• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Lilac [Beta 1 Released!]

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2011
Wooow! Graphically the hack looks great, for I see the gameplay well, fairly well e_e What I would like to see if you can upload the ROM to another server.
Perhaps "Sendspace."

Salu2! n_n

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Well, it's been quite a while since my last update that had any sort of meat or details in it. To remedy this situation today I'm revealing what is probably going to be my biggest overall graphical update to Pokemon Lilac.

During the past month while I was on holidays I dedicated a lot of my free time to producing and re-sizing an entirely new set of OWs to be inserted - Just under 90 in total have been inserted so far with plans for a few more. These OWs are based on. I have completely finished the girl player's OWs (running, surfing, using a field move etc) but the male OW file was corrupted about two weeks ago and I haven't felt like remaking everything again, except for the walking animations. Thanks to JPAN's hacked engine I have managed to give every Gym Leader or story-centric character a pallet that isn't shared by anybody else in the game. In addition to the large number of OWs, I have re-sized approximately 70 trainer sprites to be used during battles which I feel will fit in better with the battling scenes. :D

Anyway, I'm sure you're bored of me talk about stuff so here are some screenies to show off demonstrate what everything looks like in-game. Unfortunately there aren't any new areas/ maps in this update...

Spoiler:

I was just kidding, of course I can provide a screen of a new map. I present to you, the Lowen Safari Zone :3

Spoiler:

Well, that wraps up my long overdue update. In a nutshell: Everything is progressing smoothly and I'm really excited about working with these new OWs and sprites. The next update shouldn't be to far away, since I only need to map and script stuff between now and then. Anyway, that's it from me for now. :)

------- (-o-) -------​

Completed this beta now. Was good. Cant wait for more updates. :D

Thanks man, that means a lot to me :3

love the game find it Original unique you the sort fuji dude? anyways cant wait for the full release, yea alot of water i say "whats all these crates doing here"=it's dr fujis lunch :P

ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT?!?!

Thanks brah. I hope I can reach your expectations but we'll just have to see :P

I think the tiles are excellent.

Thanks man.

Wooow! Graphically the hack looks great, for I see the gameplay well, fairly well e_e What I would like to see if you can upload the ROM to another server.
Perhaps "Sendspace."

Salu2! n_n

Thanks for the compliments mate. I'm pretty lazy and I don't really like to tamper with my first post CSS which always seems to break even if I'm trying to do a super tiny edit (I even think it is still slightly broken from the last time I changed it. Hahaha). Besides, I think that the link I've provided is adequate at the moment :)

Last edited:

Skizzieren

- to outline; design
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 29, 2013
I've been waiting for another impressive update like this one! The entire graphical side of Lilac is brilliant, and I think that these trainer sprites and OW's bring it to another level, now. Keep up the awesome work, brah. I'm really looking forward to what this game will turn into when it's closer to being complete.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2019
This hack is absolutely stellar, Fuji!
I'll be waiting on tense tenterhooks for the next beta or even update.
Those overworlds are gorgeous; it's really nice to see/play 3rd Gen hacks with HGSS sprites: modernly simplistic.
Really, add another fan to your list. ^_^

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2011
What do you mean? e_e
The hack is amazing, especially those new scans that I * ¬ *
I hope to see more graphic design, tiles, minis, etc, goes well ^ ^

Salu2! n_n

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Hey, Fuji great hack man. I totally enjoyed the beta, everything was nice. The tiles, the scripting, the story, everything. Truly good job, looking forward to more :D

marcc5m

what
Years
Y U NO TELL ME YOU UPDATE?

Anyway it looks good, but you should add flying bagel monsters for extra coolness.
Also that building is epic.

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
I really like the new tiles and the new sprites but I need to know will the male protagonist keep his hat?!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I've been waiting for another impressive update like this one! The entire graphical side of Lilac is brilliant, and I think that these trainer sprites and OW's bring it to another level, now. Keep up the awesome work, brah. I'm really looking forward to what this game will turn into when it's closer to being complete.

Thanks brah, it took quite a while to get everything ready, insert it and then have it play off the improvements JPAN made to the FR OW system. I'm hopeful you will enjoy it in the future so until then you'll have to just wait :3

This hack is absolutely stellar, Fuji!
I'll be waiting on tense tenterhooks for the next beta or even update.
Those overworlds are gorgeous; it's really nice to see/play 3rd Gen hacks with HGSS sprites: modernly simplistic.
Really, add another fan to your list. ^_^

Thanks man, there aren't a lot of hacks that have completely redone their OWs/sprites so I'm glad to be in that exclusive club.

Consider yourself on that list :P

What do you mean? e_e
The hack is amazing, especially those new scans that I * ¬ *
I hope to see more graphic design, tiles, minis, etc, goes well ^ ^

Salu2! n_n

The way my first post is created, it sometimes screws up when I edit it. I'm trying to find a replacement but it isn't an immediate priority right now. And thanks for the compliments! Your graphics are also amazing so it great to hear approval from someone like you :P

Hey, Fuji great hack man. I totally enjoyed the beta, everything was nice. The tiles, the scripting, the story, everything. Truly good job, looking forward to more :D

Thanks dude, more story-related updates are coming soon so hopefully that will tide you over until beta 2. I just have to keep pleasing you, don't I? :P

Y U NO TELL ME YOU UPDATE?

