• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Persona Challenge

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #3: Sacred Gold
I finally have an update for this challenge. As usual when it's time to study I feel like doing anything but study..., well at least I have updates. I finally got the chance to grab that Absol and lucky me, its nature is Adamant!

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
323.png

Magician the Lax Camerupt (M) @ Lv.39
Ability: Solid Rock
Item: Wide Lens
Rock Slide, Focus Energy, Lava Plume, Earth Power
189.png

Lovers the Sassy Jumpluff (M) @ Lv.39
Ability: Chlorophyll
Item: Miracle Seed
U-turn, Bullet Seed, Mega Drain, Tackle
121.png

Priestess the Sassy Starmie (/) @ Lv.41
Ability: Illuminate
Psybeam, Surf, Swift, Recover
289.png

Fool the Serious Slaking (F) @ Lv.40
Ability: Vital Spirit
Item: Silk Scarf
Slash, Return, Night Slash, Slack Off
478.png

Death the Relaxed Froslass (F) @ Lv.40
Ability: Levitate
Headbutt, Shadow Ball, Bite, Ice Beam
359.png

Devil the Adamant Absol (M) @ Lv.34
Ability: Pressure
Item: Exp. Share
Pursuit, Swords Dance, Bite, Double Team

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
I looked at the pokedex for liquid crystal and I'll be using an aipom

OK your team is:
Haunter, Poliwrath, Magcargo, Piloswine, Magneton, and Exploud
and you can use an hm slave to fly and stuff

I'll give this a try, if someone wants to give me a team. I haven't played Ruby in a while, so I'll do it on that game. Might expand to other versions later, depending on how it goes.

Name: Imperator161
Game: Ruby
Types: Electric, Dark, Ghost, Ice, Water, Fire
Your team is:
Manectric, Shiftry, Dusclops, Glaile, Pelliper, and Torkoal

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 16, 2014
Name: okoloto
Game: white 2
Types: normal,electric,water,fire,dark,fighting

Years
update

Ene the Haunter (female) lvl:27

Kraft the Macargo (female) lvl:24

Karkat the Loudred (male) lvl:26

Bruce the Poliwhirl (male) lvl:27

3/8 gym badges

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
My goal team (from above): Manectric, Shiftry, Dusclops, Glaile, Pelliper, and Torkoal

I haven't had time to do much on Ruby yet, but so far, I've picked up a Wingull and a Seedot, and am on my way to defeat the first gym leader.

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
Name: okoloto
Game: white 2
Types: normal,electric,water,fire,dark,fighting

your team is Zangoose, Galvantula, Azumarill, Arcanine, Zoroark, and Lucario

Name: Jason
Game: Blaze Black
Types: Ghost, Electric, Water, Fire, Ice, Dark

:D
your team is: Drifblim, Manectric, Poliwrath, Magcargo, Beartic, and Shiftry

Mr.LunchboxBear

Pokébreeder
Years
Username: Mr.LunchboxBear
Game: Pokemon FireRed
Arcana: High Priestess, Lovers, Death, Emperor, Fool, Tower
Types: Water, Grass, Ghost, Electric, Normal, Rock

I am unable to do any trading, pokegenning, or hacking. So I may have to request a change if I can't catch them.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
TL;DR: Finished challenge (see below); want to do another one, so please give me a new team!

I've made a bunch of progress on my challenge. I just arrived in Fortree City, and plan to challenge the sixth gym soon.

The team:
-Manectric lvl 33
-Nuzleaf lvl 30
-Torkoal lvl 32
-Pelipper lvl 35

Update: Challenge complete! Let's see if I can get my championship screenshot to appear properly:

Champion_victory.png

The final team:
-Gulliver the Bold Pelipper, lvl. 54
-Thorin the Timid Shiftry, lvl. 52
-Electra the Bashful Manectric, lvl. 47
-Furnace the Lonely Torkoal, lvl. 44
-Reaper the Modest Dusclops, lvl. 42
-Empress the Modest Glalie, lvl. 42

Comments: My Pelipper was the MVP of the run. It was my main attacker early on, when I had only Wingull and Seedot (who couldn't attack for quite a while). The team was plagued by shallow movepool issues early on, but that improved somewhat as the run went on and as the team diversified. Shiftry and Manectric became much more useful later on in the run; thus, the trio of Pelipper, Manectric, and Shiftry saw most of the action, with Torkoal getting occasional attention, and the other two members mainly being dragged along with Exp. Share.

