• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Actually, I was planning on having her at least semi-settle so I wouldn't have to make a full revamp on the deck every time, so those should be the last. :< There was one idea that I had which was brought on by a literal OCG translation I found, but that one would basically involve changing their central thematic - and thus basically all of the cards - around, so I'm not sure if I can be bothered.

Or would you accept it as a final version if I did? XD

See? You're not done yet, after all. XD

Well, I was thinking Book of Eclipse on this one. (also funny how you didn't mention Protector of the Sanctuary XD) Turn the entire opposing field face-down then drop this down and wipe it to clear for a swing. True, Mobius has a leg-up on the S/T destruction, but Deformer can kill both monsters and backfield as necessary. And this is a pretty big monster as aquarians go, you know. XD

I didn't mention Protector of the Sanctuary because chances are it wouldn't work as-is, similar to how Dark Bribe or other cards of the like can't go through. Of course, if you gave a specific number of face-down cards to destroy or said *all* of them, then yeah, but then you would have other ruling problems. It's because of that "any number" bit and the card draw being forced that I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work properly.

Actually, I couldn't really specify positions since I wanted this to include face-up S/Ts too. (Such as Royal Decree/Opression and pals) So yeah, this would be a Darkness' Approach style effect, not affecting the battle position.

Would adding something like "(Battle Position for monsters does [not] change)" really be that hard?

Oh, let's not get lazy here, you have every Monster in the game's darn card pool to choose from in this. Just play a Marshmallon or Spirit Reaper or something if you want the whole absorb factor. I was mostly thinking in terms of letting you decide which of your aquarians take the hit, since Pod Caller likes decks with lots of Aquarians.

Oh, you want to look into the entire move pool, eh? Then why not just play Gravity Bind/LLAB for attacks? You know what I was talking about.

True enough, I suppose, but there's still the LP trade problem; Aquarians are small, the things that would be hitting them would probably be big. This translates into a huge and potentially lethal LP gap. :x I was thinking more Spirit Barrier/similar effect and continuous recursion for these little guys, really.

...You realize I meant Begone, Knave! for bouncing Dusk back and abusing its effect along with Phobocaster, right?

Oh, and on that note:

Aquarian Cerebremone
Aqua/Effect
6 Star/Water
1700 Atk / 2100 Def

This card can not be Special Summoned. During each of your Draw Phases, before drawing a card, pick up a number of cards equal to the number of "Aquarian" Monsters you control from the top of your Deck then put them back in any order you wish.

Hmm...let's just say that there's reason Big Eye doesn't see play and leave it at that.

Aquarian Command
Aqua/Tuner/Effect
2 Star/Water
100 Atk / 400 Def

Increase the Atk of each "Aquarian" Monster you control by 500.

...With the low levels and Pod Caller able to drop an extra monster each turn, the set might be a bit too dangerous for going Synchro. The ATK boost is good, though...but don't you usually complain about simple stat boosts for effects? XP

Aquarian Foil

Aqua/Effect
1 Star/Water
200 Atk / 600 Def

All Battle Damage you would receive from Battles involving an "Aquarian" Monster you control becomes zero.

Instant staple for the deck. You just took out the biggest weakness facing the little guys.

Aquarian Inflamer
Aqua/Effect
2 Star/Water
500 Atk / 500 Def

Each time an "Aquarian" Monster you control Battles, even if that Monster is destroyed, inflict 500 Damage to your opponent at the end of the Damage Step.

Aquarian burn? XD Doesn't quite compute when you think about it, but then, how much does? XD

Aquarian Rejuvenator
Aqua/Tuner/Effect
1 Star/Water
200 Atk / 100 Def

Once per turn, you can add one "Aquarian" Monster that was destroyed this turn from your Graveyard to your Hand.

There must be a way to abuse this somewhere. I just can't think of it at the moment.

Aquarian Genesis
Normal Spell

Remove one "Aquarian" Monster in your Graveyard from play. Add any number of "Aquarian" Monsters with a combined Level equal to the Level of the removed Monster from your Graveyard to your Hand. Then, by paying 800 Life Points, you can Normal Summon one additional "Aquarian" Monster from your Hand this turn.

So basically, get rid of Deformer once it's done its job to pull out at least three other Aquarians, then drop one of them. You could actually get a full six of them, and then have some fun with Snipe Hunter.

Tidal Counter
Normal Trap

Activate only at the end of a Battle Phase when one or more of your Water Attribute Monsters was destroyed. Destroy one of your opponent's monsters for each of your Water Attribute Monsters that was destroyed by Battle this turn.

With how weak these Aquarians are, this'll pretty much translate to a Raigeki of sorts. ...Actually, no: Mother Grizzly kamikaze chains. Thin your deck and remove your opponent's field at the same time. That's a bit too much.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
See? You're not done yet, after all. XD

Like I said, I probably won't bother with those. Keep that up, though, and I'll do it just to spite you. xP

Would adding something like "(Battle Position for monsters does [not] change)" really be that hard?

Yes it would. D: Okay, okay, I see what you mean...probably going to make it face-down defense while I'm at it, though.

...You realize I meant Begone, Knave! for bouncing Dusk back and abusing its effect along with Phobocaster, right?

And you do realize that your opponent is going to give you tit for tat and swing back with the biggest beater they can get out there as often as they can get it out there, right? No-one in their right mind plays defensive monsters aside from Reaper or Marshmallon with Knave out, especially if they know that the opposition can spin any set card away; it's a direct invitation to a beatdown match that aquarians are liable to lose. Badly. Hence why I'm more on the battle damage blockout and recursion front.

Hmm...let's just say that there's reason Big Eye doesn't see play and leave it at that.

That's mean! D: But true enough, I suppose. Queue the revamp.

...With the low levels and Pod Caller able to drop an extra monster each turn, the set might be a bit too dangerous for going Synchro. The ATK boost is good, though...but don't you usually complain about simple stat boosts for effects? XP

The easily summoned ones are tiny, though. I mean, that's a three monsters' minimum just for Goyo, four if you want Stardust or Red Dragon Archfiend. (excluding the scenario wherein you make a tribute summon, of course, but that's committing a total of three monsters again). Besides, these little guys could use some bulk to fall back on. Maybe even Junk Synchron for support. And Junk Warrior...that thing would become a total beast if it got to draw some attack power from a Wetlands-boosted Aquarian or two. Ahh...the possibilities.

Oh, and that's only for the small, irrelevant Atk boosts. Here we're talking one that can be up to five times the recipient's original attack power. That's not insgnificant or irrelevant anymore.

With how weak these Aquarians are, this'll pretty much translate to a Raigeki of sorts. ...Actually, no: Mother Grizzly kamikaze chains. Thin your deck and remove your opponent's field at the same time. That's a bit too much.

Oh come now, this is hardly Raigeki. You have to lose as many monsters as you take, and even with a grizzly chain you're depleting your recruiting options for the rest of the game. And need to set this one turn prior. Fine then, a small edit.

Aquarian Cerebremone

Aqua/Effect
6 Star/Water
1200 Atk / 1900 Def

When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, draw until the number of cards in your Hand is equal to the number of "Aquarian" Monsters you control.

Tidal Counter
Normal Trap

Activate only at the end of a Battle Phase when one or more of your Water Attribute Monsters was destroyed. Destroy all of your opponent's Monsters that destroyed one or more of your Water Attribute Monsters this turn.

Better now?

And you know what, I'm going to go ahead and unleash the parallel royals too while I'm at it. Have at thee. >O

Royal Chancellor of the Magical Kingdom
Spellcaster/Effect
5 Star/Light
1400 Atk / 1900 Def

When this card is Tribute Summoned successfully, place a number of Spell Counters on it equal to the Level of the tributed Monster. Whenever a Counter Trap is activated, place one Spell Counter on this card. This card gains 300 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. By removing three Spell Counters from this card, negate the activation and effect of a card your opponent controls and destroy it.