Anyway it looks good, but you should add flying bagel monsters for extra coolness.
Also that building is epic.

BECUZ U NO LISTEN :<

I'm afraid I'll have to decline your flying bagel suggestion. I mean, seriously, bagels? What does this look like to you, a flying bakery?

thnx.

I really like the new tiles and the new sprites but I need to know will the male protagonist keep his hat?!

Nope. :3

Unfortunately he lost his sweet hat in during the OW update, but how he has a big tuft of brown hair so I guess he's a...

Spoiler:

This hack looks so beautiful. I really can't wait for the next beta, or maybe the full release.

Thanks, the second beta shouldn't be too long... But don't hold your breath XD

beautiful but looks like its cancelled .. is it ?

Cancelled...? :<

...Nope.

:D​

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not the hat I named it Steven but oh well its not my game but everything looks great so far Fuji

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Spoiler:

I was just kidding, of course I can provide a screen of a new map. I present to you, the Lowen Safari Zone :3

Spoiler:

Wow. The tiles are so beautiful, especially the Safari Zone. In addition, this is probably the first hack to have a completely redone set of OWs, so good job on that. :)

On a side note, I think the Rocket in the middle of the fifth screenie (the one with the purple...hair?) looks a bit horizontally squished.

pancakeonmyhead

Kpop Enthusiast
Years
I've been stalking thislurking in this post for a while, since that's all I've had time to do,
BUT NOW I FINALLY HAVE TIME TO TRY OUT THE BETA~
I'M SO EXCITED, since everything in this thread is absolutely flawless.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
noticed this hack from your sig looks interesting. screen shots look great. story sounds good. gona start this next week :D

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
Hey Fuji. These recent screenshots are amazing. I never would have guessed the work you put into inserting them. I hope to see a lot of cools scripts in beta 2 when you decide to release it. I hope we can some of the people on this thread to vote for you! Good Luck!

SammieLily2

Writer Extraordinare
Years
Hey, it looks super-duper nice. :)
I can't wait for the full release - or, at least, the next beta release. I'm going to download this soon, so hopefully I can actually experience the awesomeness.
Hope you continue to update and get more stuff done for it, despite school being here and all.
~Sammie

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
I saw the screens and couldn't wait to download. But unfortunately it's hosted on Megaupload. xD Stil can't wait to play, look forward to a new upload.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Well, I haven't posted in this thread for a while damn, I seem to be saying this every single time I try to update but the holiday season and commitments kept me away from hacking and progressing with Lilac. I'd like to thank everybody who participated in the HotY voting process and helped this hack to come equal second in the graphics and equal third in the mapping categories, not to mention fifth overall. It was amazing to see so many people support me, even when up against some of the titans of Emulation. Anyway, that's enough of my blathering - Here are some new screenshots to show how progress is going.

KarateMan.png
KaedeRanch.png
Crops.png

You're looking at screenshots of Route 9 and Kaede Ranch, a small collection of farming families who make a living selling their crops and goods from their Pokemon. With this 'town' complete, there is only one more city to finish until Beta 2 rolls around. I hope you enjoyed this small and long overdue preview :P

-------- (-o-) -------​

this looks awsome
cant wait till full release

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not the hat I named it Steven but oh well its not my game but everything looks great so far Fuji

Haha, thanks for your support guys :P

Wow. The tiles are so beautiful, especially the Safari Zone. In addition, this is probably the first hack to have a completely redone set of OWs, so good job on that. :)

On a side note, I think the Rocket in the middle of the fifth screenie (the one with the purple...hair?) looks a bit horizontally squished.

Thanks man, I'm not the first to have a redone library of OWs but having expended so much effort, I can see why there are so few hacks with this feature. Thanks for the feedback about the Rocket Admin I've resized him a bit so he won't be as skinny when you see him next :P

I've been stalking thislurking in this post for a while, since that's all I've had time to do,
BUT NOW I FINALLY HAVE TIME TO TRY OUT THE BETA~
I'M SO EXCITED, since everything in this thread is absolutely flawless.

noticed this hack from your sig looks interesting. screen shots look great. story sounds good. gona start this next week :D

Thanks, I hope you both had fun playing :3

Hey Fuji. These recent screenshots are amazing. I never would have guessed the work you put into inserting them. I hope to see a lot of cools scripts in beta 2 when you decide to release it. I hope we can some of the people on this thread to vote for you! Good Luck!

You can bet your sweet bippy there will be cool scripts and the like in Beta 2. Once again, thanks to everybody who voted for me in HotY :D

Hey, it looks super-duper nice. :)
I can't wait for the full release - or, at least, the next beta release. I'm going to download this soon, so hopefully I can actually experience the awesomeness.
Hope you continue to update and get more stuff done for it, despite school being here and all.
~Sammie

Oh yeah, University is going to be challenge, but I'm hopeful I can keep working on this (especially since when I'm stressed I seem to spend dozens of hours working on Lilac). I hope you enjoyed the update and stuff :)

I saw the screens and couldn't wait to download. But unfortunately it's hosted on Megaupload. xD Stil can't wait to play, look forward to a new upload.

Hehe, sorry for not changing the first post download link quicker since it kind of came out of the blue. Well, now you can download it and see the hack for yourself :D

Back