• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent

Jimmy watched as Rosalyn's Squirtle evolved into Wartortle and fired another Ice Beam at Druddigon. The latter, who was moving slowly because of his frozen wing, was hit and frozen solid before the ice around him was shattered by Aqua Jet. And although the dragon had no ice around him at the time being, he didn't have any more energy to fight and fell down, unable to keep on.

Jimmy smirked and ordered Smokey to use Psybeam on Zangoose, which not only hit because of the latter's confusion, but it sent him flying back. Angered, the Zangoose charged at Smokey with Shadow Claw, but because of his confusion it hit himself. And, after a Swords Dance and a Hone Claws attack, he was unable to fight as well.

Bryce stood there, looking upset as he retrieved his Pokémon. "Well...you win this battle..." he muttered, "but I'm still taking that Egg! Hand it over!"

Then the Suicune Dorm kid charged at Jimmy, ready to snatch the Egg. Jimmy looked at Rosalyn, and then at the egg. "T-Take it."he said, really reluctant to do that but knowing he had no choice. He pushed the egg towards Rosalyn. And then stood up. He made a fist out of his right hand and stood there, waiting for Bryce to get closer so he could teach him not to mess with him again.

Alice Crenshaw

Alice looked at Valorie and raised her left eyebrow, confused by what Valorie was saying. There was something that she didn't quite understand. If that forest was so dangerous, why were they going there in the first place? And why was Valorie backing out now? She wanted to ask those questions out loud, but at the same time she didn't want to. She hugged Jello tighter.

"Um, one thing, Valorie..." Alice finally said, "Why are we, um, backing out now? I mean, this forest was already dangerous before you decided to explore it...right?" Her voice tone showed her lack of confidence in herself.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn

Rosalyn smiled as the Druddigon went down followed by the Zangoose shortly after. "Great Job Jazz" she grinned as her Pokemon ran to in front of her and jumped a bit metting her hand in a high five. "you were great Jazz. I'm so glad you evolved" she said before turning her attention to Bryce "The egg's not yours!" she yelled clenching her fists before she heard a voice say "T-Take it." before the egg was pushed into her arms. Rosalyn held the egg in her arms and saw Jimmy clench his right hand into a fist as Bryce charged him. She really should stop him but one hit she would allow. But if another hit was tried by Jimmy or Bryce she would stop it she was sure of that.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent

Bryce saw Jimmy passing the egg to Rosalyn. He smirked and slightly turned, running towards her. But as he was just steps away from the girl, something hit the right side of his head, and he was forced to stop. It was a fist. It hit him hard and made him spin a bit before falling down. Jimmy then walked up to him and grabbed him by the jacket.

"Listen up. This is the last time you EVER stand in my way. And the same goes to your stupid friends." Jimmy said, sounding aggresive, "Got it, punk?"

His voice tone was reminiscent of a biker, or a thug. But Bryce chuckled and didn't care about what he was saying. He pushed him as soon as he let go of his jacket, and then he got up. He walked towards Jimmy, ready to beat the hell out of him.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn

Rosalyn's eyes widened when Bryce turned towards her when Jimmy passed her the egg and she closed her eyes but nothing happened. When she opened her eyes she saw Jimmy holding Bryce by his jacket before pushing him away. Rosalyn looked at Jimmy and saw Bryce move towards him again. "hold this Jazz, and be careful with it" she said putting the Egg in the Pokemon's arms receiving a look that stated "I know what it is, I wouldn't drop it". Rosalyn shook her head and stepped between Bryce and Jimmy "just knock it off, you lost, your not getting the egg so just go away"

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Rafael looked as the Psybeam that shot from Arya hit Aipom with pinpoint accuracy. I looked at my side of the battle field just in time to see Diglett charging at Pika.

" Pika dodge and use quick attack and when your close enough use iron tail " Pika started running at Diglett really fast and when it was just a few inches away it jumped in the air to hit the Diglett but out of nowhere the Diglett disappeared into the ground. I looked angry at myself for making such a foolish mistake of trying to attack a ground type Pokemon from above.