Royal Marksman of the Magical Kingdom
Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Wind
500 Atk / 1000 Def

This card can attack your opponent directly. Whenever this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, place one Spell Counter on it at the end of the Damage Step. This card gains 500 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. By removing three Spell Counters from this card, send one random card from your opponent's Hand to the Graveyard.

Royal Messenger of the Magical Kingdom
Spellcaster/Effect
3 Star/Light
1000 Atk / 800 Def

Each time a Monster is summoned successfully, place two Spell Counters on this card (maximum 8). This card gains 200 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. By removing up to eight Spell Counters from this card, add one "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" Monster with a Level equal to the number counters you removed from your Deck to your Hand.

Royal Jester of the Magical Kingdom
Spellcaster/Effect
1 Star/Light
0 Atk / 0 Def

When this card is summoned successfully, redistribute all Spell Counters on the Field in any manner you like. By removing four Spell Counters from this card, switch control of this card and a Monster your opponent controls.

Royal Seer of the Magical Kingdom
Spellcaster/Effect
4 Star/Light
1200 Atk / 1800 Def

Whenever a Spell Card is activated, place one Spell Counter on this card. This card gains 200 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. By removing two Spell Counters from this card, destroy one Spell or Trap card on the Field.

Royal Treasurer of the Magical Kingdom
Spellcaster/Effect
3 Star/Dark
1000 Atk / 1500 Def

Place one Spell Counter on this card for each card you draw outside of your Draw Phase. This card gains 300 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. By removing two Spell Counters from this card, place one Spell Counter on another Monster you control that can have Spell Counters on it.

Royal Watchbeast of the Magical Kingdom

Beast Warrior/Effect
4 Star/Earth
1600 Atk / 1800 Def

By sending this card from your Hand to the Graveyard, add one "Magical Kingdom" from your Deck to your Hand. During each of your End Phases, if "Magical Kingdom" is on your Field, place one Spell Counter on this card. This card gains 300 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. By removing one Spell Counter from this card, negate the destruction of "Magical Kingdom" once.

Magical Kingdom
Field Spell

This card is also treated as "Court of Nobles". Each time a "Curran", "Pikeru" or "Royal" Monster is summoned successfully, place one Spell Counter on this card (maximum 10). By removing one Spell Counter from this card, add a Spell Card designating a "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" Monster in its card effect from your Deck to the top of your Deck. By removing three Spell Counters from this card and tributing one Level 4 or lower "Curran" or "Pikeru" Monster you control, Special Summon one "Curran" or "Pikeru" Monster with the same Attribute as and twice the Level of the tributed Monster from your Hand or Deck, ignoring summoning conditions.

Aaand I'll do the rest of it next time, so as to not cause a complete overload. XD

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
I made some more Venom cards on another forum for fun.
I'll post them here.

Venom Asp
( 4 Stars / EARTH / Reptile / Effect Monster )
1300 / 500

You can discard this card to add 1 "Venom Swamp" from your Deck to your Hand.

Venom Rattler
( 2 Stars / EARTH / Reptile / Effect Monster )
200 / 200

While this card is in your Graveyard, once per turn, you may send 1 Reptile monster from your Deck to your Graveyard.

Venom Python
( 4 Stars / EARTH / Reptile / Effect Monster )
800 / 1700

Once per turn, you may flip this card into face-down Defense position. When this card is flipped face-up, place 1 Venom Counter on a face-up monster your opponent controls.

Venom Hydra
( 7 Stars / DARK / Reptile / Fusion / Effect Monster )
? / 0

Venom Snake + Any amount of Reptile-type monster(s)

When this card is Fusion Summoned, for each monster used as a Fusion Material for the Fusion Summon of this card, distribute Venom Counter(s) amongst your opponent's face-up monster(s). The original ATK of this card becomes 300 x the number of Fusion Material cards used to Fusion Summon it.

^ wtb Future Fusion?

Legend of the Ouroboros
Normal Spell
(Some cost) Return all Reptile-type monsters in your Graveyard to your Deck. Return all removed from play Reptile-type monsters to your Graveyard.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Time for Dreamland once again!

Dreams of Prosperity
Normal Spell
If you control a Dream monster, draw 2 cards from your deck.

Dream Drain
Continuous Trap
All monsters on the field lose 300 ATK for each Dream Counter on them. Each turn, you may destroy 1 monster with Dream Counters on them. If you do, you cannot attack this turn.

Dream Sprite
Fairy/Effect
3 stars/Light
ATK: 1000 DEF: 1000
Effect: When this card is destroyed, place 1 Dream Counter on 1 of your opponents monsters and Special Summon 1 Dream Monster with 1500 ATK or less from your deck in either face-up attack or face-down Defense Mode.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Like I said, I probably won't bother with those. Keep that up, though, and I'll do it just to spite you. xP

O.O I'm done.

And you do realize that your opponent is going to give you tit for tat and swing back with the biggest beater they can get out there as often as they can get it out there, right? No-one in their right mind plays defensive monsters aside from Reaper or Marshmallon with Knave out, especially if they know that the opposition can spin any set card away; it's a direct invitation to a beatdown match that aquarians are liable to lose. Badly. Hence why I'm more on the battle damage blockout and recursion front.

Good to know we're on the same book, then.

The easily summoned ones are tiny, though. I mean, that's a three monsters' minimum just for Goyo, four if you want Stardust or Red Dragon Archfiend. (excluding the scenario wherein you make a tribute summon, of course, but that's committing a total of three monsters again). Besides, these little guys could use some bulk to fall back on. Maybe even Junk Synchron for support. And Junk Warrior...that thing would become a total beast if it got to draw some attack power from a Wetlands-boosted Aquarian or two. Ahh...the possibilities.

But their size is actually what makes them so troublesome for Synchro Summoning: the fact that you can come up with Level totals a lot easier with them while they still have effects to back you up. Part of what actually makes the set reasonable is the low stats on most of them making them frail in battle but usable for effects, but when you add in the ability to summon a big beater out of the swarm of little guys you'll be getting out between Pod Caller and the support cards, that starts to be a bit much for one set.

Oh come now, this is hardly Raigeki. You have to lose as many monsters as you take, and even with a grizzly chain you're depleting your recruiting options for the rest of the game. And need to set this one turn prior. Fine then, a small edit.

Okay, okay, maybe not Raigeki. But it would hurt the opponent considerably since full fields are sort of hard to come by, meaning 3 monsters killed with a recruiter chain (which also helps thin the deck, and you wouldn't want to Special Summon some of these Aquarians, anyway) could easily be a Monster Card Zone wiper.

Aquarian Cerebremone

Aqua/Effect
6 Star/Water
1200 Atk / 1900 Def

When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, draw until the number of cards in your Hand is equal to the number of "Aquarian" Monsters you control.

Tidal Counter
Normal Trap

Activate only at the end of a Battle Phase when one or more of your Water Attribute Monsters was destroyed. Destroy all of your opponent's Monsters that destroyed one or more of your Water Attribute Monsters this turn.

Better now?

Yes, actually.

And you know what, I'm going to go ahead and unleash the parallel royals too while I'm at it. Have at thee. >O

Spellcaster/Effect
5 Star/Light
1400 Atk / 1900 Def

When this card is Tribute Summoned successfully, place a number of Spell Counters on it equal to the Level of the tributed Monster. Whenever a Counter Trap is activated, place one Spell Counter on this card. This card gains 300 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. By removing three Spell Counters from this card, negate the activation and effect of a card your opponent controls and destroy it.

2300-2600 average ATK when it's Tribute Summoned, then. I guess it would work as a tech for Counter Fairy (Spell Counters for Counter Traps? ...), and the protection is good, but it would be rare to find six counters on this by itself unless you tributed something that big. So, you'll probably just get one negation out of this before losing it or Tributing it (for another Chancellor, perhaps). Still, I have to say, it comes across as an improved form of Breaker IMO simply due to the possible self-recharge.

Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Wind
500 Atk / 1000 Def

This card can attack your opponent directly. Whenever this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, place one Spell Counter on it at the end of the Damage Step. This card gains 500 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. By removing three Spell Counters from this card, send one random card from your opponent's Hand to the Graveyard.

