• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
^^ Spirited Away is an awesome movie! Quit associating it with the past, grab a beer and a bag of popcorn, and then sit back and relax! You won't be dissatisfied. That has really been the only movie I've found myself PURPOSELY re-watching more than once.

I just watched a Tale of Two Cities in my World History class. Surprise! It comes with an assignment. That I need to finishstart. Last year, because my AVID teacher sucks and doesn't know how to run her class, we watched movies pretty much everyday Friday. She was really strict about no talking and everything like that. What a pain u.u. Once... in Honors Algebra 1, we watched Flatland. A ridiculous Geometry movie, that is gonna make you laugh more than teach you Geometry.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I'm a movie talker...as in, even if I love the movie to bits, I'll still point out logic errors and make fun of it while it's going on. My bf doesn't like to watch movies with me but my whole family does it, haha.

Me too! It's a terrible habit, I'll just keep talking and making comments and making fun of it regardless of whether or not I actually liked the movie. My family gets pretty annoyed with it, especially since I tend to ask questions throughout the movie ("is he gonna die?" "what happened?"). But I can't just... not talk during a movie.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I have a bad habit of pointing out plot holes when I watch films, other than that I'm pretty good.

I brought a guitar today, my hands won't be soft and girly for much longer. D:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I remember on the last day of Year 7, we watched Spirited Away. I was bored out of my skull because it was hot and I was waiting for the clock to hit home time. People keep telling me what a wonderful movie it is (especially around PC) but still, I always associate it with that school memory and it's kinda ruined it for me :(

I'm a movie talker...as in, even if I love the movie to bits, I'll still point out logic errors and make fun of it while it's going on. My bf doesn't like to watch movies with me but my whole family does it, haha.

Both of you don't deserve happiness.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
Years
I brought a guitar today, my hands won't be soft and girly for much longer. D:

What kind of guitar did you buy? I used to play the acoustic guitar for around a year, though I sort of lost interest... not to mention that the lessons were fairly expensive. I occasionally play it sometimes though. I wonder if I could self-teach myself to play it.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
It's a Encore P29 E99 BB Blaster, not overly expensive but it has a decent sound. *pic in the spoiler*
Spoiler:

I'm planning to teach myself, maybe I'll shell out for lessons when I have the basics down though.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
Years
That looks pretty nice! My brother had an electric guitar too, but like me, he lost interest in playing it. ):

The thing is, I don't know where to start with teaching myself how to play it. Like learning different chords and whatever. My guitar teacher was a nice teacher, he was very good at playing guitar and he was generally a pleasant person but like I said, his lessons were quite expensive.

This was actually the song that wanted me to play the guitar again. I found the chords for it and I just really wanted to be able to play it. However, before I even start teaching myself I need to buy a new tuner since my old one broke.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I expect after you've got the chords down that wouldn't be overly difficult to learn.

I've always had a big interest in music so I can't say there's a song that made me decide. I'd love to be able to play Kira's theme frome Desu Noto though.

I'll be putting a lot of effort in so let's hope I can do that one day.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
The guitar and I aren't friends. I have an acoustic guitar that I bought when I was either ten or thirteen (my memory's a bit fuzzy) and I've never really gotten past a couple of chords. I found them hard, especially moving from one chord to another. So my guitar's just kinda sitting there for now. :(

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
No, please don't. That would be bad.

Movies at school can be fun sometimes, especially when I sit with one of my friends and we criticise everything, just for fun.

I had a tendency to do that in school. I remember one extreme instance when the teacher said we could bring soda into the classroom for the movie, so I brought an entire case of Mt. Dew Livewire. I somehow managed to drink half of them, and suddenly whatever boring movie we were watching (I think it was some movie about King Arthur with Sean Connery) was extremely hilarious to me the rest of the way through.

My tenth-grade biology teacher also made us regularly watch movies so that she could straight-up avoid teaching. I think I had to write a one-page essay on how The Matrix Reloaded connected to biology once...

Years
The guitar and I aren't friends. I have an acoustic guitar that I bought when I was either ten or thirteen (my memory's a bit fuzzy) and I've never really gotten past a couple of chords. I found them hard, especially moving from one chord to another. So my guitar's just kinda sitting there for now. :(
This kinda reminds me of my bad relationships with the piano. I tried hard to learn, but I could never get my hands to move right, especially since I can't move my pinky and ring fingers separately.

Years
Movies at school can be fun sometimes, especially when I sit with one of my
friends and we criticise everything, just for fun.
This sums up all of my Spanish 1 class. I remember one time we had a sub and we were supposed to finish watching some dumb movie where two kids run across Cuba. The ending scene is them hugging each other while a wave crashes over them, and then they're gone. Absolutely NO ONE understood what the hell happened, and here's how the sub explained it:

Spoiler:

This is what made us question her teaching credentials.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I haven't seen that movie in years. Last Disney movie I got around to watching was Mulan, which was my favorite Disney character. :D

I used to watch a few Disney movies in Spanish, like The Lion King and Snow White. They're nothing like the English versions at all.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Apart from the obvious differences in voice acting, what else is substantially different? Are they re-edited for Latin audiences or something?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
I don't think that there would be much of a change, just different voice actors, different words, and different things censored out by the local government. Or maybe they have a piece in the movie that would be considered offensive towards a Latin country, but an English country wouldn't pay it any mind. As for the actual differences, I don't know.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
The last Disney movie I watched was Tarzan, courtesy of a certain someone around these parts reminding of it. Such a great movie, and I bet it would've been even greater if I had seen it as a child.

blue

gucci
Years
The last Disney movie I watched was Tangled and that was on a plane journey home from Florida, it really is a good movie I really recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back