" Aipom now use shadow claw on Misdrevous and Diglett use a dig attack " The Aipoms hand turned all dark colored as it charged at Arya. The Diglett appeared under Pikachu and attacked knocking it into the air. It was then i saw another opening or should i say a few openings.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers

Finally, Lea was taken down. Now everyone had one Pokemon out of their own. Their was Star, Mistress, Pikachu, & Piplup. Looks like this could be anybody's game. Pikachu suddenly made everything bright using Flash. That won't affect Faint Attack, but it did distract Mistress a bit as she was hit by Quick Attack. Good combo, but Mistress was still up & runnin'. "Mistress! Use Calm Mind!" Kilik called out, sounding confident. Time to power up. Mistress closed her eyes & focused. A small ring aura was flowing from her. Any special attacks would be a bit more powerful, & Mistress was protected from any special attacks.

Myra's trainer called out to use Signal Beam, on Mistress? Oh cr**. Mistress tried dodging the incoming attack, but was spun back from the impact. She stood up, how annoyed she was with this battle. Bug-type moves were quite effective against Mistress. "That Piplup will be trouble." kilik said to Kat, still looking at the battle. Mistress ran near a rock for protection. Not what Kilik had ordered, but ok.

A little support was still useful. "Mistress! Captivate Pikachu!" He ordered. Mistress gagged once again. She just doesn't wanna flirt even more. The things she does for love. She looked at Pikachu & took a cute stance & a cute smile.

"My, you're pretty strong.~ Your trainer must be pretty strong if you can put up a fight like that. How 'bout after this battle we, oh I don't know, hang out sometime?~" With that said, small hearts started appearing from Mistress, floating close to Pikachu to make him feel uncomfortable. This would make him less incapable of hurting Mistress with any special attack, much. What will Kat do in her part now?

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Seeing open space before them Raizer and Isaac broke out into a sprint as they foudn the forest edge.

"FREEDOM!" Isaac shouted at hte top of his lungs.

"QUIAVA!" Raizer repeated.

the duo emerged form the forest back behind the school pokemon center. They had left from this exact spot when they entered the woods. there was even still the pit from Isaac's earlier battle with Kilik.

"well um thats... serendipidous..." Isaac said scratchign the back of his head.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype finally noticed the unfamiliar Pokemon that was with Valorie. When did she get a Yanmask? Snype thought to himself. He was mumbling something and guessing by his expression, it probably wasn't something nice. Nonetheless, Snype decided to greet the fellow ghost.

"Hey no need to be shy! You a new member of Val's team? Name's Snype!" Snype said happily to the ghost.

Mark also happened to notice the mask like Pokemon. He didn't know what exactly it was but it was with Valorie... hrm. All of a sudden Valorie was against going to the forest because it was dangerous... nobody was allowed to go in there. But that was what made it more interesting! But Mark knew better then to doubt Valorie. He admired her after all. Still... he wanted to go on some kind of adventure this Halloween... he wanted to act brave and at least make a good impression. He wanted to become better and at the very least look good in front of Valorie.

"Dangerous...? Well we've been through dangerous places before and have survived a lot of dangerous situations in the past... what makes this place worse then all the others?" Mark asked curiously.

Dragonkat

The Winged Wolf
Years
Star hit the Torchic, it fainted, and Mistress hit Lea? Nice! Now we all have one Pokemon left. Kenshin sent out a Pikachu and Oliva sent out a Piplup was it? Weird name... No matter! This is a super productive battle for us!