...*Adding* a Spell Counter when it attacks directly? Something doesn't sound right about that. And, with all the cards around to add Counters, this'll get beefed up pretty quick. That would be a...3HKO, maybe less? There may need to be some sort of nerfing here.

Royal Messenger of the Magical Kingdom
Spellcaster/Effect
3 Star/Light
1000 Atk / 800 Def

Each time a Monster is summoned successfully, place two Spell Counters on this card (maximum 8). This card gains 200 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. By removing up to eight Spell Counters from this card, add one "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" Monster with a Level equal to the number counters you removed from your Deck to your Hand.

With the cards we already have out to get to the main royalty, I would be looking at this exclusively as a beatstick. A pretty nice one, too, since even 1800 on a 3-Star is nothing to laugh at.

Royal Jester of the Magical Kingdom
Spellcaster/Effect
1 Star/Light
0 Atk / 0 Def

When this card is summoned successfully, redistribute all Spell Counters on the Field in any manner you like. By removing four Spell Counters from this card, switch control of this card and a Monster your opponent controls.

This makes Marksman and Chancellor even more dangerous, especially the former. You could either use it as a counter factory with Battle Damage to boot or take all of the counters on your field and stick them on top of it for a potential finisher.

Royal Seer of the Magical Kingdom
Spellcaster/Effect
4 Star/Light
1200 Atk / 1800 Def

Whenever a Spell Card is activated, place one Spell Counter on this card. This card gains 200 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. By removing two Spell Counters from this card, destroy one Spell or Trap card on the Field.

Backrow version of Magical Marionette: somewhat subpar stats with a simple destruction effect. Pretty good, actually.

Spellcaster/Effect
3 Star/Dark
1000 Atk / 1500 Def

Place one Spell Counter on this card for each card you draw outside of your Draw Phase. This card gains 300 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. By removing two Spell Counters from this card, place one Spell Counter on another Monster you control that can have Spell Counters on it.

For each card? Card Destruction & Hand Destruction, please. Like the first two, this has the potential to get really crazy.

Royal Watchbeast of the Magical Kingdom

Beast Warrior/Effect
4 Star/Earth
1600 Atk / 1800 Def

By sending this card from your Hand to the Graveyard, add one "Magical Kingdom" from your Deck to your Hand. During each of your End Phases, if "Magical Kingdom" is on your Field, place one Spell Counter on this card. This card gains 300 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. By removing one Spell Counter from this card, negate the destruction of "Magical Kingdom" once.

So at least once per turn, if Magical Kingdom would be destroyed, it isn't destroyed. We only have a couple staple cards for getting rid of Spells right now, so that should be more than enough.

Magical Kingdom
Field Spell

This card is also treated as "Court of Nobles". Each time a "Curran", "Pikeru" or "Royal" Monster is summoned successfully, place one Spell Counter on this card (maximum 10). By removing one Spell Counter from this card, add a Spell Card designating a "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" Monster in its card effect from your Deck to the top of your Deck. By removing three Spell Counters from this card and tributing one Level 4 or lower "Curran" or "Pikeru" Monster you control, Special Summon one "Curran" or "Pikeru" Monster with the same Attribute as and twice the Level of the tributed Monster from your Hand or Deck, ignoring summoning conditions.

Again, between Treasurer and cards like Pitch-Black Power Stone, you could be looking at a turn 2 or 3 Queen. But, then again, it is the new Court, so I guess I shouldn't expect anything less.

Aaand I'll do the rest of it next time, so as to not cause a complete overload. XD

You're far too late for that. T.T

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Venom Asp: Everyone needs their field searchers. :3

Venom Rattler: Ohh...speed up dump to make that big Venominon/Ananta you always wanted. Nice, and certainly far preferable to stuff like Snake Rain. ^^

Venom Python: again, this looks like a step in the right direction. With venom swamp out, getting past this thing is a lot trickier than it looks like. Too bad Ambush Fangs can't protect it since it's face-down. Still, it's certainly a far more workable venom monster than what we've seen thus far.

Legend of the Ouroboros: Again, the first thought I get is Ananta. So we use Rattler and whatever other dump methods we have at our disposal to drop a huge pile of reptiles in our graveyard, remove them for a huge beater, and then play this to get the fruits all of our hard labor back and ready to be used by Venominon should we need it. And speaking of venominon, this also keeps his attack power from going too low if we need to keep reviving him. But yeah, some kind of cost is probably in order. Maybe a little LP price tag or something? Like maybe 300 or 200 LP for each reptile we put back in our graveyard?

Dreams of Prosperity: Slightly conditional Pot of Greed, which makes it instantly broken. You need to have it do something that keeps it from being instant free CA, like have it discard a card from your hand or return it to the deck, or possibly have some kind of activation requirement besides having a dream monster to slow it down.

Dream Drain: okay attack dropper, I suppose, especially given that a number of the dream monsters are quite bulky. The second effect is pretty desperate, but it might help out in a really bad pinch.

Dream Sprite: recruiter for the set. Definitely something to run in threes if you plan on using these guys.

But their size is actually what makes them so troublesome for Synchro Summoning: the fact that you can come up with Level totals a lot easier with them while they still have effects to back you up. Part of what actually makes the set reasonable is the low stats on most of them making them frail in battle but usable for effects, but when you add in the ability to summon a big beater out of the swarm of little guys you'll be getting out between Pod Caller and the support cards, that starts to be a bit much for one set.

You can still achieve much the same even without theme-specific tuners, though. Junk Synchron is not exactly difficult to splash into this, and Junk Warrior certainly has the potential to get very big if you've got wetlands out, since it counts current Atk rather than original. I'm pretty sure you could splash some others in there too if you put your mind to it.

2300-2600 average ATK when it's Tribute Summoned, then. I guess it would work as a tech for Counter Fairy (Spell Counters for Counter Traps? ...), and the protection is good, but it would be rare to find six counters on this by itself unless you tributed something that big. So, you'll probably just get one negation out of this before losing it or Tributing it (for another Chancellor, perhaps). Still, I have to say, it comes across as an improved form of Breaker IMO simply due to the possible self-recharge.

O gawd...I just realized...we could just tribute Metal Reflect Slime for this, couldn't we? 10 instant counters. XD Hmm...better go make an edit on that one.

...*Adding* a Spell Counter when it attacks directly? Something doesn't sound right about that. And, with all the cards around to add Counters, this'll get beefed up pretty quick. That would be a...3HKO, maybe less? There may need to be some sort of nerfing here.

I'm...not quite sure what you mean about the 'adding' bit, to be honest. xO Also, don't really get how anything beside the Jester or a very pumped treasurer could put a lot of counters on this in one go. It's kind of puny early on, so it would probably require some form of protection if it wants to stick around. I'll stick a counter cap on it, though.

For each card? Card Destruction & Hand Destruction, please. Like the first two, this has the potential to get really crazy.

Again, I'm going to place a cap on it to avoid turning it into a complete behemoth. Might also do something about the counter collection rate...we'll see.

Again, between Treasurer and cards like Pitch-Black Power Stone, you could be looking at a turn 2 or 3 Queen. But, then again, it is the new Court, so I guess I shouldn't expect anything less.

Y'know, I don't feel overly bad about actually letting Pitch-Black Powerstone be useful for something. The poor thing is pretty bogged down with restrictions, you know. D:

You're far too late for that. T.T

True. Might as well let it all out then. Revamps first.

Spellcaster/Effect
5 Star/Light
1400 Atk / 1900 Def

If this card is Tribute Summoned by tributing a "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" Monster, place a number of Spell Counters on it equal to the Level of the tributed Monster. Whenever a Counter Trap is activated, place one Spell Counter on this card. This card gains 300 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. By removing three Spell Counters from this card, negate the activation and effect of a card your opponent controls and destroy it.

