• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aerion [OOC + SU] Rated M

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
CarefulWetPaint is reserved.

Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers will sign up whether she likes it or not. I agree with Skymin that your character must be from Vanaheim because hergen dergen.

Heretostay, your updated sign up is noted. I hope to see it done soon. :D

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I have a feeling that the Knights of Eliklore are going to be a very lonely faction. :s

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
AW RED JUST JOIN ANYWAYS YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO DERGEN HERGEN LERGEN

you just need a vanaheim character. you need one.

Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers will sign up whether she likes it or not. I agree with Skymin that your character must be from Vanaheim because hergen dergen.
Too much Vanaheim already. :<

I have a feeling that the Knights of Eliklore are going to be a very lonely faction. :s
I have a feeling that the Mercenaries are going to be a very feminine faction. :s

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I'm working on a crass and semi-lewd male dwarf for the mercenaries. If that helps any. :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Ya'll a bunch of merc scum.

Except oh wait I can't actually call you that because my character is an amoral magician. :v

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Finished unless you tell me to add/change/delete something. x3

By the way, Rule 6 states that you don't accept reservations but you do accept reservations now. :P Where's my cookie?

Name:
Zara Serena Freya​

Female​

Side:​
Knights of Ekilore​

Weapon Preference:​
Primary Weapon: Longsword.
Secondary Weapon: Backsword​

Race:​
75% Elf, 25% Human (Father was full Elf, Mother was Half-Elf, Half-Human)​

Country of Origin:​
Ellessar​

Appearance:​
Zara's midnight black hair is cropped in a boyish cut, very reminiscent to Emma Watson. Her hair is straight and retains the same musical sheen that other elves seem to have, despite her being a quarter human. She retains pointed ears and the pale, almost moonlight skin that most elves in her father's family seem to share. No matter how much Zara spends time outside, she never seems to tan or even get facial blemishes, such as freckles or even scars. The scars bit annoys her because she worked hard to get as skilled as she is today and the fact that she has no scars makes it seem like she hasn't worked for her abilities. Zara has the same eye colour as her mother; a deep, emerald eyes that are often compressed due to the usual grin on her face. Zara wears no jewelry. Zara is often mistaken as a rather feminine looking male and doesn't mind keeping it that way until she speaks as she does have an obvious female voice, although it is not very high pitch.

Zara is taller than her father's 5'6 and her mother's 5'5, as she stands at an even 5'8. She is rather lean and thin, but her finely developed muscles show that she is not one of those girls who just drinks tea all day. No, she is a warrior and it shows from the way she walks to the way she fights. Her breasts are fairly small, even for her weight, considering that she has less body fat than most. She generally binds her breasts, which makes her look flat-chested. Her body is covered by a thin, yet versatile body armour that protects her from the elements. Her mother, someone who has a magic spark, charmed the armour so that it would protect her from most blows of sharp swords; although, if she gets hit constantly and in the same spot, she will be cut. The body armour is a mixture of the colours silver, black, white, and dark green, showcasing where she is from and where her father and her mother's grandmother was from. When speaking to the officials of Ellessar, she will wear an armour of the colours silver and black, just so that no one would get offended (although she would probably enjoy the looks on their faces). Her shoes are flats that allow her to move quickly and quietly. Like Zara's body armour, they have the same charm. Her swords are held on her belt with their own charm attached to it; a person who is not Zara cannot wield her swords.​

Personality:​
People either hate or love Zara. Zara likes to pretend that she is the most happiest, gullible, idiotic, and naive person that has ever existed. She plays the joker and is very charismatic. She generally lowers people's guards and make them underestimate her. It generally works well as she knows how to change her body language so that she seems to be incompetent in, well, everything. Feigning ignorance is one of her finely honed tools. She can be rather sarcastic, snarky, and have dry humour, even with the mask on. She likes to play with prefixes of words to try to change their meaning, such as "under/overwhelmed" and "whelmed" or "disaster" or "aster." While in the mask, she may let a few sparks of brilliance come out, but only to unnerve whoever she is trying to manipulate or show people that ought to think that she is competent that she is competent.

When Zara drops the jester mask, Zara is extremely intelligent and manipulative; although, not without a strong sense of morals. She follows the rules of the sword and other things she picked up from her journey that she found that she had a distaste to. She is still sarcastic, snarky, and has dry humour, but knows how to find weaknesses and make people bleed with just words alone. While she knows that she is a damn good at manipulating people and getting them to follow her, she is not arrogant enough to believe that she can manipulate everyone that comes her way (although she can try) and knows that she will likely be manipulated also.

Zara is a rather graceful loser to the opponent, but will hit herself hard when she loses. At times, she can have rather low self-esteem if she suffers from too many defeats. She always blames herself when she loses and tells herself that she could have found a way out if she had just been smarter. Zara is rather tough on herself and holds herself to high standards. When she doesn't meet those standards, Zara begins to train and study furiously.

