• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
Okay, either I'm being EXTREMELY derp, or something's wrong.

I've gone through 3 Ruby ROMs now, and when I apply the English Patch, it's either still in Portuguese or I get a white screen. I'm using Lunar IPS for patching, I have the latest VBA, I have the save type set for Flash 128K, I've tried it on NO$GBA, but this happens every time I try to load the ROM.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Are the ruby ROMs v1.0? It's important to note the ROM must be exactly that version, the patch only works with it.

Grantos354, it might be a corrupt ROM and you never knew it.

Years

I've gone through 3 Ruby ROMs now, and when I apply the English Patch, it's either still in Portuguese or I get a white screen. I'm using Lunar IPS for patching, I have the latest VBA, I have the save type set for Flash 128K, I've tried it on NO$GBA, but this happens every time I try to load the ROM.

If you look a few pages back, someone put a link to download a version of Ruby that works. I downloaded it from there and it's working perfectly fine !

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2013
Is this a remake of Platinum for the DS into a gba version? If not what are the differences? (i.e. are all 493 pokemon available?

thanks in advance

zZJoennZz

What da!?
Years

Use 0907 - pokemon - ruby version (u) (v1.0).
There is in google with 4shared link, it'll work correctly.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2016
I searched forum milion times. I caught 3 pokes for the zoo but i cant find leader, either no pokes appeared in the zoo. any suggestions ?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2013
Firstly, great hack, I am very happy to find the translated version. A big thanx to the translator too :D
Now, I have a problem that I couldn't solve using the search option. I patched the english patch in a clean english ruby (version 1) rom. Everything works fine except when I try to get a free pokemon from someone.my game freezes then :/
for example, when i try to get a hoen starter,after clicking yes,the game freezes.same happens when i try to get the free miltank.and i really wanted to change my wooper with mudkip v.v
so,a solution would be great plz :D
ps: is it a common problem of everyone's english LP game?if not,i might using the different ruby rom o.o'
Edit: I just tried patching on other different pokemon ruby roms including downloading exactly the one posted in this thread.still nothing :/
and this thing also happens when i try to take zorua in esmerald city,larvitar in bramboch city,lapras in seenport city,drifloon in that dark city :/

Last edited:
Years
Firstly, great hack, I am very happy to find the translated version. A big thanx to the translator too :D
Now, I have a problem that I couldn't solve using the search option. I patched the english patch in a clean english ruby (version 1) rom. Everything works fine except when I try to get a free pokemon from someone.my game freezes then :/
for example, when i try to get a hoen starter,after clicking yes,the game freezes.same happens when i try to get the free miltank.and i really wanted to change my wooper with mudkip v.v
so,a solution would be great plz :D
ps: is it a common problem of everyone's english LP game?if not,i might using the different ruby rom o.o'
Edit: I just tried patching on other different pokemon ruby roms including downloading exactly the one posted in this thread.still nothing :/
and this thing also happens when i try to take zorua in esmerald city,larvitar in bramboch city,lapras in seenport city,drifloon in that dark city :/

The game does not freezes... Its just that you have to press again then the game will continue. I mean you have to press A 2 times

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2013
A very nice hack.just beat the pokemon world championship :D
i was just wondering.....is there anyway to access the plain bramboach town?the guard there asks for a ticket xD

Years
can i ask when someone fix the EXP bugs ?

Instead of asking about fixation you should rally enjoy training your pokes while battling venipede..

A very nice hack.just beat the pokemon world championship :D
i was just wondering.....is there anyway to access the plain bramboach town?the guard there asks for a ticket xD

You shold read the posts on Wesley's website. there is a trainer in one of the 2 regions who gives you the ticket after battling him..

Last edited:

poopydude

PKMN Master
Years
guys ran into a small problem in dardusk city. i accidentally said no to the guy that gives you a dratini and when i talk to him again i no longer have the option to get the dratini. any way around this because i really wanted dratini?

Years
guys ran into a small problem in dardusk city. i accidentally said no to the guy that gives you a dratini and when i talk to him again i no longer have the option to get the dratini. any way around this because i really wanted dratini?

I don't think its possible now but you could play again with your save file...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Unfortunately no... this is one of minor bugs we know of but since noone actually wants or has time to fix them :/

yab

Years
  • Seen May 25, 2015
Ok, I have the same bug as above with the rainbow screen, on the trainer in the mountain, can I give someone my save and just have them beat the trainer and save for me? I have no mean patching a new rom, thanks in advance.

Mason69

Sleeping...
Years
Excellent hack, the only thing that bother me sometimes are the writing errors both in the portuguese and the translated versions (I'm brazilian too and a english translator, so i'm not just saying without knowing anything)

Back