• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Red hack: Kanto Explorers: Wisteria

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
this is gonna sound stupid but how do i patch it. its my first time trying to play a hack

You need to download an IPS patching program (LIPS is the most common one). You then need to apply Wisteria2.3.ips to a clean pokemon red ROM.

abrar14

Banned
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2012
ok ive got a red rom and vba so i can play the normal game but when i try to patch it with lips i cant find it?

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I played the demo version 2.3. Here are my thoughts on it!

There are many many things that could be improved about this hack so far. However, I think it has an original, unique story. It was interesting how you switched the characters around in the school, and I like battling the teacher instead of the rival. Also, the new tiles everywhere was a breath of fresh air.

Here's what I think needs to change/be improved:
  • There are too many places where the text is too long, so it glitches the textbox.
  • The level of difficulty is much too high!! I struggled going north through the grass because the wild Pokemon were simply too high-leveled. Same goes for the Gyms and their trainers. I mean, a level 17 Lapras in the first Gym is borderline impossible without save-stating. The Pokemon on routes is also unbalanced. I can catch a Muk, Gloom, and Ditto before I even get 2 badges.
  • The Mart in the first town sells HM01 for $0 (why?). Also, it sells Pokedexes and Town Maps which is just strange, especially since you receive these items earlier in the game.
  • The area where you get the Secret Key was very easy, and extremely small.
  • There is a lot of unchanged text with NPC's which is a major turn-off.

Good luck with this hack! Have fun with it

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2015
Bulbasaur's stats seem to be glitched.

At level 11 he has 50 Attack, 30 Speed, and extremely low Defense and Special stats. Upon evolving into Ivysaur, his stats become regular once again.

~Red

Years
I played the demo version 2.3. Here are my thoughts on it!

There are many many things that could be improved about this hack so far. However, I think it has an original, unique story. It was interesting how you switched the characters around in the school, and I like battling the teacher instead of the rival. Also, the new tiles everywhere was a breath of fresh air.

Here's what I think needs to change/be improved:
  • There are too many places where the text is too long, so it glitches the textbox.
  • The level of difficulty is much too high!! I struggled going north through the grass because the wild Pokemon were simply too high-leveled. Same goes for the Gyms and their trainers. I mean, a level 17 Lapras in the first Gym is borderline impossible without save-stating. The Pokemon on routes is also unbalanced. I can catch a Muk, Gloom, and Ditto before I even get 2 badges.
  • The Mart in the first town sells HM01 for $0 (why?). Also, it sells Pokedexes and Town Maps which is just strange, especially since you receive these items earlier in the game.
  • The area where you get the Secret Key was very easy, and extremely small.
  • There is a lot of unchanged text with NPC's which is a major turn-off.

Good luck with this hack! Have fun with it

- Fixed most text errors for next beta.
- Pokemon encounter levels are now lower at the begining of the game.
- The mart seems to be an error, I'll look into it.
- The secret key area will be extended in the next beta (if you can be bothered to go back there :P )

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
These are the errors I noticed in the very beginning of the game.

minor:

Nouns are given in the old school format (Everything in Caps), but sometimes things are spelled normally a-la BW (Plus, the default names you're given are spelled normally, so you can't help but expect everything else to be normal). You should make this consistent. Either make all nouns normal or make them CAP-LOCKED. Don't switch back and forth.

Li's text after your battle with Jade is glitched.

Jade and Li's role switches back and forth. Li's a student, yet he's given Oak's Parcel (and his recycled text). Jade says that "you two" are going to fill the Pokedex, but she's the one who leaves, has the second starter, is the one who battles you, and is presumably your rival.

Recycled NPC text.

The trainer card should be changed to have a girl and so should the back sprite. Your card and back sprite are still Trainer Red.

The kid in the house with the scientist asks to trade your Alakazam for a Moltres.

Sometimes the text is too big and words get cut off.

The Pokedex is spelled pkDEX when Jade gives it to you.

Routes are called Wuste (is this German/Dutch? :confused:)

definitely needs fixing

When losing a battle, you're transported to a placeholder house in Erdbeer. You're supposed to be taken to a) your house if you never visited a Pokemon Center. b) the last Pokemon Center you visited.

error! does not compute! GAME BREAKING!

You can buy the following:

Town Map for $101010
Escape Rope for $550
HM01 for $550 (but the clerk sells it to you for $0)
Pokedex for $0

Edit: For s*its and giggles, I actually purchased all that I could afford from that particular Mart (after save-stating of course). The Pokedex is useless since it just does the same thing the 'pkDEX' does while also taking up a slot in your bag. You can't throw it away. Same thing goes for HM01.

The starters are very uneven, stats wise:
Charmander is so weak that I die in a few hits and my attacks do little damage.
Squirtle is a bit stronger than Charmander and more often than not: wins when owned by your rival.
Bulbasaur is so haxed that he can kill you with 2-3 tackles.

Growl does damage, yet other moves such as Tail whip only effects stats.

The level curve is way too high and wild encounters are haxed out of proportion. If you chose Charmander or Squirtle, you would have lost to Jade and would still be level 5. Even with Bulbasaur at level 6, you'll still lose to wild Pokemon. All the Pokemon in the first patches of grass you encounter are levels 6-8 and all are powerful enough to kill you in 2-3 hits.

Wild Pokemon make you lose money if you lose to them. Not only this, but losing to them is the equivalent of losing to a trainer (1/2 your money).

Last edited:

~Red

Years
All the starter pokemon stats have not been changed from Pokemon Red. If you keep in mind that this is a brand new game, nothing like Red, then li's and the teacher's roles plus stories work perfectly fine. Pokemon Brown also transported you to a placeholder house in Gravel Town, I figured this wouldn't matter here.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2015
Bulbasaur's stats are definitely glitched, I can't post screen shots because I need over 15 posts, but you can check for yourself by playing up to the part where you get your starter that Bulbasaur's Attack and Speed stats are way higher than any of the other starters, whereas his Special is extremely low.

His evolutions however, have the correct status, which is easily verified by evolving Bulbasaur into Ivysaur and comparing their stats.

Neither Charmander or Squirtle have similar glitches.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2012
I am going to try this Beta, seems really interesting, always loved Red. Brown and Prism were AWESOME! I hope to play the complete version soon.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Huh... I could have sworn I've played a hack before with the stats changed to Bulbasaur. In fact, it had great speed and attack, but it's special and defense was really low... On top of that, when it evolved, it's stats were reset back to normal... It was he only stat change in the game, too. This seems really familiar for some reason.

~Red

Years
Well I cannot explain it. I truly have not modified the stats, and in my ROM the stats are perfectly fine. I'm using the British ROM, try that.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
sonuva (cencored for obvious reasons) this looks great! i know nothing about hacking but if your experienced enough id love to learn from you and help you with these projects!

DaleH771

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Wow, it's cool to see an old school looking hack going on, it'd be even cooler if someone made a Firered version of this same game after ;D

Your descriptions were brief, but I hopenthe story lines are more complex than they first seem, the screenshots show little in the way of bad guys and battles.

Other than that, I like it..

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
hey nice idea ! the screenshots shows a lot of promise ! hope this hack excels

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
sako, please don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for over a month.

~Red, just contact either myself or giradialkia if you want this thread to be reopened.

Back