• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
I think MyBoy only supports IPS patches at the moment (Not to sure on this) but it seems to be working for me, make sure you are using the correct ROM base and both have the exact same name. Also if they are compressed they need to be in the .rar or .zip with the ROM, do this by getting a file manager . Also try the ROM before you patch it, it could just be a bad ROM. Also what phone have you got? It could just be it can't handle patching it, in which case you will need a PC to patch it.

duskthedarkrai

Keeper of Nightmares
Years
ok, i can't save eplorers of sky on desmume. save states work, but i can't use wonder mail or continue after beating dialga....please help

(update) ok, i got it to work on no$gba
(edit2) However i would still like to know what's up with desmume in case i have any problems with no$gba in the future.....

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
I'm using a galaxy s3. Gameboid and myboy . I will try to patch it sometime and see if that helps!

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
Hello, I am trying to play Pokemon FireRed on the VisualBoyAdvance, but whenever I try to do so, the game tells me that the IBS Sub-Circuit Board is not installed or something to that effect. It's making it so I can't save my game. This wouldn't be an issue were it not for the fact that this means I can't do anything after beating the Elite Four. Is there any way to fix this?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
ok, i can't save eplorers of sky on desmume. save states work, but i can't use wonder mail or continue after beating dialga....please help

(update) ok, i got it to work on no$gba
(edit2) However i would still like to know what's up with desmume in case i have any problems with no$gba in the future.....
You must be using wrong version of DeSmuME...
What surprises me that No$GBA actually started saving...
Anyways, DeSmuME works with PMD Sky correctly so there must be something wrong with your emulator.

Hello, I am trying to play Pokemon FireRed on the VisualBoyAdvance, but whenever I try to do so, the game tells me that the IBS Sub-Circuit Board is not installed or something to that effect. It's making it so I can't save my game. This wouldn't be an issue were it not for the fact that this means I can't do anything after beating the Elite Four. Is there any way to fix this?
Do you have 128k Flash as Save Type and Real Time Clock enabled?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Happy new year guys, really hope this forum is still active. I'm new here and looking for ome help desperately. Im running Des Emu 0.9.8 with white 2 but the 2nd rival battle at Flocessy Ranch won't activate and as a result i cannot advance in the game :( any insight on how i can fix this Ash493?
There might be something wrong with ROM rather than emulator...
As I've been saying, I had no problems playing White 2 on DeSmuME 0.9.8...
Try to download another ROM that is patched.

duskthedarkrai

Keeper of Nightmares
Years
Thanks, i'll try a different version and see what comes up

(edit) i just remembered, when i try to import a backup file it says that it can't determine a save size......figured i'd put this here in case it's part of the problem. Also, when i save it says it's completing the save, but when i look there's no save file.......again, just asking in case i have any problems from no$gba

(edit2) silly me....i should probably mention i'm using the newest version of desmume.....should i try with an older version?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
i did that with four different black 2 roms and 3 different white 2 roms and all if them gave me the exact same problem. I even went so far as trying blaze black 2

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2013
Kingzamz said:
...I'm new here and looking for ome help desperately. Im running Des Emu 0.9.8 with white 2 but the 2nd rival battle at Flocessy Ranch won't activate and as a result i cannot advance in the game...
By chance, you are used POKESAV over your battery file?. To be used without precaution corrupt some events (the case that you mention happened to me, while it was checking the compatibility). If was the case, I am afraid that the only thing that you can do is to begin again the game.

PD: Does not exist a PokeSAV for BW2, but a few noticed, is possible use PokeSAV for BW1 over the battery file of BW2, and then "correct it" loading and saving in PokeGEN. Nevertheless, though seems work correctly, in fact, PokeSAV-BW introduces some not wanted changes that probably are not notorious immediately. Puf... the solution happens for doing a cumbersome correction... a guy known as GeminiPolux wrote a program to do, but it is only slightly amicable, though it works well (if you are an extreme fanatic of PokeSAV I can publish for you).

Jim Boob

Freelance Mapper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
Original post -
Spoiler:

I apologize for being a retard.

Last edited:

tnfsf11

So I'm trying to link 2 visualboy advance windows together to trade from gold to silver, they are both open at the same time and active, online tutorials say that I should go to the menu bar and choose "options > link", well I don't have that "link" choice, it's not there. HELP?!

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Ok I'm trying to run this on No$gba 2.6a and It runs perfectly i mean no lag at all whatsoever, the only problem is when i go to change my pokemon and exit the screen it stalls everytime, I'm running it with no$zoomer and all that fx5 and what not. I have tried every ar code i could find but nothing fixes it. Desmume will barely run on my computer no matter what i do to it, And you cant play pokemon laggy!! I'm losing my mind here, can you maybe help?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Ok I'm trying to run this on No$gba 2.6a and It runs perfectly i mean no lag at all whatsoever, the only problem is when i go to change my pokemon and exit the screen it stalls everytime, I'm running it with no$zoomer and all that fx5 and what not. I have tried every ar code i could find but nothing fixes it. Desmume will barely run on my computer no matter what i do to it, And you cant play pokemon laggy!! I'm losing my mind here, can you maybe help?

I don't use No$GBA, it has outlived its usefulness. Best choice is Desmume 0.9.9 JIT, with Dynamic Recompiler activated it's quite a bit faster than the other builds, and faster than No$GBA.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
After enjoying several Gen III games/hacks on Visual Boy Advance, I've decided to give Gen IV a shot. My poor coordination (due to medical problems) makes using a console impossible, so I depend on emulators and ROM downloads.

Is a simpler NDS emulator (similar to VBA) available for Windows XP? WiNDS Pro is very difficult to download and install (let alone configure); DeSMuME for Windows is not much easier. If an alternative exists for solo-playing beginners, please let me know!

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
hey i was wondering is the a english version of the complete pokemon mystical version, if so where can i donwload the rom or ips for it?

Back