• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get Pokemon Hacks to work in GPsp Kai!

Mr

Just call me Mister
Years
*Note that this tutorial is not for a computer emulator, it is for GPsp Kai. To fix this error for VBA, simply open the emulator and go to Options>Emulator>Save Type> Automatic & Flash 128KB*
*Links to RHEA, Rijon Adventures, and GPsp Kai are provided*

I recently tried to start playing Pokemon: Rijon Adventures (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129579) on my PSP to find that it wouldn't work. After a quick Google search I found a thread here at PokeCommunity where someone was having a similar problem. This tutorial will show you how to correct the 1M sub-circuit board not detected error on Hacks played on GPsp Kai 3.4 test 1 Build 2.

Step 1) Verify that hacked roms are the problem and not something else.
Spoiler:

Step 2) Check your patched rom with Hackmew's ROM Header Editor Advance (http://www.andreasartori.net/hackmew/index.php?dir=&file=RHEA.zip)
Spoiler:

Step 3) Add the hacked rom to GPsp Kai's configuration list. (Don't worry, it's simple)
Spoiler:

Step 4) Cleanup to reset
Spoiler:

Conclusion
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mr

Just call me Mister
Years
This method may work for various versions of GBA emulators on the PSP. I'm thinking of uploading a .cfg file that supports loads of Pokemon hacks. I would assume that most of them will work by default anyway. The only ones that suffer are the ones where they actually changed the ROM's official Header name.

~I've gotten a few people that were asking for help. Maybe sometime soon I'll just update all of this and provide a .cfg file.
Maybe...

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
Hey dude, let me just say i found your tutorial to be plain awesome. Still, it didn't fix my problem, can you help me out?
I want to play pokemon pinball sapphire and ruby, i can play other games and followed all your steps, but i'm still getting a white screen. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance:)

Mr

Just call me Mister
Years
Hey dude, let me just say i found your tutorial to be plain awesome. Still, it didn't fix my problem, can you help me out?
I want to play pokemon pinball sapphire and ruby, i can play other games and followed all your steps, but i'm still getting a white screen. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance:)

This tutorial is only meant to get the emulator to recognize games with a custom header.
You're talking about a regular GBA game.

After a quick Google search, I believe it is the emulator itself that is the problem. Try an official release of that emulator. kai was a copy and the original dev didn't approve of it's creation. I know newer versions of GBA emulators were released, so that being said. Start there.

I haven't had a working PSP in years, so I can only help you by what I can remember and search for.
As we say in the IT field, Google is your friend!
(Albeit, sometimes you have to know what exactly to search for.)

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
Thanks for replying. I do believe you may have solved my problem, i'll post again should anything new pop up. I'll look into new emulators like you said.

Thanks again for trying to help out, appreciate it :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 4, 2016
Im playing a game but it has a different game code is it okay to just copy the hacked game code into the configure?

EDIT: NVM your guide helped. Even though the Game name was still Pokemon Fire, changing hte game code and everything else u did fixed the problem

Last edited:
Back