• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ark Silvanos' PokeSprite Center

After seeing the evolutions, which starter would you choose?

• Total voters
Years
An update after a while:-

I've have exams this whole month and half of last month, so haven't been working on much.
But here's what i've been doing:-

Another 2 ladies for the beauty pageant:-
girl3b.png
girl42.png

A Houndoom evolution i've been meaning to do:-
I had two plans,
1) was a cerberus (Houndread)
2) a single headed dog, with a skull for a head (Houndead)

I ended up starting with Houndread, i'll probably do Houndead later

Houndread:-
houndread.png

Years
For the ladies, I think they could do with a bit more black outline and less pillow shading. The same applies for Houndread, who I think could be better off with only one tail. Generally alright work, though, Ark!

Years
Meh...the girls were annoying....hate spriting people...but yeah...i'll change the shading.... i was more concentrating on the anatomy ;)

but houndreads pillow shaded??? i wouldn't say its the best i could've done, but i thought it was done OK :/....as for the tails, ya...my bro's been telling me that too...but i guess i'll change it later...after i get a new set of sprites done...

Years
well here goes...i was thinking of reviving my sprite thread again.... been a lot busy...so haven't had time to do much....newayz.....
i'll probably edit up my first post some time later...whenever i get around to it....

^oh nd thanks to the dude who liked the grass starter.... it was my first fakemon concept and sprite :)

Last edited:
Years
First Tiling Attempt

Well my story idea actually started with you kinda graduating from a "PokeAccademy" and i couldn't actually find a building that would work...so i decided to make my own...

Primera Poke Accademy (Primera being the starting town (and the final town, but shhh...that parts a secret.)
ppa.png

looks a little off, and i don't know y :/.... if anyone has any helpful insights, that would be great :D...

i actually don't know how well it works with the fire red default, because i was using Kyledove's tiles to help me (i think the Sinnoh tiles...m not sure i don't know nething about the pokemon gen IV up :P)

If it doesn't, and i can make this look right, i'm gonna exapand and redo all the buildings in fire red to better suit this style.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Kyledove's tiles are Gen IV, yes. That's why they're shiny and less dull colored.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
Well my story idea actually started with you kinda graduating from a "PokeAccademy" and i couldn't actually find a building that would work...so i decided to make my own...

Primera Poke Accademy (Primera being the starting town (and the final town, but shhh...that parts a secret.)
ppa.png

looks a little off, and i don't know y :/.... if anyone has any helpful insights, that would be great :D...

i actually don't know how well it works with the fire red default, because i was using Kyledove's tiles to help me (i think the Sinnoh tiles...m not sure i don't know nething about the pokemon gen IV up :P)

If it doesn't, and i can make this look right, i'm gonna exapand and redo all the buildings in fire red to better suit this style.

I think the problem is the tall right portion of the building. The perspective looks off(Or at least to me it does), kind of like you're looking at it from in front instead of the birds eye view pokemon tiles are seen from.

Years
I think the problem is the tall right portion of the building. The perspective looks off(Or at least to me it does), kind of like you're looking at it from in front instead of the birds eye view pokemon tiles are seen from.

hmmmm....i'll try some more shading to see if thats any better.... and maybe shrink it a little, to try to get a better angle... i also think its the roof of the lower extended portion...its a couple of pixels smaller...maybe thats throwing the whole thing off?

Years
wow... its almost been a year since i've posted anything... no i'm not dead... just got bored of spriting... and then i read percy jackson (i'm a big mythology freak :P) and i thought... why not write a Percy Jackson fanfic with my own custom characters... and after a couple of chapters, i thought... why dont i draw a manga based of my story.... and after a couple of pages, i thought... why dont i draw a pokemon manga on the side... and after a few pages of that, i thought... why dont i make a hack that follows my manga... so i'm back :P

right in the middle of my exams, so not very good timing, but i've taken some time to do some light spriting whenever i take a break... so this is what i've been up2...

starting out... i wanted to fix up some of my sprites and update them... see if i've changed since i began... so this is what i've got:

2r5dfg2.png
---->
sharketrevamp.png

Sharket(old) ----------> Sharket(new)

s49hec.png
---->
haemoragerevamp.png

Haemorage and its new sprite
lemme know what u guys think...

and also the protagonists of my hack:
(they're 17, so they're supposed to look older than the default sprites (and have more proportionate heads... kids these days... way too big headed :P)

heroinem.png

Kara

heroo.png

Trysten

and ummmm.... i guess i have a scratch too... an ice rhino... this 1 was giving me problems, cuz i dont kno if i did the shading right... since its ice, its body was supposed to kinda resemble packed and shaped snow, if u can get what i'm trying to say... ah well... lets see if u guys think it needs some work :)

icerhino.png

mineox100

Hey.
Years
sharketrevamp.png

Nice, but it's too much like Sharpedo.
haemoragerevamp.png

I have nothing against this. It looks like a warrior :D
icerhino.png

IMO, it's a bit too bright.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2021
I like, although they have shaped existing pokemon (sharpedow-Marowak)
and trainers, I do not like many, are very simple ..
tries to improve .. luck ^ ^

