• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

~Invincible and Legendary~ *Dragon-Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Dragon_Trainer_ has reassumed the position of club leader.

Tyrantrum is my favorite because of its design, stats and movepool. It's pretty intimidating and it can wreck stuff pretty well.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Tyrantrum was on my team immediately during my first run through of Y. But it took me until it learned Dragon claw to realise it was Dragon type too lmao. I presumed it was just Rock haha.

Years
Of the Dragon-types introduced this generation, the only one i've used in-game was Tyrantrum. It has solid physical stats but rather iffy everything else, but I have used it in Y twice. It was rather hard to use at some points but I still enjoyed having it for its strength, but it really begs for a bit more Special Defense i'd say.

Circuit

Years
I'd agree. Towards the end of the game, I think I recall training another Pokémon that ended up taking its place for the E4. It just seemed to take damage so easily for a Pokémon of its stature. I would have liked it to perhaps deal less damage, but absorb a few more hits, so it didn't feel like a stack of playing cards against a storm when using it.

Years
My fave of the 6th Gen Dragon-types has to be Goodra. I love how it's a cutie in what is a field of menacing-looking pseudo-legendaries, while having a very cool design concept with its evolution line.

I'm also a fan of how its stats can make it go mixed, so you could either be Outraging things to death or firing off powerful Draco Meteors, as well as having access to a good variety of different attacks. And it looks so huggable! How can you not love hugging such a big adorable dragon?

The other ones are awesome too, but I have a soft spot for the cute stuff.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
So, that was a great discussion we conclude that Tyrantrum is awesome! I mean, I looked it up on bulbapedia
Spoiler:

That's a great description of a dragon! Every Dragon is indeed a king! And this one knew it's status. I mean, look at Dragon designs. Rayquaza! A Sky Ruler! Goodra! Cuteness Ruler! Kingdra! Sea Ruler!

That brings me to our new topic:
Do you think Dragon Ascent should be a Dragon Type move rather than a Flying Type move?

I mean "Birdie Birdie will you pet" was a great poem but Rayquaza is not a bird. It's bloody 90 feet Dragon! It stopped the war dudes!!

Also Pokemon for the week is Garchomp and Mega Garchomp!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Send in your responses about:

Have you ever used Garchomp competitively or ingame?

How is Garchomp different from other Rock and dragon types?

What were your thoughts when it was revealed?

What are your thoughts on it's overall design and dex description?

Any artwork you found interesting on the internet about it?

What's the best move it has?

Years
I think you should know that Garchomp is part ground type, not rock type. Also, I think Garchomp's best move is Outrage/Lum Berry. (is it?)

Years
Do you think Dragon Ascent should be a Dragon-type move rather than a Flying-type move?

While the move's name has Dragon in it, I still think its animation has connections to Flying-type more than Dragon-type, since Rayquaza like goes up in the air and then strikes from above, and it doesn't get many good Flying moves on its own so it's definitely something that's welcome.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Do you think Dragon Ascent should be a Dragon-type move rather than a Flying-type move?
It is a little weird that it's Flying and not Dragon since many Dragon type moves have the word "dragon" in them, but I like it better as a Flying move because Rayquaza doesn't really have much in the way of Flying STAB and Dragon Ascent is basically the Close Combat of Flying types.

Have you ever used Garchomp competitively or ingame?
All the time. Used it once on a Platinum playthrough, and one's a part of my doubles team and sometimes gets used in singles. She's great.

How is Garchomp different from other Rock Ground and dragon types?
Hmmm....I guess one thing would be a little different would be that it's based off of something that's not a dragon (a landshark) but is Dragon type. Not like Tyrantrum or the Latis are either, but.....

What were your thoughts when it was revealed?
I never really paid attention to pre-release info before Black2/White2, so I don't got anything to say about this one.

What are your thoughts on it's overall design and dex description?
I like it. I like the fins and the coloration. Still don't get why the dex descriptions mention its supposed ability to fly like a fighter jet yet it can't Fly or anything in the games.

I'll take a look later

Idk if it has one singular best move but it does make for a good Scarfer, Stealth Rock Setter, or Swords Dancer.

Years
I too think that Dragon Ascent would be acceptable as a Flying-type move, as weird as its name suggests. It already has Outrage, a Dragon-type move of the same power.

And good old Garchomp...the thing that we remember Cynthia beating us into the dirt with. That thing has quite a few ways it can go about even with so little moves.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Well..... You guys raise good points about the STAB and I'm proud of intellectual people having great comments to add!! I love my PC Club family!! x3

Pokémon of the week this week is DRAGONAIR
Spoiler:

Send in your responses about:

Have you ever used Dragonair competitively or during your epic journey?

How is Dragonair different from other Dragon types?

What were your thoughts when you came across it?

What are your thoughts on it's overall design and pokédex description?

Exclusively,

Do you think Dragonair should get a Mega Evolution?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I used one once on a Soul Silver playthrough, it later became a Dragonite. Never used Dragonair competitively though since NFE's usually aren't good for competitive play (with a few exceptions like Porygon 2, Chansey, etc).

Idek lol, first time I saw one was like 15 years ago so I don't really remember.

