• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
Nice hack buddy.. played 3-4 times.. i need to know is there mamoswine in the hack?? my piloswine is level 57 still not evolved.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Nice hack buddy.. played 3-4 times.. i need to know is there mamoswine in the hack?? my piloswine is level 57 still not evolved.
"It evolves from Piloswine when leveled up while knowing AncientPower. It is the final evolution of Swinub."

Now, AncientPower is in the hack (added to games in Gen. II). So is Mamoswine. I don't know whether this is scripted in, but that could be the problem. In Generation III, Swinub/Piloswine do not learn the move naturally, but CAN learn it via Move Tutor. If there is no Move Tutor in the game, then it's impossible to evolve unless another method is at play.

Ash, what do you know of this? Can you check how it evolves and such?

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Ash, what do you know of this? Can you check how it evolves and such?
There are 2 sources saying that Mamoo is not in the game ;)

Source 1: My enormously awesome memory feature implemented in my brain. I remember adding Mamoswine into Sarcastic Prince's version as he wanted Mamoswine to be in the hack.
After the known circumstances, there was no idea about adding more Pokemon to Snake's version so Mamoswine is not present.

That should be enough but...

Source 2: http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/pokedex.html

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
And I just checked my list, which was derived from that. Why didn't I do that in the first place?

Well, since I've demonstrated that it cannot evolve, I have demonstrated the "why"; I just didn't know if wasn't programmed in somehow. LMAO

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It is possible to complete the pokedex here? Or you just will miss the starters that you dont choose?
I'm working on a document in tandem with playing and hope to make it possible to fully complete it. This could involve the addition of areas where the starters can be found, either rarely in existing areas or new areas off of a skipped Route 503 somewhere (which would need to be created by me).

I can tell you however that they won't be added to the Zhery region as it exists now; if they go in Zhery at all, they will be in unique areas not in the game yet. I have an idea for one near Seanport City as there's a lot of unfilled space in the middle of the loop there. Not likely in eastern Zhery as there's the snow area there.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
So I think I came across a glitch in the game.

I was heading from Pantem town into the next town that Team steam burns and I had just arrived it had its cutscene and I traveled up north where I was told I couldnt pass. Right after that occured I decided to go fishing with the first ROD you received next to the Team steam blockade. It lagged a bit and then froze with a blank message on the screen.

I created a save image in MyBOY! emulator..
If there is any possibility for you to reverse the error so I may continue from that point I would appreciate it GREATLY but it is not important I saved in Pantem town regardless.
I attached the save file for you to view. I also have a .st0 that came with the .png file if you need it.

I am really enjoying the story plot and event in the Rom patch you created its very fun and different than your typical Pokemon Game, your rom reminds me alot of events that would occur in the TV series. Great job team. =)

I also have one more question did you include a way to evolve Feebas with the stone it needs? I would like to evolve mine! Thanks again if anything email me or message me or reply if you need anything else!

View attachment 67965

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It is said that feebas evolves into milotic with the help of water stone....
This is true. The hint is the nearby Water Stone by the Lv.3 Feebas you catch at Marfeny Lake.

Regarding the glitch, where did you download from? That bug should not exist in the current version. Redownload from the topic post of this thread and try again there. You should be able to go into Esmereld City (that's the name) and start the sting operation. Though I've seen a report like yours being denied entry recently, too.

Cyclone

Years
This is true. The hint is the nearby Water Stone by the Lv.3 Feebas you catch at Marfeny Lake.

Regarding the glitch, where did you download from? That bug should not exist in the current version. Redownload from the topic post of this thread and try again there. You should be able to go into Esmereld City (that's the name) and start the sting operation. Though I've seen a report like yours being denied entry recently, too.

Cyclone

I think I possibly might have downloaded it from a Pokemon Hacks website wahack or something.
I have version 1.0 the complete version, lets assume for some reason I don't have the most current version can I still update to the latest patch version without losing any information I went back to my last known save and just continued. I also saved right before and tried the ROD again and the glitch didn't occur.

I downloaded the latest patch and just renamed my sav file and got it to work! thanks.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I think I possibly might have downloaded it from a Pokemon Hacks website wahack or something.
I have version 1.0 the complete version, lets assume for some reason I don't have the most current version can I still update to the latest patch version without losing any information I went back to my last known save and just continued. I also saved right before and tried the ROD again and the glitch didn't occur.

I downloaded the latest patch and just renamed my sav file and got it to work! thanks.
Glad you got it working! Make sure you only apply a patch to a CLEAN ROM, however; if you applied it over the existing, get a fresh Ruby and patch it, then use that. :)

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2013
What moves does Virizion learn in this hack? I finally got it and I'm wondering if it learns any grass move.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2013
Hey, just beaten Ash and now collecting all the legendary pokemon.
When I'm standing in front of Team Steam's massive building on the small island, there is a huge number of them standing around, blocking the entrance, not responding when I try to talk to them.
Do I have to do something special before they respond?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hey, just beaten Ash and now collecting all the legendary pokemon.
When I'm standing in front of Team Steam's massive building on the small island, there is a huge number of them standing around, blocking the entrance, not responding when I try to talk to them.
Do I have to do something special before they respond?
That's the same group scripted to be active for when you initially went there. There must be something keeping them turned on that is barring your access. Similarly, in my (current) copy, the events in Dardusk Woods have respawned.

I'm not sure if work can be done on those triggers by our Ash here, but he's waiting on me to finish my work before doing anything. I've been slow because I feel like leveling up everyone, but I only play so much a day. LMAO I think I'm going to quit after the next one hits 53, however, and just move on. Time to finish the maingame this week, job prospects depending.

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I'm not sure if work can be done on those triggers by our Ash here, but he's waiting on me to finish my work before doing anything. I've been slow because I feel like leveling up everyone, but I only play so much a day. LMAO I think I'm going to quit after the next one hits 53, however, and just move on. Time to finish the maingame this week, job prospects depending.
That's a question I cannot really answer... It will depend on my time when I get the copy from you...
Because these re-spawns are caused by flags and I would need to check every script and level script to see where the clearflag is or where the setflag is missing...

Jésrøñ bans

Dreams come true.....
Years
What moves does Virizion learn in this hack? I finally got it and I'm wondering if it learns any grass move.

Starter moves:-
1. Iron tail
2. Double kick
3. Take down
4. Rest

Lvl 42 superpower
Lvl 49 swords dance
Lvl 61 earthquake
After 61lvl it doesn't learn any moves.
Thats all..
Glad to help

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
should a new version will come any time soon or i should play this
Play this one! After all, anything done now will just be minor fixes like movement permissions, maybe flag fixes, etc. I might add a couple of Pokémon as well; Magby is on my plans, and Froslass is going in somewhere since it can't be evolved.

Cyclone

Jésrøñ bans

Dreams come true.....
Years
Play this one! After all, anything done now will just be minor fixes like movement permissions, maybe flag fixes, etc. I might add a couple of Pokémon as well; Magby is on my plans, and Froslass is going in somewhere since it can't be evolved.

Cyclone

Just go for it cyclone .
I'm just asking you if you can add gible,bagon,etc as they aren't in the current game...

Any help needed just ask for it..

Back