• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Crimson Skies (AUGUST 2016 DEMO 2.0, 30 HOURS LONG AND 7 GYMS)

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Since I am waiting for the Gen 6 Pack anyways, I decided to add some Hidden Grottos to my game! They will not be your typical Grotto, as they have special eggs in them. To see exactly how the grotto works, read the description on the youtube video.
Hidden Grotto Video

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Hmmm, I...I could have sworn I made that PWT script, and the scripts for that Battle System. Nah...I must be confusing them with something else, since I clearly didn't do any of those because I'm clearly not in the credits list. If giving credits is a hassle due to our, rather delicate, relationship: no problem man! You can always not use my work, and then not give any credit.

I'll download the game and provide you with all my "opinions/constructive criticism" in a bit. Luv ya! :*

Florio

Years
Hmmm, I...I could have sworn I made that PWT script, and the scripts for that Battle System. Nah...I must be confusing them with something else, since I clearly didn't do any of those because I'm clearly not in the credits list. If giving credits is a hassle due to our, rather delicate, relationship: no problem man! You can always not use my work, and then not give any credit.

I'll download the game and provide you with all my "opinions/constructive criticism" in a bit. Luv ya! :*

I updated the credits, didn't mean to leave you out on purpose. And might as well wait to download since I need to fix an error with learning new moves.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
cnc.png
I haven't been playing too much, will pick it back up tomorrow. I would be playing for longer, but don't have that much time tonight. Here are some of my opinions:
  • OW sprites, choppy compilation. I don't know if I was happy or sad when I got the running shoes. That animation is too choppy to be legit. You need to position those a bit better. Might take you a few seconds though...
  • Graphical consistency. You get a C- for that. You're using low saturation tiles for the OW and indoors, then jump to less shaded, high saturation tiles for the temple. Coupled with the highly saturated OWs...it just doesn't blend well together.
  • Spelling and grammar. It makes me cringe seeing (I'm assuming) an english speaker confuse "your" and "you're", and add apostrophes before every 's' (when the word is supposed to be just plural, and not possessive).
  • Also, Daisy's lab has to be the most boring lab ever. Which would make sense, concerning she has only two employees. How about using a tile that is something other than a regular house tile for that?
  • I also don't understand the spelling for most of these towns. Either split the names up into two words, or don't capitalize the letter of the second word.

b121d351611a7adfdfdaca2a44a6e943.png
Are we seriously packaging a demo like this? You need to think about your presentation. You want to leave a good impression. This leaves a sloppy one. It's nice to get rid of the useless trash files (that includes the PBS folder, the Gif to Png thing, all the txts, etc.)

I'll play more tomorrow, and come back with more feedback tomorrow, babe.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Spoiler:

I noticed that it seems as though you're choosing not to use any of my resources. The move I'm highlighting is baby-doll eyes, a fairy type move. You are lacking the proper resource for it, one that I gave to the gen 6 pack you are using.

Florio

Years
Spoiler:

I noticed that it seems as though you're choosing not to use any of my resources. The move I'm highlighting is baby-doll eyes, a fairy type move. You are lacking the proper resource for it, one that I gave to the gen 6 pack you are using.

I accidently replaced it at some point. Uploaded a patch with the fix.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
fIFASZF.jpg
[/IMG]
Just to report this bug/problem with Curse.
(Onix used Curse. it´s speed lowered, then this happened and then it´s attack and defense didn´t went up.)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 13, 2016
This game is AMAZING !!!!
Congrats to everyone that helped you make it and keep up the good work .
:):):):):):):):):):):)

Also is there a day/night system ? (i mean that the pokemon are different during day and different during the night at the same location )
And how to evolve pokemon that need trading ?
And when the foe's pokemon uses Gust it zooms on the foe's pokemon and not mine.