She rarely, if ever, loses her temper and that is only when someone does something against the moral code she has, such as hitting a child or abusing your wife. While Zara knows that people rarely, if ever, care about people that do not directly involve them, she always tries to help people in need and if she personally can't, she will call in a favour and get that person help. Some people may call it noble, but Zara calls it decency.

All in all, Zara is a rather complex person.​

History:​
Zara was borne of the Elf James Palmer and the Half-Elf, Half-Human Gwendolyn Verrand. James and Gwendolyn were in Ellessar at the time as James was one of the peace ambassadors of Miracyia and Gwendolyn was the sister of one of the greatest swords master in all of Aerion. While Zara wasn't royalty, her family, particularly her father, had more political control than the average commoner, which allowed them to live fairly well compared to others as they lived in a rather nice embassy in Tallis.

Ever since she was three years old, while most children her age would be playing with other children or peacefully playing with "dollies", Zara was studying politics, learning how to use swords from her mother's brother, and how to use words in order to manipulate people. Morals and rules were near often beat into her while Zara was training with the sword. When she was not training, she was studying and learning how to direct conversations so that she could get the information she needed. Zara was practically hand-crafted to be the best weapon, physically and mentally, as she could be.

Even though the training was hard and she would often walk away frustrated when she couldn't understand something in politics, Zara loved training in every aspect. Zara especially loved to broaden her knowledge and even read about other things that she remained ignorant about on her own. Zara loved the proud feeling that emanated from her parents and uncle whenever she got a political fact right or when she got a technique right. The first time she managed to manipulate a conversation to benefit her at the age of six, Zara's parents threw a party for the four of them to celebrate.

When she got a bit older, around eight years old, Zara's parents started to teach her about deception and how useful it was to manipulate people. They also told her about defences that she needed to put up around herself so that no one could see her weaknesses. Zara's parents would send her off into the streets and have her lie to people about who she is and try to get them to do what she wanted. Since she was so young at the time, she succeeded well and still uses the deception lessons to this day.

When Zara was thirteen, she had never had a friend. James and Gwendolyn had kept her daughter a secret from the world as the best weapon was the card held in one's sleeves. While going to do her normal deception lessons, she met a few children her age that wanted to hang out with her. Believing that her character would not refuse, Zara accepted. She felt that it was weird that the kids were so carefree and didn't even work hard but ultimately enjoyed hanging out with them. When Zara stated that she had to leave, she was already out later than she usually was, they called her a friend and hoped that she would be able to see her again. Her heart warm, Zara went back home to find her parents upset and aghast that the reason why she was late was because she was hanging out with people her age. They banned her from ever speaking to the kids again and, for the first time, Zara felt resent towards her parents rise up inside her, although she hid it between her usual compliance.

At eighteen, Zara defeated Gwendolyn's brother for the first time while he was going all out. According to Gwendolyn's brother, Zara was considered a master swordsman. While Gwendolyn's brother still taught her some new tricks, he believed that they were near equals from then on. At that moment at time, Zara felt that she had enough of the strict laws her parents placed on her, Zara used everything her parents taught her to manipulate them into allowing her to become her own person. In order to keep the deception of James and Gwendolyn not having a child, Zara changed her name to the name she has today (yes, that means her name wasn't originally Zara). Zara started to travel through all of Rolsten.

While in other places, Zara had quite the adventure. She met Elves, Dwarfs, people in need, mercenaries, what others consider to be "scum," and helped a lot of people on her travels. Zara experienced the best and the worst of humanity first hand and although there was a lot of bad that mixed with the good, she enjoyed herself and her freedom. Some highlights from Zara's journey were saving a relative of Armand Terrin while they (meaning the relative) travelled through the Wilds; creating an information web with the so-called "scum" of the slums; gaining favours from potential allies; winning an underground sword tournament; and generally making friends or pissing people off. She made it back to James and Gwendolyn a few days before the present.

When they were choosing a representative of Ellessar, James had nominated her, not as his daughter (because, for reasons Zara didn't know, they were still pretending they didn't have a child), but as a master swordsman who had trained underneath Gwendolyn's brother for twelve years and was now considered equals to him. James also talked about how Zara saved a relative of the Voice. While they still had doubts about asking an unknown person for help, a letter came from Palaven, asking whether or not they had a Zara Freya in the city-state; the letter had the Voice's official seal. Now knowing that Zara really had, in fact, helped a relative of the Voice, they decided on sending her as a representative to Ekilore.​

RP Sample:​
Taken from my first post on Pokemon Trainer Academy because, I hope at least, my writing style has changed (for the better) during my death. Even though you guys have seen me RP before...​

Spoiler:

Other:​
Zara has a rare ability called the "Gift of Tongues" which allows her to automatically be fluent in a language if she hears it once; strictly human languages though. This gift is purely from her father's side of the family and is their bloodline. In the past, from a very long time ago, they used to be able to speak to animals, but the magic dwindled as time moved on and clans mixed.​

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Are spots still available? If they are, I'd like to reserve a spot. It's been a loooong time since I've RPed though, so I'm not sure whether the SU will be good enough >_>;;

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
-DeepImpact-, yes, you can be reserved. I'm sure your SU will be fine. Just do your best ;D

Michaela, I personally don't have a problem with the ability. If Supervegeta is okay with it, you can have it. Most countries speak the Common tongue anyway xP

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
This is a sort of heads up to everyone who's applying for positions in Aerion. I've noticed recently quite a bit of people applying for positions in the mercenaries, and perhaps not as much for the knights. Remember that as of now we have limited spots in each group, so not all of you may likely get accepted. Two characters have already been accepted, which means that (as of now, since we're going with 5 max, not including the GMs' characters) there are technically only three spots remaining there.

