• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
I found 1 more bug:

I did this tutorial when it was night but the battle scenario turned to morning at the ending of the tutorial
10h50jt.png

And 2 little things, the player can use the Bicycle inside the Olivine Lighthouse in this hack and he couldnt in Crystal will this change?
The HP of all Pokemon is restored after the Team Rocket event in Azalea in Crystal in this hack its not tho

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
where is the update download link? did you fix town map & phone calls?
He's currently working on Shining Opal, so I don't know if he's planning a quickie bugfix release based on things reported as yet. Nonetheless, once Shining Opal comes out, it'd be nice to see a version 2.1, and then working on Kanto for beta 3.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hey btw Kurt can make multiple balls in a day in Crystal if you bring Apricorns of the same colour in this hack we cant do that though
Can confirm. I just got 10 Level Balls the other day in SS.

Cyclone

Years
Taken from Bulbapedia:
In HeartGold, SoulSilver, and Crystal, he allows players to give him multiples of one kind of Apricorn, resulting in gaining more than one of his special Poké Balls per day.

I Tested Crystal Usa release with GBCoid on my Android and got 2 fast balls in a day after giving 2 white apricorns

Does that means he will make only one ball per day?
He makes 1 ball per day in Gold n Silver and the same happens in this hack but this hack is a remake of Crystal and as i said in Crystal you get more than 1 balls in a day if you give apricorns of the same colour.

Hey btw in Crystal in Dark Cave you get a Hyper Potion in this position in your hack you get a Super Potion
v6j9j6.jpg
zmh8w3.png

And a question can we get Shuckle with Rock Smash like in Crystal so far i only get Krabbys

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2013
how to patch my pokemon crystal dust without "new game"? because i want to continue my game, when i patch it i cannot continue my game :(, i can only see "new game" :((

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Holy crap. ElitePokes, that is just awesome what you've done.
I've never had anyone go through the game so meticulously, pointing out things I never would have noticed.
And for that:
z6Ywt.png

Please note that I have edited out the bug reports from ElitePokes' posts and that they have all been fixed and uploaded. Again, thanks, ElitePokes!
Lol ok then :P
Thanks for the fix ill download the patch and go to sleep xD

Edit:

Well hello i played up to ecruteak city and got some more questions for some things

In the outside area of the daycare house there was no pokemon OWs where the daycare couple keep the players pokemon when you dont give them any pokemon to raise for you and an ow of the pokemon or 2 of them would appear when you let them keep a pokemon or two to raise them for you
In this hack there are always 3 pokemon OWs outside of the house and they are not the players pokemon will that change in the future?
Also you could go there in crystal and you could use surf and find a hidden item

There's simply no feasible way of having your actual Pokémon overworld sprites appear there. Instead, I opted for the 3rd gen method of doing it where random other Pokémon would appear there instead. Also, I guess the hidden item will either move or just not be there; it's honestly not as important as having everything else work right.

The other thing is that wild Growlithe can hold a burnt berry in crystal that cures freezing and in this hack they hold a rawst berry that cures a burn condition. (they hold a rawst berry in emerald too so maybe this need to change to make the hack more crystal like)

This is not really the type of change I want to make. If I were to change such small details, especially when it's for every single Pokémon, it starts to be a real hassle.

Edit 2:

Do badges boost pokemon stats some gym leaders tell me that the badge they gave me boosts a certain stat but i cant tell if my stats changed i was wondering the same for the official games

All of them but one, I believe, do what they say. I would have changed that one, but I don't know how that's decided. For now, it's the same as in Emerald.

Do Raikou and Entei Roam Johto and if not is it possible to have them do that?
In Emerald Latios and Latias can roam the region so i think its somehow possible to make the 2 legendery dogs roam Johto

For the moment, the legendary beasts do not roam the region. I should have this figured out for Beta 3, though.
Responses in bold.
Also, there is one thing to consider in this remake. He may add Pokémon to some areas that are not found anywhere else in the game. Don't rule out this possibility; if the Pokémon you don't recognize in an area is not found ANYWHERE in the original game, leave it be. It's there because we can't trade from our emulators. That's it. :) My guess is this will happen more in Kanto and not Johto (unless it's in the 152-251 group).

Cyclone
This is not the case for this area, or any area. Any Pokémon you find that aren't supposed to be there are glitches and I would be thankful if they were reported. :)
Just a button that makes a sound in goldenrods market i wonder if you add it :P
i3i1bp.png

No, it's not even worth it to make that.

