• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsBroccoli

MsBroccoli
Years
Hello! :)

I'm going to be playing my game on an R4 and I was wondering what anti-freeze/piracy patch works well or has the best success rate with the R4?

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
these downloads translate the text and stop the freezing (it stops all random freezing aswell)!
also it should run at top speed including flash carts!

Wait... they're separate games, right? So you'll have to start a new game on them? I don't want to do that, though. ;-;

MsBroccoli said:
Hello! :)

I'm going to be playing my game on an R4 and I was wondering what anti-freeze/piracy patch works well or has the best success rate with the R4?

I'm playing on an R4 too, and I haven't found a working anti-freeze patch yet. And no one here seems to know one either... >.> Today my game froze and took me back 2 saves. It's a good thing I constantly save. xD

Shawk

Smexy
Years
I'm having some problems with the DeSmuME emu. On one account on my computer it works with HG/SS, but on another, everytime I try to open up the rom, I get a black screen. At the top, it just sits there saying (99%) DeSmuME 0.9.4 x86 and won't open. Help please?

Anybody? I still need help with this please.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
Right, so here's my problem.
Using No$GBA, I've layed through with the freeze fix/blackscreen fix code on and everything is fine and dandy.
Random crashing/freezing every now and then, nothing a little closing and reopening and playing from a previous save can't fix but now...

I've defeated Whitney and obtained the Squirtbottle.
Any wild pokemon/trainer pokemon I faint, it freezes and then crashes.
Anytime I save right outside or inside National Park building or exterior, it freezes and then crashes.
I cannot continue if this keeps up as I must fight at least one trainer and Sudowoodo before I can progress.

I tried downloading and patch the freeze fix patch on and whilst that worked as it was supposed to, it did not rectify my problem as I still have it.
I even tried using the patch and code at the same time. No use.

Any suggestions?
Playing it on ANY other emulator is useless as they can't even get me as far as I've gotten without constantly freezing/blackscreening/crashing earlier on than No$GBA.

Help?

EDIT:
Wait... they're separate games, right? So you'll have to start a new game on them? I don't want to do that, though. ;-;

No, yvette, they aren't seperate roms because we're not allowed link roms here.
You just patch the patch to your existing rom and continue playing.

They don't fix my problem above anyway.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Right, so here's my problem.
Using No$GBA, I've layed through with the freeze fix/blackscreen fix code on and everything is fine and dandy.
Random crashing/freezing every now and then, nothing a little closing and reopening and playing from a previous save can't fix but now...

I've defeated Whitney and obtained the Squirtbottle.
Any wild pokemon/trainer pokemon I faint, it freezes and then crashes.
Anytime I save right outside or inside National Park building or exterior, it freezes and then crashes.
I cannot continue if this keeps up as I must fight at least one trainer and Sudowoodo before I can progress.

I tried downloading and patch the freeze fix patch on and whilst that worked as it was supposed to, it did not rectify my problem as I still have it.
I even tried using the patch and code at the same time. No use.

Any suggestions?
Playing it on ANY other emulator is useless as they can't even get me as far as I've gotten without constantly freezing/blackscreening/crashing earlier on than No$GBA.

Help?

EDIT:

They don't fix my problem above anyway.
You need to download the patch i posted (i few posts up)
It stops all freezing

I'm playing on an R4 too, and I haven't found a working anti-freeze patch yet. And no one here seems to know one either... >.> Today my game froze and took me back 2 saves. It's a good thing I constantly save. xD
Rename the patched game to the name of the game you used and the sav filve should work.. i did it and it worked fine!

Last edited:

ShinyBlaziken

Dragon-Master
Years
Just go here everyone:
Soul silver: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N0PX8QAB
Heart gold: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1WMFP4ID
I didnt make it btw!
these downloads translate the text and stop the freezing (it stops all random freezing aswell)!
also it should run at top speed including flash carts!

I downloaded the first file for my Soul Silver ROM. The .rar File had 2 Folders. The first one was SS_Localized and the other SS_Katakana. I copied my ROM in the SS_Localized folder and then draged it to the "DragUntrimmedROMhere.bat" file. Then I get the message :
"Patching...
xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

The xdelta patching utility was unable to apply the patch. Make sure to use the original <unpatched, untrimmed> ROM and extract all of the patch files to the same folder before running this."