Warrior/Effect
3 Star/Wind
500 Atk / 1000 Def

This card can attack your opponent directly. Whenever this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent as the result of a direct attack, place one Spell Counter on it at the end of the Damage Step (maximum 5). This card gains 500 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. By removing three Spell Counters from this card, send one random card from your opponent's Hand to the Graveyard.

Spellcaster/Effect
3 Star/Dark
1000 Atk / 1500 Def

Each time a player draws a card(s) outside of their Draw Phase, place a Spell Counter on this card. (maximum 6) This card gains 200 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. By removing two Spell Counters from this card, place one Spell Counter on another Monster you control that can have Spell Counters on it.

And now, the rest. >D

Royal Chevalier of the Magical Kingdom
Warrior/Effect
6 Star/Light
1600 Atk/1900 Def

While you control a "Curran" or "Pikeru" Monster, this card can be Normal Summoned without tribute. At the end of each of your Battle Phases, place one Spell Counter on this card (maximum 3). This card gains 400 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. At the beginning of a Battle Phase, you can remove one Spell Counter from this card. If you do,your opponent can not activate any card effects until the end of that Battle Phase.

Royal Chronicler of the Magical Kingdom
Spellcaster/Effect
2 Star/Water
800 Atk / 1400 Def

Whenever a card(s) is sent to your Graveyard, place one Spell Counter on this card (maximum 6). This card gains 200 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. By removing two Spell Counters from this card, return one card from your Graveyard to your Deck and shuffle it.

Royal Field Judge of the Magical Kingdom
Warrior/Effect
4 Star/Fire
1600 Atk / 800 Def

Each time an Effect Monster your opponent controls is destroyed, place one Spell Counter on this card. (Maximum 6) This card gains 200 Atk for each Spell Counter on it. By removing one Spell Counter from this card, select one Monster your opponent controls. Until the end of this turn, all Effects of that Monster are negated.

Royal Shieldbearer of the Magical Kingdom
Warrior/Effect
4 Star/Earth
1400 Atk / 1700 Def

When this card is summoned successfully, you can switch it into Defense Position. Each time your opponent declares an attack, place one Spell Counter on this card. (Maximum 5) This card gains 300 Def for each Spell Counter on it. By removing a Spell Counter from this card, you can switch the target of any attack or card effect to this card.

Royal Signet Ring
Equip Spell

This card can only be equipped to a "Curran" or "Pikeru" Monster. While on the Field, this card is also treated as "Court of Nobles". Once per turn, you can distribute up to Two Spell Counters among "Royal" Monsters that can have Spell Counters on them. By sending this card to the Graveyard, negate the activation and effect of a card that targets the equipped Monster and destroy it.

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
@Phani: Pandawas? XD Gawd, these have me thinking pandaren from the Warcraft universe, right down to the blatant alcohol abuse. Alright, let's see...

There was actually another game from which I based these off of, but it's more than likely they ripped off Warcraft in the first place. xD

Pandawa Brawler: Nice, but too strong. The cap for penaltiless 4-star is still gene-warped warwolf's 2000 points. This card can also go all monster destruction on...anything, really, and the combination of low defense and high attack makes it relatively safe against both Fissure and Smashing Ground. I'd say drop it down to like 1900 or 1800 Atk at least.

Dropped ATK to 1800.

Pandawa Shaman: As many as...what? As many as you like/can, I presume? You need to finish that effect. Anyway, fueling the effects with spent flasks, I see. Worthwhile ability, though I'm not sure whether I'd want to tribute another pandawan for this. Oh well, worth consideration, certainly.

You're assumption was right, sorry about that. xP;

REVISED - Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned or Flip Summoned successfully, add any number of "Hip Flask"s from your Graveyard to your Deck.

Pandawa Dancer: ah, if only shaman would trigger on special summons. D: This one could get away with summoning from the deck, imo. The card goes back there anyway and summoning stuff from your hand is hardly an extaordinary ability anymore. Dancer is frail too, so you're putting yourself at risk of a nasty counter-attack when playing this.

Didn't want to swarm the field with pandas too easily. :P Changed to SS-ing from the Deck.

Pandawa Shooter: I'd either buff this up or drop the atk by a few hundred and make it 4-stars. We have Gellenduo these days already, so conditional invulnerability is not restricted to the puny anymore.

Level 4 now with 1700 ATK.

Pandawa Forger: As much as I'd like to have something like this...no. This is a potential +2 CA and three spells of choice from your deck, all for one easily summoned monster. It's just too easily exploitable. Maybe make it put the spell at the top of the deck instead? Or attach some kind of penalty/condition to using the spells you search? I like the idea, but this one is a bit too much. :x

REVISED - Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned or Flip Summoned successfully, send any number of "Hip Flask"s from your Deck to the Graveyard to add the same number of Spell Cards from your Deck to the top of your Deck.

Bamboo Shoots: More like a normal trap, imo, since it doesn't respond to any specific effect. Pass on this one. If you run anti-burn you might as well run it big and all-covering (such as Prime Material)

Hai~ consider Bamboo Shoots obliterated.

Shoulder Barrel: Hidden Book of Spell trumps this; that one cycles any three spells back to your deck without tribute. I'd say just make this require a Pandawa on the field without the tribute part, at least. :3

Changed to only needing a panda on the field, but I'll probably skip out on putting this in in the end. *slowly pushes card towards oblivion*

These...look fun, actually. Probably not competitive tier, but fun. x3

I'm glad. :D A fun, fuzzy and thematic set for a specific brunette. xP

Note on new cards: I seriously spent an hour reworking these and I still think they feel broken beyond repair, although that's probably because I've been looking at them for a while now and my eyes are becoming sore. >>

Monster Cards:

Name: XIII - Aerial Blades
Attribute: LIGHT
Type: Machine/Synchro
Level: 6
ATK: 2100
DEF: 2100
Effect: 1 Tuner + 1 Machine-Type non-Tuner monster
During your Standby Phase, send from the top of your Deck any number of cards to the Graveyard (max. 3). This card can attack by an amount equal to the number of cards discarded by this effect. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, return the material monsters used to Synchro Summon this card to their respective Decks.

Name: XIII - Gun Arrows
Attribute: DARK
Type: Machine
Level: 3
ATK: 1350
DEF: 600
Effect: Any Battle Damage to your opponent involving this card is halved and he/she sends the top card from their Deck to the Graveyard. During the End Phase of a turn this card was sent to the Graveyard from the Deck, Special Summon it. You cannot Normal Summon or Set another monster until the end of your next turn.

Name: XIII - Ginsu
Attribute: WIND
Type: Machine/Synchro
Level: 6
ATK: 2300
DEF: 2250
Effect: 1 Tuner + 1 Machine-Type non-Tuner monster
If a Spell or Trap Card(s) would be activated during the Battle Phase of a battle involving this card, negate its effect and return it to the top of its respective Deck. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, return the material monsters used to Synchro Summon this card to their respective Decks.

Name: XIII - Tower Shield
Attribute: WATER
Level: 5
ATK: 0
DEF: 2200
Effect: You can Normal Summon this card without a Tribute. If you do, this card's effect is negated. If a WATER monster would be destroyed by battle, you can send the top card from your Deck to the Graveyard. If you do, the monster is not destroyed. (Damage calculation is applied normally.) During the End Phase of a turn this card was sent to the Graveyard from the Deck, Special Summon it. You cannot Normal Summon or Set another monster until the end of your next turn.

Name: XIII - Chakrams
Attribute: FIRE
Type: Machine/Tuner
Level: 2
ATK: 750
DEF: 400
Effect: If 1 or more cards were sent from your Deck to the Graveyard during the turn this card was summoned, treat the Level of this card as 3. During the End Phase of a turn this card was sent to the Graveyard from the Deck, Special Summon it. You cannot Normal Summon or Set another monster until the end of your next turn.

