< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Create & Discover > Game Development Screenshot/Music Showcase

Notices

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Reply Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1801    
Old October 17th, 2015 (1:13 PM).
desbrina's Avatar
desbrina desbrina is online now
Lightning Yellow Creator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 617
Just some side stuff i've been playing with
The party screen isn't totally finished



Creator of


A Pokemon Yellow remake, using HGSS Tiles, and the ability to obtain all Kanto Pokemon as well as their previous/later evolutions.

Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #1802    
Old October 19th, 2015 (6:55 PM).
Worldslayer608's Avatar
Worldslayer608 Worldslayer608 is offline
ಥдಥ
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 885
Oldie, But Goodie.
This screenshot is nearing 7 years old, and I wanted to share it as a fun throw back. It is crazy to look back at where my stuff was at that time.




SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...
Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Reply With Quote
  #1803    
Old October 24th, 2015 (11:51 PM).
Worldslayer608's Avatar
Worldslayer608 Worldslayer608 is offline
ಥдಥ
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 885
Big Fun!
Nothing special at all, just a couple imported models into Unity. I have scripted a basic player for Brendan in C# and he is moving around and jumping, but I have not fleshed out the animations yet - I wanted to work on that this weekend a bit as well as mess with some of the nodes.




SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...
Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Reply With Quote
  #1804    
Old October 25th, 2015 (8:43 AM).
TBM_Christopher's Avatar
TBM_Christopher TBM_Christopher is offline
Semi-pro Game Dev
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lincoln, NE
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldslayer608 View Post
Big Fun!
Nothing special at all, just a couple imported models into Unity. I have scripted a basic player for Brendan in C# and he is moving around and jumping, but I have not fleshed out the animations yet - I wanted to work on that this weekend a bit as well as mess with some of the nodes.

Very cool! I was playing around with this and posted a playable web demo a while ago(I.. think in this thread, actually) where I just enabled a model of the male XY protagonist to wander around. Unity's animation system has gotten a lot better lately. Have you tried experimenting with shader effects on that Primal Groudon model? You could probably get the magma in the markings to bubble dynamically if you do a little bit of editing on it.


Reply With Quote
  #1805    
Old October 25th, 2015 (9:18 AM).
Worldslayer608's Avatar
Worldslayer608 Worldslayer608 is offline
ಥдಥ
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBM_Christopher View Post
Very cool! I was playing around with this and posted a playable web demo a while ago(I.. think in this thread, actually) where I just enabled a model of the male XY protagonist to wander around. Unity's animation system has gotten a lot better lately. Have you tried experimenting with shader effects on that Primal Groudon model? You could probably get the magma in the markings to bubble dynamically if you do a little bit of editing on it.
I had just started playing with Unity and Blender yesterday, unfortunately Blender has a number of missing bones for these models that need to be replaced - either that or I need to figure out 3DS Max, which seemed a bit more challenging for me.

I have not dabbled into shader effects to really try and get them functioning just yet. My primary focus was on establishing project structure, importing objects, basic C#, and now rigging and animating. Shaders will come in due time, but I did not see it as being that high on my priority list atm. It was something I wanted to focus on though, which is why I chose to use Primal Groudon so I have it for later. I am always down for some tips, advice, or educational assistance .



SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...
Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Reply With Quote
  #1806    
Old October 25th, 2015 (9:28 AM).
Deouen's Avatar
Deouen Deouen is offline
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada, BC
Posts: 365
Just realized I haven't posted any screenshots of Tyrian in a while. Let's fix that.



I'll post a thread here at some point.

My Essentials/RPGXP Resources
Relic Castle Community
A great Pokémon fan game community -- resources, critique, and events!
Reply With Quote
  #1807    
Old October 25th, 2015 (7:10 PM).
TBM_Christopher's Avatar
TBM_Christopher TBM_Christopher is offline
Semi-pro Game Dev
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lincoln, NE
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldslayer608 View Post
I had just started playing with Unity and Blender yesterday, unfortunately Blender has a number of missing bones for these models that need to be replaced - either that or I need to figure out 3DS Max, which seemed a bit more challenging for me.

I have not dabbled into shader effects to really try and get them functioning just yet. My primary focus was on establishing project structure, importing objects, basic C#, and now rigging and animating. Shaders will come in due time, but I did not see it as being that high on my priority list atm. It was something I wanted to focus on though, which is why I chose to use Primal Groudon so I have it for later. I am always down for some tips, advice, or educational assistance .
If you want to save yourself a bit of hassle on the rigging and animation, all of the XYORAS models seem to be well-weighted - just create the animations in Unity's Animation Editor instead of Blender or 3DS Max using the transform data for each anchor point in the Inspector.

