• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Okay, here's me n00bing out..

'-----------------------
#org 0x80010D
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x7
if 0x1 goto 0x88002C3
applymovement 0x1 0x8800146
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8800154 '"Hey, [player]!"
pause 0x20
applymovement 0x1 0x8800149
msgbox 0x8800162 '" reddfrrJERRY'S MUM: So you finally..."
pause 0x20
applymovement 0x1 0x880014E
setflag 0x7
callstd 0x2
'-----------------------
#org 0x8002C3

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x800146
#raw 2 'Face Left
#raw FE 'End of Movements
#org 0x800149
#raw 13 'Step Right (Normal)
#org 0x80014E
#raw 3 'Face Right
#raw 12 'Step Left (Normal)

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x800154
= Hey, [player]!
#org 0x800162
= JERRY'S MUM: So you finally woke up, \neh?\pJerry and the others woke up ages\nago - I think they've all gone to\lBlitzore City.\pAnyways, your mum called in here\nearlier. She was acting really\lstressed and stuff[.]\pShe told me she wants you to go\nhome now, so if it doesn't bother\lyou, I think that'd be a good idea,\lyeah?\pIt was nice seeing you, by the way.

Soo basically it skips the script up to 0x8800149, ignoring all of the stuff up to there. Also, after the textbox the script ends, ignoring the flag setting and the movement afterwards. Probably an easy solution, but do you know what's up?

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2018
I did... But now when I walked over the and nothing happend...

Posting the script would help us a lot, also when doing applymovement 0x(#) @pointer are you making sure that the (#) is the person event no. of the sprite you want to move. Also, in A-Map make sure you're setting the first Unknown to 0300 and the Var number to 4050 on the script tile as previously stated.
Okay, here's me n00bing out..

Soo basically it skips the script up to 0x8800149, ignoring all of the stuff up to there. Also, after the textbox the script ends, ignoring the flag setting and the movement afterwards. Probably an easy solution, but do you know what's up?
Posting the original non-compiled script makes it a lot easier for us to help you. But I have a feeling it has to do with the #org 80023C but that's just a guess.

Last edited:

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Posting the script would help us a lot, also when doing applymovement 0x(#) @pointer are you making sure that the (#) is the person event no. of the sprite you want to move. Also, in A-Map make sure you're setting the first Unknown to 0300 and the Var number to 4050 on the script tile as previously stated.
Posting the original non-compiled script makes it a lot easier for us to help you. But I have a feeling it has to do with the #org 80023C but that's just a guess.

This is the script:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x1150
if 0x1 goto @done2
checkflag 0x820
if 0x1 goto @done
message @talk 0x6
applymovement 0x06 @move2
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @talk
= You don't have your first badge!

#org @move
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x3
#raw 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x2
#raw 0xFE

#org @done
lock
faceplayer
message @1 0x6
givepokemon 0x385 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
message @2 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x1150
message @3 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
message @4 0x6
release
end

#org @done2
release
end

#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return

#org @1
= I see you have your first badge!\nNow I have something for you!

#org @2
= [black_fr]You received a Castform!

#org @3
= [black_fr]Would you like to give a\nnickname to Castform?

#org @4
= Please take care of Castform!

iLoveHate

Hmmmmmm.... :D
Years
Haia i got a question this time aswell, haha.
Last time i made a givepokemon script, you guysn think: LOL thats not hard.You are right but im stuck at 1 thing. When i want to give the pokemon a nickname it skips that part.
here is the script:
Spoiler:

If i say 'YES' you hear something and then you are free to go, so it did go to @nick but he didnt call 0x1A74EB

Things i tried:
if 0x1 goto @nick
if 0x1 gosub @nick
if 0x1 call @nick

It just skips the part when i can give the poke a nickname. and yes i am using XSE 1.1.1

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I have a script:

Spoiler:

The script works until the GIVE POKEMON part start. Then the game just freeze and I can't do anything. How can I fix this?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I have a script:

Spoiler:

The script works until the GIVE POKEMON part start. Then the game just freeze and I can't do anything. How can I fix this?

