• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
Ok, I've searched and searched and searched and I CANNOT figure out how to solve my problem...I've searched this entire forum through google and have found bits and pieces of what I'm looking for...but it's not working.

I am trying to insert a Pikachu and have it disappear if you beat it or catch it (and run of course).

He only disappears when you run. I've looked everywhere, and I can't solve this problem. I don't understand which setflag, person ID, or whatever settings to do this. I've tried mimicking legendary pokemon scripts...I've tried poketronic and such...I'm just very very confused...I've looked everywhere and have put several, several, hours into this...please can someone help me?

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
actually there is more to it than that find comctl32.ocx and comgdl32.ocx copy and paste these to the folders WOW64 and System32 in your Windows folder on your C drive than clock on the start menu type in cmd right click on it and run as administrator and type in

"regsvr32 comctl32"

"regsvr32 comgld32"

then you should be set :D

Thanks I'll try it now. This will help alot.
EDIT: I don't have a WOW64 folder. Should I make one?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 6, 2023
Ok, so I'm using fire red and trying to use overworld editor RE to give deoxys and mewtwo a back and side, since they only have a front.
The problem is, when i go to their second frame, which will be their back and edit it, it also edits all the other frames.

Is there any way to edit one without the others changing?

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
hi pplz! ya i havent been on here for a bit but thats not my problem but anyways.....
im working on a hack called pokemon forbidden (all help is greatly needed) and before i release beta 1 of this i want to change the pallet of the map (its several shades of orange) and i want to change the badges so how would i do this? and the hack is of fire red... i should have said that first

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
hi pplz! ya i havent been on here for a bit but thats not my problem but anyways.....
im working on a hack called pokemon forbidden (all help is greatly needed) and before i release beta 1 of this i want to change the pallet of the map (its several shades of orange) and i want to change the badges so how would i do this? and the hack is of fire red... i should have said that first

With Nameless sprite editor. (it should be in a bookmark)

Ok, so I'm using fire red and trying to use overworld editor RE to give deoxys and mewtwo a back and side, since they only have a front.
The problem is, when i go to their second frame, which will be their back and edit it, it also edits all the other frames.

Is there any way to edit one without the others changing?

With Nameless sprite editor, should be an option to add frames somewhere on it.

Hope that helps both of ya.

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
With Nameless sprite editor. (it should be in a bookmark)

With Nameless sprite editor, should be an option to add frames somewhere on it.

Hope that helps both of ya.
that doesnt help much.... what would the colors be?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 6, 2023
Thanks!
I'll try to find that one

Edit:
Still seems to have the same problem, and it only lets me add one frame, which is just the next overworld's first frame.

I think unchecking the "copy frames" box may work, but then it erases every frame

Last edited:

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Really, why ask, just search!?!

I just started where do I even get the tools to make a hack of a game?

Pokecommunity has a toolbox forum, there is Wahackpokemon.com/en PkmnHackersOnline.com/pho, and many other places.

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
I've having trouble editing sprites in Pokemon Yellow Sprite Editor, tried to erase Red's face and it left his eye(s). There's pixels in weird places on the editing screen.

i53(dot)tinypic(dot)com/24pfbjc(dot)png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
I tried checking and searching how multichoice is and well... I only got how to make it and how to edit it using HexEditor( I use Multichoice Editor for this one actually)

Umm question is it possible to have this kind of multichoice?

1.) Choice A
2.) Choice B
3.) Choice C
4.) Exit

If Choice A is chosen it will given an answer while if Choice B is chosen it will provide a different answer. Likewise for Choice C.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Hmmmm wait i got somthing to ask about scripting (i use notepad)
ohk what i need to know is this "a check item script with a open door script but the door must apear once you talk to someone or somthing one the item has been checke Eg oh you found the cleanse tag(item checked) look at my secret door(door is opened and now is visible)" THANKS IF YOU CAN HELP ME it is needed as part of one of my hacks!

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
Hey, I have another doubt about scripting.

In gold/silver and crystal, the (script) command are same?

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2011
Hey everyone, i had a question hopfully someone will be able to answer, while hacking my rom, i went to test a trainer battle, and some of the trainers, after i battle with them, the overworld sprite of the hero changes and i can't move very far. Sometimes it changes to the sprite i battled and sometimes it get miscoloured, this ultimately ends in the person playing having to restore their last save data. Thanks for your time.

EDIT: I fixed it, simply by making a new trainer in advancemap and copying the same offset and pasting it back in.

Last edited:

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
How to change the look of the player's overworld sprite in Yellow? I want it to look like a Rocket member's, and likewise to replace another random character's sprite with the original main character's.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hey everyone, i had a question hopfully someone will be able to answer, while hacking my rom, i went to test a trainer battle, and some of the trainers, after i battle with them, the overworld sprite of the hero changes and i can't move very far. Sometimes it changes to the sprite i battled and sometimes it get miscoloured, this ultimately ends in the person playing having to restore their last save data. Thanks for your time.

Change the unknown or movement numbers of the NPC with Advance Map...
First, try setting them to '0'...
mappy-2.png

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Thanks!

Edit:
Still seems to have the same problem, and it only lets me add one frame, which is just the next overworld's first frame.

I think unchecking the "copy frames" box may work, but then it erases every frame

I think you'll need to re-point the frames you want to add manually in a hex editor. You might be able to figure it out/understand how by reading my tutorial for inserting additional sprites with Fire Red Hacked Engine:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=211535

(Step 5 is where the info you'll need comes up.)

Last edited:

link12552

decade club
Years
Frame Count

Thanks!

Edit:

Okay Here's what you do:

1. Go to the sprite you want to add frames to.
2. Export it, the original sprite, as a Sprite Library, making sure not to compress the sprite, if asked (File>Export>Export Sprite Library)
3. Change the frame number to 9, making sure not to copy frames (Edit>Preferences >"Secondary")
4. Re-import the Sprite Library you exported earlier, switch from "frame" to "All" and hit save(File>Import>Import Sprite Library
5. Proceed to editing your sprite ;)

Hope this works 4 u!

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2011
Hey, thanks for the help i solved the problem, but now i have another, while redesigning route 15 i believe, theres one spot in the map, which after you pass the game freezes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back