• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Sorry about the absence chumps, I've had no net for a week so i'll have to do a lot of reading!!

edit: turns out it wasn't a lot of reading. did you other dungeoners want to meet up with peperton and titan yet?

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Sorry about the absence chumps, I've had no net for a week so i'll have to do a lot of reading!!

edit: turns out it wasn't a lot of reading. did you other dungeoners want to meet up with peperton and titan yet?

I guess ShinyDiamond and I have to trow in some more events to bring the activity level back up.

Shiren just ripped Lucina's cloak from her body xD we'll bump into Pepperton I somehow keep having the urge to call her Severa and Titan after the short happening ^^ got any ideas how to meet?

Thanks for answering so quickly! I'm pretty sure I've got armor quality in check, it's the potions I'm not too sure of since Xenith (Rikuto's alchemist employee) has been doing alchemy for a good while longer than Rikuto's been forging.

I decided to change the health potions to weak, lesser, and average rank and will allow the players to decide how much that heals for now. On a side note I really think you, me, and ShinyDiamond should have a talk about this (prices and balancing although I probably don't really need to be included for the last one) some time in the future considering that I have the only merchant character here. I can't be pulling prices and effect strength numbers out of nothing.

Hmmm… well, if you have Facebook then we could PM you our names so that we can start a group chat there. If you don't or don't like the idea… then we can do it through PM's but it will take longer to answer. So… yeah c: which idea would you prefer?

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Apologies in advance, but I just had to make the really bad instagram joke.

When children rip clothing off of
teens and young adults.

JustImproperThings

#ShirenTheTerrible

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I guess ShinyDiamond and I have to trow in some more events to bring the activity level back up.

Shiren just ripped Lucina's cloak from her body xD we'll bump into Pepperton I somehow keep having the urge to call her Severa and Titan after the short happening ^^ got any ideas how to meet?
Well, if youre planning on finding the next floor teleport, we could meet there at the same time for the final boss?

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Hmmm… well, if you have Facebook then we could PM you our names so that we can start a group chat there. If you don't or don't like the idea… then we can do it through PM's but it will take longer to answer. So… yeah c: which idea would you prefer?

Whatever and whenever is most convenient for you two. I don't see SD on as often as you so I don't know if he has any issues with getting on PC or not so convenience is a primary factor. I'd rather keep it as in the future so that I can have time to get a list of things I want to discuss. Maybe I can also talk with Machomuu about it since he's got all that light novel knowledge.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Well, if youre planning on finding the next floor teleport, we could meet there at the same time for the final boss?

That sounds like a plan c: even though we won't fight the boss until everyone arrived d;

Whatever and whenever is most convenient for you two. I don't see SD on as often as you so I don't know if he has any issues with getting on PC or not so convenience is a primary factor. I'd rather keep it as in the future so that I can have time to get a list of things I want to discuss. Maybe I can also talk with Machomuu about it since he's got all that light novel knowledge.

Facebook would be convenient for both SD and me, since SD is more of facebook (usually for me) than on PokeCommunity c: I think i'll ask Machomuu about the price list in the light novel… if there was one because I certainly don't remember one in the anime :/

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Hey, I take it all the spots are full :p checking anyway, just in case.

Just a side note, what category would a bastard sword really fall under? I'm pretty sure it's other name is a one-and-a-half handed sword. Just to be awkward, and all.

Anyhow, nice job on the RP so far, and good luck with the rest of it, anyway.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Hey, I take it all the spots are full :p checking anyway, just in case.

Just a side note, what category would a bastard sword really fall under? I'm pretty sure it's other name is a one-and-a-half handed sword. Just to be awkward, and all.

Anyhow, nice job on the RP so far, and good luck with the rest of it, anyway.

Spots are full yes ^^;; but i'm gonna ask SD if we should open up 2 more spots because the activity level is very low.

Bastard sword falls under the category One-Handed sword c: since you don't exactly wield them with two hands plus they are not that heavy… I think.

Thanks c: I will contact you if SD agrees on opening up 2 more spots. If I don't contact you then that means he disagreed ^^

EDIT: C'mon guys~ post post post~ I'm not allowing this RP to die d;

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Bastard sword falls under the category One-Handed sword c: since you don't exactly wield them with two hands plus they are not that heavy…

From what I've seen in games a bastard sword is like the illegitimate child of a longsword and a greatsword, serving as a heavier than usual one handed sword but a lighter than usual two handed sword but able to be used as both. Unless you're strong, one handing one can be unwieldy.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
From what I've seen in games a bastard sword is like the illegitimate child of a longsword and a greatsword, serving as a heavier than usual one handed sword but a lighter than usual two handed sword but able to be used as both. Unless you're strong, one handing one can be unwieldy.
Yeah, generally Bastard Swords are wielded with two hands, and games usually make them two-handed weapons (that's how I've come to know them at least). I'd think a game that uses categories for its weapons, like Sword Art Online, I'd suspect it would be be Two-handed.