The Pikachu used Flash and Star was blinded for a bit. She still charged along, but didn't hit Lea apparently. Then it charged at Star, and Star tried leap out of the way, but was hit, and sent intO the air.She regained her balance and landed on top of a rock and sat there, giggling. 'That was so fun!' She watched as the Piplup attacked Mistress with a Signal Beam. Star better stay away from the Piplup. "That Piplup will be trouble." Killik whispered to me. "Agreed. I'll attack it from afar." Mistress used Captivate on the Pikachu and she actually looked kind of cute. In a way you would look at a sister or a baby of course. I decided that more Stars would be better, so I ordered to a waiting Star, "Star, use Double Team!!"

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Kenshin

Pikachu just. . . blinked at the Zorua's move. Same with Kenshin. What was that move supposed to do?

. . . Oh crap this isn't like what happened with that fight with Skitty was it?

"PIKACHU! USE DIG!" Kenshin called out.

The Pikachu just dug a hole and went underground. Kenshin looked at Olivia.

". . . What should we do?" he asked in a low enough voice only Olivia would hear. "Is there any way we can find the real Umbreon faster? Or even what to do about the . . . other dark type?"

He'd wait for a response from her for a few seconds. Whether she gives an answer or not, Kenshin would continue with his attack.

"Alright Pika! Come on out!"

Soon enough, the earth under the Zorua shook for just one second before Pikachu came bursting out of the ground hitting the Zorua.

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
Aipom jumped up towards Arya, ready to hit her with a powerful Shadow Claw. Arya tried to dodge, but it was to no avail; the super effective dark energy met its target, sending the ghost Pokemon down to ground level. After a few precious seconds and a call from her trainer, Arya slowly rose up, barely having the power to even levitate. Oscar could see that Arya was pushing her limits and that something as weak as a Sand-Attack could make her faint so he returned his Pokemon.

''You were great Arya, take a good rest now,'' Oscar said, smiling towards the Poke Ball. Putting it away, Oscar took out another one and threw it up in the air. It opened itself and sent out a white light, revealing a Meditite.

''Let's go, Meden!'' Oscar exclaimed, receiving a nod and a quick confident smile. Taking a second to remember Meden's attacks, Oscar yelled out ''Focus Punch!'' Meden clenched his fist and closed his eyes, focusing his power, making his hand glow white. He then proceeded to shoot forward towards Aipom.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

Valorie Ryder​

Shu turned to acknowledge Snype. He seemed a bit bitter over something or another.

Shu: "Yeaah... I guess you could say that."

Shu proceeded to eye his mask in a frustrated manner.

Shu: "...I'm Shu."

Valorie was about to say something when Mark challenged her reluctance to enter the forest. Her gaze just sort of fell for a moment. She wasn't sure what to say. How could she explain to him how she knew, what she knew? After a moment she just sort of looked back at Shu as if asking for his help. At this point Shu was paying quite a bit of attention to the group's conversation, eyeing them occasionally. He sighed when he found Valorie staring at him. He knew what was being asked of him.

Shu: "Just a moment--"

Shu floated up to the height of the group and promptly started speaking with telepathy so that the humans could understand him.

Shu (Telepathy): "Your immortal soul may be forfeit."

His tone was grim, as was the statement. A yamask clearly knew something about the immortality of souls considering the method through which yamask tended to come to be.

Olivia Wolf​

Olivia watched as Mistress attempted to hide behind a rocky spire. She had honestly never thought she'd get a chance to try something like this, and yet opportunity had presented itself. Pointing out towards where Mistress was hiding.

"Alright Myra! Use Brick Break to get to that zorua!"

Myra stopped in her tracks before abruptly charging the rocky spire between her and Mistress. Now picture this. A small penguin pokemon runs up to a rocky spire and then punches right the heck through it with it's flipper. That's totally what happens. Myra ran up to the rocky spire, her flipper glowing with supernatural energy. She then struck the spire and literally /shattered straight through it/ to get to Mistress, simultaneously delivering a powerful fighting type blow to exploit yet another weakness of dark types.

Pictured, Myra the piplup

This occured before Pika's dig attack for the record, since that was obviously a significantly slower attack.

"My teacher taught me to train your pokemon to cover eachother's weaknesses!"

