• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Hey Im new here. So can I talk about my shiny pokemon and which one's im working on now?

When I see This Thread I see another. Are their 2 of the same? im confused..

Last edited:
Years
Hey Im new here. So can I talk about my shiny pokemon and which one's im working on now?

When I see This Thread I see another. Are their 2 of the same? im confused..
Um...
Ya, you can.
You see another?
Screenshot please.
Well, I finally got my team a bit higher leveled, for the Elite 4, AGAIN.
I want to SR for Giratina in Pearl!
And I'm gonna progress in Ruby for the great Groudon hunt.

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
sup everyone... :P
did the giratina maze and I'm already reseting for it...
hope to get it in at least 1 month of hunting...

Years
I REALLY don't want to go back to school. My parents are morons and don't let me do ANYTHING during the week.
I'm glad when they have stressful days at work. [/Karma]

Going through Diamond and Ruby, hopefully can start SRing in one of them tonight.

Years
Please do tell us which (if any) shinies you own, and you'll be welcomed to the club.

The Secret Project is eating my time. You'll all love it when it's done, but that will be a very, very long time. There is a ton of work to be done. I doubt there's ever been such an undertaking of this scale in the Pokémon community. I've established 4 milestones for its progress, and I'm about halfway towards the first.

And I'm still hunting Turtwig on the side. Dialga, and Rotom are very high-priority, since they are the shinies which were stolen, and Turtwig blocks me from SRing Dialga.

Years
How did your old Dialga and Rotom get stolen?
POOR JADIALGA!!!
I left my DS in the change room at my old work.

My original Sapphire (The save file I owe shiny Linoone, Exploud, Altaria, and others to) and Diamond games were in it at the time. I had cloned backups of all my 3rd-gen shinies, so they were safe. I could have cloned my 4th-gen ones, too, using my M3 card, but, ironically, I didn't feel comfortable doing so, fearing deletion. That card was flaky and often wouldn't read.

Since then, I am now cloning all my 4th-gen SRs onto my newer M3 card and am considering putting my EVs (including EVed Radar shinies) there, too.

Years
Aw, sorry to hear that.
And it took you so long for them too...
Dang.
Note to self: DO NOT lose games again!
Probably not going to be doing any hunting today, hopefully tomorrow though.

Years
MetalMario, why don't you just skip soft resetting for Turtwig now and soft reset for it on Platinum? It's much quicker, from what I hear.
My brother owns the game, and I just did a test run. You can actually save in front of the suitcase, but there's a wall of text afterwards until you battle your rival and can check your starter.

I'll have to put it on my M3 and compare the time against Japanese D/P to decide which takes longer. (The text actually goes by faster on the Japanese versions, because there are fewer characters.)

It's close, to say the least. I'll be getting English Platinum on launch, so maybe I'll do this simply to get to Dialga faster. The other shiny starters don't interest me.

Let's pray Dialga doesn't take 13,567 resets like last time. Gugyugubaah!!

Oh, and my Turtwig count is 512.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Happy New Year guys and congrats to new shinies.

Back on the 30th of December, I chained myself 2 shiny Shinx, as I was bored and I decided to go with a target I wouldn't have a lot of trouble with. Both shiny Shinx are female with Rivalry(I wanted a male with Intimidate) and one is Docile, the other Hasty. Thinking about raising the Hasty one later on.

I've been SRing for shiny Darkrai in Platinum, but it doesn't seem to want to appear just yet. I'm not quite sure what day I'm on, or my SR's, but I hope that it will be my first shiny of the new year. Must get Darkrai soon, SHINE!

I've also done resets for various other targets, but nothing wants to shine. I hope that this year is as good as last year, and I'll get a nice few of my shiny targets.

Years
There is no way I'm getting to Groudon anytime soon.
Maybe I can get to it sometime tomorrow, if I'm lucky.
Does anyone know, should I ever walk some steps in Ruby in order to switch it up, or will I still have the same odds?

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
You sure are lucky with those SR targets Maddea, congratulations!

I've gotten few more resets done for Latias, I'm -maybe- up near 700 now with what I've done off and on yesterday and today. But with the next two days I'll be able to SR a lot more.

I've also started to randomly SR targets in Emerald2, the first being Rayquaza.

Who knows, I might get lucky.

And I have to use my DS, because on my GBASP's screen, the shadow always makes it look like it's black as it comes across the screen so it just gets my hopes up and I might accidentally SR over it if it were real.

Reminds me all the way back to my Beldum when I was using a poorly lighted screen and then saw it shiny, then the gold numbers...

It rocked.

Even though the PokeRadar has definitely brought some pluses, I still miss the thrill of getting a shiny through the old methods....

Good luck everyone

-KIRBY'SBLAZIKEN

Years
Well, good luck with your Lati.
I have found out they can be SRed for, IF you save BEFORE watching the TV.
It will be hard, but will be done.
Hopefully really fast!

Years
Even though the PokeRadar has definitely brought some pluses, I still miss the thrill of getting a shiny through the old methods....
QFT.

Porygon was the height of awesome for me. I spontaneously hugged my nephew, then 2, as I shouted with joy. (I was babysitting him, and no one else was in the house. :classic:)

I'm back now with numbers for starter SRing:

Japanese Diamond: 75 seconds.
Japanese Platinum: 56 seconds.

English Diamond: 90 seconds.

Applying the same ratio, we can conclude that an SR for a starter on English Platinum takes 67 seconds. That's a 25% reduction in SR time. Good-bye, Diamond version shiny Torterra.

Just because I'm such the gambler, I'll keep at this until I find a strong female Adamant/Impish.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Still haven't been able to get a shiny Starly but haven't spend a great deal of playing. I have to many Christmas games to complete before I can get back to it and call of Duty online is another big factor in my lack of hunting. I will try to get a good few hours in later on. I need to get Starly for my wifi Team.

Chaining a shiny doesn't have the same feel as when you find one at random. I can still remember seeing my first shiny in Ruby a few years back, but I can't remember my first chained shiny at all. Didn't have the same feel to it.

Years
Ha, well, my first shiny was via chain. It felt really cool, since I had never truly seen the shiny patch, and had never seen my own shiny sparkle. But it felt so much better, watching as a shiny Darkrai scrolls across the screen, or just hearing an Uxie's call ring out, followed by the sparkle. It DID feel much better to get the 1/8200 (What are the exact chances?) SR shinies. I got really lucky for the Uxie to appear so quickly, even when I did 12,000 other resets. The Darkrai was pure luck, with a 200 reset find.
Anyways, flashback over, I'm playing Ruby, and gonna do some resetting for Giratina later.
Good luck shiny hunters.

Back