This is the mail from the spearow you get to give to a fat guy who gives you the NIGHTMARE TM in cd you get a letter but cant read it will this change in the future?
35cj5n5.png

In fact, you do get to "read" it; once you deliver the message, the guy that you give it to reads it exactly how it reads on the letter.

And a question, do we get umbreon and espeon like we did in crystal?

Yes, it's all in and working.
Responses in bold.
how did you deal with the phone thing? its amazing!
Thanks for the compliment! It was rather easy; I just found the dialogue, found where it was being called from, and then figured out the phone system quite easily. Sadly, I still haven't figured out the system for normal trainers.
I became the champion today hehe
The elite 4 and lances battle music, animations before the battle and rooms was just awesome you did an amazing job :)

Thanks!

The shuckle and the spearow with the letter we get are counted as traded pokemon but i didnt got them from a trade

I really didn't have much choice here. It was just simpler to make it from a trade, as it's not like any other "given" Pokémon; it's more like a traded one, but without the trade.

The secret areas behind the walls in those chambers wont activate when i use HMs

They're not supposed to activate with HMs; one needs a Water Stone and the other, a Ho-Oh.

In the bug catching contest there are different trainers appearing for the 3 different days i found a trainer that i couldnt see in crystal so i wonder if you made it have the same trainers from crystal or have random trainers

There are the same trainers in as in Crystal; they may have different chances of appearing, though.

In crystal when you surf you can talk, battle trainers, pick items from the land and be spotted by trainers and battle them if you are close to them in cd you cant tho will you change this if you can, i could read a sign while i was surfing in cd so i think you could do it easy

This would be pretty difficult to do with anything but signs, so it's staying as is.

The frontier thing you have in the trainers card menu still shows the frontier map from emerald and the players face in the map is the face of the emeralds male character when you are close in the battle tower in this hack

The Battle Tower is, as of now, unfinished and a work in progress. I only made the necessary modifications for it to not completely spazz out on entering, but nothing much else.

And a question for the end will you add this animation for more important characters only the elite 4 and the champion got it
You could add it for Silver, Eusine, the Gym leaders and some other trainers like the team rockets executives and custom trainers in your storyline in the sevii islands :)
swadtt.png

Nah, I'm keeping it only for the best of the best.
Responses in bold.
I'd like to offer a suggestion, regarding the stat menus. Perhaps you could change the palettes to what they were in Ruby and Sapphire? They were very close to the original stat screens in jap GSC regarding setup and colors, and I think it'd make the hack more authentic looking if you changed them up like this, rather than the new palettes emerald uses.

StatusScreens.png
That's a really good idea! I've included it in the latest patch.
A quick suggestion, you cant escape in the fight with the wild voltorbs koffings and geodudes in team rockets hideout in mahogony in crystal in cd you can run away and the battle just restarts you could change this in the future

I'm going to try to fix this for Beta 3 because the method I have now is kind of a cop-out.

Edit:

For some reason its never sunday in my game and its wednesday instead and the people who give you items that boost the power of a attack type dont appear in wednesday saturday and sunday (well for sunday maybe bc its never sunday in my game)
I didnt use any cheats and the rtc should work fine on gameboid so idk whats wrong

I really can't help you much with Gameboid related problems as I don't have an Android to test it on, sorry.
Responses in bold.
Hey Diego if the person who works on the map tool wont update it will you add pokemon that appear in the night to random places?
You can add them in sevii or in kanto and johto as a bonus after completing the vanilla story
The most likely thing I'll do would be to add them in even if the map program isn't modified and hope for the best.
So I suppose the creator strictly went throught he path of original game. But at least the other two dogs as well as Johto legendaries be included:(

So does that means the game is same as that of oroiginal crytsal but only in gba format with nothing new?
Not quite. Well, for now it is, I suppose. But the entire hack is a very accurate remake of Crystal, and that's its main pull. After the storyline of Crystal is done, though, many other things will definitely be added, such as tie-ins to my other hack.
I once thought this was once just your generic remake of Crystal/Gold/Silver, like almost every other rom-hack out there, but then I notice you done good work, and I congratulate you.