It was true that Piplup was basically an anti-dark type /machine/. This was arguably why you didn't want to be the first pokemon to go down. Olivia turned to look at Kenshin and smiled at him. She seemed to be having a lot of fun.

"Focus on one pokemon at a time~ Once they lose half their firepower it'll be a cinch!"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Valorie stood slient for a moment. Mark figured he might have upset her after challenging her regarding how dangerous the forest is... but before he could say anything else, he heard a ghastly voice in his head. It gave Mark a real jump and cause him to move back in fear.

"Wha! Wha... what was that?" Mark asked, not familiar with telepathic communication. It felt so weird hearing a voice like that in your head... weird pokemon that's for sure.

"Er... by... Immortal soul... you mean death right? Geez... maybe it's not such a good idea... I'd still like to learn about the forest somehow... it sounds interesting! If nobody's allowed in it then there's gotta be something important about it... wait Val... when did you get that pokemon? I haven't seen you with that kind of pokemon before..." Mark asked, still unfamiliar with the name of its species.

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
[OOC: I'm going to go ahead and assume that a lot of this is taking place outside or something. Please tell me if it's not the case. x_x; ]

Battles. Battles everywhere. Many of the students contending with each other for...whatever reason. Hiromu honestly had no idea what was going on, but from where he was sitting, he could watch a couple of the more interesting fights very clearly. Of course, many of them had caught his eye but...

"Uuuugh! Sooo boooooorrredd!", he whined out as he flopped on his back, flailing his arms and legs about as he complained. "There are so many awesome fights going on! I wanna get in on this so bad, but...Rrrrrrgh!!" Letting out a sigh, he finally hopped up to his feet before raising his arms in the air, shouting out at the top of his lungs. "SOMEBODY BATTLE MEEE!!! I'M BOOOOOOORRRREEDDD!!!!" It was around that moment that he felt a paw come down heavily upon his head, cringing in a bit of pain as he rubbed his head.

"Itte-te-te-te...! Luco!", he griped as he turned to his Lucario, pouting a bit as it gave him a look of annoyance. More or less, "Grow up, Hiromu.."

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Rafael looked as Pikachu was hit into the air. All Rafael saw was a bunch of holes in the ground and came up with an idea that he thought would end this battle.

" Pikachu now use Quick attack into the nearest hole and bring the Diglett into the air now" The Pikachu did as it was told and dove into the hole in the ground. A few brief seconds it appeared underneath Diglett hitting up into the air.

" Now finish this battle with and Iron tail " I said as Pikachu's tail started to glow an it hit the the Diglett into the ground making it faint. I then looked next to me and saw Oscars Meditite use focus punch on Aipom making it faint.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
(OoC: Oh my gosh! That Piplup! It's Anakin Skywalker!)

Kilik Chambers

"Agreed. I'll attack it from afar." Kat exclaimed. Hopefully she would act fast. Her Star used Double Team to make illusions of her. Nice tactic. Wait a minute... Better use that move.

Pikachu had dug underground. Looks like he was after Mistress, though it takes a while. Then some rock suddenly broke like that, Myra went after Mistress with Brick Break. Did she break that to surprise her! Mistress was hit by Myra with Brick Break, sending her back. Yikes! So many surprises. Mistress was already getting a bit tired. Time to make a move already. "Mistress! Double Team!" Kilik yelled. Mistress immediately made illusions of herself, making Myra hit the wrong illusion. Pikachu came up from the ground, but had hit the wrong Mistress. Now their were so many Stars & Mistresses it would be difficult to find the real one. "Bet you didn't see this coming!" Kilik taunted both Olivia & Kenshin. Things were about to heat up! "Dark Pulse!"

Mistress looked at Myra. She's trouble. A small dark ball formed in front of her mouth. Then, a dark power shot at Myra, looking like purple circle from every angle. With the added effect of Calm Mind, this would be a pretty powerful attack. If this move hit, there was a slight chance it would make Myra flinch.