Name: XIII - Sitar
Attribute: WATER
Level: 2
ATK: 250
DEF: 250
Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned (Including Flip Summoned) successfully, send 2 cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard to Special Summon 2 "Dancing Water Token"s (Aqua-Type/WATER/Level 4/ATK 1000/DEF 1000). As long as this card remains face-up on the field, your opponent cannot attack another monster on your side of the field except for "Dancing Water Token"s. During the End Phase of a turn this card was sent to the Graveyard from the Deck, Special Summon it. You cannot Normal Summon or Set another monster until the end of your next turn.

Name: XIII - Claymores
Level: 1
ATK: 100
DEF: 0
Effect: Once per turn, you can send the top card from your Deck to the Graveyard to have this card attack your opponent directly. Each time this card successfully attacks directly, it gains 1000 ATK. During the End Phase of a turn this card was sent to the Graveyard from the Deck, Special Summon it. You cannot Normal Summon or Set another monster until the end of your next turn.

Name: XIII - Kunai
Level: 3
ATK: 1200
DEF: 350
Effect: Send the top card from your Deck to the Graveyard to activate this card's effect. Reduce the ATK of all LIGHT monsters on the field by 800 until the end of the turn (excluding this card). During the End Phase of a turn this card was sent to the Graveyard from the Deck, Special Summon it. You cannot Normal Summon or Set another monster until the end of your next turn.

Spell Cards:

Name: Castle Oblivion
Type: Field
Effect: Each time a Monster Card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, the controller of that monster discards 1 card from the top of his/her Deck.

Trap Cards:

Name: Chain of Memories
Type: Normal
Effect: If 3 or more cards were sent from your Deck to the Graveyard this turn, your opponent must discard the same amount of cards from the top of his/her Deck.

Despite the obvious 3rd party reference, if these weapons make it, another certain NPC shall be equipping them and quite soon... Hopefully~ *dies and sleeps*

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
XIII - Aerial Blades: Okay, if there is a broken one here then it's this. Three attacks per turn for a negligible cost, and with this amount of attack power, already amounts to a total 6300 damage in one turn. Throw in Limiter Removal and your opponent might as well call it a day, as nothing short of a big wall of defense positions monsters or an attack negating backrow card will save them. Pretty easy to summon with six stars too. :x I'd say let it attack a number of monsters equal to the number of cards you discarded instead. That way, this will still wreak havoc but we don't get the crazy direct attack beatdown. Rectifying the wording, if you go that route:

"Once per turn, you can send up to three cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard. This card can attack a number of your opponent's Monsters equal to the number of cards sent to the Graveyard by this effect. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, all Monsters used to Synchro Summon it are returned to their owner's Deck."

Also, as it is you are only allowed to synchro summon this with two monsters, one tuner and one non-tuner, no more, no less. Is this inentional? If not, then you'll want to change the synchro materials to "Any Tuner Monster + Any Machine Type non-Tuner Monster(s)

XIII - Gun Arrows: you can drop the damage reduction, as this thing is pretty puny anyway. Besides, the summon is compulsory and locks down the normal summon or set of something bigger you probably would have wanted next turn, so I'd say it's pretty balanced.

XIII - Ginsu: I'm...not quite sure what you aimed for here. Did you mean, apply this effect if a spell is activated when Ginsu, specifically, battles? If so, then that should probably be "If a Spell or Trap Card is activated during Damage Calculation in a battle involving this card, negate the effect of that card and return it to the top of the owner's Deck". Kind of...very specific effect; shuts down Shrink and emergency LR tricks, but that's about it, and your opponent can still activate those things before reaching the damage step, so it's kind of not a very useful effect, especially since the same synchro material could give us Aerial Blades instead. I'd say extend the favor to cover battle phases as a whole.

XIII - Tower Shield: Hmm...no tributeless set? Guess we're not playing this a lot in that way, then, not unless we're ready to synchro summon immediately. Anyway, the effect is useful enough, though I almost find myself wishing it would cover effect destruction too. (Balance? Who cares about balance? XDDD) Nice for a water-heavy deck, even though there aren't very many within this archetype that benefit.

XIII - Chakrams: With this archetype, that basically means this is always three stars. This + Gun Arrows is instant access to both synchros, as is this without the level boost and one of the Sitar's tokens. But then, tuning is just about all this is good for, so fair enough.

XIII - Sitar: so makes me wish those tokens were machine type. Would have been instant synchro summon again. Well, it's still a free Goyo Guardian and the tokens also combo nicely with Tower Shield, creating a battle phase lock of sorts. Definitely worth having around.

XIII - Claymores: Raging Flame Sprite with bells and whistles. If we get that aforementioned battle phase lock up, this thing can kill in a couple of turns. If we don't, we can still try to tune it with something. Oh, and it's Machine Duplication friendly too, and unlike Sitar it can also draw full benefit from it. Definitely a keeper for these.

XIII - Kunai: Eww...we're cutting our own attack power? D: The effect will rarely be useful (unless we want to Machine Dupe this, since cutting it down to 400 for a turn would let us get away with it) and it's hardly stellar in attack power. Level can synch with Chakram, but that's about it. Probably not a prime pick. Maybe make the attack drop a bit less...exclusive?

Castle Oblivion: Any help in pumping these little guys into the graveyard is welcome. Unfortunately, they're quite liable to mill this right into the graveyard as they go. XD

Chain of Memories: This could be continuous, imo. That way it would serve as a nifty pressure card in the deck. Especially if our opponent's are self-milling too. (Lightsworn, I'm looking at youuuu!)

Well, these are pretty interesting. Once you get going, you probably won't be normal summoning or setting once, but the low attack power on these little guys might cause problems. Obvious Lightsworn synergy here, so you will probably want to run Jain and Wulf for the muscle, and Ryko and Lyla for destruction effect. Those would also let you get away with running Solar Recharge as a deck-thinner and just generally pump up your self-milling to keep that field filled up. Pot of Avarice also deserves a try at least, as getting those five monsters in the graveyard shouldn't be a very big requirement, and once they get there you'll want them back in the deck to be discarded again anyway. Oh, and you could also try Quillbolt Hedgehog as it's machine and works with the tuners. Card Trooper is a practical must here too.

Overall, it looks like a first synchro-committed archetype. (Okay, not counting bio-tech) These guys swarm pretty easily, but aside from Claymores they have trouble actually dealing damage, so you'll want to tune them up as often as possible to put more big beaters on the field than your opponent can deal with.

Despite the potential for crazy swarming, I can also this deck getting some really horrible draws, and that compulsory loss of your normal summon can really bite you sometimes, so I'd say it evens out. Aerial Blades was the only one I could really classify as broken here and even that is hardly beyond repair. :3

Darkshine Angel
Fairy/Effect
4 Star/Dark
1850 Atk / 1200 Def

When this card destroys a Monster by Battle, you can Special Summon that Monster from your opponent's Graveyard to his/her Field at the end of the Battle Phase. If you do, inflict Damage to your opponent equal to the Atk of the monster Special Summoned by this effect.

Just a small taste. *Grins evilly*

Last edited:

Phanima

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
XIII - Aerial Blades: Okay, if there is a broken one here then it's this. Three attacks per turn for a negligible cost, and with this amount of attack power, already amounts to a total 6300 damage in one turn. Throw in Limiter Removal and your opponent might as well call it a day, as nothing short of a big wall of defense positions monsters or an attack negating backrow card will save them. Pretty easy to summon with six stars too. :x I'd say let it attack a number of monsters equal to the number of cards you discarded instead. That way, this will still wreak havoc but we don't get the crazy direct attack beatdown. Rectifying the wording, if you go that route:

"Once per turn, you can send up to three cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard. This card can attack a number of your opponent's Monsters equal to the number of cards sent to the Graveyard by this effect. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, all Monsters used to Synchro Summon it are returned to their owner's Deck."

Also, as it is you are only allowed to synchro summon this with two monsters, one tuner and one non-tuner, no more, no less. Is this inentional? If not, then you'll want to change the synchro materials to "Any Tuner Monster + Any Machine Type non-Tuner Monster(s)

Edited as suggested, although I'm kind of confused about your last point. All Synchro monsters require 1 Tuner and 1 non-Tuner monster to summon right? If so, I don't really get your comment sorry. ^^;

XIII - Gun Arrows: you can drop the damage reduction, as this thing is pretty puny anyway. Besides, the summon is compulsory and locks down the normal summon or set of something bigger you probably would have wanted next turn, so I'd say it's pretty balanced.

