• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolutions Discussion and Speculation

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Mega-Mon CAN'T hold items, they need a hold item to evolve, right? Then Mega Garchomp will be slower (like 100 instead of 102) AND no Choice Scarf.

Do you think BOSS trainers will mega-evolve in X/Y?? Like a Leaders last Pokemon, or champion?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I do think gym leaders and significant trainers will be able to assess Mega Evolutions...well more so the ones later in the game after meeting Katarina (hope I remembered her name correctly) as she's the one who teaches us about them and gives us the run down and I expect her to be the fourth gym leader.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I do think gym leaders and significant trainers will be able to assess Mega Evolutions...well more so the ones later in the game after meeting Katarina (hope I remembered her name correctly) as she's the one who teaches us about them and gives us the run down and I expect her to be the fourth gym leader.

It's Korrina actually. But I guess Mega could start at Korrina gym if gym leaders use Mega evo.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I would really like a Mega Gengar. I don't think there's much that can be done to it in design since it's pretty basic (but still wonderful). But I do feel like they could pull something nice off. I would dedicate myself to getting a mega stone for gengar.

Mega Ampharos looks pretty dumb. Like a friend of mine said, it looks like it just tried to audition for Ru Paul's Drag race.
The mega lucario looks pretty decent though. I wouldn't say that it was changed too much, which is good. I'm not looking for extreme changes in design when it comes to mega evolutions.

As a drag queen, I would like to formally state that mega Ampharos does not represent us! Haha

Years
It's Korrina actually. But I guess Mega could start at Korrina gym if gym leaders use Mega evo.

Korrina will proably have MegaLucario if she is indeed a fighting type gym leader.

I think there's going to be 60 megas, 10 for each generation (their final forms of course for example Scizor will fall under II rather than I)

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Each mega evolution had its own held item needed to unlock it. Mewtwonite, Blazikenite, etc.

WHERE are we going to get these items?

So where are the mega stones coming from? Paid DLC perhaps?

Maybe getting all the stones is something being saved for the sequel?

Years
Each mega evolution had its own held item needed to unlock it. Mewtwonite, Blazikenite, etc.

WHERE are we going to get these items?

So where are the mega stones coming from? Paid DLC perhaps?

Maybe getting all the stones is something being saved for the sequel?
Well irc they said the Mega Stones are scattered across the Kalos Region so I'm thinking we need to find them or have someone give them to us...

Some will be events such as the Blazikenite.

It is possible there may also be DLC and that some could be saved for sequels...nothing is definite yet.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 20, 2017
At first I didn't really like the idea of mega evos but I've warmed up to them a little, however, I feel that with these new mega forms it's going to get even harder to use some of the less powerful pokemon as a lot of people will probably use them in order to win. I would like to see a Mega Magcargo though as he is one of my favorite pokemon.

Years
At first I didn't really like the idea of mega evos but I've warmed up to them a little, however, I feel that with these new mega forms it's going to get even harder to use some of the less powerful pokemon as a lot of people will probably use them in order to win. I would like to see a Mega Magcargo though as he is one of my favorite pokemon.
There's a rumor about a MegaMagcargo...according to it it loses it's rock typing and it's special attack increases, and it gains Flash Fire.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I used to think that Flash Fire would be a good ability for Magcargo, but after giving it a second thought, I decided that it's not such a good idea. When your opponent's about to use a fire-type move, you just can't switch into Magcargo and expect it to activate Flash Fire. In order for it to take advantage of its Flash Fire ability, it would have to take one full turn after it's sent out on the field to fully transform itself into its Mega form. And once it does transform, people won't be using fire attacks anyway because they're fully aware of what's going to happen if they do. d: Hope that made sense.

I think they should have given Magcargo the Blaze ability. It would've been able to increase the power of its fire-type moves after only a couple of turns, which is much better than Flash Fire. Either that, or it should've kept Flame Body.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
From the trailers, it looks like you can attack and mega-evolve on the same turn. I saw the player pick an attack and click mega-evolve. it evolved, then attacked. I think.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
Wouldn't Mega Mawile be considered a Dragon slayer and a Fairy slayer? Because it's Fairy/Steel typing. I don't know about uber steel-type moves since I don't use Steel-types that often.

Years
Wouldn't Mega Mawile be considered a Dragon slayer and a Fairy slayer? Because it's Fairy/Steel typing. I don't know about uber steel-type moves since I don't use Steel-types that often.
Oh right it can...Mawile: The Mystic Slayer!

Does anyone else thing the mascots may have something to do with Mega Evolutions? Usually a new feature isn't featured in the title of a game (however not many have been as big as Mega Evolutions). Maybe they're the creators of the Mega Stones...or at least their guardians.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Oh right it can...Mawile: The Mystic Slayer!

Does anyone else thing the mascots may have something to do with Mega Evolutions? Usually a new feature isn't featured in the title of a game (however not many have been as big as Mega Evolutions). Maybe they're the creators of the Mega Stones...or at least their guardians.

Definitely. I too think they've got some relation to the Mega evolutions. Possibly the guardians of those stonehenges, where maybe the power source is coming from for the ability to mega-evolve?

Years
Definitely. I too think they've got some relation to the Mega evolutions. Possibly the guardians of those stonehenges, where maybe the power source is coming from for the ability to mega-evolve?
Well they showed a tower which is connected to Mega Evolutions...that may be the source or there could be multiple...maybe the key to awakening (by Key I mean item such as orb, stone, wing) Yvetal could be in the tower and Xerneas' key could be in the stones (and Z in the isolated island!). So there may be multiple points which radiate the power for Mega Evolutions.

Back