• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriting Tutorials - Pokemon and Trainer

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2014
Mhm, don't worry, I'm not rushing you, just wanna know- about how long until the next tut comes? =3

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
You should ork on modifying stuff more. The three on the right are good, but Sceptile's tail is kind of obvious, and that same sprite could use a little more neck. The grass Pokemon's base form is.. Well, I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at. The head looks almost identical to Vulpix and... Is that a tail, or roots? I really don't know what the lighter-colored back portion is supposed to be.

On all of them, the outline is kind of choppy, but that's easy to fix. Overall, the designs are good, but could use some more fine detail. The biggest grass one's back is like a big brown canvas, so figure out what to draw on it.

KK Moloney

Epilyptic Donkey Rhino
Years
THE TUTORIALS ARE AMAZING!!!!!
You are very very helpful Chesu.
These are the best tutorials Ive ever seen. I mean it.
I gave scratch spriting a try again after my numerous fails.....................
please CRITIQUE
Grostedge.png -GROSTEDGE

DarkShadow21

Master of dark fire!!
Years
You should ork on modifying stuff more. The three on the right are good, but Sceptile's tail is kind of obvious, and that same sprite could use a little more neck. The grass Pokemon's base form is.. Well, I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at. The head looks almost identical to Vulpix and... Is that a tail, or roots? I really don't know what the lighter-colored back portion is supposed to be.

On all of them, the outline is kind of choppy, but that's easy to fix. Overall, the designs are good, but could use some more fine detail. The biggest grass one's back is like a big brown canvas, so figure out what to draw on it.

thanks for the advise chesu. the reason why it has a short neck is because it's based on an ancient giant wolf and the back of the first pokemon is actually kinda like the flat piece on a pine seed. all three are somewhat based on the stages of a pine tree. and i'll work on the outline, the head of the first pokemon and the 3rd pokemon a repost those ones once i'm finished

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
Years
I made two amalgations (or whatever its called). They use the breeder sprites, and Gold's (character) pallet. The male's body is a runner from Diamond and Pearl, the Girl's body is a Lass from DP, and her hair is the farmer girl's hair.
Any advice is welcomed!!
And gimme colouring ideas!!!
HeroHeroine.gif

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2013
Really nice tutorial. It has helped me to make my own Pokemon Sprite.
Thank you very much and sry for bad english I'am german

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2016
Hey I'm new I to the pokecommunity. I just wanted to start doing some sprites from scratch. I wanted to make my own version of one of the famous Pokegods Charcolt. I free handed this one 3 times. Would you give me some tips on my first sprite? oh and those tutorials helped me get this done, thanks Chesu for the posts.

Attachments

• Charcolt_Cleanup.png
    Charcolt_Cleanup.png
    3 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen Jul 26, 2011
awesome job,Chesu!:) I knew nothing about spriting, but I was thinking of trying by myself.I changed my mind when I saw this. it has helped me a ton,and I only read the first few paragraphs.:badsmile:I hope to begin spriting after reading the entire post.I am going to put my first,and other sprites on here.:cheeky:

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
This tutorial is really helpful. Even though I'm terrible at drawing I tried my hand at a Trainer sprite.

In my mind, it's not the worst thing in the world for a first, it's bad, but not the worst.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
the third and fourth Scratch pokemon i made for fun,not for inserting to a ROM or whatever.The first and second looked like something really odd and the shading was horrible so i dont wanna post it.

sq35.jpg

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
You know, i think you should make a pokemon ranger overworld human tut.

That would be real helpful.

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
Years
i was wondering if you could add some things to the overworld tutorial.
- running
- fishing
- biking
- surfing

basically everything the main character does.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2016
Thanks, I needed help with that :P

This is great! The only problem is I can't shade...

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I'm glad the tutorial is still helping a lot of people out. Just a note to slayring, please don't double post in the future, edit your previous post next time. (:

Back