I didn't do as good a job of incorporating my later members into my team as I would have liked. By the time I got Duskull, I found that I had a hard time getting it to keep up on the experience front, especially as it was fairly useless to begin with. Snorunt proved problematic as well; I discovered that the clock on my game seemed to be stuck at 10 am, i.e., high tide for Shoal Cave, and as I needed low tide to get Snorunt, I had to hack it in. The code I found for doing so meant that it was only level 2 when I captured it after my seventh or eighth badge; consequently, most of my spare experience went into leveling it up from that point forward (I only just managed to get it to evolve by the time I beat the Elite Four), which slowed down the rest of my team's growth (even with a bit of extra grinding).

Overall, I hadn't used most of these Pokémon before in-game (only Manectric), so it was a lot of fun to play through with them. I also enjoyed the thematic element of this challenge.

I'm not sure if I'll do a full ultimate challenge or not, but I would at least like to continue for a bit. So, I'll be looking for a new team, this time for Gold. Since my water Pokémon was most-used, I'll pick a water-type to use for my next run: Feraligatr. So, without further adieu, my next sign-up:

Game: Gold
Types: Electric, Dark, Ghost, Ice, Fire
Already chosen (social link rule for continuing challenges): Feraligatr (Water)

Username: Mr.LunchboxBear
Game: Pokemon FireRed
Arcana: High Priestess, Lovers, Death, Emperor, Fool, Tower
Types: Water, Grass, Ghost, Electric, Normal, Rock

I am unable to do any trading, pokegenning, or hacking. So I may have to request a change if I can't catch them.

I'll give you a team so you can get started! (Looking back from the thread, I don't think the thread creator needs to give out the teams, so this should be ok). How about:
Seaking, Vileplume, Haunter, Raichu, Fearow, and Onix

Last edited by a moderator:

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
Game: Gold
Types: Electric, Dark, Ghost, Ice, Fire
Already chosen (social link rule for continuing challenges): Feraligatr (Water)

OK your team is Ampharos, Umbreon, Haunter (Gengar if you can trade), Piloswine, and Arcanine

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
OK your team is Ampharos, Umbreon, Haunter (Gengar if you can trade), Piloswine, and Arcanine
Sounds good to me. Not sure if I'm going to be able to trade or not (depends on how I go about this), so I'll decide on the Haunter vs. Gengar thing later.

Zero Percent

Loading... Please wait
Years
Death (94%), The Priestess (63%), The Fool (56%), The Emperor (56%), Strength (56%), Wheel of Fortune (44%)

Ghost, Water, Normal, Electric, Fighting, Flying

Game is White 2.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
I've got Ghost, Dark, Rock, Water, Fire, and Fighting to work with, and I'm going to playing this on Pokemon Blaze Black 2.

Years
Zero Perfect, your team is:
Golurk, Floatzel, Zangoose, Galvantula, Lucario, Swoobat.

sandberry, your team is:
Froslass, Gothitelle, Gigalith, Masquerain, Emboar, Farfetch'd.

Username: Clemstar
Game: Blue
Arcana: The Fool, The Tower, Magician, The High Priestess, Justice, The Sun
Types: Normal, Rock, Fire, Water, Steel, Dragon.

This sounds pretty damn fun. Going to start right away.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
Clemstar, you'll be using:

Kangaskhan, Aerodactyl, Rapidash, Slowbro, Magneton (by default), and Dragonite (by default).

Years
I am somewhere in the middle of this challenge on blazeblack ~I should be able to finish it soon because I have more time during summer ~ But I want to get three more teams because I plan on doing this on HeartGold, FireRed Omega and Bloody Platinum~ I can hack in any pokemo from first four gens on BloodyPlatinum and HG and I can get anything from first three gens on FireRed Omega~

Name: AoTora
Game: FireRed Omega
Types: Grass, Ice, Dragon, Ghost, Normal, Water~

Game: Bloody Platinum

Game: HeartGold

For BloodyPlatinum I'd love to get any of the starters from any gen - simply because I can get it by the lake~

Last edited:
Years
I'm in need of a challenge for after I wrap up my Pokemon X final tidbits (IV breeding, item collecting)

Name: Tetiro
Game: Pokemon X
Pokemon Available: All 718 (I have every pokemon ready in my PokeBank. Just pick anyone!)
Arcanas: Death (Ghost), Sun (Dragon), Emperor (Electric), Strength (Fighting), Priestess (Water), Magician (Fire)
Notes: Would be nice to use my favourite, Dragonite :)

Once I know my team, I will breed them and start wrapping up so I can start the challenge :)

Back