• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superblah411

Osnap
Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2016
Odd. Do other maps from that same bank (Bank 2) work?

Well, the forest and digglet's cave are in Bank 1(second technically due to bank 0 being the first), but I did notice there is another Digglet's cave map in bank 2 map 0, that is identical to the route 11 entrance map in bank 1. I've tested SS Anne maps, and rock tunnel, who share the bank with forest and cave, and both worked properly. I'd be willing to zip a folder up of the files I'm working with if somebody would be willing to take a look. I've only just begun getting into rom hacking, as am making a casual game for my friends and I to play.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
Question: Somehow I messed with the songs in my rom hack. Some instruments sound... 8-bit'ish, that maybe works for describing. Not all songs are "corrupted" (and the ones which are have 1 (rarely, 2) instruments sounding weird), which makes me think it was a small override.
I've tried to hex-replace the whole song table and instrument table from a clean rom, without success. Is there anything I may be overlooking?

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Question: Somehow I messed with the songs in my rom hack. Some instruments sound... 8-bit'ish, that maybe works for describing. Not all songs are "corrupted" (and the ones which are have 1 (rarely, 2) instruments sounding weird), which makes me think it was a small override.
I've tried to hex-replace the whole song table and instrument table from a clean rom, without success. Is there anything I may be overlooking?
Eight-bit-ish? It sounds like the songs are using the wrong voicegroup offsets, or the tracks are using the wrong voices within their voicegroups.

Song voicegroups are specified in the song header, and track voices are specified using an instrument change instruction (BD XX, if memory serves) near the start of the track data (and also mid-track, for some of the official songs that change voices mid-song).

If I'm correct, then you will either need to change the voicegroup offsets in the song header, or you will need to restore the track data -- that is, you will need to use the song table to find the song headers, use the headers to find the tracks, and then transfer the unmodified headers and tracks from a clean ROM.

You cannot use playsong & co.in an ASM routine.

Playsing is a Pokescript or XSE command.
I don't know if there is a way to start song playback from ASM code, but if there isn't, you could have your ASM load a compiled script into RAM and call it. I think JPAN's FireRed Hacked Engine does something very similar when dealing with the hacked item functionality he added.

Last edited:

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
im using xse and i dont understand save as, and rubikon code files. someone plz explain why it isnt just overwrite

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
How do you edit the following;

Head on Map
Start Menu
Party Background
Box Backgrounds

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
How do we edit the intro sprites of ruby?

how do we edit the intro sprites of ruby

Last edited:

redx2dth

Metapods' got class!
Years
Door animations

@refep: Use unLZ.GBA to import the png and tilemap.

My Question:
I see people importing firereds door animations into emerald and i was wondering if it was possible to export emeralds into firered and if so, how?

I'm mainly focussed on the battle arenas Japanese style door in emerald.

Years
Hoenn on DS?

Ok, so I was wondering if there is a DS game hack for the Hoenn region. Hoenn was the best a couple years ago and I'd like to live the ol' days again.
I want to play this on my R4

I'm hoping this is the right place to post this and hoping that I am not violating

You cannot ask for ROMs.
Just use Google or some P2P program
for all your needs.
*I'd also like to play some good NDS hacks

**I have used Google and searched the site

Thanks

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Ok, so I was wondering if there is a DS game hack for the Hoenn region. Hoenn was the best a couple years ago and I'd like to live the ol' days again.
I want to play this on my R4

I'm hoping this is the right place to post this and hoping that I am not violating

*I'd also like to play some good NDS hacks

**I have used Google and searched the site

Thanks

Team Fail is currently making one, though it is nowhere near complete. DS hacks are very rare to find finished, especially ones that are completely changed, not those 493 hacks or harder versions and whatnot, due to the current complex nature 4th gen hacking has.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2011
i will test any hacks but alsooo i want to start a hack and get a team on it. i have a story line in my head and so yea but i need help with creating it

Perfect_Palkia_10

Ruler of Space
Years
i will test any hacks but alsooo i want to start a hack and get a team on it. i have a story line in my head and so yea but i need help with creating it

If your looking for a team, check out the Team Discussions section.

My question is: does anyone know how Wichu resized those Platinum sprites that are in the ROM Hacking Resources?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I've been searching the archives and threads for over an hour and just need a simple question answered. How can I make the national dex be given at the very beginning instead of the normal pokedex? This is for a fire red hack.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Does anyone have the offset for the Trainer backsprite in Emerald?

I've looked on the forums, and in Tile Molester but only found Birch.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
@ Haowakeorden
Thank you. I'm new to hacking but I've already learned from ALOT of my mistakes. This will surely help me. Keep you're eyes peeled, I'll probably post here alot.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2011
For some reason, when I try to warp into the player's house, I end up stuck in the black tile just under the entrance/exit.

Any solutions? QQ

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Okay so I was thinking of making a hack based on being in a test facility/facility in general and having to work with specific pokemon to defeat objectives.
basically I'm looking at scrapping the badge system and having all badges already earnt, as well as the repeated giving and taking of pokemon from the player (the player gets new choices every time.
The idea is to escape the test facility while solving various puzzles and also battling various 'gamesmasters' which take the metaphoric role of gym leaders, while in the main not really having much impact other than that of a minor boss.
The hack will not be a full pokemon game, rather a spinoff game aimed to challenge the mind and help people to use pokemon not really tried before.

Just wondering what kind of work would be required here? This will mainly as I say be based on the puzzles and navigation of a large building rather than the collecting of pokemon and the storyline.
Thanks! (PS: Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.)

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
For some reason, when I try to warp into the player's house, I end up stuck in the black tile just under the entrance/exit.

Any solutions? QQ
Did you warp it to the right warp tile?
Is there a warp under the entrance/exit of the room?
Try and recheck to make sure you have the numbers correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back