• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Another thing would be that if the trainer types there name, and it has an empty value(The memory where the name is suppose to be stored) it will use an empty value. I guess adding another argument to it, and also another argument to Kernel.pbFreeText to make it so the player has to input a value.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Battle Tower seems much improved at first glance(as it now returns your pokemon it borrowed yay), but "Rest" still glitches. You are allowed to rest, then it saves your game. But upon restarting the save and returning, the game crashes. Restarting again after that takes you back to the game where the NPC tells you you didn't save and you can't continue where you left off (the point of the "Rest" option).

Also, the banlist seems off. Or at least unfaithful to the source game. Garchomp was banned. I tested Gachomp, Gengar, and Suicune to see what was allowed. Clarification on this would be appreciated.

This was just testing lvl 50 Battle Tower. I'll test the rest of the frontier maps this week more thoroughly.

I'd also like to make more Battle Tower movesets for pokemon if your willing to take submissions. I'd keep it in the same format so that all you'd have to do for the next release is copy/paste.
This is the first I've heard of these problems (i.e. no one mentioned them before). I don't care for the Battle Frontier myself, so I don't really look at it. I rely on people reporting problems.

If you want to update any of the PBS files, go right ahead. They only include Gens 1-3 Pokémon/moves after all, and could do with improving.

1: You can't catch a trainer's Shadow Pokemon. They block my Pokéball every time.
2: In the cave by Cedolan City ore whatever it's called, if you put a strength boulder on the switch, the trainer still says it isn't on it.
3: Best explained by this image. Happened trying to get off the bicycle.
35inq0o.jpg
1. Are you using a Snag Ball and/or have $PokemonGlobal.snagMachine=true? The fact that the target Pokémon is a Shadow Pokémon is irrelevant.
2. The wrong event's Self Switch is toggled by the checking event. A simple fix. It works otherwise.
3. If you're going to enter the Cycle Road with a dependent event, that's your fault. Any sensible person wouldn't allow that.

Another thing would be that if the trainer types there name, and it has an empty value(The memory where the name is suppose to be stored) it will use an empty value. I guess adding another argument to it, and also another argument to Kernel.pbFreeText to make it so the player has to input a value.
I'll have a look at modifying that.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
I've just tested it in the bleeding-edge version of Essentials, and despite my tweaks to it, it still becomes light around 11:30pm. I don't know if I can actually fix it, so the next best option is to remove the feature altogether.
Let's me try again: Did you tested my fix?

Maruno

Years
Let's me try again: Did you tested my fix?
I applied your fix using superficially different code (i.e. it was functionally identical, but a bit neater) back in v9, but it didn't work. I'm sure it did the same thing.

Anyway, I've removed the whole thing from v10. All days are identical now.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2018
I suppose this discussion belongs in here, rather than the thread above.

I somehow figured out what the problem was when I was trying to use Dive... it was very random ._.

It was this autotile's fault
fNWLk.png

Whenever I touched the area in red the game crashed:
Spoiler:

I just had to use a normal tileset and now it works fine. I tried the same in v9.0 and it worked too.

And I think I found another glitch. When you tell Brendan to stop following you, he disappears.

Maruno

Years
Very odd. As I said, it doesn't happen to me.

And I think I found another glitch. When you tell Brendan to stop following you, he disappears.
That's what dependent events do. You'll need to think up some commands to put in its common event which replace the temporary dependent event with a real one.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2017
Outrage doesn't work right. When the move ends, the opponent gets a free turn, and you won't be confused. I think it only happens when you KO the opponent's pokemon with the move. They switch in their poke and get a free attack.

And it might be related, but when I ended my outrage, the opponent switched in a new pokemon (theirs fainted from my Outrage attack), got a free turn and used Roar, switching me out. I switched right back in and couldn't use the Outrage anymore.

Battle Tower Testing

1. The Battle Factory doesn't work. When the game goes to generate your pokemon, it gives this error:

Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 1, map 63 (Battle Factory intro corridor):

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `pbPrepareRentals' for nil:NilClass

***Full script:

pbBattleChallenge.extra.pbPrepareRentals

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1599:in `eval'

Interpreter:1599:in `command_355'

Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'

Scene_Map:114:in `update'

Scene_Map:68:in `main'
2. The Battle Arena doesn't work as the games do. Rather than ending after 3 rounds and going to a judge, battles go on until a pokemon is KOd like a regular battle. However, you can't switch out, and you don't chose your next pokemon (it automatically picks the next in line to go out), so maybe it is working as intended.

3. Battle Tower seems to be working fine. Same with Battle Palace.

4. Generating New Teams option never seems to get past Simulating battle 1.I've had it crash and give an error message and I've had it just stay on that screen for 5 minutes before I gave up on it. Not even sure what it does at this point. It seems to just be a debugging feature, so I'm not too concerned about it

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
Outrage doesn't work right. When the move ends, the opponent gets a free turn, and you won't be confused. I think it only happens when you KO the opponent's pokemon with the move. They switch in their poke and get a free attack.