I am guessing that it's not working, it's because that instead of providing the ROM with the hex number of Castform, you instead gave the ROM Castform's game number, written in hex format.
Please bear the thought that...
Code:
givepokemon 0x385

...and...
Code:
givepokemon 385

...are NOT the same.
Therefore, there is no such PKMN bearing the hex number 0x385.

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2018
@SKRoy What destined said, change the "givepokemon 0x385" to "givepokemon 0x181". Also in your @done2 pointer, the release isn't needed seeing as you never used lock, but that's just me being picky. xD

@iLoveHate What game did you test the script on?

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
there is something wrong with this script. After i win i and i talk to him nothing happens.
'-----------------------
#org 0x800000
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1 0x0 0x8800017 0x8800041
msgbox 0x880005D '"I will train harder to defeat you!"
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x800017
= This will be my first Pokemon Battle!!

#org 0x800041
= No! I Lost! This can't be!

#org 0x80005D
= I will train harder to defeat you!

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
Pokemon Emerald

I was wondering if anyone could help me find the script for this scene in Pokemon Emerald:

i.imgur.com/2HTYp.png

That is the event when you enter your rival's house for the first time.

I can't seem to find it anywhere here:
i.imgur.com/xjngG.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
I used my PKSV to fight a celebi. But whenever I catch the celebi it doesn't disappear, but when i run away or beat it, it says mewtwo flown away and it disappears.
#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
special 0x187
compare LASTRESULT 2
if == jump 0x81A7AE0
special 0x188
lock
faceplayer
checksound
cry CELEBI 2
waitcry
pause 0x14
playsound 0x156 0x0
battle CELEBI 0x52 BLACKFLUTE
setflag 0x807
special 0x138
waitspecial
removcesprite 0x800F
clearflag 0x807
special2 0x800D 0xB4
compare LASTRESULT 1
if == jump 0x8162558
compare LASTRESULT 4
if == jump 0x8162561
compare LASTRESULT 5
if == jump 0x8162561
setflag 0x211
fadescreen 0
release
end

iLoveHate

Hmmmmmm.... :D
Years
I was wondering if anyone could help me find the script for this scene in Pokemon Emerald:

i.imgur.com/2HTYp.png

That is the event when you enter your rival's house for the first time.

I can't seem to find it anywhere here:
i.imgur.com/xjngG.png

Haia, that script is called a level script. a level script is when you enter somewhere something happens instead of walking at a certain spot.

You can find those scripts in the Header tab of the map.
then go to the map script part.
there might be more then 1 level script but as you can see you can select 1 and open the script. ^^

Years
Okay, I have a big problem.
A REEEEEEEEALLY big problem.

Game: Pokemon Topaz Version, the first of the Garnet Dynasty Triad

Base: Pokemon Ruby Version

Script type: That depends, as I've tried to fix it so many times. I'll say it's a ground panel (I forgot what they're really called).

Script editor: That's kinda where the problem starts.

My problem is pretty bad. You see, I've tried so hard to get this right. It started with my use of PokeScript not working. Then it was my use of XSE that didn't work, and now it's my use of PKSV that doesn't work. I've tried basically every reliable script editor, but one of two things will happen; either the clicky noise of when a text box pops up (or the level-up sound) will happen, but nothing else will, or the worse one, a glitched up poke mart on steroids will appear. It's impossible to exit from, and it looks like poop, not to mention it breaks my ROM pretty much every stinkin' time! I just can't figure this out, and any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading this absurdly long post, I hope someone can help me fix this!

Oh, duh! I'm in the script help thread! Here's the freaked out script that hates my guts.