Also, I haven't played it yet, but it looks impressive. Mainly because it's an Emerald hack.
Thanks for the compliments, but you really should play it sometime!
Since Ash and friends surfed on Lapras from island to island, it would further make sense if Surfing could be turned on and new water Routes created to allow passage; travel to the main entrance would still be by boat from Kanto, matching the anime. But that might be too much. Heck, a "New Island" with a Lv.100 Mewtwo on it would be awesome. :D

Cyclone
Ash and co. traveled from island to island in the Orange Islands, not the Sevii Islands. In fact, the animé never visited that location. But I might add in the ability to surf from one island to another; it's too early for me to say.
Traveling from one island to another with surf would be cool and he could add a weather system for the islands and make it rain at some and add snowing for others :)
Btw i wonder how to get a Eon Mail to give it to the lady in Goldenrods Center, in Crystal you could get it only with Mystery Gift...
Different weather on different islands? Certainly possible.
For the moment, you can't get an Eon Mail, sorry.
Pokemon ROM Hacking can be tough by normal means, but you deserve props for your skills.
Thanks for the compliment!
As this is a hack so the evolution changes as well as avaialablity of pokes upto 3rd ge must be at least available for catching right?

i'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, maybe i missed it, but what about trade evolutions? onix, haunter, kadabra, sedra, machoke, graveler, and company. do they evolve naturally?

You will be able to catch all the 386 pokes most likely
And yeah the pokemon who evolve via trade can evolve with other ways

I think ElitePokes answered this right above you. As to how they each evolve, that I have no idea; I'm sure once the game is complete there will be a full list provided by diego (unless that part is already figured out and he might list them regardless).

Cyclone
I thought you guys would have more fun trying to see how they evolve yourselves, but here's the complete list of changed trade evolutions (only applicable to the latest patch):
Code:
Clamperl -> Gorebyss (not actually in the game yet): level up holding DeepSeaScale
Clamperl -> Huntail (not actually in the game yet): level up holding DeepSeaTooth
Graveler -> Golem: level 38
Haunter -> Gengar: level up with high happiness at night
Kadabra -> Alakazam: level up with high happiness in the day
Machoke -> Machamp: level 39
Onix -> Steelix: level up holding Metal Coat
Poliwhirl -> Politoed: level up holding King's Rock
Porygon -> Porygon2: level up holding Upgrade
Scyther -> Scizor: level up holding Metal Coat
Seadra -> Kingdra: level up holding Dragon Scale
Slowpoke -> Slowking: level up holding King's Rock
oh ok thanks cyclone. lovin it so far! keep it up!
Thanks!
Another thing which impresses me the creator's idea of a GB original game hack into an Emerald ROM as abase. Normally you see it on a FireRed ROM :classic:
Yeah, I decided to use Emerald after seeing all it had to offer versus FireRed.
I love this game. It is the best. I really want you to finish it.
Has the creator announced previously to continue this hack?

Uh, yes. He is developing both this and Shining Opal in turn. Right now, it's Shining Opal.

Cyclone
This is true, but bugfixes (as you can see) are still being made.
Shining Opal you say han so I should check that out too
Yeah, you definitely should.
You could change this dialogue since sleeping Pokemon never appear in this hack yet
2uzxyc3.png
I'm keeping it in there because I might figure it out in the future.
I don't know if you played Crystal only on emulator but I believe Kurt was meant to create one ball per day.

Does that means he will make only one ball per day?

Yeah u get multiple balls in the remakes too
I dont know if theres any limit on how many balls he can make in crystal i didnt found any info on wikipedia

Can confirm. I just got 10 Level Balls the other day in SS.

Cyclone

Hey btw Kurt can make multiple balls in a day in Crystal if you bring Apricorns of the same colour in this hack we cant do that though
He can't make multiple balls in this hack for the same reason Mom can't hold your money: I'm not quite sure how to make a number selection box.
where is the update download link? did you fix town map & phone calls?
I don't believe the Town Map and phone calls were broken... But the download link is in the first post.
i remember playing shining opal this person is good
My thought is as he is working on two hacks at a time so he gets little time to look on both but cheer up it shall be fixed in future:cool:
VERY near future, in fact. ;)
And a question can we get Shuckle with Rock Smash like in Crystal so far i only get Krabbys
Yeah, Shuckle can make an appearance.

Thanks to everyone, and especially ElitePokes, for the posts over the last week or so! This game is becoming more and more polished due to your help! Keep reporting those bugs!

