• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Prism [Premiering on Twitch Plays Pokemon in On October 9th]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Can anyone help me in getting a regular .IPS patch file for this game? I would love to play it, but the platform I use doesn't use MultiPatch or xdelta. All I need is a regular old IPS patch and my emulator will do the rest.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Hi all,

I know it's been a long time since I've posted here, but I thought I'd give some insight to what's going on.

A lot has happened (and will happen) this year. I switched over to a crystal base with the Crystal Repository, a team is helping me complete this hack since I don't have much free time anymore, and it will premiere on Twitch Plays Pokemon in September and will be downloadable after the run is complete.

I started this hack back in 2007 when I went to junior college and I got my Computer Science degree three years ago and I'm working full-time while trying to save up enough money to buy a house and proceed with other new chapters in my life. Between then and now, I've worked on it on and off. One year I didn't do anything at all and many of my breaks were months apart, because I wanted to focus my free time on other game projects that will never see the light of day.

Since almost half of my weekdays are spent either working or commuting, I had to get help to finish it. The crew that made Twitch Plays Pokemon Crystal were incredibly talented and they agreed to help me finish the hack if it could premiere on the official Twitch Plays Pokemon channel.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this will be a first. We'll be doing something that's never been done before: A crowd-sourced blind full play-through of a brand new game that won't be available to the public until the run is over.

While I'm still working very hard on this hack, make no mistake. This is a collaborative effort now and without this help, I would not be able to complete this game because of my lack of free time. I'm incredibly thankful that this crew is helping me finish this hack.

I have a lot of game ideas, but throughout the last decade I've recognized a huge flaw that I have: With my projects, I never finish what I started. Sometimes my interest dies down, or sometimes I'm not happy with what I did so I decide to take a "break". For once, I wanted one of my ambitious ideas to make it all the way to the end. Lots of people have been eagerly wanting to play the finished product and I don't want to let anyone down. I know some people have gotten fed up with waiting and jump ship, but I hope to bring them back when Prism is downloadable after TPP's run.

I want to thank everyone who still wants to play the final version. Some have stuck with it for almost a decade, which I'm incredibly thankful for. I'm not going to work on anymore Pokemon-related projects in the future, but I want to continue making games as long as I possibly can. For me, Prism is just the beginning and I want to make a game that's even more ambitious and better one day and I hope you'll stick around for it!

Again, thank you.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2019
Quick question (spoilers for Prism)

Spoiler:

Thanks for everything, looking forward to the final release :)

Years
Coolboyman, you are like the veteran hacker that is a professional. This hack is beyond impressive. I love everything from the features to the screens. Wow, and to make it even better it went from Gold to Crystal base. I'm definitely waiting and will play this when it is released after the premiere on Twitch Plats Pokemon on October 9th. And to top that you have two sites where we can go for info which is a plus ;)! And your other hack is complete, stunning and have awesome graphics Wow!!

Last edited:

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
THE STREAM HAS STARTED! CUSTOMIZABLE TRAINER SPRITES! OMG!

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I'm so torn... I keep wanting to watch the stream, and I'm catching glances of it, but I also want all the surprise.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
So was this game ever 100% finished? Like, I played through some post-Elite 4 stuff, but I don't think that all of the missions were able to be completed.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 20, 2020
Unfortunately, no. It was, however, polished and bug fixed extensively by a community of collaborators known as Rainbowdevs. But as far as touching up on all the post game content that was missing from the leaked alpha (as well as making the entire pokedex completable) goes, not much significant progress has been made that I can remember.

Back