However, the knights have a bit more room at the moment, so while you haven't fully completed your SUs yet, I encourage some of you to try out for some of those spots, if you like. The story arcs for the two are both highly entertaining, I assure you!

Last edited:

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
This is a sort of heads up to everyone who's applying for positions in Aerion. I've noticed recently quite a bit of people applying for positions in the mercenaries, and perhaps not as much for the knights. Remember that as of now we have limited spots in each group, so not all of you may likely get accepted. Two characters have already been accepted, which means that (as of now, since we're going with 5 max) there are technically only three spots remaining there.

However, the knights have a bit more room at the moment, so while you haven't fully completed your SUs yet, I encourage some of you to try out for some of those spots, if you like. The story arcs for the two are both highly entertaining, I assure you!
I was wondering about that. So I'm assuming right in that the GM characters don't count towards the 5 player max?

Personally I thought the mercs would fit my character better given that she's sort of an anti-establishment person and could be considered an outlaw in several countries. I don't see any nation choosing her to be their emissary. XD

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
I'm quite possibly a knight-to-be if I get accepted for my horrible SU that I'm still doing. o-o;

By the way, when I saw "Gift of Tongues," I mean that she can talk to any animal that has a verbal language. >>; <<;

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
This is a sort of heads up to everyone who's applying for positions in Aerion. I've noticed recently quite a bit of people applying for positions in the mercenaries, and perhaps not as much for the knights. Remember that as of now we have limited spots in each group, so not all of you may likely get accepted. Two characters have already been accepted, which means that (as of now, since we're going with 5 max, not including the GMs' characters) there are technically only three spots remaining there.

Aww... But knights are so...so...good... >_>

Anyway, I'm about 3/4 done with my SU. I hope to have it up soonish. Hard to tell with the next few days approaching.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Yes, the 5 max will not include our own characters. So there are technically 3 slots open on the mercs and 4 on the knights.

@Michaela- Hmm...I'll have to discuss it with Raikiri, but I'm sort of against the whole 'talking to animals' concept. The ability to learn other languages in Aerion is already an impressive feat without adding in this. That's just me.

@Claire*- Alright, no worries. There's not too much of a rush. Although we are eager to begin, we're not likely to do so until probably the end of the week by my estimate, if that.

Also, if anyone else has any other questions, feel free to ask one of us, and we'll be happy to answer, whether by PM, VM, or here in the thread.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
@Michaela- Hmm...I'll have to discuss it with Raikiri, but I'm sort of against the whole 'talking to animals' concept. The ability to learn other languages in Aerion is already an impressive feat without adding in this. That's just me.

This pretty much sums up how I feel on the matter. I can accept knowing most, all if you really want to, the modern languages in Aerion. They are a couple ancient ones flying around that no character should know...because well they are ancient and even scholars barely understand them. But that's beside the point. Talking to animals...that's a no no. They are not going to be any dog, bear, wolf, or mystical creature whisperers in Aerion. :P

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
Strictly human, got it. :)

I am now done. :) I'll be sending you two a VM, though. >>; <<;

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I would have been more concerned about Michaela's character talking to demons than animals. d:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@MichaelatheUchiha- Raikiri and I just reviewed your SU. There's a few minor alterations we might want you to add.

The first involves this line:

"At sixteen, Zara defeated Gwendolyn's brother for the first time while he was going all out. According to Gwendolyn's brother, Zara was considered a master swordsman. While Gwendolyn's brother still taught her some new tricks, he believed that they were near equals from then on."

The idea of her being an equal to, as you put it, one of the greatest swordsmen in all of Aerion at 16 is pushing it just a bit. I would be happier if you were to change the age just a bit to make it more plausible. Perhaps 18? You may have to increase her age a bit for that. Hope that's not too big of a problem. The idea isn't that we don't want your characters to be powerful. On the contrary. Receiving a summons from the monks already entails you are among the strongest. But we still have to maintain some sort of plausibility.

The second problem really is something that could easily be added to the end of your history. If you can, please include specifically how she was summoned by the monks to Ekilore. Most likely she would be summoned as a representative of the Silver Authority in Ellessar, but I'll leave that up to you. No doubt her renown in helping the Voice in Palaven would attribute to that.

Fix up these things and we'll review your SU again. For now, you're pending.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
erbbllrdurrblr

He's not going to be from Vanaheim, he'll be from the Golden Islands or the elf land. But oh well. Expect my SU like, tomorrow or something.

Last edited:
Back