• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

@Fraot... I feel like it's just a look out point... like in the new BW2... I don't think the whole game is like that. And who cares if he finishes or not? It's not his job, he's just doing it for fun lol.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
No offence but it would look better if you didn't have that grid on it. Otherwise pretty promising.

Ever thought some people don't know the F4 button shows all layers! I think personally it does look bad, but show some respect... He said he was new... I would like to comment on your screenshots though!

A few screenshots from my game.

smalltownsivlle_by_rayquaza_dot-d4wbygt.png
- Smalltownsville (Starting town)
The... Lab is that meant to be... The colours are horrible in comparison to the buildings, it looks somewhat an old building as to the more modern ones.

smalltownsiville_harbour_by_rayquaza_dot-d4wbyk5.png
- Smalltownsville Harbour
The boat is small, maybe half the canvas size or double the boat itself, the map however, pretty boring, but nevertheless, you can't hope for much in a habour... I don't recommend using rocks to block the players path to water, I would say a rail/fence would look better.

route_1_by_rayquaza_dot-d4wbypa.png
- Route 1
The trees in my opinion should spread into the map! Looks too square for me... Most routes I notice aren't man made!

mortar_town_by_rayquaza_dot-d4wbyro.png
- Mortar Town
This is the oddest town I have ever seen, why does the gym look blurry? Seems you have copied this from a very low res tileset but haven't gone over the tile colours... The cave has steps at the back which don't reach the ground and looks as if a builder has left them on top of the cave accidentally, personally, redesign the cliff tiles, I would and I have, so when using steps at the back, it looks less... Stupid... the mountain or wall or whatever that is at the top looks out of place... If it's suppose to stand tall above the city I suggest making the town 4 tiles higher and adding more trees to show its higher than the trees and so on, the more tiers a mountain or building has, the more tiles up the map should go, in my opinion. (if a mountain has 5 tiers, make the trees go for another 4 rows.) This however is not really a problem, I just think it looks odd... The water has a dodgy shading, like, it's missing a bit, the 2 corners on the bank, I can't really see it properly but it looks wrong.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
I'm currently updating my game's graphic style.

What do you think?

Before:
2j4bxxi.jpg

After:
2mxlnhy.jpg

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
myfirstmapback.png

My first map back after awhile. Opinions?
Please do not Whine and complain about me using Kyledove's tiles... I know their dated.

NOTE: The lake does not have them tile error in game so I don't mind them in the editor.

Years
NOTE: The lake does not have them tile error in game so I don't mind them in the editor.

There's also a tile error up by the sign at the top of the map. The base of the tree looks like it has part of another tree on it.
The lighter grass also looks a bit strange, not the shape of it, but the inside tiles. The patch under the two house in particular looks very unnatural, try using a few different tiles, rather than repeating the same one.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
There's also a tile error up by the sign at the top of the map. The base of the tree looks like it has part of another tree on it.
The lighter grass also looks a bit strange, not the shape of it, but the inside tiles. The patch under the two house in particular looks very unnatural, try using a few different tiles, rather than repeating the same one.

Another error is by the water, the tree has no peak... I like the grass though.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
I came with 3 simple Ideas for the user interface. Also Zeus suggested to make the menus hide-able, like a like arrow that we can click to hide/show.

Tell me if any of those ideas are good, I'm showing some blank buttons because I don't have decent icons for them yet :p

GjnMd.png

zHOkd.png

8Frem.png

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Screen6.png

A screenshot for Corruption.
It's of the GBC styled battle system.
Some sprites animate ... some do not. :I

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2022
I came with 3 simple Ideas for the user interface. Also Zeus suggested to make the menus hide-able, like a like arrow that we can click to hide/show.

Tell me if any of those ideas are good, I'm showing some blank buttons because I don't have decent icons for them yet :p

*snip*

I quite think you should go with the third. It seems to flow together well.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Not sure if that's how it's supposed to be, but it seems like you've got a tile error on the top of the house. Other than that I think it's looking pretty neat so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back