However, it's not completely uncommon for weapons to have unique skills of their own, and because there is a "Heaviness" stat on weapons, it's not too unlikely that one would be able to accommodate for one's strength parameter and be one handed, especially the Bastard Sword.

Also, Geras, I don't know if that pun was intentional, but I love you for it.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Yeah, generally Bastard Swords are wielded with two hands, and games usually make them two-handed weapons (that's how I've come to know them at least)... it's not too unlikely that one would be able to accommodate for one's strength parameter and be one handed, especially the Bastard Sword.

Eh, I think I've only really seen - or at least noticed - them in two games. There was a mod for Skyrim where they were two-handed, and in Baldur's Gate they were one-handed. Generally, though, that is exactly what they seem - halfway between a one and two handed sword - hence; one-and-a-half handed sword.

I agree with the strength thing. Probably two-handed, and one handed for some. Odd to sort of think about it with a fusion of real-life logic and modern game mechanics...

I also liked the pun. It was very... punny. Heh. Heheh. Ehhh, that was pretty awful... I guess I'll just leave now...

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
If somebody wants to interact with dotcom, he's sitting with his injuries in the dungeons. I want anyone to interact with me. :(

Sapphire Rose

Years
Alright then ^^;; bastard sword is a two-handed sword then. I was kinda doubting anyway because they appear to be quite heavy.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
This whole discussion over the bastard sword's weapon type is really reminding me of the Monkey Grip skill in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance/A2. For those that don't know, Monkey Grip allowed a character to wield Two-Handed Swords in one hand, but it definitely sounds like this skill could be modified for one and a half hand swords, like those without it use two hands, while those with it would use one hand. So, there's always that option if you wanted to look into that.

Talking about FFT has me wanting to inspire some attacks from that series (even if Nirvana's a long way from level 20). Parivir had some crazy sword moves that could translate pretty well, and there was also the Paladin, Fighter, Samurai, Dragoon, ugh I could go on for a while, so I'll stop.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
This whole discussion over the bastard sword's weapon type is really reminding me of the Monkey Grip skill in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance/A2. For those that don't know, Monkey Grip allowed a character to wield Two-Handed Swords in one hand, but it definitely sounds like this skill could be modified for one and a half hand swords, like those without it use two hands, while those with it would use one hand. So, there's always that option if you wanted to look into that.

Talking about FFT has me wanting to inspire some attacks from that series (even if Nirvana's a long way from level 20). Parivir had some crazy sword moves that could translate pretty well, and there was also the Paladin, Fighter, Samurai, Dragoon, ugh I could go on for a while, so I'll stop.
Holy- I was thinking the same thing! Heck, I was planning on mentioning it...though I don't quite remember the context of how it was going to be mentioned. I could see it being a unique skill for a player or a skill unique to certain/rare/legendary weapons.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
@machomuu: Lol, great minds and all that jazz. Yes, I just used the word jazz...

Also, just wanted to mention that the weapon I mention in my post that I will have posted in, like, 30 minutes is not really a good weapon, but it is unique. It is a weapon that scales when certain quest related items are used to reforge it, thus creating a completely different version. The end result of the weapon would take over 50 floors to achieve. Additionally it can not be empowered unlike most gear, which can have the +1, 2, or whatever number after the name.

Edit: Nirvana is heading straight to the Dungeon, so if anybody wants to run into him this would probably be the best time to plan it.

Last edited:

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Heh, I want to start on my SU now, if any spaces open up I'll want to snatch one up. Or, try to, anyway.

And, uh, just noticed this, and I'll comment on it because of reasons:
Also how does the balancing in this game even work if there are potions that can paralyze for an hour on the first floor? Some level 1 player gets their hands on one of those and gets a lucky sneak attack on some player who was unlucky enough not to take detection or battle healing and it's game over even if they're like level 50 or something.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to only have paralysis effect others if they're at a certain level of low health? Or effect them at different levels based on how high health they have, or level, something like that. Shiren beat that other guy up pretty badly, so it'd be easy to assume paralysis would have a pretty massive effect.

And just saying, I'm watching SAO, but haven't finished it. I'm on, like, episode... nine? But yeah, I don't know if I'm missing anything fundamental at all, game-wise, or if I could just get a hold of it from the RP alone. Still, though, no spoilers guise :p

Also, I'm guessing swavy rhymes with gravy. Therefore, it is automatically awesome. Because gravy.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
That post felt a little "Avatar: The Last Airbender" to me after writing it... Am I the only one getting that?

Back