And it might be related, but when I ended my outrage, the opponent switched in a new pokemon (theirs fainted from my Outrage attack), got a free turn and used Roar, switching me out. I switched right back in and couldn't use the Outrage anymore.
A simple coding error. I missed out a few @battle. from class PokeBattle_Move_0D2 (three in total). They go before pbRandom, pbCommonAnimation and pbDisplay.

Battle Tower Testing

1. The Battle Factory doesn't work. When the game goes to generate your pokemon, it gives this error:

2. The Battle Arena doesn't work as the games do. Rather than ending after 3 rounds and going to a judge, battles go on until a pokemon is KOd like a regular battle. However, you can't switch out, and you don't chose your next pokemon (it automatically picks the next in line to go out), so maybe it is working as intended.

3. Battle Tower seems to be working fine. Same with Battle Palace.

4. Generating New Teams option never seems to get past Simulating battle 1.I've had it crash and give an error message and I've had it just stay on that screen for 5 minutes before I gave up on it. Not even sure what it does at this point. It seems to just be a debugging feature, so I'm not too concerned about it
1. It's never worked. Someone more interested than me needs to figure out a solution.

2. I don't know what was intended, because it was like that before I got it (at least, I haven't knowingly changed it). Again, someone with interest and knowledge of the Battle Frontier (I have none) needs to look at it.

4. That option appears in Debug mode only, as you say. As far as I can tell, it's literally pointless, as the information it tries to generate isn't saved or used anywhere. Looks like yet another unfinished feature.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
I found another bug here:
I deposited all my Pokemon except Espeon into the PC, and went into the ice cave and saw a Snorunt. I caught it, and it never appeared. Anywhere. It wasn't in my party, nor in the PC.

Maruno

Years
I found another bug here:
I deposited all my Pokemon except Espeon into the PC, and went into the ice cave and saw a Snorunt. I caught it, and it never appeared. Anywhere. It wasn't in my party, nor in the PC.
Any more details? I started a new game, deposited 2 Pokémon, went into Ice Cave, encountered and caught a Smoochum with a Master Ball, and it worked just fine.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
1-From Cedolan Dept. Store: "The board on the right describes the store layout". There's no event in the board on the right.

2-The "Random Dungeon sign" says that the wild pokémon level are based in my party level, but all wild pokémon levels are 1.

3-The NPC who talks about Strength is saying that the bolder isn't on switch even when this is on switch!

4-The rival event isn't moving.

5-The pokémart has some tileset movimentation problems.

6-The Hiker, the Fisherman and the Beauty starts a single battle and, after, a double battle. It is correct?

7-In dive map I can submerge outside the dive area.

8-I can't return to the player house when variable 1 have a String value. To fix, only set the first variable to 0 in the door event.

Code:
Exception: ArgumentError
Game_Event_:161:in `<'
Game_Event_:161:in `nf_particles_game_map_refresh'
Game_Event_:148:in `each'
Game_Event_:148:in `nf_particles_game_map_refresh'
Particle_Engine:596:in `refresh'
Game_Event_:20:in `nf_particles_game_map_initialize'
Particle_Engine:591:in `initialize'
Game_Map_:57:in `new'
Game_Map_:57:in `setup'
Game_Map_:56:in `each'

9-Error in the National Park Pavillion teleport coordinates even if I didn't enter in the Bug-Contest. If I enter, I get teleported to the wrong place (in the left building) and, in the end:

Code:
Message: Section119:115:in `pbJudge'No encounters for map 29, so can't judge contest
***Full script:
pbBugContestState.pbStartJudging

PokemonBugContest:112:in `each'
PokemonBugContest:112:in `pbJudge'
PokemonBugContest:152:in `pbStartJudging'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Any more details? I started a new game, deposited 2 Pokémon, went into Ice Cave, encountered and caught a Smoochum with a Master Ball, and it worked just fine.

I tried it with Swinub just now with a capture was successful, but it wasn't added.

I tried switching out my Espeon for another single Pokemon, and even multiple Pokemon, but nothing changes.

In the end, after catching about ten Pokémon and experimenting numerous ways, I concluded that simply having the snag machine enabled is the problem. Somehow.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
I tried it with Swinub just now with a capture was successful, but it wasn't added.

I tried switching out my Espeon for another single Pokemon, and even multiple Pokemon, but nothing changes.

In the end, after catching about ten Pokémon and experimenting numerous ways, I concluded that simply having the snag machine enabled is the problem. Somehow.
In an older version I fix this problem adding ' && @opponent' in the line 'if pbIsSnagBall?(ball)'

Maruno

Years
1-From Cedolan Dept. Store: "The board on the right describes the store layout". There's no event in the board on the right.

