• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think the only sort of mascot it'd be is a gimmicky one. I think the Pikachu clone will kind of keep that role, because... that's what the Pikachu clone is usually for. XD;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm actually there might be more than one, kind of like how there was Emolga and Cinccinooooo.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Ok...so I got to chat with a Nintendo employee yesterday and we got into a big Pokemon discussion. I kept trying to get hints out to see if she knew anything.

Commented on Xerneas and Yveltal. She simply smiled...I know she caught on.

Ended talking about a more broad topic of starters. I ask I wonder how many times we'll get Fire/Fighting. She chuckled and said "Oh, you'll be surprised."

Talked about a bunch of other Pokemon and eventually made it to Eevee. We talked a bit about Sylveon and she was dead set on hoping it was Dragon to complete the Special Type theory. She just smiled oddly when she said it.

I dunno...Nintendo rep may have been dropping hints?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
She's bluffing imo. If that were me I'd just smile related to that and try to fool people. :x Plus Fire/Fighting AGAIN is unlikely...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
She made it sound as if Fennekin will indeed be Fire/Fighting...oh well it's a good typing... just hope it be a special version of Infernape.

Slyveon being Dragon :3

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Ok...so I got to chat with a Nintendo employee yesterday and we got into a big Pokemon discussion. I kept trying to get hints out to see if she knew anything.

Commented on Xerneas and Yveltal. She simply smiled...I know she caught on.

Ended talking about a more broad topic of starters. I ask I wonder how many times we'll get Fire/Fighting. She chuckled and said "Oh, you'll be surprised."

Talked about a bunch of other Pokemon and eventually made it to Eevee. We talked a bit about Sylveon and she was dead set on hoping it was Dragon to complete the Special Type theory. She just smiled oddly when she said it.

I dunno...Nintendo rep may have been dropping hints?

Hm, that is a possibility. From what this person said it seems we won't be getting any more fire and fighting starters this gen anyway or he is another fire and fighting type which would be tiresome. She seems to have implied sylveon is dragon but i don't see how i that is possible but if nintendo says it then so be it. If she is telling the truth then that would be interesting info. Also where did you chat with a nintendo employee?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It matches the colours but there's got to be more to it. Even just smiling could get them into trouble I think?? idk any sort of hint, really. So I'd be not willingly jumping onto this bandwagon so quickly :x

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I honestly this this person was just messing with him. I dont think they'd be allowed to drop any real hints so Id take it all with a grain of salt tbh.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If it can't be leaked back to the corporate office, then they can drop hints as they want. She's told me about various events that they were hosting a few weeks before we'd learn of them in the internet. Even when it was a guy he'd tell me when certain things would go on sale and even let me look through their company's tablet to see sales and promotional events.

I'm sure she was playing with me, but she loves speculating as much as we do so she could have mixed truth into it just to keep us guessing.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im just the kind of person that I wont believe it until I see it, so that's my reaction to this as of now. I really hope Fennekin is not Fire/Fighting, its been done to death already. Its time for something different.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If it can't be leaked back to the corporate office, then they can drop hints as they want. She's told me about various events that they were hosting a few weeks before we'd learn of them in the internet. Even when it was a guy he'd tell me when certain things would go on sale and even let me look through their company's tablet to see sales and promotional events.

I'm sure she was playing with me, but she loves speculating as much as we do so she could have mixed truth into it just to keep us guessing.
Just by bringing it up, a crackdown might be on again to remind people not to drop information. Of course, if she was purposely giving false information...that might be their plan. In that case, Dragon is off of the Sylveon type possibilities.

And that's my second guess. I still think it's Ghost.

Cyclone

Years
Yeah I think it may be best to keep any info one gets on their own to themselves to avoid anyone getting in trouble...even if we are thirsty for information.

Anyways we got 19 (or is it 18 now for Japan?) days until Corocoro comes out. If it has any info the official website will likely update before, so let's just be patient (easier said than done).

Guy

just a guy
Years
Plus Fire/Fighting AGAIN is unlikely...
I wouldn't put it passed them to pull off another Fire/Fighting starter, but I have hope that with Fennekin things may turn out differently this time.

Anyways we got 19 (or is it 18 now for Japan?) days until Corocoro comes out. If it has any info the official website will likely update before, so let's just be patient (easier said than done).
Gosh, I hope there's something X and Y related in next month's issue. I think people are getting restless for some new information and are already tired of speculating the same things repeatedly.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I think this might possibly be another slow month and Im prepared for such. Id say do not expect a massive info dump any time soon. We literally got nothing last month, so Im not getting my hopes up. I do hope for something, Id like to know more about the region, see 1-2 Pokemon( I dont expect more honestly) and maybe some screenshots. It sounds kinda pessimistic but I dont want to expect much.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I think the only sort of mascot it'd be is a gimmicky one. I think the Pikachu clone will kind of keep that role, because... that's what the Pikachu clone is usually for. XD;

I don't think recent Pikachu clones have been the mascots of the series. Didn't those roles go to Lucario and Zoroark?

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I don't think recent Pikachu clones have been the mascots of the series. Didn't those roles go to Lucario and Zoroark?

yup, any next gen pokemon in a gen before it's gen movie always has the mascot example lucario is 4th gen but was the mascot for a movie in 3rd gen and then became the 4th gen's mascot.

Years
That's how I've seen it, no
rodent has been a mascot of a generation or movie since Minun and Plusle in the Deoxys movie where they appeared a lot which was the end of the Hoenn centered movies...
I hope the roddent will be a fire rodent if they pull a Gen II on us...and that Minun,Plusle, Pachirisu, and/or Emoga get evolutions.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Marill has never been the Gen 2 mascot; it was always Pichu. If Marill really was the Gen 2 mascot, then it wouldn't have been included in other regional dexes past Gen 2 (Plusle Minun never appeared in Sinnoh's dex, and Pachirisu never appeared in BW2's Unova dex neither).

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
That's how I've seen it, no
rodent has been a mascot of a generation or movie since Minun and Plusle in the Deoxys movie where they appeared a lot which was the end of the Hoenn centered movies...
I hope the roddent will be a fire rodent if they pull a Gen II on us...and that Minun,Plusle, Pachirisu, and/or Emoga get evolutions.

I think that's because a main character has owned Pacharisu and Emolga, and it would get confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back