• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Rocket's Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Well, you were asking for Dark Pokemon suggestion, oh well, I'm just
Don't forget I'll be waiting for a Team Rocket with strong pokes and not those usual weak poison pokes they used over and over again across all generations ;)
Yes, I don't think we'll let Team Rocket Grunts have all of those weak Poison Pokemon. Especially when you're a Grunt yourself. I think they'll use much more than Poison and Ground and occasionally... Normal. Probably more Pokemon such as Fire, Electric, Psychic, Rock, etc.

Here's a question for EarthsVisitor or any of the Staff (besides me):

What is Team Rocket's type theme? Will it be the same as in the other versions? Poison and Ground? Or will you be changing it to like Rock or Steel?

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
Years
Team Rocket doesn't have a type theme. If you check through all the Rocket members from the manga/anime.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
EV, I'm liking this more and more every day!
But I do have to say something...

41.png

^In that screenie, you see the houses? Where are the windows? Have you ever seen an inhabited house without windows? There seems to be enough room to give each of the houses a window. I don't think houses without windows look right.

It's just a suggestion. Anyway, too bad the new overworld thing isn't working... That would've been fun!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Team Rocket doesn't have a type theme. If you check through all the Rocket members from the manga/anime.
Oh, I see... well, in the game they are mostly Poison and Ground. As for Giovanni, the 8th Leader being Ground type.

41.png

^In that screenie, you see the houses? Where are the windows? Have you ever seen an inhabited house without windows? There seems to be enough room to give each of the houses a window. I don't think houses without windows look right.

It's just a suggestion. Anyway, too bad the new overworld thing isn't working... That would've been fun!
The tiles for the houses are like that all the time, if you didn't notice in Fire Red and Leaf Green.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years

41.png

Haha, I'm not took keen in releasing story elements, but I mine as well to explain this.

In each of those houses are Rocket Members, who keep their doors locked and don't have windows to conceal themselves from most of the world.

:P

Okay, I made that up on the spot, but yes, there are rockets in those houses.

As for the changing clothes, I will continue to research it. Coolboyman was able to do it in Gold, so why the hell shouldn't I be able to in FR? One day. One day.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
You know, EarthsVisitor, I know the problem. The Rocket Grunt's problem is that his outline is transparent. What would fix that is by changing the black outline on his head and wherever else the background cuts in.

And, about the non-windowed houses, that is a very good idea. To try to shield their identities.

There're problems with the PokeCentre and the non-windowed house ideas.

PokeCentres
: You know the part where you can't heal yourself because the Nurses don't want to since you're evil, right? But you said, yourself, that the Atsugi Region is a Team Rocket region, so the Nurse wouldn't mind.

Non-Windowed Houses: The Team Rocket's wouldn't need to shield theirselves if they lived in a region full of Team Rocket's. They wouldn't mind if there were already hundreds of people who looked just like them (Overworld-wise).

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
You know, EarthsVisitor, I know the problem. The Rocket Grunt's problem is that his outline is transparent. What would fix that is by changing the black outline on his head and wherever else the background cuts in.

And, about the non-windowed houses, that is a very good idea. To try to shield their identities.

There're problems with the PokeCentre and the non-windowed house ideas.

PokeCentres
: You know the part where you can't heal yourself because the Nurses don't want to since you're evil, right? But you said, yourself, that the Atsugi Region is a Team Rocket region, so the Nurse wouldn't mind.

Non-Windowed Houses: The Team Rocket's wouldn't need to shield theirselves if they lived in a region full of Team Rocket's. They wouldn't mind if there were already hundreds of people who looked just like them (Overworld-wise).

1. I never said that Atsugi Region was a Team Rocket Region. If I did, I was wrong. Though, I'm positive I never said that.
Team Rocket is never liked.
The FIRST TOWN, is a TEAM ROCKET Town though. That is as far as it goes.

2. Yes, I know there was an outline problem with the earlier screenshots, but if you look at the LATER ones, it has been fixed.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Ah, okay. Thanks for pointing those two things out for me (more like 3).

I'm also positive you said that the Atsugi Region was a Team Rocket region, but I guess I'm wrong, since you're the one who made/is making it.

I'd be happy to see the beta there in, at max, 3 or 4 days, since my school starts on September 4th.

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
Years
Heres a banner thanks to Kurayami(and Necrod):
alyy8.png

I think it's cool

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Looks way cooler than any other hacks.
I like the idea of your hack.
Keep it up!!

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2008
PLEASE don't give up on this! Ive been wanting a pokemon hack with diamond and pearl pokemon forever! (not litaraly ;))
Im tencing up for the beta! Cant wait! i dont have a ds so id love to test the new pokemon ;) Thanks!

Metal Scizor

The Fastest Scizor
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 17, 2010
yeah good luck with reparing the damage i will support you through and through because i like this hack.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Probably it's not that big a problem.
Maybe take around an hour/hour and a half to fix.
I don't know about the problem, but it shouldn't be so big to mess up the whole thing.
After all that work, I wouldn't let it! Muhahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back