XIII - Ginsu: I'm...not quite sure what you aimed for here. Did you mean, apply this effect if a spell is activated when Ginsu, specifically, battles? If so, then that should probably be "If a Spell or Trap Card is activated during Damage Calculation in a battle involving this card, negate the effect of that card and return it to the top of the owner's Deck". Kind of...very specific effect; shuts down Shrink and emergency LR tricks, but that's about it, and your opponent can still activate those things before reaching the damage step, so it's kind of not a very useful effect, especially since the same synchro material could give us Aerial Blades instead. I'd say extend the favor to cover battle phases as a whole.

Yeah, I was going for the whole 'negation of Spell and Traps during the Battle Phase when this card battles', except with the added effect of returning them to their owner's Deck if used. Added in just to provide another Synchro monster to the set really.

XIII - Tower Shield: Hmm...no tributeless set? Guess we're not playing this a lot in that way, then, not unless we're ready to synchro summon immediately. Anyway, the effect is useful enough, though I almost find myself wishing it would cover effect destruction too. (Balance? Who cares about balance? XDDD) Nice for a water-heavy deck, even though there aren't very many within this archetype that benefit.

XIII - Chakrams: With this archetype, that basically means this is always three stars. This + Gun Arrows is instant access to both synchros, as is this without the level boost and one of the Sitar's tokens. But then, tuning is just about all this is good for, so fair enough.

XIII - Sitar: so makes me wish those tokens were machine type. Would have been instant synchro summon again. Well, it's still a free Goyo Guardian and the tokens also combo nicely with Tower Shield, creating a battle phase lock of sorts. Definitely worth having around.

XIII - Claymores: Raging Flame Sprite with bells and whistles. If we get that aforementioned battle phase lock up, this thing can kill in a couple of turns. If we don't, we can still try to tune it with something. Oh, and it's Machine Duplication friendly too, and unlike Sitar it can also draw full benefit from it. Definitely a keeper for these.

XIII - Kunai: Eww...we're cutting our own attack power? D: The effect will rarely be useful (unless we want to Machine Dupe this, since cutting it down to 400 for a turn would let us get away with it) and it's hardly stellar in attack power. Level can synch with Chakram, but that's about it. Probably not a prime pick. Maybe make the attack drop a bit less...exclusive?

More of an RP-inspired card, with the whole Attribute specification but I've changed it to decreasing all monsters ATK on the field by 800 excluding itself.

Castle Oblivion: Any help in pumping these little guys into the graveyard is welcome. Unfortunately, they're quite liable to mill this right into the graveyard as they go. XD

Chain of Memories: This could be continuous, imo. That way it would serve as a nifty pressure card in the deck. Especially if our opponent's are self-milling too. (Lightsworn, I'm looking at youuuu!)

Well, these are pretty interesting. Once you get going, you probably won't be normal summoning or setting once, but the low attack power on these little guys might cause problems. Obvious Lightsworn synergy here, so you will probably want to run Jain and Wulf for the muscle, and Ryko and Lyla for destruction effect. Those would also let you get away with running Solar Recharge as a deck-thinner and just generally pump up your self-milling to keep that field filled up. Pot of Avarice also deserves a try at least, as getting those five monsters in the graveyard shouldn't be a very big requirement, and once they get there you'll want them back in the deck to be discarded again anyway. Oh, and you could also try Quillbolt Hedgehog as it's machine and works with the tuners. Card Trooper is a practical must here too.

Overall, it looks like a first synchro-committed archetype. (Okay, not counting bio-tech) These guys swarm pretty easily, but aside from Claymores they have trouble actually dealing damage, so you'll want to tune them up as often as possible to put more big beaters on the field than your opponent can deal with.

Despite the potential for crazy swarming, I can also this deck getting some really horrible draws, and that compulsory loss of your normal summon can really bite you sometimes, so I'd say it evens out. Aerial Blades was the only one I could really classify as broken here and even that is hardly beyond repair. :3

It's funny, I never even heard of Lightsworns' effects before I made this set and here I was hoping for some originality. xP Suggestions definitely noted and much appreciated though. Now to make the deck. 8D

Darkshine Angel
Fairy/Effect
4 Star/Dark
1850 Atk / 1200 Def

When this card destroys a Monster by Battle, you can Special Summon that Monster from your opponent's Graveyard to his/her Field at the end of the Battle Phase. If you do, inflict Damage to your opponent equal to the Atk of the monster Special Summoned by this effect.

Just a small taste. *Grins evilly*

It's kind of like Alien Mother and Mystical Knight of Jackal combined...kinda. I'm assuming the attack justifies the level and effect but it will do some damage, despite giving your opponent a chance to tribute. That or force them onto the defensive if they can't counter, letting you destroy it again with this card anyway. Best leave the in depth exploitations to Ichypants. xP

It is tasty but now I'm all curious about what it's for. xD

Gah~ I have another set ready to approve but I know I shouldn't. The timing's not right~! A premature release would ruin it but I'm getting all excited. |O

I-I'll hold out... a little... longer. *flatlines*

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Edited as suggested, although I'm kind of confused about your last point. All Synchro monsters require 1 Tuner and 1 non-Tuner monster to summon right? If so, I don't really get your comment sorry. ^^;

Actually, standard synchro requires one tuner and any number of non-tuners. Air Blades, on the other hand, specifies only one of each. To exemplify the difference, let's compare synchro summoning for air blade with synchro summoning for Goyo Guardian, both being the same level. Suppose you have unboosted Chakrams (2 stars), Gun Arrows (3 stars), Claymores (1 star), Tower Shield (5 stars), and Cyber Valley (1 star) out. When synchro summoning for Goyo, we can offer either chakrams, gun arrows and Valley, or Clyamores and Tower Shield, as both combinations add up to six stars (2 + 3 + 1, and 5 + 1 respectively). When synchro summoning for Air Blades, however, the only legal combination would be Tower Shield + Claymores, because Chakrams + Gun Arrows + Cyber Valley includes two non-tuner monsters instead of the specified one. Now do you see the difference? :3 This difference also translates to Sitar being unable to tune for either of those synchros without the assistance of some off-set 4-star, because the levels won't add up without exceeding the material limit. (waterform tokens won't work, since they're Aqua Type instead of the specified machine type)

Yeah, I was going for the whole 'negation of Spell and Traps during the Battle Phase when this card battles', except with the added effect of returning them to their owner's Deck if used. Added in just to provide another Synchro monster to the set really.

So, do you mean the effect starts applying after Ginsu battles, when and after Ginsu battles, just when Ginsu battles, or during the entire battle phase? oO All of these create a distinctly different scenario. To exemplify again, suppose your opponent has Cyber Dragon (2100 Atk) and Gyroid (1000 Atk) in attack position and Shrink set while you have Ginsu and Gun Arrows in attack and Enemy Controller in your hand.

Scenario one: your opponent can react to Ginsu attacking Cyber Dragon with Shrink in the damage step, (since case Ginsu will not have battled yet) and wipe it out. Enemy Controller can't save your butt here since battle positions for this battle have already been determined. If you choose to sick both on Gyroid, your opponent can not react to Gun Arrows (and thus destroy it) because Ginsu's effect would have applied itself for the remainder of the battle phase. Your opponent can still react to Ginsu attacking Gyroid, but won't be able to get rid of it as half of Ginsu's Atk (1150) is still higher than Gyroid's 1000.

Scenario two: your opponent can still react to Ginsu attacking Cyber Dragon, but they have to flip Shrink early (in response to the declaration), allowing you to chain Enemy Controller and either turn Cyber Dragon into defense or tribute Gun Arrows to steal Cyber Dragon and cause a replay, both scenarios saving Ginsu from destruction. Regardless of what you and your opponent do or don't do, Gun Arrows is still free to rip Gyroid a new one as long as Ginsu went first.