Last edited:

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Vincent Xackford Luna"

"So you're new eh?" Vincent questioned as a big grin grew across his face. "Well then let me introduce you to this wonderful academy filled with awesome trainers like myself and strong pokemon like Blitz!" He exclaimed with a big grin as Scissors jumped onto the ground and scurried off to play with Terra who had wondered next to Blitz. The Charizard let out another Flamethrower when he heard his name to show off his strength.

<You see that big guy over there?> Shade asked the other Zorua as he looked over to Blitz. <Even if your trainer somehow managed to beat me there's no way she could beat Blitz he's Vince's powerhouse next to Terra!> The Zorua laughed feeling a bit cocky.

"So what brought you to this academy?" Vince asked with a smile trying to get to know her a little better before he battled her.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Ruby Destiny

"So you're new eh?" Vincent questioned as a big grin grew across his face. "Well then let me introduce you to this wonderful academy filled with awesome trainers like myself and strong pokemon like Blitz!" He exclaimed with a big grin.

this made Ruby laugh a little.

<You see that big guy over there?> Shade asked Zorua as he looked over to Blitz. <Even if your trainer somehow managed to beat me there's no way she could beat Blitz he's Vince's powerhouse next to Terra!> The Zorua laughed feeling a bit cocky.

"well my trainer trained us really good!" Zorua immediately defences. "and Poochyena is the strongest beyond us! i'm sure she'll win from every pokemon in your trainer's team." Zorua is beginning to get cocky too. '(cut it out Zorua, i'm not THAT strong...)' Poochyena is feeling embaressed.

"So what brought you to this academy?" Vince asked with a smile trying to get to know her a little better before he battled her.

'what brought me here is that i want to become a strong trainer.' Ruby says with a smile. 'i used to travel around with my Poochyena around Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, from each island i have eight badges.' Ruby is beginning to get a little shy, hoping he won't think different of her now.

'guys i have the perfect nicknames for you...' Ruby suddenly says. 'Poochyena will be "Hikari" which means light, even tough you are a dark pokemon, you have a golden heart.' Ruby smiles at her, Poochyena is getting tears in her eyes of happiness that her best friend thinks of her like that. 'Eevee, you will be "Kaette" which means maple leaf, since you want to become a leafeon so badly.' Ruby says to him. '(true story)' he comments with a smile. "and i?!" Zorua is getting excited. 'you will be "Yuki" which means snow, but also happiness, i found you in the snow, abononed and mistreaten by humans, and still you'll be able to be this happy and cheerfull, it makes me happy as trainer to see a pokemon like this...' Ruby pets her head softly, at first Zorua is suprised, but then she smiles and cries of happiness, she glomps Ruby. "it's all because of you!" she says trough her tears all happy and crying.

Last edited:

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"you sir, need to stop shouting." Isaac said as he approached another student, Hiromu, "It's halloween theres almsot no one is free."

Isaac had jsut previously stopped by the pokemon center and checked out his newest pokemon, apparently a scyther. In the holiday spirit Isaac named him Hallow. Now heading back out, and just wandering around still not fully participating in the festivities.

"I personally would consider battling you, but I already know how that would turn out." Isaac said with a shrug.

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
Hiromu and Luco turned at the sound of another voice, one of the other students who had just emerged from the nearby Pokemon center. He admitted to probably being a little overzealous with the shouting. More than likely that was not necessary. However, the pair couldn't help but narrow their eyes at the guy, Hiromu putting his hands on his hips as he began to inquire...or perhaps, interrogate is the better term.

"Nani? And what exactly is THAT supposed to mean?", he asked with a rather annoyed tone, already not liking Isaac for the rather snide sounding comment. Luco however, simply did what was normal between the two, setting a paw in front of Hiromu and looking at him with its ice-blue eyes. An indicator that he was trying to get him to calm down. Though the Lucario itself wasn't exactly pleased that another greeted them in such a way.

Last edited:
Back