• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Navel Rock

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
In Gen 3 (R/S not included, only E/FR/LG), with the Mystic Ticket, you can sail to Navel Rock, and inside, there is a long hallway- which at the end there are two ladders. One leading down, and one leading up. If you go down, you'll find Lugia first- the legendaries are at Level 70 and have a capture rate of 3, so unless you're prepared you're going to have a hard time. And if you decide to go up- after a while of going up you'll hit the peak. Head forward and Ho-Oh will fly down and battle you. Lugia stays in one spot. You can also find a hidden Sacred Ash just where Ho-Oh stood after you make it faint/catch it.

In Emerald, the cave has a gold-like tint, while in FR/LG it has an almost silver-like rock. Apparently, this could be a reference to how Ho-Oh represents gold and Lugia representing silver. So, did you ever manage to reach Navel Rock in any way? Or have you just heard about it? Did you successfully manage to capture the duo, or did you fail? Also, what game did you visit Navel Rock in? FireRed/LeafGreen, or Emerald?

Post below!
250MS.png
249MS.png

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Unfortunately, I never get to make mystery event work. So yeah, I cheated tbh. I reached Navel Rock with Emerald and I was so excited to be in a new cave. But of course, I knew Lugia and Ho-oh would be there so it's not that exciting. I only cheated the ticket so when it comes to capturing legendaries, I give effort to it. I took about 2 hours on that cave and I gave up, It was very unfortunate of me to only capture Lugia in the end. It was a complete torture loosing all of my Pokeballs to Lugia and got like 8 left for Ho-oh. 3rd gen is the best! :]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 11, 2015
Like most people, I think, I got there using hacks :P

Still, it was very cool and mysterious, finding a "secret" part of the game in LG.

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
Years
I actually had the thing to activate the mystery gift but I lost it when I moved house before I got to use it.
I still haven't been there even with the availability of cheats.

Years
I may have gone there in Emerald with the cheats back in 2005 or something (or maybe it was 2009, can't remember) and battling Ho-Oh and Lugia there. Since they put like ten flights of stairs down to get to Lugia and four for Ho-Oh, they might have wanted to represent what the two are for their natures in a more approachable manner, since the latter resides at the bottom of the sea while the former is the rainbow basin.

Years
I remember doing this on my ol' trusty GBA Tribal with Emerald. At the time, I was still a very young boy, so I went in there with a few Poke Balls. All of my Pokemon's attacks were offensive so all I could do was damage them and throw a Ball at them and hope I would successfully catch. In the end, I ended up failing to capture them to my annoyance and confusion of how I wasn't able to catch them with a Poke Ball. However, years later after gaining more knowledge on this, I tried again on a different save and, alas, I was successful. Unfortunately, my save file got corrupted about a week later.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
When I had first played Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald on Game Boy, I was not able to catch up with Mystery Gift event, sadly, which made me miss the opportunity to visit the place and have these two Pokémon captured (would have loved it if I were able). I did not have any cheating device back then, either; otherwise, I probably could have used it to obtain Mystic Ticket, and take everything else from there.

While playing on emulator, though, I did manage to get a hold of the item (thankfully, we're permitted to use cheat codes in these things; couldn't have done it without them), and finally step foot into Naval Rock. As far as capturing goes, I wound up catching both Lugia and Ho-oh eventually, but former was the first one I had attempted.

They took a long, long time to catch, unfortunately (each two - three hours in total), but in a way, I'd say it was still a fun and enjoyable experience.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 30, 2015
How do you guys go about getting the "unobtainable" legendaries such as Mew and so forth? I've only played FRLG, many times though I must say, and have completed the 1st gen dex with exception of just a couple. I have my copy of Emerald coming this week, but I have not ruled out the possibility of getting a gameshark as well. Is that the best course of action? How exactly do they work? I really want to collect the entire gen 3 dex, any help is much appreciated!

Years
This is an example of why the concept of events was a bit silly back in the days of GBA gaming. Events that require you to be somewhere in-person to acquire them NEVER reach Ireland, even though we have GameStop here. They stop short at the UK. Because of this, I never even knew about such events (which is probably a good thing or I'd have been disgustingly jealous).

I got the MysticTicket by using an Action Replay, and was pleasantly surprised to encounter the two Johto Legends, albeit I might've preferred to have known to expect them - something about their being there was cheapened a bit by the fact I encountered them while walking through walls and having 99 of every Pokéball.

Egon Spengler said:
How do you guys go about getting the "unobtainable" legendaries such as Mew and so forth? I've only played FRLG, many times though I must say, and have completed the 1st gen dex with exception of just a couple. I have my copy of Emerald coming this week, but I have not ruled out the possibility of getting a gameshark as well. Is that the best course of action? How exactly do they work? I really want to collect the entire gen 3 dex, any help is much appreciated!
Spoiler:

Back