• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I definitely won't play as...

Years
...a transgender or homosexual. Its nothing against them, I just cant relate to that, as well as being terrified of offending anyone if I goof things up.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
...a Pokemon trainer. I'm apparently terrible at those, seeing how miserably every one of mine have failed.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
... a hugely antisocial or depressed person. I just... Don't think that could be fun for me, since RPing is about interaction. If it was action based, then possibly. But. Yeah idk.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
...a transgender

... a hugely antisocial or depressed person. I just... Don't think that could be fun for me, since RPing is about interaction. If it was action based, then possibly. But. Yeah idk.

I'm echoing these. I wouldn't be able to realistically write a transgender character in a way that does their struggle justice. Depressed characters aren't a good outlet for my style of humour, so that's why I probably won't put them on my character list.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Um... All of the above...

Aaaannnddd below too.....

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I absolutely can't play someone who is a jerk. Since I like to think my characters are somewhat extensions of myself, being purposefully mean and rude is something i just can't do.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
... any gender other than male. I practically don't know anything about them to properly play as something like them.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
I learned I won't play as a germ, spore, bacteria etc

Uh... thats pretty weird and I kinda want to know the story behind this.

... as an overtly sexualized character. It's just not my style at all.

I don't think I would do overly sexualized either. I'm writing a story, not a, shall we say "adult novel."

I wouldn't want to do this, it hits way too close to home for me, and I write alot about myself in the subtext. Just... bad vibes man.

...a Pokemon trainer. I'm apparently terrible at those, seeing how miserably every one of mine have failed.

I know the feeling, writing trainer stories is just... boring. Writing out battles is not fun for me, which sucks because I really liked some of my first characters.

and as for me, I definitely won't play as a sports fan. I don't know anything about sports and I find them so dull that writing about one would put me too sleep.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
I can't think of a character that I would not play. If any, it'd be one completely out of my field of experience, but with that said, I've done characters that can be quite difficult (suicidal, depressed characters or having disorders etc) after doing extensive research on them so... I cannot say I would instantly reject any prospect of going beyond my comfort zone in terms of characters.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
I won't play as any canon characters if it's a fan RP and I won't play as any real-life figures (like world leaders, religious figures, celebrities, ect.). Highly unlikely that that will show up on PC but people do have RPs like that.

Hexoc

Azumarill Lover
Years
I wouldn't play as . . .

-A villain who believes he is evil and loves it. Although some stories require this, doing this for a RP seems a bit bland and a waste of a character IMO.

-Transgender/Gay: Despite having a gay relative, I doubt I could handle this in a way that wouldn't offend people.

-Highly antagonistitic characters: its doesn't sound fun to me to have a character purposely butt heads with practically everything he comes into contact with, somehow managing to annoy even the inanimate rocks.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Anyone who is not male or female. It's not something I am fond of nor something I think I can write well due to my lack of interest in it. This doesn't extend to transgender characters, although I am highly unlikely to play them because I would just get so into their struggle and become very frustrated about the fact that I could just make them the gender they want to be in a snap of my fingers, but I can't because I chose to make them transgender.

A homosexual male. Females are fine because I already veer in that direction myself. But this is something that is beyond my understanding. I would probably just play him as a regular straight female, and I don't think I could do it justice.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
... if not to strictly satirize them, someone whose social commentary aligns with the self-identified "progressive" left or "die-hard patriot" conservative, since both of those far ends do a great job of flanderizing themselves almost atrociously.

Well, I suppose then it isn't satire if I base my characters off of verbatim expressions and explanations of their platforms by these groups, is it? It gets into some Poe's Law territory.

Alternatively, I will absolutely not play as a character who is on the autism spectrum, or suffers from a specific and severe mental illness beyond my research and understanding. For me, it's inherently patronizing for the former, and in the latter it's me misrepresenting an illness like schizophrenia or dissociative identity disorder in a way that is either flagrantly wrong and/or possibly even romanticized.

Just can't bring myself to do it.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Like Gimme, I can say that there isn't anything I wouldn't get to play. I always try to make my characters different from others, so limiting that wouldn't be a good thing.

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
Years
I won't play as a Minun who is best friends with a Plusle (Unless if that person really, really wants to be my Plusle). There's so many Pokemon Minun could have better best firends for like Pachirisu, ANOTHER MINUN, Pikachu, and even Piplup. I can even think of some other Plus typed Pokemon that could be best friends with a Minun. Plusles always by herself I see but give Minun some fresh air from Plusle. Jeez.

I also won't play as a character who plays Xbox and Playstation for their spare time. To me, I think the Pokemon world has no Xbox and Playstation and all of those cutesy Playstation games Like Klonoa are from a console called "The Nintendo Playstation". Just something that I feel like that could be canon in the Pokemon world.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 5, 2016
> Trans characters, for basically the same reasons other people have stated above me; that kind of dysphoria isn't something I know how to handle gracefully in writing and I think it'll be a long time and a lot of research before I'm comfortable venturing into that territory.

> Kids, like under maybe 15-16? I just...don't like them in real life, generally, so I'm never sure how the age vs. behavior correlates, and I feel like I'd end up writing an absurdly smart two-year-old or a seven-year-old that uses baby talk or something just ridiculous.

> Human/animal or human/Pokemon hybrids. I'm just not super interested in them, or the tropes that usually come with them.

Back