I was actually using this for a little while as my avatar until like a few days ago:
82351db1-d35b-4fe0-9f47-beb8c7a32b9d_zpsfw2iy49m.jpg

Dragonair can't really get a Mega Evolution since Mega Evolution is only for fully evolved Pokemon, but it's possible that Dragonite could get one. Not exactly one I'd be wild for but I can certainly see them doing it.

But then there's the old question of, what do you name Dragonite's mega stone?

Circuit

Years

I've used it yes... Only until it evolved into a Dragonite though.

Well...Mostly because of its design I guess. But it's not really unique in terms of dragon design either. Rayquaza shares a similar design, although not, I think, based on the same dragon.

Eh. I've never actually been the biggest fan of this dragon evolution line. I think they're actually quite plain, and there are many better dragon types to fit their type.

Its overall design as I mentioned above is plain. It's cool, but not really unique enough for it to stand out in my books, and it now gets overshadowed by Pokémon with more impressive designs like Noivern, Salamence and Hydreigon for example. I guess it's down to opinion, but I myself don't feel like it's the height of dragon types. Especially considering the fact it isn't even fully evolved.

Go type in Dragonair fanart into Google Images No because I don't really take much interest in the Pokémon and never really bothered to research it.

Erm... Draco Meteor? Dragon Rush? It's not really competitive or often left long enough to warrant a finished or developed moveset put to it.

Exclusively, do you think Dragonair should get a Mega Evolution?

What? An unevolved Pokémon getting a Mega? Don't be silly! No way. Even if all fully-evolved Pokémon had Megas, I wouldn't want any Pokémon that have evolutions to get a Mega. Kinda besides the point then, and every Pokémon turns into a super powerhouse and the game becomes boring. No, I think Megas should be limited to the few we have no and possibly a couple more.

Dragonair is really quite underwhelming, and eh, I am a little disappointed in the spotlight landing on it, since I don't have much to say about it. It's just not my type of Dragon.

Wicked3DS

Years

Of course, but I only ended up evolving it into Dragonite.

It's the only Dragon-type that's snake-like (save for it's pre-evo and Rayquaza, though it's still more snake-like than Rayquaza).

You mean 15 years ago?

I like it's design, and it's Pokédex entries demonstrate just how majestic it really is.

This one, from Cometwing on DeviantArt
Spoiler:

Either Outrage or Draco Meteor.

Moot point imo because Dragonite will get it. It would be pretty cool with a Mega I must say.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Well, thanks to all the members with responses! How about one of you guys decide the next Pokémon in spotlight for a change? Anyone posting after me can choose one and it stays for a week or two depending on the popularity!

Wicked3DS

Years
I'll do one I suppose. Hmm, who should it be? Oh, I've got it!

Spoiler:

Flygon!

Ruby Pokédex: Flygon is nicknamed "the elemental spirit of the desert." Because its flapping wings whip up a cloud of sand, this Pokémon is always enveloped in a sandstorm while flying.

That's quite a nickname.

Some questions to ponder:

Have you ever used Flygon on your team, in-game or competitive?

What was your first impression of Flygon?

What do you think of Flygon's design?

What do you think is Flygon's best move?

Do you think Flygon should get a Mega Evolution?

there is only one answer to the last question

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I was going to use a Flygon once on a Ruby playthrough....but Trapinch and Vibrava were a pain in the ass to use so it never evolved into a Flygon and it got boxed just before the 8th badge. I may have briefly used one on a UU team some time ago, but I don't really remember.

Do you think Flygon should get a Mega Evolution?

there is only one answer to the last question
That answer being no

ZxFlashFreezexZ

The Immortal Champion
Years
Hello everyone! :) Here's my application:

1. What made you love Dragon Pokemon?: I love the looks of them, their strength, and best of all, their devastating moves!
2. Your first Dragon Pokemon was …. and why?: I don't remember the very first one, but the first one I can actually remember was Dialga in Pokemon Diamond.
3. Your favorite Dragon type user?: N/A
4. Your favorite Dragon type move?: Draco Meteor!! :)
5. Which generation had the best Dragon type Pokemon?: Gen 4
6. Woud you like Dragon type starters? If yes, which one would you start with?: Dragonite!

Also I would like to go by Flash, even though my username is ZxFlashFreezexZ.

Circuit

Years
What. Flygon should TOTALLY get a mega Evolution. There is no way it shouldn't get one.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
~Your sign up form~

Username: VillageofDragons
Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname: Dragon Master
Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Hydreigon
Reason for joining club: I really love Dragon type Pokemon! Whether it be the fact that many of them are legendaries and pseudo-legendaries, or how Dragalge's Poison type can counter Fairy sweepers, they're just so unique and powerful!
Answer to any one of the current topics: See below

4. Your favorite Dragon type move? It's got to be Draco Meteor for me. It's such a powerful Dragon type move that it decreases in power every time you use it. It's also ingenius in how you can rain tons of meteors down on the opponent and still call it a Dragon move. I also really like how it's usually a Move-Tutor exclusive move, which makes it fun to teach to one of your Dragon type Pokemon you've bonded well with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back