Years
Wew thank you very much for adding me in the Credits and for fixing all those bugs like alienhunterx said you are a caring hack owner ;)
And yeah lol im a crazy gamer who cares even about the most little details :D

Sorry for the Unown Puzzles i never did them in Crystal and though they require HMs xD
As for Spearow and Shuckle they are threated as traded pokemon in Crystal too i noticed it and was ready to edit my post but you replied before i could do it.
And lol the guy who gives you the Spearow said you can read the message but not lose it thats why i reported it :P
Man idk why im having problems with RTC with Gameboid ill try another emu for Android maybe ill get lucky
If AdvanceMap never gets updated you can include night Pokemon like Ghastly in locations that best fit them for example you could make an abandoned old haunted house in one of the islands and put Ghastly there ;)

Edit:

Well i think those are my last reports for Beta 2 i believe i did everything that can be done except the Battle Tower which isnt yet finished so i will just try your latest patch to check if anythings wrong and report back
This is nothing major just some little stuff i found in the previous patch i was playing

This dialogue is a bit different in this hack i reported it just in case you want to change it
23kdg92.png
1z1srx2.png
90c51z.png

Heh as for this window i think its opened because it uses the same model as the one in ELMs lab which is open maybe you could use the other closed window from the lab if it fits in the houses in Violet
24vmykx.png
2a7vd3l.png

And i was wondering if you will add Condition for the Poke Gear to check pokemon stats for the contests or was it replaced by Radio Card
34ooknr.png

Edit 2:

Damn still the same with Sunday on Gameboid but All Days seems to work as they should with My Boy! 1.1.14 Emulator too bad that the speed is slow 0.o
Well since this is an emu problem ill live with it and wait Gameboid to get updated (I Guess that will never happen xD) or buy a faster Android to play with full speed.
Atleast im glad that its not a bug of this hack :D

Last edited:

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
Years
So, since this is a FRLG style remake, I thought I'd try my hand at making a remix of Cherrygrove city in the same kind of music style FRLG has, and I think it'd sound nice in your hack, so if you want the midi I have it right here.

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/5598/Cherrygrove%2BCity%2BFRLG.mid

It uses the FRLG Viridian city voice group, so I assume there should be no need to edit stuff around to get it to sound right after running it through MID2AGB, or at least I assume that Emerald has the same instruments as FRLG does.

If you want a good idea of how it sounds in game, I have a video too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUa914UEKDg

The only thing I have to ask is if you know how to loop music, since I can't. :cer_confused:

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
I haven't played beta 2 yet, but i was thinking, would it be possible to have the old fr/lg trainer sprites in the hack be changed, specifically Sailor, Hiker, Lass, Youngster, Picknicker, bugcatcher, Camper, Scientist, Fisherman, Swimmer m and Swimmer f, beauty, Pokefan f, and Pokefan m, SchoolKid, Psychic (sorry they're quite a lot actually, but some sprites need not be such as: the same biker (rby, and gsc), juggler (frlg to hgss - recolor only) or some that have same poses (beauty fr/lg and beauty hg/ss)) just like how from rby they changed in appearance in gsc? Or if there are no sources, may i contribute some sprites for them; though i may not guarantee, or if you want to make things easier maybe resizing and recoloring some hgss trainer sprites to fit the gba could also work?

possible resizing only of hgss sprites: youngster, lass, bug catcher, scientist, swimmer f and swimmer m, supernerd, school kid, juggler (or simply a recolor)
notable mentions are: psychic, picknicker, camper, hiker, fisherman, sailor, pokefans f (specifically, there's no wailmer nor bonsly in crystal anyway) and pokefan m (these trainer sprites were also maintained from dppt to hgss). makes them quite poor imo since they were just recycled. thus i believe hgss lacks mostly in originality as compared to frlg.

although, seeing elitepokes screenshots of the game as well as the meticulous posts, i'll be rooting for this hack all the way. :)

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Thanx Diego for all my answers. Boy you are one caring hack owner.:)
Have you already posted the fixed beta on first page?
Thanks for the compliment! The beta can always be downloaded from the same page.
Wew thank you very much for adding me in the Credits and for fixing all those bugs like alienhunterx said you are a caring hack owner ;)
And yeah lol im a crazy gamer who cares even about the most little details :D

Sorry for the Unown Puzzles i never did them in Crystal and though they require HMs xD
As for Spearow and Shuckle they are threated as traded pokemon in Crystal too i noticed it and was ready to edit my post but you replied before i could do it.
And lol the guy who gives you the Spearow said you can read the message but not lose it thats why i reported it :P
Man idk why im having problems with RTC with Gameboid ill try another emu for Android maybe ill get lucky
If AdvanceMap never gets updated you can include night Pokemon like Ghastly in locations that best fit them for example you could make an abandoned old haunted house in one of the islands and put Ghastly there ;)

Like I said, even if it never gets updated, I'll put them in eventually.

