< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Create & Discover > Game Development Screenshot/Music Showcase

Notices

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Reply Post Reply

Old October 17th, 2015 (1:13 PM).
Lightning Yellow Creator

Nature: Quiet
Just some side stuff i've been playing with
The party screen isn't totally finished

Creator of

A Pokemon Yellow remake, using HGSS Tiles, and the ability to obtain all Kanto Pokemon as well as their previous/later evolutions.

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 19th, 2015 (6:55 PM).
ಥдಥ
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
Oldie, But Goodie.
This screenshot is nearing 7 years old, and I wanted to share it as a fun throw back. It is crazy to look back at where my stuff was at that time.

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...
Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Old October 24th, 2015 (11:51 PM).
ಥдಥ
Silver Tier

Big Fun!
Nothing special at all, just a couple imported models into Unity. I have scripted a basic player for Brendan in C# and he is moving around and jumping, but I have not fleshed out the animations yet - I wanted to work on that this weekend a bit as well as mess with some of the nodes.

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION
Old October 25th, 2015 (8:43 AM).
Semi-pro Game Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldslayer608 View Post
Big Fun!
Nothing special at all, just a couple imported models into Unity. I have scripted a basic player for Brendan in C# and he is moving around and jumping, but I have not fleshed out the animations yet - I wanted to work on that this weekend a bit as well as mess with some of the nodes.

Very cool! I was playing around with this and posted a playable web demo a while ago(I.. think in this thread, actually) where I just enabled a model of the male XY protagonist to wander around. Unity's animation system has gotten a lot better lately. Have you tried experimenting with shader effects on that Primal Groudon model? You could probably get the magma in the markings to bubble dynamically if you do a little bit of editing on it.

Old October 25th, 2015 (9:18 AM).
ಥдಥ
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBM_Christopher View Post
Very cool! I was playing around with this and posted a playable web demo a while ago(I.. think in this thread, actually) where I just enabled a model of the male XY protagonist to wander around. Unity's animation system has gotten a lot better lately. Have you tried experimenting with shader effects on that Primal Groudon model? You could probably get the magma in the markings to bubble dynamically if you do a little bit of editing on it.
I had just started playing with Unity and Blender yesterday, unfortunately Blender has a number of missing bones for these models that need to be replaced - either that or I need to figure out 3DS Max, which seemed a bit more challenging for me.

I have not dabbled into shader effects to really try and get them functioning just yet. My primary focus was on establishing project structure, importing objects, basic C#, and now rigging and animating. Shaders will come in due time, but I did not see it as being that high on my priority list atm. It was something I wanted to focus on though, which is why I chose to use Primal Groudon so I have it for later. I am always down for some tips, advice, or educational assistance .

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION
Old October 25th, 2015 (9:28 AM).
Gold Tier

Just realized I haven't posted any screenshots of Tyrian in a while. Let's fix that.

I'll post a thread here at some point.

My Essentials/RPGXP Resources
Relic Castle Community
A great Pokémon fan game community -- resources, critique, and events!
Old October 25th, 2015 (7:10 PM).
Semi-pro Game Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldslayer608 View Post
I had just started playing with Unity and Blender yesterday, unfortunately Blender has a number of missing bones for these models that need to be replaced - either that or I need to figure out 3DS Max, which seemed a bit more challenging for me.

I have not dabbled into shader effects to really try and get them functioning just yet. My primary focus was on establishing project structure, importing objects, basic C#, and now rigging and animating. Shaders will come in due time, but I did not see it as being that high on my priority list atm. It was something I wanted to focus on though, which is why I chose to use Primal Groudon so I have it for later. I am always down for some tips, advice, or educational assistance .
If you want to save yourself a bit of hassle on the rigging and animation, all of the XYORAS models seem to be well-weighted - just create the animations in Unity's Animation Editor instead of Blender or 3DS Max using the transform data for each anchor point in the Inspector.

If you ever need to pick my brain on something on this subject, feel free to drop me a line - UNITE is going fairly smoothly so far and is likely to be approaching a point where its battle system could be something usable soon.

Old October 31st, 2015 (5:38 AM).
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant
Happy Halloween Peeps!

Old November 13th, 2015 (12:48 PM).
Semi-pro Game Dev

Not quite as thrilling to some folks as my Unity screenshots, but here's a screenshot dump I made for Pokemon Chromatic.

Old December 29th, 2015 (4:08 PM).
Cuteness from the underworld!

Working on something that's in the Mother 3 style ~

Credit to the members of Spriter's Resource for the tile rips
Old January 1st, 2016 (5:08 AM).
How does my profile have over 700 views like seriously

Nature: Relaxed
Decided to combine two of my favorite things together, and it turned out to be pretty interesting.

A video's better than a screenshot, right?
Old January 1st, 2016 (10:07 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savordez View Post
Decided to combine two of my favorite things together, and it turned out to be pretty interesting.

I've never seen much of Undertale, but that was kinda funny. Are you planning on making a full-fledged game out of this?
Features of Pokemon Entropy

The black circular "doodles" in my avatar are actually my username written in Gallifreyan. Yes I'm a Whovian.
Old January 3rd, 2016 (10:34 AM).
Cuteness from the underworld!