If you ever need to pick my brain on something on this subject, feel free to drop me a line - UNITE is going fairly smoothly so far and is likely to be approaching a point where its battle system could be something usable soon.


Reply With Quote
  #1808    
Old October 31st, 2015 (5:38 AM).
Rayquaza.'s Avatar
Rayquaza. Rayquaza. is offline
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 655
Happy Halloween Peeps!



Reply With Quote
  #1809    
Old November 13th, 2015 (12:48 PM).
TBM_Christopher's Avatar
TBM_Christopher TBM_Christopher is offline
Semi-pro Game Dev
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lincoln, NE
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 429
Not quite as thrilling to some folks as my Unity screenshots, but here's a screenshot dump I made for Pokemon Chromatic.


Reply With Quote
  #1810    
Old December 29th, 2015 (4:08 PM).
lilbluedemon's Avatar
lilbluedemon lilbluedemon is offline
Cuteness from the underworld!
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 74


Working on something that's in the Mother 3 style ~

Credit to the members of Spriter's Resource for the tile rips
Reply With Quote
  #1811    
Old January 1st, 2016 (5:08 AM).
Savordez's Avatar
Savordez Savordez is offline
How does my profile have over 700 views like seriously
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: dunno
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 102
Decided to combine two of my favorite things together, and it turned out to be pretty interesting.

A video's better than a screenshot, right?
Reply With Quote
  #1812    
Old January 1st, 2016 (10:07 AM).
Rot8er_ConeX's Avatar
Rot8er_ConeX Rot8er_ConeX is offline
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Dissa Region
Gender: Male
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savordez View Post
Decided to combine two of my favorite things together, and it turned out to be pretty interesting.

A video's better than a screenshot, right?
I've never seen much of Undertale, but that was kinda funny. Are you planning on making a full-fledged game out of this?
Features of Pokemon Entropy

The black circular "doodles" in my avatar are actually my username written in Gallifreyan. Yes I'm a Whovian.
Reply With Quote
  #1813    
Old January 3rd, 2016 (10:34 AM).
lilbluedemon's Avatar
lilbluedemon lilbluedemon is offline
Cuteness from the underworld!
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savordez View Post
Decided to combine two of my favorite things together, and it turned out to be pretty interesting.

A video's better than a screenshot, right?
That's amazing, it's everything a Sans and Papyrus cameo needs.



Finished the text and textbox for my Mother Styled Game.
Reply With Quote
  #1814    
Old January 11th, 2016 (12:18 PM).
Borbland Borbland is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Posts: 6
So I decided to create a fangame, but since I'm a complete noob with RMXP and Essentials, I thought it was a good idea to create the region map while learning the rest

The region map is supposed to be really mountainy and have no sea. Also, it is in DPPt style, don't know why it is never used.

So here's Yurope (intended reference is intended):
Reply With Quote
  #1815    
Old January 19th, 2016 (6:48 PM).
Bill Cipher's Avatar
Bill Cipher Bill Cipher is offline
Call me Fuxydia~!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borbland View Post
So I decided to create a fangame, but since I'm a complete noob with RMXP and Essentials, I thought it was a good idea to create the region map while learning the rest

The region map is supposed to be really mountainy and have no sea. Also, it is in DPPt style, don't know why it is never used.

So here's Yurope (intended reference is intended):
All I can really say is, the routes seem kind of long, espcially the ones between the two L shaped towns. Would you be able to grab a bike and just straight-cycle to those towns?



Something I am working on. A more modern looking FRLG, while using FRLG's Art Style.
Story will be more developed too.

Anyway, this is Route 1, where the berry tree is near the Gatehouse.
S P O O P - A - T R O O P ! ! !
Reply With Quote
  #1816    
Old January 20th, 2016 (12:10 PM).
BadSamaritan's Avatar
BadSamaritan BadSamaritan is offline
Gone Fishin'
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a galaxy far away...
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Cipher View Post


Something I am working on. A more modern looking FRLG, while using FRLG's Art Style.
Story will be more developed too.

Anyway, this is Route 1, where the berry tree is near the Gatehouse.
A bit of a style/premise mismatch imo. Firstly a game not-intended to have a dual screen having one, but then secondly using BW's graphics with it.

That's not to say it can't work, as it certainly can. I feel like firstly, it would help big time to only use colors from a GBA pallete, just to set the tone. But stylistically, I myself would like to see maybe a reskin of an actual r/s/e/fr/lg menu in the c-gear format, to truly make it fit.

For instance the pokenav menu from R/S/E has a very technological esque style that would not be out of place for the menu. Otherwise FRLG has the fame checker menu you could try.

