• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
They wouldn't remake Emerald and I have no idea why people keep thinking that.
R/S remakes with Emerald's additions, maybe.
But not Emerald.

Why would they not? just because the previous 2 remakes were in pairs doesn't mean that the next one must be in a pair too.

In the past they would come out with a third "enhanced" title such as Emerald, Platinum and Crystal.
Now they released a pair of games after BW, which were BW2.
IMO it is entirely possible that the next games be single and not paired versions.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
They have been surpriseing us with a lot of stuff lately. Anything is possible. Also the anime 5th gen is suppose to last for 3 years,this is the 2nd year. Team Plasma has still not been seen in the anime and the next movie is about Genesect which Team Plasma made. What happens after the league will probably stay in Unova. I say we still have about a year before we see the 6th gen. There for leaving a year open for a RSE remake. And why are we argueing about E being remade over RS. Regardless they will have all the E features in the ramakes if we get them. The remakes are all the games in that Gen. Not just 1 or 2 of them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Why would they not? just because the previous 2 remakes were in pairs doesn't mean that the next one must be in a pair too.

In the past they would come out with a third "enhanced" title such as Emerald, Platinum and Crystal.
IMO it is entirely possible that the next games be single and not paired versions.

The third versions still went along with the first two. If you got any one version, you had to trade with another game to get all the Pokemon.

Of all the things we are uncertain about, whether the games will be paired or not is not one of them. Time and again Masuda has stated in interviews that having multiple versions--forcing players to interact with each other--is at the very core of Pokemon. So unless Game Freak wants to remove that, what makes Pokemon "Pokemon," we will see multiple versions continue into the future.

Removing multiple version removes trading. What is Pokemon without trading? So I have to agree with Pingouin7; just a remake of Emerald? Maybe if they had two all-new Hoenn games to go along with it with the same regional PokeDex, but that's just stretching it!

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
The third versions still went along with the first two. If you got any one version, you had to trade with another game to get all the Pokemon.

Of all the things we are uncertain about, whether the games will be paired or not is not one of them. Time and again Masuda has stated in interviews that having multiple versions--forcing players to interact with each other--is at the very core of Pokemon. So unless Game Freak wants to remove that, what makes Pokemon "Pokemon," we will see multiple versions continue into the future.

Removing multiple version removes trading. What is Pokemon without trading? So I have to agree with Pingouin7; just a remake of Emerald? Maybe if they had two all-new Hoenn games to go along with it with the same regional PokeDex, but that's just stretching it!
I hope you don't get the wrong idea. I think it is possible for an emerald remake, but I also think it is possible for the paired ones to be remade.
Going by logic, the paired ones seem more likely than emerald alone, but I won't dismiss the possibility that GF will only remake one - Emerald.

I would be surprised if GF actually remade RS on the DS and then Emerald on 3DS.
Sounds very unlikely, but we will never know.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That would be unlikely.

As for trading...to complete the national dex we will need to trade with BWB2W2, and very likely to complete the regional one as well.

I hope when the remakes come they keep the Johto Starter give away from Emerald from seeing all the Hoenn Pokémon. Also I wonder what event they'll do to add the other starters...perhaps Prof. Oak will finally appear in a Hoenn game...maybe Rowan and Elm can appear too (and Juniper (♀) just for research).

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
That would be unlikely.

As for trading...to complete the national dex we will need to trade with BWB2W2, and very likely to complete the regional one as well.

I hope when the remakes come they keep the Johto Starter give away from Emerald from seeing all the Hoenn Pokémon. Also I wonder what event they'll do to add the other starters...perhaps Prof. Oak will finally appear in a Hoenn game...maybe Rowan and Elm can appear too (and Juniper (♀) just for research).

It would be Cedric Juniper if its remakes.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I don't think that will happen from an emerald perspective.

I know Hoenn is the "region of water" but I don't really think Wallace fits the champion role.
He was perfect as the 8th gym leader IMO. Juan was still okay.

It always bothers me when there are 2 trainers of the same type in gyms&E4... well the only other case was Dragon in Johto, but its just so unnecessary when there are 17 types..

Speaking of that 8th gym, what a ***** it was. Freaking ice tiles.
I wonder what will change in the future remakes, even if it won't happen anytime soon.

