• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This internet browser is better than the other!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 12, 2021
Chrome, Chrome and more Chrome. Nothing better.

I used to use Firefox but slowly got turned off of it, I've still got it on my computer and the more recent versions are 10 times better than what it was a few years ago (although even that was better than IE).

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Chrome, all I need is a few addons i.e. Adblocker+, APNG and Auto HD For YouTube then I am all set along with my "My Neighbor Totoro" Theme

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Chrome because I am too used to its scrolling, Firefox has this awkward scrolling that makes me want to alt + f4 it. The latest IE just looks weird to me, although it doesn't have that super awkward scrolling effect like Firefox.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I've always used Chrome for no adequately explained reason.
363.png
It's fast, does everything I want it to, has adblock, has Lazarus, and doesn't often crash - plus it's customisable! I'm sure other browsers can do all of this and probably more, and I certainly don't use Chrome to the extent that it's likely designed to be used, but it's always been safe and reliable for me so I'm happy with it. I'd change given a good recommendation, but most people seem to use Chrome too so I see no reason to try yet haha.

Years
I've always used Chrome for no adequately explained reason.
363.png
It's fast, does everything I want it to, has adblock, has Lazarus, and doesn't often crash - plus it's customisable! I'm sure other browsers can do all of this and probably more, and I certainly don't use Chrome to the extent that it's likely designed to be used, but it's always been safe and reliable for me so I'm happy with it. I'd change given a good recommendation, but most people seem to use Chrome too so I see no reason to try yet haha.

Same reasons as him, I have been using Chrome for years now and it's easy to use. I can do everything I want on it and it has customization options too. I customized mine in a Hatsune Miku background for now, until I find something better.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
I'm lucky to have a dad working in media and communication because he thought me the existence of Google Chrome. he started using it right when it came out, and then installed it on my computer.

Sir Servine

Who wants poffins? :3
Years
Servine Vine Vine, Ser Servine Ser Ser Servine Vine Ser Servine Servine Ser Vine, Servine Vine Vine Ser Ser. (At first I used Internet Explorer, then the annoying pop-up on Google's homepage to download Google Chrome finally made me snap, and I downloaded it not knowing what it even was.)

Servine Servine Ser Ser. (Best decision in my whole life.)

Years
Google Chrome, because back then I used to have such a small, laggy laptop. Google Chrome was fast and clutter the screen. Using firefox was a bit laggy with my laptop... and don't get me started on IE, attempting it is hard enough. (No offense to IE users, this was an old IE version haha)

Now I have a bigger one, but I'm still sticking with Chrome. Its just so simple and does the job.

Years
Righ now I preffer Firefox but no so long time ago I was running Chrome and Maxthon a lot. Decided to switch to Firefox cause it is far less laggy for me. But in the end it doesn't really bother me which browser I use (not counting IE).

Years
For all the things I like to do FireFox is my prefered browser It dose everything I need and I can customize the way it looks n such.

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
I've been using Google Chrome the best since I joined PC.
It's fast and useful for my ancient computer.

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
Years
I use Firefox, I prefer it over Chrome as it's more customizable, with so many extensions and what not. The odd time I use Chrome, it's a custom-built version of Chromium, as Google's vanilla browser has privacy issues.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
firefox for linux. I like my classic look.
it is fast too, and has all the amenities i need.
0FKzHWFpBhmpyTQUax6uGZ

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I use Firefox. Sometimes I use Google Chrome as it is faster in loading videos. I've been using Firefox for 2 years now and I can say that I like it quite a lot. I do find it better then IE too. Overall Google Chrome is good, but i'd stick to FF.

OmegaTL

Time Lord
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Chromity Chrome, but it hasn't been as smooth as usual for me lately. I'm considering going back to Firefox...

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Seems like there's a lot of Google Chrome users here. Personally I'm not a fan of it, but to each their own, I guess.

I actually like using IE10, if only because it's what you can use on a Surface RT... but it's also because it's what tablet web browsers should be. IE, buttery smooth? Yeah, right, it's happening.

Speaking of IE and Chrome, to all those who switched from IE to Chrome - have you ever thought of giving IE10/IE11 a try on a Windows 7/8/RT/8.1/RT 8.1 machine? While it might not win any benchmarks, I've noticed that it copes well in low memory situations and should handle touch and scrolling better, especially after things have loaded completely.

C4

Explosive
Years
It depends on what I'm using. I use Chrome for most things, browsing the web, reading the news, etc. and I use firefox for cheating on browser-based flash games! :D

EDIT:
After reading this thread I decided to give IE10 a try. I like the way it looks and feels, but Chrome is faster for me so I will stick to Chrome.
Also, more things are compatible with Chrome than are compatible with IE10, so that's another bonus.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
It depends on what I'm using. I use Chrome for most things, browsing the web, reading the news, etc. and I use firefox for cheating on browser-based flash games! :D

EDIT:
After reading this thread I decided to give IE10 a try. I like the way it looks and feels, but Chrome is faster for me so I will stick to Chrome.
Also, more things are compatible with Chrome than are compatible with IE10, so that's another bonus.

Things like...?

I'd also like to know what kind of hardware people using Chrome uses, to see whether how fast some browser has in relation to CPU-GPU power balance. I know that when you don't have a lot of CPU power to throw around, I'd rather stick with IE9+.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Almost every app, website and game is optimized for Chrome.

Kins of unfortunate that statement is not as simple as you think. It's more of a "does something support what we need" thing. If a site is truly forward, it shouldn't just be optimised for Google Chrome - usually said "optimisation" if done properly should also mean everyone else that's mew enough also gets a nice, optimised experience, as far as the user is concerned.

I actually like using IE10 for sites that I use a lot, as it pretty much have never let me down. Try going outside of the Chrome App Store - you'd be surprised how you don't need that.

Back