Years
sharketrevamp.png

Nice, but it's too much like Sharpedo.
haemoragerevamp.png

I have nothing against this. It looks like a warrior :D
icerhino.png

IMO, it's a bit too bright.

meh... i was trying to give sharket a more pirate-y "arrg, matey" type of look... looks like i need a little bit more... hmmm... i'll see what i can change...

Haemorage was fun... i was trying to get more expression into the skull. I'm glad its worked out...

and the ice rhino, yeah... it is a bit bright... i was using glalie's palette for the white and glaceon's blue (both shinys) cuz i wanted it to look like a snowy icey thing... i'll play around with the colors... see if i can find something that doesnt clash....

I like, although they have shaped existing pokemon (sharpedow-Marowak)
and trainers, I do not like many, are very simple ..
tries to improve .. luck ^ ^

yup... they're supposed to be shaped like that considering they're evolutions :) and i prefer the simple style... if I had to go on a pokemon journey, i'd probably wear just a tshirt and jeans... (and since i'm a guy...the girl has to have shorts nd a revealing top :P)

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Cool sprites Ark!

loved the marowarrior sprite xD
Wish I could see some more...
Can't wait for more... :)

Years
and once again i'm gonna revive my thread thats been dead :P

but first things first:

Nice sprites. Maby you could help do spriting for my game?

its really late, and probably irrelevant now, but srry dude, i'm pretty busy... the free time i get, i've been spending doing stuff for my own hack. Maybe after a month or so...

Cool sprites Ark!

loved the marowarrior sprite xD
Wish I could see some more...
Can't wait for more...

unfortunately, u wont :(, atleast not on here... i've decided i'm not gonna post the sprites i'm doing unless i really need some help, or c+c. I'd rather them be kind of a surprise when u see them in a hack. But like i said b4, we can use em in Pokemon Day and Night, so if we do end up using them, u and the team can see em :P

Now that that has been taken care of....

I Needs Your Help

I have a secret weapon very few other spriters have, that gives me an edge when it comes to ideas.

If you wanna know what it is, check the spoiler:
Spoiler:

Neway... I ended up with two designs and i can't figure out which to use... So i thought i'd ask the community at large (well the 10-odd ppl that will actually see this neway :P) what they think should be the design.

I'm displaying it along with its pre-ev's so you guys can get a better feel for the line. I've also doubled the size so you can see it better, along with the original 64x64 sprite.

helpchoose.png

Names I got so far are:
basic stage: Ribbolt
1st evo: Capacitoad
2nd evo: Surgeolith (which sucks according to my brother :P)

So like i mentioned before, i need help choosing a design, and maybe a name for the last stage... preferably something ending with '-lith' or '-olith'. So tell me if u like Left or Right :)

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
and once again i'm gonna revive my thread thats been dead :P

but first things first:

its really late, and probably irrelevant now, but srry dude, i'm pretty busy... the free time i get, i've been spending doing stuff for my own hack. Maybe after a month or so...

unfortunately, u wont :(, atleast not on here... i've decided i'm not gonna post the sprites i'm doing unless i really need some help, or c+c. I'd rather them be kind of a surprise when u see them in a hack. But like i said b4, we can use em in Pokemon Day and Night, so if we do end up using them, u and the team can see em :P

Now that that has been taken care of....

I Needs Your Help

I have a secret weapon very few other spriters have, that gives me an edge when it comes to ideas.

If you wanna know what it is, check the spoiler:
Spoiler:

Neway... I ended up with two designs and i can't figure out which to use... So i thought i'd ask the community at large (well the 10-odd ppl that will actually see this neway :P) what they think should be the design.

I'm displaying it along with its pre-ev's so you guys can get a better feel for the line. I've also doubled the size so you can see it better, along with the original 64x64 sprite.

helpchoose.png

Names I got so far are:
basic stage: Ribbolt
1st evo: Capacitoad
2nd evo: Surgeolith (which sucks according to my brother :P)

So like i mentioned before, i need help choosing a design, and maybe a name for the last stage... preferably something ending with '-lith' or '-olith'. So tell me if u like Left or Right :)

I like the one on the right, with the fangs. The sprite just looks cleaner overall, and the tongue on the one to the left looks awkward.

Years
I prefer the Left because IMO the fangs on the right one just look kinda weird and awkward, btw I am now in love with Ribbolt it looks SO awesome, but yeah i say Left

Back