Code:
#dyn 0x740000
#org @begin
m walk_down_vslow walk_right_vslow walk_right_vslow walk_right_vslow walk_right_vslow walk_right_vslow walk_right_vslow walk_right_vslow walk_right_vslow walk_right_vslow look_down walk_down_vslow walk_down_vslow walk_down_vslow walk_down_vslow walk_down_vslow walk_down_vslow walk_down_vslow walk_down_vslow walk_down_vslow look_up walk_left_vslow walk_left_vslow walk_left_vslow walk_left_vslow walk_left_vslow walk_up_vslow end
trainerbattle 0x0 0x256 0x0 @thelegendspeaks @upondefeat
msgbox @aftermath
callstd MSG_NORMAL
release
end

#org @thelegendspeaks
= Latias: So[.] you came. You\nare ready to meet your\ldestiny, I presume?\pv\h01: I suppose[.] But I'm a\llittle nervous[.]\pLatias: That doesn't matter.\lDestiny cannot be changed, and\las my duties inform me, I\lcannot allow you to live. So\lwill you give up now, or force\lmy power?\pv\h01: Wait, WHAT?!\pI wasn't supposed to DIE!\pI can't! I have so much in my\llife[.]\pLatias: Like I already said, I\lcannot allow you to live.\pYou made me do this.\pI am afraid that you must\lperish now.\pBe ready to feel darkness, v\h01!

#org @upondefeat
= Not possible[.]!

#org @aftermath
= No! Destiny cannot be disrupted!\nYou should've given up your\llife when you had the chance!

Oh, and I wrote it in PKSV (by score_under) Scripting doesen't work on either of my computers, by the way. :pink_frown:

Thanks in advance!

~M.M.

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2018
Okay, I have a big problem.
A REEEEEEEEALLY big problem.

Game: Pokemon Topaz Version, the first of the Garnet Dynasty Triad

Base: Pokemon Ruby Version

Script type: That depends, as I've tried to fix it so many times. I'll say it's a ground panel (I forgot what they're really called).

Script editor: That's kinda where the problem starts.

My problem is pretty bad. You see, I've tried so hard to get this right. It started with my use of PokeScript not working. Then it was my use of XSE that didn't work, and now it's my use of PKSV that doesn't work. I've tried basically every reliable script editor, but one of two things will happen; either the clicky noise of when a text box pops up (or the level-up sound) will happen, but nothing else will, or the worse one, a glitched up poke mart on steroids will appear. It's impossible to exit from, and it looks like poop, not to mention it breaks my ROM pretty much every stinkin' time! I just can't figure this out, and any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading this absurdly long post, I hope someone can help me fix this!

Oh, duh! I'm in the script help thread! Here's the freaked out script that hates my guts.

Code:
#dyn 0x740000
#org @begin
m walk_down_vslow walk_right_vslow walk_right_vslow walk_right_vslow walk_right_vslow walk_right_vslow walk_right_vslow walk_right_vslow walk_right_vslow walk_right_vslow look_down walk_down_vslow walk_down_vslow walk_down_vslow walk_down_vslow walk_down_vslow walk_down_vslow walk_down_vslow walk_down_vslow walk_down_vslow look_up walk_left_vslow walk_left_vslow walk_left_vslow walk_left_vslow walk_left_vslow walk_up_vslow end
trainerbattle 0x0 0x256 0x0 @thelegendspeaks @upondefeat
msgbox @aftermath
callstd MSG_NORMAL
release
end

#org @thelegendspeaks
= Latias: So[.] you came. You\nare ready to meet your\ldestiny, I presume?\pv\h01: I suppose[.] But I'm a\llittle nervous[.]\pLatias: That doesn't matter.\lDestiny cannot be changed, and\las my duties inform me, I\lcannot allow you to live. So\lwill you give up now, or force\lmy power?\pv\h01: Wait, WHAT?!\pI wasn't supposed to DIE!\pI can't! I have so much in my\llife[.]\pLatias: Like I already said, I\lcannot allow you to live.\pYou made me do this.\pI am afraid that you must\lperish now.\pBe ready to feel darkness, v\h01!

#org @upondefeat
= Not possible[.]!

#org @aftermath
= No! Destiny cannot be disrupted!\nYou should've given up your\llife when you had the chance!

