• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen BW Timeline vs other games

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2011
Hey guys
sorry, but this has been bother me but do you guys know what time the black/white happened after red/green/yellow?
Also I want known the time for ruby/sap and dimond/pearl
All I know is that they are in different region and gold/silver happened three years after red/green yellow

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
B/W is unknown so far.

I'm pretty sure RSE was at the same time as RBY and DPP was the same as GSC

Years
I'm pretty sure RSE was at the same time as RBY and DPP was the same as GSC

D/P/Pt couldn't be at the same time as G/S/C because Jasmine is in Sunyshore in D/P/Pt but in Olivine in G/S/C.

As for the original poster, I've got no idea as for what the time frame is, there isn't enough information out there to judge. Maybe Black and White are further ahead in time because of the inclusion of larger cities and vehicles and all that (but then again it could just be a more industrial region, I don't know). Sorry I couldn't help.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
D/P/Pt couldn't be at the same time as G/S/C because Jasmine is in Sunyshore in D/P/Pt but in Olivine in G/S/C..

D/P/Pt is actually at the same time as G/S/C...the red gyarados documentry..remember ?..Also jasmine just "visited" sunyshore and not "living" in sunyshore....
B/W has to be a few years later than G/S/C/D/P/Pt...It has some futuristic touch to it

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
D/P/Pt couldn't be at the same time as G/S/C because Jasmine is in Sunyshore in D/P/Pt but in Olivine in G/S/C.

Well it was probably very shortly after, because of the Red Gyarados. Even with, it would still probably be considered at the same basic time, as it would be in the same year.

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2010
I heard B/W is set in the future, but not the far future.
Issue is meant to be more technologically advanced, more densly populated and contains bigger cities

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
Years
I bet b/w is set 5 years after g/s/c so 8 years after r/b/y

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Roughly the same time, I'd assume. The Transfer Machine seems to be intended to transport Pokemon across distance, not time.

Assuming that, we have:

Red's Journey/Brendan's Journey -3yrs- Gold's Journey/Lucas's Journey -1-6 months- Black and White.

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2011
I get D/P/PT could be same time as G/S/C but any prove that R/S/E was same time as R/B/Y? don't remember that from games

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
I get D/P/PT could be same time as G/S/C but any prove that R/S/E was same time as R/B/Y? don't remember that from games

Eh, tbh it just seemed logical to me. RSE and FrLg were GBA titles, while HgSs and DPPt were DS titles. I seem to recall other connections, but it's vague.

.Awesome

Awesome.
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Jul 11, 2010
I think it'll be at the times of FR/LG and R/S/E because it's likely that Hoenn will be a remake, and every Generation's games are in the same time. (R/S/E happening same time FR/LG, D/P/Pt same time as HG/SS).

SilverStilletto

~Bubble~Bubble~
Years
im guessing Isshu is just a bit more technologically advanced. i think itll probably take place around 1-3 yeahs after the Sinnoh and Johtoh adventures.

as for the thing about Jasmine being in two places at once, so to speak... she first appears in Johtoh earlier than she first appears in Sinnoh. furthermore, Sunyshore is coastal, and Olivine is a port city. maybe she makes frequent trips between the two.

as for the Hoenn adventure, it says on Bulbapedia that its at the same time as the Kanto adventure, but im afraid thats all i know.

personally, id like to believe none of the adventures take place simultaneously, but go sequentially, like they do in the Pokemon Special manga.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
im guessing Isshu is just a bit more technologically advanced. i think itll probably take place around 1-3 yeahs after the Sinnoh and Johtoh adventures.

as for the thing about Jasmine being in two places at once, so to speak... she first appears in Johtoh earlier than she first appears in Sinnoh. furthermore, Sunyshore is coastal, and Olivine is a port city. maybe she makes frequent trips between the two.

as for the Hoenn adventure, it says on Bulbapedia that its at the same time as the Kanto adventure, but im afraid thats all i know.

personally, id like to believe none of the adventures take place simultaneously, but go sequentially, like they do in the Pokemon Special manga.

Well, I don't see why not. I sort of imagined overlap, rather than synchronization. It would make more sense.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Hoenn took place at the same time as Fr/Lg, coz that's which gens the games were released.

Same with Hg/Ss and Sinnoh.

So, when Hoenn remakes come out in Gen V, we know it happens at the same time as R/S/E/R/B/Y/Fr/Lg.

Or you could read the manga. makes more sense

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
I don't think black and white are too far into the future. Honestly I don't like the whole idea of a game from one generation taking place at the same time as a game from another gen. Though it may not be said, time should progress with actual time. We have 4 years between gens, well when black and white come out they should be 4 years after DPPt, or at least a year or two after.

Years
RSE is assumed to take place the same time or before FRLG. The braille text from the Dotted Hole supports this.

FRLG's Dotted Hole said:
Let the two glittering stones, one in red, one in blue, connect the past. Two friends sharing power open a window to a new world that glows. The next world waits for you.

HGSS takes place three years afterwards FRLG, with DPPt taking place a short time after HGSS (I'm talking about days to months, they could have even overlapped a little).

Isshu is currently unknown, but it looks like it will take place later than DPPt.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 14, 2011
About Red Gyarados: It could easily have just been a documentary on weird Pokemon phenomenon we watch in the beginning of DPPt. So yeah, the Sinnoh saga is quite a bit after the Johto saga.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Maybe something different

Ok you know how now hg/ss and d/p take place during the same time. And it takes place 3 years after r/b. And r/s are supposed to take place during r/b. so my question is, if they remake r/s will it take place during the events of b/w? Im only asking this because many speculate that b/w will take place after hg/ss and d/p

Weird

Lazy Guy
Years
I think it'll take place during saphire and ruby if they make a remake. Ishus high developement could just be an effect of it's remote position. If they don't make a remake I'm pretty shure it'll take place after hg/ss and D/P/P.

Back