Quote:

That's amazing, it's everything a Sans and Papyrus cameo needs.

Finished the text and textbox for my Mother Styled Game.
Old January 11th, 2016 (12:18 PM).

Nature: Careful
So I decided to create a fangame, but since I'm a complete noob with RMXP and Essentials, I thought it was a good idea to create the region map while learning the rest

The region map is supposed to be really mountainy and have no sea. Also, it is in DPPt style, don't know why it is never used.

So here's Yurope (intended reference is intended):
Old January 19th, 2016 (6:48 PM).
Call me Fuxydia~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borbland View Post
So I decided to create a fangame, but since I'm a complete noob with RMXP and Essentials, I thought it was a good idea to create the region map while learning the rest

The region map is supposed to be really mountainy and have no sea. Also, it is in DPPt style, don't know why it is never used.

So here's Yurope (intended reference is intended):
All I can really say is, the routes seem kind of long, espcially the ones between the two L shaped towns. Would you be able to grab a bike and just straight-cycle to those towns?

Something I am working on. A more modern looking FRLG, while using FRLG's Art Style.
Story will be more developed too.

Anyway, this is Route 1, where the berry tree is near the Gatehouse.
S P O O P - A - T R O O P ! ! !
Old January 20th, 2016 (12:10 PM).
Gone Fishin'

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Cipher View Post

Something I am working on. A more modern looking FRLG, while using FRLG's Art Style.
Story will be more developed too.

Anyway, this is Route 1, where the berry tree is near the Gatehouse.
A bit of a style/premise mismatch imo. Firstly a game not-intended to have a dual screen having one, but then secondly using BW's graphics with it.

That's not to say it can't work, as it certainly can. I feel like firstly, it would help big time to only use colors from a GBA pallete, just to set the tone. But stylistically, I myself would like to see maybe a reskin of an actual r/s/e/fr/lg menu in the c-gear format, to truly make it fit.

For instance the pokenav menu from R/S/E has a very technological esque style that would not be out of place for the menu. Otherwise FRLG has the fame checker menu you could try.

But those are just suggestions, I'm interested to see how it evolves no matter what you do with it

Demo coming August 20!
Old January 21st, 2016 (6:53 PM).
Call me Fuxydia~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSamaritan View Post
A bit of a style/premise mismatch imo. Firstly a game not-intended to have a dual screen having one, but then secondly using BW's graphics with it.

That's not to say it can't work, as it certainly can. I feel like firstly, it would help big time to only use colors from a GBA pallete, just to set the tone. But stylistically, I myself would like to see maybe a reskin of an actual r/s/e/fr/lg menu in the c-gear format, to truly make it fit.

For instance the pokenav menu from R/S/E has a very technological esque style that would not be out of place for the menu. Otherwise FRLG has the fame checker menu you could try.

But those are just suggestions, I'm interested to see how it evolves no matter what you do with it

Re-doing the bottom screen.
Using PokéNav Graphics for it, but adding a map on the bottom screen.
It doesn't work yet, but what I have planned is the player's head will move depending on the location, and display text, which will be the player's location.

So, in this shot, it would say "Viridian City"
S P O O P - A - T R O O P ! ! !
Old February 25th, 2016 (1:53 PM).
Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe

Figured out how to write a cel shader in Unity that uses two maps to control the color of lit and shaded areas.
Old February 25th, 2016 (10:04 PM).
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
I've been working on a Pokemon engine in GameMaker Studio on-and-off since June:

My projects:
Untitled Pokémon fangame (pictured above) | Final Fantasy II NES retranslation | Mother 1/EarthBound Beginnings Color Restoration for GBA
Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old February 27th, 2016 (12:19 AM).
Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe

More shader progress.
Old February 29th, 2016 (1:20 PM).

Nature: Timid
Quote:

Funny how I ended up doing this before I discovered this video's existence.

Though now that I think about it, should he really have a full team or a single Pokemon?
Old March 7th, 2016 (9:02 AM).
You like dragons?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Hasty
While my game certainly isn't remotely ready visually-speaking, at least I can share a piece of music for you guys! (Judging from the thread's name, music is OK, no?)

Click here. It's a sketch for now, but I think I'm going to convert it to WAV and make use of it in the actual game soon.

(Beepbox is actually pretty easy-to-use for quickie music creation in NES-style!)
Twiggy is dead. He was the Werewolf.

"I'm a Wolfy Dogwyvern!"

#ONEderground
The Underground's 1st Anniversary Collab

TwigZone I tweet!
Old March 7th, 2016 (9:29 PM).

Heres a little something I have been working on for a while, just wanting to no what you guys think.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshots.png
Views:	46
Size:	508.5 KB
ID:	78196
Old March 8th, 2016 (5:58 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamishG12 View Post
Heres a little something I have been working on for a while, just wanting to no what you guys think.Attachment 78196
On the file-select screen, you might want to do something to the background. The text is hard to read over the Shadow Ball or whatever that is.
Features of Pokemon Entropy

The black circular "doodles" in my avatar are actually my username written in Gallifreyan. Yes I'm a Whovian.
Old March 30th, 2016 (10:40 AM). Edited March 30th, 2016 by LMB10.

Here are some very early screenshots from a project I'm working on.

Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links