Scenario three: Ginsu is protected just like in scenario two, but your opponent can still decide to kill off Gun Arrows with impunity if it choses to attack Gyroid, as this battle would not involve Ginsu and would fall outside of its protection effect.

Scenario four: Your opponent's set card is unable to serve as anything but lukewarm stall, because unless they flip it on the Main Phase Ginsu will just spin it away.

Erm...I hope this clarified? XD

Anyway, I'd say make it a different level than Air Blades to give this guys a bit more options in tuning and lessen the rivalry. :3

As for the purpose of my little angel...hee...well, suffice to say that it's always nice to have a spare thematic or two to lean back on. XD

Darkshine Envoy
Fairy/Effect
4 Star/Dark
1600 Atk / 800 Def

When this card is summoned successfully, add one "Darkshine" Monster from your Deck to your Hand and your opponent adds one Monster Card from their Deck to their Hand.

Darkshine Leash

Fairy/Effect
2 Star/Dark
800 Atk / 600 Def

When this card Attacks a Monster your opponent controls and is destroyed by Battle, it becomes an Equip Spell card equipped to that Monster. A Monster equipped with this card can not be offered as tribute. In addition, this card gains one of the following effects (you decide which).

- The equipped Monster is forced into Defense Position and can not activate or apply any of its card effects. During each of your opponent's Standby Phases, increase your opponent's Life Points by the Atk of the equipped Monster.
- The equipped Monster is forced into Attack Position. During each of your Standby Phases, lose Life Points equal to half the equipped Monster's Atk and control of the equipped Monster is switched to you until the end of the turn.

Darkshine Mirror
Fairy/Effect
1 Star/Dark
0 Atk / 1900 Def

This Attack Position card can not be destroyed. Whenever you would receive Battle Damage from a Battle involving this card, that damage becomes zero and your opponent gains Life Points equal to the amount of Damage you would have received instead.

Darkshine Watcher
Fairy/Effect
3 Star/Dark
1150 Atk / 1300 Def

Once per turn, by paying 1000 Life Points, select one Normal Trap Card in your opponent's Graveyard and activate its effect. (the timing of the card must still be met) After this effect resolves, the card you selected is added to your opponent's Hand.

Darkshine Blaze
Continuous Spell

When this card is activated, your opponent gains 1000 Life Points for each "Darkshine" card you control. During each of your Standby Phases, inflict 500 Damage to your opponent for every 1000 Life Points they gained from this effect.

Darkshine Beacon
Normal Spell

Add one card from your Graveyard to the top of your Deck. Your opponent adds one card from their Graveyard to their Hand.

Darkshine Renewal
Continuous Spell

During each End Phase, gain Life Points equal to the amount of Life Points your opponent gained this turn.

Yeah, pretty weird set, but I'm fairly confident we don't have any actual theme pulling in this direction yet. XD Will add more to it later.

Last edited:

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
Years
Another Card in my Pokemon series.

Name: Pokemon Stadium
Field Spell
Downgrade all "Pokemon" monsters in both players hands and on the field by 1 Level. Increase the ATK and DEF of all "Pokemon" monsters by 300 points.

I've yet to do this one but here is Arceus:

Name: Arceus
Attribute: Light
Level: 10
ATK: 3000
DEF: 3000
Rarity: Secret Rare
[Beast / Pokemon / Effect]
This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card can only be Normal Summoned or Set by offering 3 monsters as a tribute. During your Standby Phase, you must pay 700 Life Points to keep this card in play, if you cannot, this card is removed from play. If this card is face-up on your side of the field and the following cards are in your hand: "Zap Plate", "Dread Plate", "Flame Plate", "Splash Plate", "Sky Plate" and "Earth Plate", you win the duel.

Yeah it's not much but...

Oh and what are Synchro Monsters? I guess I haven't been updating on current cards...

Last edited:

Phanima

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Actually, standard synchro requires one tuner and any number of non-tuners. Air Blades, on the other hand, specifies only one of each. To exemplify the difference, let's compare synchro summoning for air blade with synchro summoning for Goyo Guardian, both being the same level. Suppose you have unboosted Chakrams (2 stars), Gun Arrows (3 stars), Claymores (1 star), Tower Shield (5 stars), and Cyber Valley (1 star) out. When synchro summoning for Goyo, we can offer either chakrams, gun arrows and Valley, or Clyamores and Tower Shield, as both combinations add up to six stars (2 + 3 + 1, and 5 + 1 respectively). When synchro summoning for Air Blades, however, the only legal combination would be Tower Shield + Claymores, because Chakrams + Gun Arrows + Cyber Valley includes two non-tuner monsters instead of the specified one. Now do you see the difference? :3 This difference also translates to Sitar being unable to tune for either of those synchros without the assistance of some off-set 4-star, because the levels won't add up without exceeding the material limit. (waterform tokens won't work, since they're Aqua Type instead of the specified machine type)

I-I understand! That makes things soooo much easier. xD Alright then, I'll go with the 'any' key option. To think I was that careless...

So, do you mean the effect starts applying after Ginsu battles, when and after Ginsu battles, just when Ginsu battles, or during the entire battle phase? oO All of these create a distinctly different scenario. To exemplify again, suppose your opponent has Cyber Dragon (2100 Atk) and Battle Gyroid (1000 Atk) in attack position and Shrink set while you have Ginsu and Gun Arrows in attack and Enemy Controller in your hand.

Scenario one: your opponent can react to Ginsu attacking Cyber Dragon with Shrink in the damage step, (since case Ginsu will not have battled yet) and wipe it out. Enemy Controller can't save your butt here since battle positions for this battle have already been determined. If you choose to sick both on Gyroid, your opponent can not react to Gun Arrows (and thus destroy it) because Ginsu's effect would have applied itself for the remainder of the battle phase. Your opponent can still react to Ginsu attacking Gyroid, but won't be able to get rid of it as half of Ginsu's Atk (1150) is still higher than Gyroid's 1000.

Scenario two: your opponent can still react to Ginsu attacking Cyber Dragon, but they have to flip Shrink early (in response to the declaration), allowing you to chain Enemy Controller and either turn Cyber Dragon into defense or tribute Gun Arrows to steal Cyber Dragon and cause a replay, both scenarios saving Ginsu from destruction. Regardless of what you and your opponent do or don't do, Gun Arrows is still free to rip Gyroid a new one as long as Ginsu went first.

Scenario three: Ginsu is protected just like in scenario two, but your opponent can still decide to kill off Gun Arrows with impunity if it choses to attack Gyroid, as this battle would not involve Ginsu and would fall outside of its protection effect.

Scenario four: Your opponent's set card is unable to serve as anything but lukewarm stall, because unless they flip it on the Main Phase Ginsu will just spin it away.

Erm...I hope this clarified? XD

Anyway, I'd say make it a different level than Air Blades to give this guys a bit more options in tuning and lessen the rivalry. :3

So many options~ Um, I think for simplicity's sake and since it was pretty much what I was trying to do in the first place, scenario four is the one for Ginsu. And I've lowered his level to 5, along with his stats and with an effect that goes something like this:

"During each of your Battle Phases, if your opponent would activate a Spell or Trap Card, negate the effect of that card and return it to the top of his/her Deck. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, all Monsters used to Synchro Summon it are returned to their owner's Deck."

Oh and what are Synchro Monsters? I guess I haven't been updating on current cards...

Synchro monsters are basically a new type of monster card (ie. similar to normal, effect, ritual, etc.). They act like ritual monster cards in the fact they need to be summoned by tributing monsters whose total level equals their own, but they also need what are known as Tuner monsters as part of the tribute to be summoned. All Synchro monsters are set in the Extra Deck zone (the old Fusion Deck zone) and return there if an effect returns them to the hand or main deck, otherwise, if they're destroyed, they go to the graveyard like any other monster.

