• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first Pokèmon game??

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Pokémon Yellow. Gold & Silver were actually out when I bought it, but I preferred having Pikachu walking behind me to the vibrant colors and plenty more pokémon of G/S. Regretted it a bit afterwards, especially since Johto could have been my very first region <3 But also somehow it felt good to start with a gen I game.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Pokémon Ruby. It was Christmas of 2003 and I was just 11 years old at the time. It was also the first GBA game I ever got along with my GameBoy Advance SP, Silver. Suffice to say, it was one of the best Christmases ever!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2013
FireRed was the first game I played. I borrowed it from a friend. Diamond was the first game I owned. They were both really good games, in my opinion. :D

Vairan

Hurr, Mah 3DS Is Blue
Years
I started with Pokemon Red. Squirtle was my starter and i had no idea what withdraw and deposit meant. I thought i couldn't get him back out and ended up releasing my starter. Tears were shed :(

TouretteUnicorn

Professionally unprofessional
Years
Pokemon Gold, back in 2000. I'd of owned the R/B/Y series earlier had I known Pokemon was a game series to begin with; since I was already big on the anime and TCG.

Years
Blue was my first one.

I actually got Pokemon Project Studio: Blue next. It doesn't seem like a lot of people picked those up. Honestly, I still have the CD around here.

I never missed a generation, by the way. Even as I grew older, I'd pick up a copy of each Gen (though I kept that fact to myself sometimes). The only one where I didn't pick from the two main ones was Platinum instead of Diamond or Pearl. I also got one version of each of the remake pairs when those came out.

Since then,. I have filled out my collection a little bit by finding the versions I hadn't chosen. Ebay is the easy way, but I prefer going to physical stores while I still can. Sometimes I give up and use the internet though.

Years
Pokemon Red and Blue were my first games. So I was around when it first began. I was still in high school when Red and Blue debuted. I spent my entire summer vacation playing Red with the Nintendo player's guide that I actually got for free from Nintendo Power.

And now here I am playing X and Y to death.

Itchy M3rcy

What's the plan Hitmonchan?
Years
Pokemon Red was my first then after beating it moved on to my sisters yellow then gasped in awe a couple of years later while playing silver of a 10$ pokemon blue a store was trying to give away so i snatched that right up.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
Pokemon Blue. It was about '99, Yellow was out. I think the reason my brother let me start a new game on his Blue was because he got Yellow.

Charcoal92

Banned
Years
Pokemon Blue Version received on Day 1 of Pokemon in America. My brother had Red as well. It is my start. Squirtle was my first Pokemon and my brother chose Charmander. Ever since until Gen 5 we picked the same Type of starter.

Last edited:
Years
Pokémon Ruby about four years ago. I had wanted to play a Pokémon game earlier but hadn't been allowed to purchase things online before then.
(And my parents understandably didn't want to buy me a whole new game console for the games when I was a kid - I already had a Playstation 2 and could use our computer.)

I don't know why I picked Ruby though. I guess something just clicked.

Yoshi119

Abbeon
Years
It was Pokémon Pearl, and I was 9 when I got it. Back then, it was the best game I had gotten EVER. I'm 14 now, and I own at least one game from every Gen :') I have Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Emerald, Pearl, Black, White 2 and X.

Quinn

Shall we get down to business?
Years
A broken copy of crystal i was young and put in 12 hr into it with a friend then saved and turned it off... all of it was gone...
then is was blue>red>gold>pearl>Heartgold>soulsilvler>white>Dimond>White 2>X>Y

Years
I was in 5th grade. I got both Red and Blue versions. I started the blue first. Haha, I had NO idea what I was doing. Picked Charmander, only raised him. At one point in the game Charizard was like level 60 something, and my next highest leveled Pokémon was a Pidgey at level 17!! So I have been playing Pokémon for 17 years!!! :)

Years
Listen, well this is a pretty crazy story...

When the anime started airing in Lithuania (around 2005) I was 7. None of my friends were following it as much as me and my best friend were. I was dreaming of a pokemon game, at the time i had no idea that such thing existed, since video games weren't a thing back then, so guess what i did..
I made my own pokemon game. XD SOMEHOW i managed to download myself a gen I and II offline pokedex, i also found the list of all anime episodes, so for every episode i would randomly choose a pokemon in that pokedex, and battle/catch it while acting the battle using my hands... It gets worse...
Somehow i found a bag of thrown away circly thingies with pokemon pics on them, i took it home, remeber some of them were wet so i dried them, and used them to act the battles instead of my hands..

a year or 2 later my friend sent me an emulator with pkmn ruby destiny(i didn't know it was a hack at the time) and still am very grateful that he did that. Later i found more about emulators and got in to Nintendo. And the first OFFICIAL pokemon game I played was Yellow, since some douche in Yahoo! Answers inaccurately answered "What is the first pokemon game?"

Later i beat the rest of the games excluding Silver,HeartGold,Black,Black2.

So that's the story, hope it's not too boring to read :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 6, 2013
My first pokemon game was Blue, I think. I wound up getting all of the versions up until Gen 3, where I never got Emerald nor did I own Platinum or any of the remakes, at least not until very recently.

braixen

the supreme meme
Years
my first game was red while my older brother had blue, but i honestly don't remember anything from back then lol. the first game i remember playing was gold.

Back