• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I was wondering, would it be possible for me to import the PokeNav from ruby into fr with ASM?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I was wondering, would it be possible for me to import the PokeNav from ruby into fr with ASM?

Anything can be done with ASM, of course I'm not saying something along those lines would be easy.
Not at all.
In fact, it would be a painstakingly difficult process if you don't know what you're doing, that if you managed to do and release to the community you'd probably gain a lot of respect, very fast.
Look at JPAN, his first 15 posts were pretty hardcore ASM hacks that worked, now every decent hacker knows the name JPAN.

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
You know the flags that mean that the over world sprite is invisible until the flag is set; for example, professor oak in pallet town in fire red. Is there flags like that in emerald? If so which ones?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
You know the flags that mean that the over world sprite is invisible until the flag is set; for example, professor oak in pallet town in fire red. Is there flags like that in emerald? If so which ones?
I think I asked that a whole while back... I found the answer:
Any flag/variable can be entered in the Person ID box to make someone hidden. You just have to make sure that that particular flag/variable is either set (in the case of flags) or not equal to one (in the case of variables) beforehand and that NPC should be hidden.
I think that's the answer you needed... If not, then maybe someone else can find an answer. But I'm pretty sure that's the answer.

Equin

Got it memorized?
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010

I think I asked that a whole while back... I found the answer:I think that's the answer you needed... If not, then maybe someone else can find an answer. But I'm pretty sure that's the answer.
Well, I believe otherwise. Orinjmate probably asked for some flags in Emerald that hide Overworlds from the beginning of the game, meaning that they're already set by pre-existing scripts.

Here are some flags that I found:
00AE to 00B3
02D1
03E3

You can find more if you look around A-Map, it's not hard.

Years
Annoying glitch

I'm testing my FireRed hack, and it's working fine so far, except for one major glitch that is extremely irksome.

Randomly during gameplay, the character will walk in the one direction continuously, as if the corresponding arrow key is being held down. It wears off after a moment or so, but it's still rather frustrating.

Does anyone know what is causing this glitch, and how to fix it?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
How do I increase the "range" of an NPC Trainer, so they can see and challenge the player from a greater distance?
You'd need knowledge on scripting, my friend. The command... It's:
Code:
move_camera 0x7F
According to the .rbh file in XSE. There should be a tutorial on that in the Tutorials sub-forum. Here, found this tutorial on it.

Pokemonguy1990

Pokemon Shoto Saga Creator
Years
What is the importance of "Hidden ID" On the Event Tab of AM in relation to Hidden items? I've noticed that every hidden item in the game has one, And I was wondering a few things.

1. If I insert my own Hidden Item, do I HAVE to have one of these Hidden IDs?
2.If so, How far do these Hidden IDs go?
3. Can I repeat the same Hidden ID more than once?

i've already gone through the game and found the one's used, from 00 to BE, I was trying to figure out what they were, but they don't make much sense to me, and i didn't find anything that really explained it, most tuts just jump over it.

Years
Advance Map - Flying Positions

Hello all, I really need help for this is confusing me while making my hack..

In Advance Map, I want to add a flying position on a route (that doesn't have one already). It doesn't show any configurations on how to create one anywhere. I'd really appreciate help on this matter.

Also, I'm willing to move a flying position from a town onto this route.

Thankz :D,
ROXON

Scythe_Ironclaw

For Iron Legion!
Years
HELP! FR/LG Town Map Color Problem...

Hello everybody.
As you may or may not know, I am working on a Leaf Green ROM Hack entitled "Pokemon Limestone"

I recently went through a tutorial on how to create and insert a custom town map into Pokemon FR/LG.

Here is where the problem begins.

The Tutorial fails to mention how to set the palettes.

I want the town map to look like this;
pokemonlimestoneregion1unfinished.jpg

*The Town markers are meant to look like that as the colors they use are PALETTE INDEX 1 and not 0.

But when I insert it into the game, the colors are all messed up!

It looks like this!
damn.png

I do have Advance Palette Editor but I do not know the town map palette offset!

This has me completely confused! I took a snapshot of the original KANTO town map and used the colors from the original KANTO town map!

Is there some way to index the colors or something to make the first image appear in the game as-is without this color distortion?

If you know the Town Map palette number in UNLZ GBA could you please tell me.
When I say "UNLZ GBA" palette number, I mean the number you punch in to go to a specific palette.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
What is the importance of "Hidden ID" On the Event Tab of AM in relation to Hidden items? I've noticed that every hidden item in the game has one, And I was wondering a few things.

1. If I insert my own Hidden Item, do I HAVE to have one of these Hidden IDs?
2.If so, How far do these Hidden IDs go?
3. Can I repeat the same Hidden ID more than once?

i've already gone through the game and found the one's used, from 00 to BE, I was trying to figure out what they were, but they don't make much sense to me, and i didn't find anything that really explained it, most tuts just jump over it.

A hidden id is like a flag. It sets once you pick up that hidden item.With that being said you cannot repeat the same hidden id more than once, once it's set all items with the same hidden id will be treated as if they have already been obtained.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
Ok so new problem.
I finally got the sprites indexed. I put it in the rom, after I find a place to put it with FSF. unlzGBA says it worked and it's in. It looks normal in the rom file. I play the rom, and when I get to the sprite it's all messed up, like it was torn apart by a dog.

Am I inserting the sprite wrong? Do I need to replace the palette for the pokemon when I insert it?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Ok so new problem.
I finally got the sprites indexed. I put it in the rom, after I find a place to put it with FSF. unlzGBA says it worked and it's in. It looks normal in the rom file. I play the rom, and when I get to the sprite it's all messed up, like it was torn apart by a dog.

Am I inserting the sprite wrong? Do I need to replace the palette for the pokemon when I insert it?
Can you show a screenshot of how it is "messed up"?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Ok so new problem.

make sure that the size of your sprite is 64x64 pixels in both height and width...

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
Hey first post here, I want to edit Pokemon Emerald, so that all Pokemon are available, is there a tool to edit wild Pokemon location, levels, rarity? and what program would you recommend for making scripts for legendary Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2019
Clueless

Hey.

i have just started to get into "Emulation"

i was so amazed that i quickly found a tutorial that came with everything i needed to make my own..

I'm an experience C# coder

But i'm clueless with making a ROM

As in... how do i edit the intro and so on..

Could anyone help? :P

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back