• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
HackMew, you told me the ROM I'm trying to load is not supported yet, and I should wait for the newer version. Any idea when the new version of OverworldEditor is coming out? It says the last time you updated it was 2007. I would greatly appreciate if it came out soon. You also said waiting is the easy solution. Is there anything I can do now to fix it, no matter how hard it would be? And why is my ROM having this problem? No one elses seems to have this problem. Just to tell you, I have Windows XP... and the XP is not a face.

I will see what I can do... I planned to rewrite most of it, you know, as I will be implementing new features etc. I swear whatever time you need to wait, it will totally be worth it. The easiest way to fix the problem is using the v1.0 ROM. Using a tools like RHEA can tell you which version the game is. Windows XP does not matter at all, instead. And yeah, I know it's not a "face" LOL :P

So wait, what does the shinyzer actually do?

also sorry if i've been ignorant, but do we need to modify code to do anything with the shinyzer?

The Shinyzer is used to get shinies. Just read the previous posts, everything is nicely explained.

Yeah, those tools are really good.

However, I've got a problem with XSE.
When I run it, a window will pop up :

[Run-time error '380':
Invalid property value]

Any help ?

Care to tell me what version are you using?

T^T .. HEY HACKMEW!

I used XSE, but it didn't work, and closes suddenly!

so i redownload XSE from your link, but it also closes suddenly!

how can i use XSE? ..

P.S.) I'm Korean , one of Korea's Hacker! plz help me..

Same with you. What version are you using?

The routine not works with "Trainer Call" (with an exclamation point).
Can you fix that?

Whenever I have time I'll take a look into that.

I've been having some problems with SMCA. I start it up and then try to load my FireRed ROM, but when I load it, it comes up with Runtime error '380' "Invalid Property Value"...
I've searched through the forum, and till now, this problem has only ocurred with XSE 1.1.1, and could be solved by deleting the settings.ini
But since SMCA has no settings.ini I have no idea how to fix the problem. The rest of the problems were fixed by a PM you sent to some people, which, I can't see ofcourse :P
Anyway, help would be appreciated.

Are you sure you have the newest SMCA? In case you're not, just download it from the first post.
As for XSE, I'll send you a PM too.

i have a big question. how do you make atd files for advance trainer? i been constantly wondering how to make them so i couls place some sprites i have in game

A-Trainer is not a sprite editor. It just edit the trainer's data. To change the sprites you need to use unLZ as they're compressed.

Can you make shinyzer using dynamic offset and can delete the routine?

There's no point in having a dynamic offset, really. Also, why would you want to delete the routine? If you don't need it, you just don't use it. It takes less than 200 bytes, so it's not like you're wasting free space or something. Eventually, you could always use a backup without the routine inserted.

Sweet tools HackMew. You never cease to amaze. =)

Thank you. And I have to say, I never cease to amaze myself hehe :)

Wow!
Shinyzer is more easy to use and doesn't need callasm (I always fail using callasm, the game freeze)...
All of HackMew's tools have high quality!
Thanks!

You're welcome.

Soo many awesome tools i will deff need to download them and check em out

I guess :P

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
We can have shinies in game without ASM?!
HackMew you're god!

Well, actually from what I can see, it is ASm..

But I have a question about XSE, it's nothing bug, but it's anooying. I have XSE 1.1.1, and my does not have file, edit, etc. I redownloaded it, but it still has it. >.> Any advice?

Maxzeroedge

Ready for simply anything
Years
Hey I was just wondering if XSE would give complete functionality with enlarged ROMs (I saw a method in a tutorial here but it was time consuming and b00ring)

CoGuLaHnE

Hope's Triumph
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2014
Okay, I'll wait, but what is the V1.0 of the ROM? Incase this is important, heres what it says on RHEA:
Main Unit Code 00
Device Type 00
ROM Version 01
Header Checksum 54
Any ideas what could be wrong with my computer? Other hacking programs don't work on only my computer like Advance Mart and A-Tack.
Also, I'm thinking about downloading eXtreme Script Editor. Would you say it's easier than Advance Text?

Maxzeroedge

Years
Also, I'm thinking about downloading eXtreme Script Editor. Would you say it's easier than Advance Text?

Actually advance Text is easier but all it can do is change the text not the behaviour which is possible by using a script editor like XSE, PKSV or Poke'edit (Don't know others)

RegisteelX

Too many days to get lost
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
is there any program i can use to make a pokemon shiny? (not in grass) like red gyarados in pokemon G/S/C?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hey I was just wondering if XSE would give complete functionality with enlarged ROMs (I saw a method in a tutorial here but it was time consuming and b00ring)

What "complete functionality" are you talking about? XSE supports expanded ROMs.

But I have a question about XSE, it's nothing bug, but it's anooying. I have XSE 1.1.1, and my does not have file, edit, etc. I redownloaded it, but it still has it. >.> Any advice?

That's called "menu". And you must have hidden it by mistake. Check the XSE guide because it has all the shortcuts, included the "Hide/Show Menu" one.

I'm using the latest version 1.1.1, but there's no settings.ini to delete.

Okay, I'll send you a PM.

Okay, I'll wait, but what is the V1.0 of the ROM? Incase this is important, heres what it says on RHEA:
Main Unit Code 00
Device Type 00
ROM Version 01
Header Checksum 54

"v1." and the value RHEA shows you. In your case, it's v1.1 (01 = 1, obviously).

The Shinyzer -_-
Just use setvar 0x4003 0x1 in the Red Gyarados script.

No. The variable is 0x8003...
See this post for further info.

Maxzeroedge

Years
I mean that in the tutorial it was written we have to use permuted offset(I don't know about it though)
Anyway it does and its simple so
*switches from PKSV to XSE* a month ago

vasili1097

Rising Spriter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 1, 2014
Is it possible to import palletes in the Overworld Editor? I'm trying to import an Ash sprite to replace the Red sprite in LG, and it says "Pallete is not valid".

Hassamu_Scizor

The Impulse
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2009
I'm trying to open Fire Red english 1.0 with A-Trainer 0.9.0.1, when I open the rom it fills the interface with information from the first trainer and the ROM information in Advance Trainer says the ROM version is 1.0, but gives the error message "Subscript out of range. DrawTile8@modLZ77 Abort | Retry | Ignore"

I checked the ROM is RHEA and it looks okay, what could the problem be?

While I'm here thanks so much for your other apps they all work great :)

I got the same problem. I also got a notepad file that says

"20091109|004642|5.1.2600|0.9.1|DrawTile8|9|modLZ77|Subscript out of range|3"

I've tried different ROMs from different sources and all games(R/S/E and Fr/Lg) still got nothin...anyone know whats up?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I got the same problem. I also got a notepad file that says

"20091109|004642|5.1.2600|0.9.1|DrawTile8|9|modLZ77|Subscript out of range|3"

I've tried different ROMs from different sources and all games(R/S/E and Fr/Lg) still got nothin...anyone know whats up?

Must be a setting on your computer. Or try downloading the VB6 runtime files to see if that makes a difference. However, if you search the thread, you may just find the cause and the solution. :P

Back