I don't know what to do know.

P.S.: What's this patch.PAT file??
I tried to open it but it doesn't work?
Which programm do I need to open it?

edit: Forgot to mention that I've got Vista

Last edited:

Andrew McKenzie

Years
Hey, Pokemon League Champion.
I did download the patch and I did do it correctly as it patched perfectly, but it did not sort out my freezing problem.
So no, it doesn't fix all freezing problems, just most of them.
Besides, the roms had many errors to begin with.

I'ma give it another whirl after leaving the emulator and rom alone for a while and see if it works now.

I did use the patch in the localized folder. Should I have used the Katakana one instead?

EDIT: Okay. New problem.
Using the patch, in conjunction with the code to stop the blackscreen after name screens.
Up to Sudowoodo, no freezing after I left it for a while...
BUT...
The minute I save game, BOOM! The Rom Image Has Crashed!

Now, this would be a minor thing if No$GBA had some proper save stating, not that stupid snapshot crap. Snapshots crash the minute you try loading them.

Any help?
Freezing/Blackscreens are no longer an issue. It's just the saving.
Saving didn't bother me up until now.
I have it set to Auto and that has worked. Now, I could try Flash 512K or whatever it is but that'd only cause the same effect I think.

Help?

EDIT EDIT: I HAVE SORTED OUT MY SAVING ISSUES.
Just after the save sound rings, there is like two seconds before the Rom Image Has Crashed window appears.
I attempted to close the emulator just after the ringing but before the Crashed window could appear.
And I loaded it back up and voila there it was, in the position I closed it at just after the save sound rang.
GO ME! I'm so happy I can continue now.

By the way, I have to say, that frikkin english patch is awesome, whoever made it(The guys' names on the english titlescreen).
It's great to be able to play with items and moves and some other things in english so that it's not entirely annoying to read the Japanese.
This way, I won't end up deleting moves that are useful for moves that aren't.

EDIT X 3: Something I just noticed. If you turn the sound off on No$GBA and then faint a pokemon, it just freezes before it drops, after it's HP is all gone.
I found this funny so I turned the sound back on whilst it was still frozen and lo and behold, it rang the faint sound and it continued with no problem.
Funny indeed.

Last edited:

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
Rename the patched game to the name of the game you used and the sav filve should work.. i did it and it worked fine!

Okay, thanks. When I asked my brother (who downloads and patches stuff for me... yes, I am that pathetic) if I had to start a new game, he said yes... now I'll try your links. Thank you very much!

Oh, great. I'm so relieved. :D

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Hey, Pokemon League Champion.
I did download the patch and I did do it correctly as it patched perfectly, but it did not sort out my freezing problem.
So no, it doesn't fix all freezing problems, just most of them.
Besides, the roms had many errors to begin with.

I'ma give it another whirl after leaving the emulator and rom alone for a while and see if it works now.

I did use the patch in the localized folder. Should I have used the Katakana one instead?

EDIT: Okay. New problem.
Using the patch, in conjunction with the code to stop the blackscreen after name screens.
Up to Sudowoodo, no freezing after I left it for a while...
BUT...
The minute I save game, BOOM! The Rom Image Has Crashed!

Now, this would be a minor thing if No$GBA had some proper save stating, not that stupid snapshot crap. Snapshots crash the minute you try loading them.

Any help?
Freezing/Blackscreens are no longer an issue. It's just the saving.
Saving didn't bother me up until now.
I have it set to Auto and that has worked. Now, I could try Flash 512K or whatever it is but that'd only cause the same effect I think.

Help?

EDIT EDIT: I HAVE SORTED OUT MY SAVING ISSUES.
Just after the save sound rings, there is like two seconds before the Rom Image Has Crashed window appears.
I attempted to close the emulator just after the ringing but before the Crashed window could appear.
And I loaded it back up and voila there it was, in the position I closed it at just after the save sound rang.
GO ME! I'm so happy I can continue now.

By the way, I have to say, that frikkin english patch is awesome, whoever made it(The guys' names on the english titlescreen).
It's great to be able to play with items and moves and some other things in english so that it's not entirely annoying to read the Japanese.