Maybe they were gonna make it an Ice gym and designed the puzzle ahead of the trainers and rosters. But the issue they would run into is quite obvious: Snorunt, Spheal, the end.

They did make one of the E4 Ice however, but thats why she feels the most repetitive out of them all. For a gym theyd need more than 2 lines, especially as the 8th, which always have a good amount of regular trainers.

They wouldn't remake Emerald and I have no idea why people keep thinking that.
R/S remakes with Emerald's additions, maybe.
But not Emerald.

And I have no idea why people keep thinking that they can force the Emerald plot into RS just like Crystal did.

Because they will always prefer to release 2 instead of 1, not the other way around.
If anything, I think it'd be more likely that they release all 3, than just Emerald, especially if they actually deepen and expand the region/plot instead of just remaking them.

But think about this if you don't see it: what version exclusives would a single 3rd gen remake have? Yeah no. This is the safest option to dismiss of them all.

Years
Well the remake(s) will proably have the Kanto, and Johto legends plus the sinnoh dragon trio/creation trio, and of course the Hoenn legends. My guess is they'll remake the events for Emerald for some of them (getting Lugia/Ho-oh on Naval rock,ect.) Perhaps they can add a Jiranchi event (which would make the remakes opposites to BWB2W2 when it comes to in game events...), perhaps using the rocketship like how they did the easter egg with the truck Only mew wasn't found there...) but by ticket only.

blue

gucci
Years
Another Wi-Fi event has been announced related to Kyogre, Groudon & Rayquaza but this time it's a Christmas Cup.
christmascup.jpg

Not saying this is more hints but with these Hoenn related events.. it makes you wonder.

Years
I think it's only 10th anniversary related.

They won't give us so many hints, if the next games are Remakes, because they prefer to suprise their fans.

But let's see, what the future will give us now.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I would like to point out something I keep running across. Right before Plat. came out,there was a special Regigigas Event. If you had that Regigigas,you could find the 3 Regis in the game.

In other words,it really isn't accurate to say the Regis are in BW2 so they will not remake RSE. Like I said,anything will happen.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I would like to point out something I keep running across. Right before Plat. came out,there was a special Regigigas Event. If you had that Regigigas,you could find the 3 Regis in the game.

In other words,it really isn't accurate to say the Regis are in BW2 so they will not remake RSE. Like I said,anything will happen.

I agree, I don't think that the availability of legendaries is any indication of remakes not happening. Ho-oh was available in Colosseum, Lugia in XD, and both through Emerald and FRLG events--we still got HGSS.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
I agree, I don't think that the availability of legendaries is any indication of remakes not happening. Ho-oh was available in Colosseum, Lugia in XD, and both through Emerald and FRLG events--we still got HGSS.

Same for entei, raikou and suicune in FRLG/COL

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
In terms of trading Pokemon, just like with Gen IV, in Gen V it seems to be almost impossible to get a majority of Hoenn native Pokemon, so a remake of R/S or Emerald would be necessary.

At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if they were on the DS instead of the 3DS. In fact I hope they are, despite the fact that I have a 3DS.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Gamefreak has been giving us clues about future remakes since RS itself. I suddenly thought about Slateport City Museum and remembered that it was a remake of the SS Anne theme in RBY. Sure enough the next games were actually FRLG. I don't think this is a coincidence at all. They can easily create another theme and use another boat or something.

Years
Also RS used stones of the same colors as the international RB, which interestingly B2W2 also use said colors in their logos with crystals no doubt...I remember some though pt was going to be pt to make it the reverse of the Gen II games theme and when it came true they used that as a hint for Johto remakes...

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
It seems odd for them to put Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza on the cover of that tournament when it has nothing to do with Hoenn at all, and nothing to do with the 10th anniversary. I guess it could just be because Red (Groudon) and Green (Rayquaza) are Christmas colors and it is for the Christmas cup, so they could have decorated it with the Hoenn mascots since 2/3 of them are Christmas colors.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Its more because the tournament announcement coincides around the announcement of the the Anniversary. Its common marketing strategy used by hundreds of companies. The Christmas Coke Commercials start in November. Some stores use popular characters from old cartoons that only surface a few times a year, but those never have anything to do with the cartoons.

We are about to celebrate the 10th anniversary of R/S and so far both of the things that came up recently have been made to help celebrate it. The actual sign ups aren't that far from the anniversary and it makes people look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back