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Another 2 things:
-Sucker Punch doesn´t work correctly (similarly to Curse)
-Fletchinder doesn´t evolve (I have a lv38 one and I´m at the Ground Gym)

Florio

Years
This game is AMAZING !!!!
Congrats to everyone that helped you make it and keep up the good work .
:):):):):):):):):):):)

Also is there a day/night system ? (i mean that the pokemon are different during day and different during the night at the same location )
And how to evolve pokemon that need trading ?
And when the foe's pokemon uses Gust it zooms on the foe's pokemon and not mine.

There is day/night.
There is an Evolution NPC to help evolution.
That will be fixed later.

Another 2 things:
-Sucker Punch doesn´t work correctly (similarly to Curse)
-Fletchinder doesn´t evolve (I have a lv38 one and I´m at the Ground Gym)

Other errors are known but download patch to fix Fletchinder not evolving.

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2015
This is really good,just wanted to know how did you manage to do the battle angle animation?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 13, 2016
Another question, are there hidden items ? (the kind that you need an itemfinder to find)

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
The second trainer of Sandy Cave (Camper Laura).
The game crashed when i sent my first pokemon (Gyarados w/Intimidate) vs her Trapinch.

The error said something about abilities that activate on the beggining of the battle.
(Can´t give more info or pics since I defeated her with another pokemon.)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I just downloaded this, I really like how you utilized the 6th gen 3d pokemon models during th ebattle scenes, but I have but one complaint; due to how pokemon essentials mirrors 5th gen mechanics and earlier, the 6th gen models lack the life we see in the actual 6th gen games. Granted pokemon essentials has it's limits, but at the very least it would be nice to see a pokemon move during an attack. Seeing the 3d models remain in the same pose throughout the battle even when it's supposed to be using a simple Scratch or Tackle honestly looks very weird.

Now as of yet I know pokemon essentials lacks all the animations for all moves as such I wouldn't expect all possible 3d model animations to be put to work if certain moves have a exclusive animation set in the 6th gen games, though it would be safe to assume one could recycle animations for most any move of a certain type. Beyond that I don't expect animations for all moves to be put in obviously.

If it is ever possible to include the animations for a pokemon performing a move in conjunction with the actual attack animation I hope that can be done, because seeing the 3d models alone looks to be a pretty big breakthrough on it's own. I'm eager to see if it'd be possible to make the pokemon more lively as they ought to be seen with these models.

Also if you're gonna have Eevee be catchable at the start of the game, at least lower it's catch rate.........There's a reason Eevee in the main games is reserved for a mid-to-late game acquisition because it's catch rate is so low you need at least ultra balls to get one and even then it's ridiculously difficult. If Eevee is to remain an early game, either improve it's catch rate or give the luxury ball a new effect to allow it to better catch pokemon that evolve via happiness since you have one luxury ball found out in the open before Treesap City.

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Well, finished the beta.
And there are some things I´d like to say:

-I like how you used 3d sprites that doesn´t make the game laggy.(That´s a problem Reborn had long time ago)
-Overall, the story is good. But I feel something off, can´t say exactly what right now.
-Mid-game megas is a nice touch, specially since the leaders have them too.
-An early GOOD legendary (non-post game) is good to have too. I was expecting as an early legendary something like Manaphy, the one you put is a lot better.

-Bug: I have a female Meowstic, but on the stats screen I see a Male one.
Also when using the abilityzer on it, the list shows the male´s abilities, but the one I´ve got was a correct one. (Replaced Keen eye w/ Competitive)

Overall, I really liked the beta.

Current Team:
Blaze (Typhlosion-m) Lv58
BirdJesus (Talonflame-m) Lv58
Kanon (Meowstic-f) Lv60
Gyakko (Gyarados-f) Lv60
Stella (Steelix-f) Lv58
Titania (Abomasnow-f) Lv57

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Just started playing...

Your rival says "I'll meet you infront of the forest." That's not supposed to be one word, just being nitpicky.

On Route 1, the Camper says "Camper: "Finished researching the rare footprints. It happend to be a rare Teddiursa footprint." Missing an E here...

Viktor says: "Take a glance at the Pokemon that I brought for you to chose from." I think this is choose?

I do like the Johto starters and the graphics, though!

Last edited:
Back