EDIT X 3: Something I just noticed. If you turn the sound off on No$GBA and then faint a pokemon, it just freezes before it drops, after it's HP is all gone.
I found this funny so I turned the sound back on whilst it was still frozen and lo and behold, it rang the faint sound and it continued with no problem.
Funny indeed.
Realy? Well im not sure what to do then? Did you use a clean rom?

I downloaded the first file for my Soul Silver ROM. The .rar File had 2 Folders. The first one was SS_Localized and the other SS_Katakana. I copied my ROM in the SS_Localized folder and then draged it to the "DragUntrimmedROMhere.bat" file. Then I get the message :
"Patching...
xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

The xdelta patching utility was unable to apply the patch. Make sure to use the original <unpatched, untrimmed> ROM and extract all of the patch files to the same folder before running this."

I don't know what to do know.

P.S.: What's this patch.PAT file??
I tried to open it but it doesn't work?
Which programm do I need to open it?

edit: Forgot to mention that I've got Vista
Okay well first try using the kanata folder, second of all did you use a clean rom (one that hasnt been patched before?) If not thats your problem!

Last edited:

Andrew McKenzie

Years
No no, you misinterpreted my post as I added edits to the end.
Everything is going very well now. I have found a way around all of my issues.
Thanks for linking the patch by the way. T'was nice of you.

Years
I'm having the black screen after Oak problem, i can hear my bedroom music but see nothing...

Ive tried the patch at the beginning of the thread but everytime I change my Reset/Startup Entrypoint to Game BIOS it tells me the ROM image has crashed.
Without that step it still goes black after Oak.

Is there anyway at all I can get past this black screen? The game works on Desmume but its terribly slow so I'm finding NO$GBA works better but I cant even play it past the naming...

Thanks in advance for the help!

Andrew McKenzie

Years
Go to the Utility Menu > Cheats > Add New
Enter this code:
020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000

Mark the Action Replay DS Box, hit ok.
Now a thing should appear in the code menu, it has a check box.
DOUBLE-click it to make the tick appear in the box.
Then hit ok.
And it should now get you past the black screen after Oak and on your way to playing your game.

ENJOY!

JohnBoy617

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I have a saving problem. I've got everything right but still does not save. I'm using No$GBA, settings are:

RealTime Auto
Digital Stereo
Start Cartridge Directly
High (44Hz) Best
24bitTrue
no cash
None/Disabled
VGA (poppy bright)
Medium/Medium Stable
Auto
Flask 512K Bytes
Gamepaks all in GBA
Darkness
Automatic

I'm using the 2.6a version of No$GBA. I want to save this game, damn it.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Everyone, to stop the freezing just go to my thread in the emulation thread, that will solve all your problems! Ok?

ShinyBlaziken

Dragon-Master
Years
Realy? Well im not sure what to do then? Did you use a clean rom?

Okay well first try using the kanata folder, second of all did you use a clean rom (one that hasnt been patched before?) If not thats your problem!

I also tried the Katakana Folder but it doesn't work.
And I have a clean ROM.
Everything is Japanese and I don't have a savegame in that ROM.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
I get a new rom to see if this would work, and now it doesn't get past the new game things, (the code from the other roms don't work to rid the game of the black screen). Any ideas, time for a new rom?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I get a new rom to see if this would work, and now it doesn't get past the new game things, (the code from the other roms don't work to rid the game of the black screen). Any ideas, time for a new rom?
forget the supid code and look at the patches i posted... you dont need a new rom unless its been patched before... geeze people are so ignorent these days

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
Years

I don't know what English patch you or anyone else in this thread are using, but mine translate almost everything minus the dialogue of everyone... the items, the Pokemon names, the moves and stats...

What's the name of the translator... the one I use is from KazoWAR/Magius... his thread is here but you can't view it unless you're a member of that forum... so to save the wasted time of joining... he made a thread here. Just get them there.

Currently it's on version 5 but I was using version 4 and I don't experience those saving crashes... however, I still experience random crashing and some hanging in certain areas (these hangs can be restarted from your last save point) so it's better to be safe and save and close and re-open.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back