• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Light Version [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
Beta release?

Do you know when the first beta release is going to be out? because this looks SO COOL! i LOVE the idea of a mailbox system, and also the phone idea. never seen that before, so i'm TOTALLY willing to try out this hack.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
New Update

UPDATE:
Hey guys, here again to share with you an update and answer some concerns.
First of all a lot of people are asking about a download link, and/or a release date(Approximation)
First of all there is no download link, simply because no beta has been released yet. As to a release date, I can't say. Too many factors can speed up the progress, or sharply slow it down. But as always there are ways anyone who is interested can help! This can be from a multitude of things such as, posting your ideas for the hack, commenting on the hack, or anything of the sort. (Keeping the thread alive really improves my moral to continue stead-fast on the hack)I am also looking for any ASM Hackers, or spriters willing to help out with the hack. Now without further delay, new screenshot.
These new screen shots are of the optional city Avingnon:
LS62.png

There is the dojo, were if you beat the sensi you have the option of 1 of 3 of his rare fighting type pokemon
LS63.png

LS64.png

Like the houses?
LS65.png

LS66.png

Avingnon is a major port city
LS67.png

Here is where the water generator for the town is located. You can trade a voltorb, for a (Pokemon yet to be decided)
LS68.png

As one of the 3 southern port towns, Avingnon like the others all have there own unique docking building.

Years
wow! everything looks great so far! could you give us an advance of the fakemon?? i really like when hacks and games have fakes! how many of them will there be?

About the upload screenshots: they look fantastic! i really like the houses, most of all the brickwalls (sorry for my bad english). The roofs are really cool too. And that deck on the dojo is unique :)

I have 2 observations to make, though. First, the dojo has a shadow that nothing else has... i think you should remove it (because the other option would be to make that shadow in EVERY single building, tree, rock and object and that would be a lot of work, also, i think shadows shouldn't be completely black but only a bit darker than the ground). I like the style of that shadow, but i think it just doesn't match the rest of the tiles... Second, the gears in the left side of the generator look awkward (i don't know if that's the word), it looks as if its burried in land, and not as if it would be in water. Maybe you could make'em follow the curves of the waves (i think they're waves... anyway, the curves in the water) or simply put them in solid ground.

That's it for my feedback! I hope my observations are useful... Cheers for you and your project NarutoActor!

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
I'll beta test for sure! This looks amazing, personally I think Fire Red based hacks are the best, I simply love the style of the graphics. Keep up the good work! :)

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
wow! everything looks great so far! could you give us an advance of the fakemon?? i really like when hacks and games have fakes! how many of them will there be?

About the upload screenshots: they look fantastic! i really like the houses, most of all the brickwalls (sorry for my bad english). The roofs are really cool too. And that deck on the dojo is unique :)

I have 2 observations to make, though. First, the dojo has a shadow that nothing else has... i think you should remove it (because the other option would be to make that shadow in EVERY single building, tree, rock and object and that would be a lot of work, also, i think shadows shouldn't be completely black but only a bit darker than the ground). I like the style of that shadow, but i think it just doesn't match the rest of the tiles... Second, the gears in the left side of the generator look awkward (i don't know if that's the word), it looks as if its burried in land, and not as if it would be in water. Maybe you could make'em follow the curves of the waves (i think they're waves... anyway, the curves in the water) or simply put them in solid ground.

That's it for my feedback! I hope my observations are useful... Cheers for you and your project NarutoActor!
Well I was always planing to use Jambos 649 hack once you are allowed to use it in conjunction to a progressing hack. Then with the open slots available up to 999 I would use the rest for fakemon (999-649=350).

On the gears, that was actually one of my concerns, and that is why there is a rock located directly under them(to provide a contrast, without it, it looks as if the gears are floating) I am also hoping that I can animate the gears, but I don't have any sprites that would allow for that.

marcc5m

what
Years
Really nice rock hack. I like how you've inserted Alistair's tiles, but they don't go very well with the default tiles and the Pokémon Centre. You also have to give all the houses a shadow, since that brown one has one.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Thanks, Im not much of a sprite artist but I will do my best to try to make the tiles flow better, but for now they can be a good placeholder for the storyline.
Also it's *Pokemon Center xD

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
UPDATE:
)I am also looking for any ASM Hackers, or spriters willing to help out with the hack.

I have a sprite that you can use that I made myself. If you want to see it, you can pm me, because I don't want anyone else using it. I have an exported Library file of the sprite for nameless, so you can use it if you want. I'll send an image over pm first if you want, then you can decide to use it or not. It uses the pallet of PLAYER (red).

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2012
This hack looks awesome, i like every single thing about it.
Can't wait for a download link! :P

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 7, 2014
looks amazing! I wish it was out now so I had something to do :P keep up the good work! can't wait to play it!

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
I honestly cant wait till the game comes out :D. Looking forward to it ^^, it looks incredible so far

Sodapop

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Yeah there are, there will be 350 of them, she has 999 slots of pokemon, by the way, I'm hoping the hack comes out by the summer.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
Really looking forward to this

I keep checking back a couple times a week to see if there are any new updates. I'm looking forward to the release, keep up the good work :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
i take it you are a zelda fan like me? i ask cause some of the maps in the screenshots look like Castor Wilds(hope i got that right) from Zelda: Minish Cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back