Oh, and I wrote it in PKSV (by score_under) Scripting doesen't work on either of my computers, by the way. :pink_frown:

Thanks in advance!

~M.M.

Alright, change back to XSE (It's a lot easier to use and it's more highly supported), download it from 4Shared or MediaFire. These are XSE ver. 1.1.1. Rewrite your script in XSE, compile it, set it to a script tile and then let us know what happens.

there is something wrong with this script. After i win i and i talk to him nothing happens.
'-----------------------
#org 0x800000
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1 0x0 0x8800017 0x8800041
msgbox 0x880005D '"I will train harder to defeat you!"
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x800017
= This will be my first Pokemon Battle!!

#org 0x800041
= No! I Lost! This can't be!

#org 0x80005D
= I will train harder to defeat you!

Here's my fixes and \\Explanations of changes. These comments should not be added when compiling..

Spoiler:

Write this script into XSE without the stuff in blue, compile it, set it to a sprite, check the "Trainer" box, set the View Radius, and it should work. Let us know if you have anymore problems!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2012
Hi, i have one problem with wildbattle script. i was trying to make wilbattle script by var. example:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x8005 0x1 (it should be bulbasaur)
wildbattle 0x8005 0x5 0x0
release
end
(My script is more difficult, but working on same rules.)
but in game it's not bulbasaur but missigno.
When i make script givepokemon (all the same, except wildbattle. I exchange it for givepokemon) it working beautifully.
Does anyone know why this is happening?

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2018
Hi, i have one problem with wildbattle script. i was trying to make wilbattle script by var. example:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x8005 0x1 (it should be bulbasaur)
wildbattle 0x8005 0x5 0x0
release
end
(My script is more difficult, but working on same rules.)
but in game it's not bulbasaur but missigno.
When i make script givepokemon (all the same, except wildbattle. I exchange it for givepokemon) it working beautifully.
Does anyone know why this is happening?

No idea why that is happening, could you try doing "setvar 0x8005 0x2" and seeing if that works?

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Heyo!
I have made a script at the beginning of the game in Fire Red, as soon as you enter the world. For some reason, it has this problem:
(youtube) /watch?v=ISO7QBRj5RE&feature=plcp

In Advance Map, it is a map script, and it look like this:
Script Type: Validates values, loads handler to 0x03000EB0 (playback) [02]
Flag: $4055
Value: $0000

The script in PKSV looks like this:

Spoiler:

Could somebody please explain to me what I did wrong? It would be greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
heyo said:
Spoiler:

This tutorial tells you how to fix that problem:

Link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2012
No idea why that is happening, could you try doing "setvar 0x8005 0x2" and seeing if that works?
i change setvar 0x8005 0x1 to 0x8005 0x2. when i made givepokemon script its working great. Gave me ivisaur (0x2), but in wildbattle missigno.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
i change setvar 0x8005 0x1 to 0x8005 0x2. when i made givepokemon script its working great. Gave me ivisaur (0x2), but in wildbattle missigno.

It's kinda hard to understand what you're trying to say... You want to script a battle with a Bulbasaur? In that case,

Code:
wildbattle 0x1 0x5 0x0

should work. You really don't need to use a var for wild battles, either; even if you have "if" statements, it might just be easier for now to hard code it make a custom "wildbattle" for each "if", instead of setting a var, and potentially having a MissingNo.. The case may be that the "wildbattle" command just doesn't accept vars, period. I don't know, so try it without them.

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2012
should work. You really don't need to use a var for wild battles, either; even if you have "if" statements, it might just be easier for now to hard code it make a custom "wildbattle" for each "if", instead of setting a var, and potentially having a MissingNo.. The case may be that the "wildbattle" command just doesn't accept vars, period. I don't know, so try it without them.
I need use vars becouse my script is more difficult, and bulbasaur is only example. Var will be selected by player , and wilbattle should be selected too (for example: i chose from party pokemons my bulbasaur-setvar 0x8005 0x1, and later wildbattle with bulbasaur). But, yes, i think wildbattle command doesn's accept vars :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back