If that was a little hard to understand, just go here to read more about them. :3

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
... Dream monster post again! Time for:

Dream Sanctuary
Field Spell
Effect: Whilst this card is on the field, all Dream monsters gain 500 ATK. This card gains a Spell Counter each time a Dream monster is Normal Summoned. When a Dream monster is destroyed, you may Special Summon it back from the Graveyard by removing one Spell Counter from this card.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Pokémon stadium: Fine, except that "Pokémon" Monster with those quotation marks is shorthand for 'Monster with "Pokémon" in its name', and none of those cards have 'pokémon' in their names so that card doesn't affect anything. :\

Arceus: um...yay for super-specific win condition? Seriously, this is even worse than trying to assemble Exodia, and we all know how hard that is. D:

Dream Sanctuary: Broken as heck. As it is, any of those that you summon has at least two lives. And that's not counting the beatstick Atks they hit, and the whole dream counter jazz, and...I'll just stop here. Needs revision. :<

Oh, and just to round something else off.

Noblesse Oblige
(revised)
Normal Spell

Return one card from your Hand to your Deck. Add one "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" Monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your Hand. While you control a "Curran" or "Pikeru" Monster, you do not need to return a card to your Deck.

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Trying to make more synergy for my Alchemy Archetype.
The base is on Tributes / Attribute Change.

Needs balancing since it's only beginning brainstorm.

Koleros
Quick-Play Spell
Increase the ATK of 1 face-up monster you control by 500 points until the End Phase. This card is treated as a FIRE-type monster while it is in the Graveyard.

Sanguinus
Quick-Play Spell
Change the battle position of one face-up monster on the field. This card is treated as a WIND-type monster while it is in the Graveyard.

Melankas
Normal Trap
Decrease the ATK of 1 face-up monster by 100 x its level until the End Phase. This card is treated as a EARTH-type monster while it is in the Graveyard.

Flemia
Equip Spell
A monster equipped with this card is unaffected by effects that change its ATK or DEF. During your Main Phase, you can send this face-up card to the Graveyard. This card is treated as a WATER-type monster while it is in the Graveyard.

Berith, Alchemic Fiend
( 5 Stars / WIND / Fiend / Effect Monster)
1900 / 1200

When this card is Summoned, select an Attribute. This card gains the selected Attribute. During your Main Phase, you can tribute this face-up card to Special Summon 1 monster from your Graveyard that shares the same Attribute as this card but has fewer stars.

Hydrargyrum
( 4 Stars / WATER / Aqua / Effect Monster )
600 / 600

Tribute 1 monster on your side of the field to quadruple the original ATK of this monster until the End Phase. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, Special Summon it during your next Standby Phase in Defense Position. If this card was Special Summoned as a result of its own effect, it cannot change battle positions, except with a card effect.

Salinas the Solid
( 3 Stars / EARTH / Rock / Effect Monster )
0 / 2000

Once per turn, select 1 Monster on your side of the field and 1 Attribute. The selected monster cannot declare an attack this turn. Special Summon 1 "Saline Token" to your side of the field. The "Saline Token" has the same level / ATK / DEF as the selected monster and has the same Attribute as the one chosen.

Brimstone Beast
( 4 Stars / FIRE / Pyro / Effect Monster )
1400 / 1700

Tribute this face-up card and remove 1 Monster card in your Graveyard from play to add 1 Monster card from your Deck that shares an Attribute with the card removed. If this card was Tributed for its own effect, Special Summon it during your next Standby Phase.

Paracelsus
( 2 Stars / WATER / Spellcaster / Effect Monster )
0 / 1100

If you control a face-up level 3 Monster, you can Tribute it to Special Summon this card from your Graveyard or Hand. If this card was Special Summoned, inflict 400 damage to your opponent's life points. Tribute this face-up card to inflict 400 points of damage to your opponent.

Philosopher's Stone
Continuous Spell
Whenever a monster is Tributed, inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent's life points and increase your life points by 500.

Lead Golem
( 1 Star / EARTH / Rock / Effect Monster )
0 / 0

When this card is sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Lead Golem" from your Deck in Attack Position.

Aurum Golem
( 8 Stars / FIRE / Rock / Effect Monster )
2800 / 1900

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing from play 3 "Lead Golem" from your Graveyard. Once per turn, select an Attribute. This card gains that Attribute until your opponent's next End Phase. This card cannot be destroyed by battle when battling with a monster that shares the same Attribute as it.

Last edited:

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
Years
43617bd0.jpg

Effect (in case you can't read it very well): "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This card gains 100 ATK for every Dragon-type monster in any Graveyard. If you have a card with "Red-Eyes" in its name on your side of the field, you may tribute this card to Special Summon one "Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon" to your side of the field. When this card is destroyed sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, you may Special Summon one Dragon-Type monster from your Graveyard.

I'll post some more in a bit.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
43617bd0.jpg

Effect (in case you can't read it very well): "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This card gains 100 ATK for every Dragon-type monster in any Graveyard. If you have a card with "Red-Eyes" in its name on your side of the field, you may tribute this card to Special Summon one "Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon" to your side of the field. When this card is destroyed sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, you may Special Summon one Dragon-Type monster from your Graveyard.

I'll post some more in a bit.

Just to say that it would be "1 tuner monster + "Red-Eyes Black Dragon""

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
1 Tuner + "Red-Eyes B. Dragon"
This card gains 100 ATK for every Dragon-Type monster in any Graveyard. If you control a card with "Red-Eyes" in its name, on your side of the field other than "Red-Eyes Linting Dragon", you can Tribute this card to Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon" to your side of the field from your ?. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, you can Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type monster from your Graveyard.

Last edited:

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
Years
Just to say that it would be "1 tuner monster + "Red-Eyes Black Dragon""

1 Tuner + "Red-Eyes B. Dragon"
This card gains 100 ATK for every Dragon-Type monster in any Graveyard. If you control a card with "Red-Eyes" in its name, on your side of the field other than "Red-Eyes Linting Dragon", you can Tribute this card to Special Summon 1 "Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon" to your side of the field from your ?. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, you can Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type monster from your Graveyard.

Thanks for the OCG Help. =]

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
Years
Pokémon stadium: Fine, except that "Pokémon" Monster with those quotation marks is shorthand for 'Monster with "Pokémon" in its name', and none of those cards have 'pokémon' in their names so that card doesn't affect anything. :\
So I should put: "Pokemon" Subtype Monsters
Is that ok? If so I'll update all my cards that have it.

Downgrade all "Pokemon" Subtype Monsters in both players hands and on the field by 1 Level. Increase the ATK and DEF of all "Pokemon" Subtype Monsters by 300 points.

Or should I just take out the quotation marks?

Arceus: um...yay for super-specific win condition? Seriously, this is even worse than trying to assemble Exodia, and we all know how hard that is. D:
:P Yep but the "Plate" Cards are also Equip Spells. I haven't thought of how much they will increase the ATK and/or DEF by but they can only be equipped to a certain attribute. e.g. Zap Plate can only be equipped to Light attribute and Splash Plate only for Water attribute. But they can all be equipped to Arceus. Only one can be equipped at a time though, and changes Arceus' attribute. Arceus is originally a Light attribute, but equipped with the Dread Plate, and it becomes a Dark attribute. :)
And I think there's cards that can add an equip spell from your deck to your hand. And I know there's Magician of Faith, which brings a Spell Card from your graveyard to your hand when it's flipped. And to make it even worse...Arceus and all plates are Limited like Exodia. 1 of each card per deck :D
Oh and don't forget about Arceus' cost effect. 700 Life Points every Standby Phase.
2 "Solemn Wishes" will go well with Arceus. Effect: "You gain 500 Life Points when you draw a card (or cards)."
2 of them will make it 1000 ;)

EDIT: Is this ok for a Plate card?

Name: Dread Plate
Equip Spell
This card can only be equipped to DARK attribute monsters and "Arceus" Increase the ATK and DEF of the equipped monster by 500 points. Only 1 "Plate" card can be equipped at a time. If "Arceus" is equipped with this card, it's attribute is treated as DARK.

Last edited:
Back