But those are just suggestions, I'm interested to see how it evolves no matter what you do with it

Demo coming August 20!
Reply With Quote
  #1817    
Old January 21st, 2016 (6:53 PM).
Bill Cipher's Avatar
Bill Cipher Bill Cipher is offline
Call me Fuxydia~!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSamaritan View Post
A bit of a style/premise mismatch imo. Firstly a game not-intended to have a dual screen having one, but then secondly using BW's graphics with it.

That's not to say it can't work, as it certainly can. I feel like firstly, it would help big time to only use colors from a GBA pallete, just to set the tone. But stylistically, I myself would like to see maybe a reskin of an actual r/s/e/fr/lg menu in the c-gear format, to truly make it fit.

For instance the pokenav menu from R/S/E has a very technological esque style that would not be out of place for the menu. Otherwise FRLG has the fame checker menu you could try.

But those are just suggestions, I'm interested to see how it evolves no matter what you do with it


Re-doing the bottom screen.
Using PokéNav Graphics for it, but adding a map on the bottom screen.
It doesn't work yet, but what I have planned is the player's head will move depending on the location, and display text, which will be the player's location.

So, in this shot, it would say "Viridian City"
S P O O P - A - T R O O P ! ! !
Reply With Quote
  #1818    
Old February 25th, 2016 (1:53 PM).
COOLTRAINER♂'s Avatar
COOLTRAINER♂ COOLTRAINER♂ is online now
Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 199


Figured out how to write a cel shader in Unity that uses two maps to control the color of lit and shaded areas.
Reply With Quote
  #1819    
Old February 25th, 2016 (10:04 PM).
Chaos Rush's Avatar
Chaos Rush Chaos Rush is offline
im sexy and i know it
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Taylor Swift
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 1,296
I've been working on a Pokemon engine in GameMaker Studio on-and-off since June:

My projects:
Untitled Pokémon fangame (pictured above) | Final Fantasy II NES retranslation | Mother 1/EarthBound Beginnings Color Restoration for GBA
Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Reply With Quote
  #1820    
Old February 27th, 2016 (12:19 AM).
COOLTRAINER♂'s Avatar
COOLTRAINER♂ COOLTRAINER♂ is online now
Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 199

More shader progress.
Reply With Quote
  #1821    
Old February 29th, 2016 (1:20 PM).
Mutant Yoshi Mutant Yoshi is offline
 
Join Date: May 2014
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savordez View Post
Decided to combine two of my favorite things together, and it turned out to be pretty interesting.

A video's better than a screenshot, right?
Funny how I ended up doing this before I discovered this video's existence.

Though now that I think about it, should he really have a full team or a single Pokemon?
Reply With Quote
  #1822    
Old March 7th, 2016 (9:02 AM).
Twiggy's Avatar
Twiggy Twiggy is offline
You like dragons?
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Plushies.
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Posts: 5,664
While my game certainly isn't remotely ready visually-speaking, at least I can share a piece of music for you guys! (Judging from the thread's name, music is OK, no?)

Click here. It's a sketch for now, but I think I'm going to convert it to WAV and make use of it in the actual game soon.

(Beepbox is actually pretty easy-to-use for quickie music creation in NES-style!)
Twiggy is dead. He was the Werewolf.

"I'm a Wolfy Dogwyvern!"

#ONEderground
The Underground's 1st Anniversary Collab

TwigZone I tweet!
Reply With Quote
  #1823    
Old March 7th, 2016 (9:29 PM).
HamishG12 HamishG12 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 2
Heres a little something I have been working on for a while, just wanting to no what you guys think.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshots.png
Views:	46
Size:	508.5 KB
ID:	78196
Reply With Quote
  #1824    
Old March 8th, 2016 (5:58 PM).
Rot8er_ConeX's Avatar
Rot8er_ConeX Rot8er_ConeX is offline
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Dissa Region
Gender: Male
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamishG12 View Post
Heres a little something I have been working on for a while, just wanting to no what you guys think.Attachment 78196
On the file-select screen, you might want to do something to the background. The text is hard to read over the Shadow Ball or whatever that is.
Features of Pokemon Entropy

The black circular "doodles" in my avatar are actually my username written in Gallifreyan. Yes I'm a Whovian.
Reply With Quote
  #1825    
Old March 30th, 2016 (10:40 AM). Edited March 30th, 2016 by LMB10.
LMB10's Avatar
LMB10 LMB10 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 88
Here are some very early screenshots from a project I'm working on.

Reply With Quote
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:34 AM.


Contact Us Archive Privacy Statement Terms of Service Top