2-The "Random Dungeon sign" says that the wild pokémon level are based in my party level, but all wild pokémon levels are 1.

3-The NPC who talks about Strength is saying that the bolder isn't on switch even when this is on switch!

4-The rival event isn't moving.

5-The pokémart has some tileset movimentation problems.

6-The Hiker, the Fisherman and the Beauty starts a single battle and, after, a double battle. It is correct?

7-In dive map I can submerge outside the dive area.

8-I can't return to the player house when variable 1 have a String value. To fix, only set the first variable to 0 in the door event.

Code:
Exception: ArgumentError
Game_Event_:161:in `<'
Game_Event_:161:in `nf_particles_game_map_refresh'
Game_Event_:148:in `each'
Game_Event_:148:in `nf_particles_game_map_refresh'
Particle_Engine:596:in `refresh'
Game_Event_:20:in `nf_particles_game_map_initialize'
Particle_Engine:591:in `initialize'
Game_Map_:57:in `new'
Game_Map_:57:in `setup'
Game_Map_:56:in `each'
9-Error in the National Park Pavillion teleport coordinates even if I didn't enter in the Bug-Contest. If I enter, I get teleported to the wrong place (in the left building) and, in the end:

Code:
Message: Section119:115:in `pbJudge'No encounters for map 29, so can't judge contest
***Full script:
pbBugContestState.pbStartJudging

PokemonBugContest:112:in `each'
PokemonBugContest:112:in `pbJudge'
PokemonBugContest:152:in `pbStartJudging'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

1. Laziness.

2. The script applies to the wrong map number. Look in the script section PokemonEncounterModifiers and you can fix it yourself.

3. Previously mentioned in this thread, as is the solution.

4. That's very odd behaviour. For some reason, it's because the rival event's Self Switch A is on. I have no idea why that would affect its movement.

5. Movimentation problems, you say? Yes, there's non-existent tiles scattered around the map which behave as impassable tiles. That'll teach me to draw over maps from the old Essentials rather than making new ones from scratch. Also, a couple of minor passability changes in the tileset are needed.

6. Nope. I had it in my head that such a scenario worked the opposite way to how it actually works, and never actually checked.

7. I can't. Where are you diving from, and by what method?

8. The bottom right NPC downstairs (the one with all the messages) accidentally has a condition set, which checks whether Global Variable 1 is 0 or greater.

9. Again, errors made during mapping. The teleport events are easy to fix, and as for the judging error, find the following in the NPC events and fix the red numbers:

Code:
pbBugContestState.pbSetJudgingPoint(30,5,6)
pbBugContestState.pbSetReception([COLOR=Red]29[/COLOR],30)
pbBugContestState.pbSetContestMap([COLOR=Red]28[/COLOR])
pbBugContestState.pbSetPokemon(pbGet(1))
pbBugContestState.pbStart(20)

In an older version I fix this problem adding ' && @opponent' in the line 'if pbIsSnagBall?(ball)'
What he said.

You can encounter wild pokemon on sliding ice.
Noted.

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
Script "Interpreter" line 512 : NoMethod Error Occurred undefined method "unlock" for nil : NilClass

How to fix this? It is likely to pop up at random things... The latest is in the Mining Game

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
3. Previously mentioned in this thread, as is the solution.

7. I can't. Where are you diving from, and by what method?
3-Oops, I deleted from my list the wrong strenght issue! The right is: You can't pass the boulder through the hole.

7-The problem is that under the rock tiles you put underwater tag. I simply press C key in the screen (attached) point.

Attachments

• v10error.png
    v10error.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 10

Maruno

Years
3-Oops, I deleted from my list the wrong strenght issue! The right is: You can't pass the boulder through the hole.

7-The problem is that under the rock tiles you put underwater tag. I simply press C key in the screen (attached) point.
3. There's nothing wrong with the boulder-down-hole part. Try it again.

7. Oh, there. I thought you were talking about diving down from the surface. Yes, that's a tileset problem - the rocks which surround the area you're allowed to surf in need to have terrain tag 13 rather than 0.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
3. There's nothing wrong with the boulder-down-hole part. Try it again.

7. Oh, there. I thought you were talking about diving down from the surface. Yes, that's a tileset problem - the rocks which surround the area you're allowed to surf in need to have terrain tag 13 rather than 0.
3-I didn't notice, but to replicate this bug you need to put the other boulder over the switch.

Attachments

• v10bouldererror.png
    v10bouldererror.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 12

Maruno

Years
3-I didn't notice, but to replicate this bug you need to put the other boulder over the switch.
That's a by-product of the boulder-on-switch bug. If you fix that, the boulder-down-hole works completely.

Back