• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatenko

Hiya!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 16, 2010
Is there any way to complete the Hoenn dex in Emerald without having to obtain all the starters?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
Is there any way to complete the Hoenn dex in Emerald without having to obtain all the starters?

If you mean all the Hoenn starters,

Completing the Hoenn dex, means getting all the Pokemon in Sinnoh, so no you can't complete the Hoenn dex without getting all the starters.

Same with the National Dex, but you need ALL the starters for the National Dex in Emerald.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
What are you on about Sinnoh??

Yes, you need all 3 starters to complete the pokedex.

but NO, you don't need them to unlock national dex on Emerald, you just need to have caught 60+ (not hard, really, most safari zone pokemon evolve from 1 level up)

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
Butterfree in LeafGreen. Currenlty at Level. 33. I'm outside Fuschia City.

To keep or not to keep? That is the question.

JeTz

ジェット
Years
^
Keep it. I could say its a very useful Pokemon.It had a compoundeye which add accuracy and which means, you will get a better accuracy on sleep powder which is pretty useful in catching Pokemon/fighting Gym Leaders.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
FireRed: I heard people are getting shiny starters. How many times do I have to reset before it will give me a shiny starter?

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
FireRed: I heard people are getting shiny starters. How many times do I have to reset before it will give me a shiny starter?

The chance of getting a shiny is 1/8192. There's no way to tell how long it will take you to get one. You might get it right away, or it might take you days or even weeks.

JeTz

ジェット
Years
My friend found her Emerald verison after a long time of not playing, and found in her PC a level 17 Suicune with the OT CHENG. Is there any possible way it's legit?

You can only get a Suicene when you play Firered or Leafgreen by choosing Charmander as your starter and it will appear in the wild after you beat the elite 4 with lv.50

So as the lv.17 Suicene. It might not be Legit

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
In Emerald, at what level is zubat supposed to learn confuse ray? I looked it up in bulbapedia, and it said zubat learns confuse ray at 21, but mine just hit 21 and did not try to learn it.

Also, bulbapedia says zubat learns wing attack at level 17, but mine just learned it at 21...Am I delayed by 4 levels or something?

I went to the move tutor to see if he could teach the ability, but he could not....Do I just have to find one that already has confuse ray?

JeTz

ジェット
Years
These are the moves that Zubat will learn in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald through leveling.

- - Leech Life

6 - Supersonic

11 - Astonish

16 - Bite

21 - Wing Attack

26 - Confuse Ray

31 - Air Cutter

36 - Mean Look

41 - Poison Fang

46 - Haze

The information you search on Bulbapedia was also correct but in Bulba, they offer the Gen IV's moveset which is Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
Does anyone know of any good sites where I can buy Pkmn Emerald? I've tried play-asia and games-stock but play-asia is expensive and idk if I can trust games-stock. Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2010
this is my first sprite it is for pokemon ruby what do you think i would also like some pointers =)

myfirst-1.png

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Um. Go ask in the pixel art section. That's not really a question about a spin-off game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back