Edit:

Well i think those are my last reports for Beta 2 i believe i did everything that can be done except the Battle Tower which isnt yet finished so i will just try your latest patch to check if anythings wrong and report back
This is nothing major just some little stuff i found in the previous patch i was playing

This dialogue is a bit different in this hack i reported it just in case you want to change it
23kdg92.png
1z1srx2.png
90c51z.png

I actually fixed up a few phrasings around the game; not too much though. I just think it looks better like I have it.

Heh as for this window i think its opened because it uses the same model as the one in ELMs lab which is open maybe you could use the other closed window from the lab if it fits in the houses in Violet
24vmykx.png
2a7vd3l.png

Blame my lack of custom tiles.

And i was wondering if you will add Condition for the Poke Gear to check pokemon stats for the contests or was it replaced by Radio Card
34ooknr.png

For the moment, it's replaced with the Radio Card, although I'll probably combine the Ribbon checker and condition checker into one menu once I get that far.

Edit 2:

Damn still the same with Sunday on Gameboid but All Days seems to work as they should with My Boy! 1.1.14 Emulator too bad that the speed is slow 0.o
Well since this is an emu problem ill live with it and wait Gameboid to get updated (I Guess that will never happen xD) or buy a faster Android to play with full speed.
Atleast im glad that its not a bug of this hack :D

Good news! I found an Android device I can use, I just hope Gameboid works on it.
Responses in bold.
So, since this is a FRLG style remake, I thought I'd try my hand at making a remix of Cherrygrove city in the same kind of music style FRLG has, and I think it'd sound nice in your hack, so if you want the midi I have it right here.

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/5598/Cherrygrove%2BCity%2BFRLG.mid

It uses the FRLG Viridian city voice group, so I assume there should be no need to edit stuff around to get it to sound right after running it through MID2AGB, or at least I assume that Emerald has the same instruments as FRLG does.

If you want a good idea of how it sounds in game, I have a video too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUa914UEKDg

The only thing I have to ask is if you know how to loop music, since I can't. :cer_confused:
I can certainly loop, and the song sounds pretty good. Let's continue talking over PMs.
I haven't played beta 2 yet, but i was thinking, would it be possible to have the old fr/lg trainer sprites in the hack be changed, specifically Sailor, Hiker, Lass, Youngster, Picknicker, bugcatcher, Camper, Scientist, Fisherman, Swimmer m and Swimmer f, beauty, Pokefan f, and Pokefan m, SchoolKid, Psychic (sorry they're quite a lot actually, but some sprites need not be such as: the same biker (rby, and gsc), juggler (frlg to hgss - recolor only) or some that have same poses (beauty fr/lg and beauty hg/ss)) just like how from rby they changed in appearance in gsc? Or if there are no sources, may i contribute some sprites for them; though i may not guarantee, or if you want to make things easier maybe resizing and recoloring some hgss trainer sprites to fit the gba could also work?

possible resizing only of hgss sprites: youngster, lass, bug catcher, scientist, swimmer f and swimmer m, supernerd, school kid, juggler (or simply a recolor)
notable mentions are: psychic, picknicker, camper, hiker, fisherman, sailor, pokefans f (specifically, there's no wailmer nor bonsly in crystal anyway) and pokefan m (these trainer sprites were also maintained from dppt to hgss). makes them quite poor imo since they were just recycled. thus i believe hgss lacks mostly in originality as compared to frlg.

although, seeing elitepokes screenshots of the game as well as the meticulous posts, i'll be rooting for this hack all the way. :)
I actually have the appropriate trainer sprites, it'd just take a long time to get them and their associated overworlds into the game.

Also, I made a change to the hack so big, so grand, it will blow you away from its sheer awesomeness!
Change log:
  1. Shifted copyright on title screen over to the right by four pixels. XD
So yeah, download the latest patch if you (like me) were really annoyed by that off-center text.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
yeah, blame my ignorance, i have only played beta 1 up to national park or sudowoodo, can't remember how far, it's been a while. thanks for the updates! :)

edit: lol for the update, blame perfectionism. :p

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Also, I made a change to the hack so big, so grand, it will blow you away from its sheer awesomeness!
Change log:
  1. Shifted copyright on title screen over to the right by four pixels. XD
This changes the entire hack immensely. It must be played again as this change will provide a great increase in enjoyment to the hack.

(That what you were going for? ;) )

Cyclone

Back