a bit of research in the previous pages of the forum,i found out that it was a checkpoint issue,the game had skipped a lot of plot and i was teleported after cinnabar to the last part of Cilph co.
I found a pretty weird bug.
Spoiler:

Keep up the good work!

Redra won't give you the item if you skipped both of the case puzzles by breaking open the cases.
I'll re-check that route where the text popped up and try and fix that from happening again.

Sorry I forgot to mention this, but my game also skipped the whole "Detective Redra" part, I came back from Cinnebar and talked to Maxx, and went straight to SilphCo. I am not sure if this was the source of the error, as it more than likely could be from skipping a whole checkpoint.

Dang, apparently I don't get notifications when I get private messages. I will fix that!
In the current version I'm not getting any error with the vulpix. Does it say what script/line is giving the null error?

hey the game is great so far, but i just wanted to let you know that you can kind of skip the silph co. quest if you exit the building without completing the quest

also is nightshade not suppose to give ap when its used

You're allowed to exit Silph Co once you reach the 10th floor, in case you need to level up before the Secretary battle.
That's what you meant by skipping the silph co. quest?

Huh, Nightshade should be giving AP. I'll look into that and see what's going wrong.

Back