• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I usually carry myself with no expectations.

I do have wants though! If we're supposed to get something substantial, then I hope it's the reveal of the region and the protagonist artwork along with some new Pokémon. I probably sound like a broken record for having said this so much, but come on now, it only makes sense to release these particular details early on.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
They could potentially be obnoxious and delay revealing the protagonist artwork since the trailers revealed their character models. They might be thinking "That's good enough to hold them over on that for awhile!"

Here's hoping they don't >.>

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If anything, I'd expect midway through summer for a lot of the large news drops to be released, but like everyone else I want them earlier. The lack of information is just as bad as being told everything right away =P

Years
The games are still so far away that they're probably only revealing the things they're sure won't change before the release. I think character art would be the most obvious thing to show next.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Character customization would be cool, but Pokemon would never work for it. If the humans were battling, and they were different armors sure, but as a monster RPG and not a Human RPG it just won't happen. Its up there with PokeMMO on the never happening list I'm afraid.

Years
Can't wait for the next big leak! The Sylveon leak gave me so much adrenaline just thinking about it lol. I do hope they at least mention character customization and revel the evolution types of the starters. I want to use Fennekin, but I hope it doesn't evolve to Fire/Fight. Also along with Pokemon, I hope we hear more news about combating Pokesav users and the ability for your Pokemon to "bond" with you. Meaning, the more you travel with Pokemon, the stronger it becomes, meaning it isn't just an EV'd mess of a Pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Character customization would be cool, but Pokemon would never work for it. If the humans were battling, and they were different armors sure, but as a monster RPG and not a Human RPG it just won't happen. Its up there with PokeMMO on the never happening list I'm afraid.
Speaking of Armor what if we got new items that we can see our pokemon wearing, small things like you can actually see the Power Bracelet on it. Perhaps we can even get some armor similar to that Giovanni used on Mewtwo...only it doesn't control it but gives it extra defense.

Years
I was actually thinking about this not too long ago! What would it be like seeing our own Pokemon wearing accessories as well? It's not too especially likely, but it would be cool. :( I'd like to see our Pokemon wearing Focus Sash, and I'd like to see what leftovers would be like...
0_o...that would be interesting to see, as it proably would seem like it's never ending...actually not that I think about it they should limit the number of turns leftovers work during a single battle, or make it vanish after awhile like a berry, as it seems strange to have an infinite heal item that's based on food work like that...

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yep...there are also items like Shell Bell, which heals the user continuously depending on how much damage they deal to the opponent. And what would Choice Band and Choice specs looks like? I imagine it would look pretty silly on some Pokemon, too. xD;

Aw, come on, imagine this: a Jirachi wearing blackglasses!

"EVERYONE LOOK OUT, WE GOT A BAD ASS HERE."

That'd be awesome if they put feature that in these games!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Having the held item show up on the Pokémon would be cool, but for some items it'd just look pretty awkward. Plus it would reveal held items in battles to your opponents, so I wouldn't really want that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That and the ability Frisk would be completely useless if they did.

Slight change....Pokemon.com has been under Maintenance for close to 3 hours since I've been checking. Seems like a fairly large update is happening for the site unless they normally take this long. Never seen the site enter maintenance except when they were having issues with the Dream World when B/W came out. Could be something related to X and Y or could be nothing. Though it seems to be quite the coincidence that they have a large update a few days before CoroCoro when this issue is rumored to have a larger content.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If it's because they're releasing something big I'd be extremely happy. That or maybe they're adding more areas to the website for where the X/Y info will be?

Years
It would...personally I'll like it if frisk would work like pickpocket, only without the requirement to be hit by it. Either way it's a hope that's not very likely to happen :(

I do think there's something to this long maintenance...I expect some news to come out later tonight, or early tomorrow.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Well that's mildly disappointing =P If the 14th is when the info will pop up, do you guys think we'll have the leaks either tonight or tomorrow?

Years
Well that's mildly disappointing =P If the 14th is when the info will pop up, do you guys think we'll have the leaks either tonight or tomorrow?
I certainly do. Around this time last month we got news, so likely we'll get some around this time too.
I hope it shows Sylveon's type, I've grown more curious about it after seeing all the eevelutions together...I'm thinking it's Dragon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It should be nothing special, XY info pops up on the 14th, and did not require maintenance. Not to mention the XY site still works.
http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us

The 14th was just for Sylveon and there was a site update that day. The X and Y site and main site are still up but if you try to log in the screen changes to a maintenance one. January we got the X and Y site on the 8th and after that when the starter types were revealed and Yveltall and Xerneas' art were revealed the site was updated at that time.

Usually the updates are small so they add them in and then reset the site for viewing. When it goes down that means they are doing larger changes or adding in stuff to be released at a later date. So we don't have a set date for info to be released. It just usually happens before CoroCoro in Japan if CoroCoro is releasing anything big itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back