• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Landor Version

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 10, 2016
Developer's Note: This game is currently going through a huge overhaul. For this reason, this page will seem lacking for a little bit. If you want to know more about the game, please check the check the comment sections below for updates. Thank You!

Landorged Presents...

aKX7s9G.png

Introduction
Pokemon Landor is Pokemon fan-game made with RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials.

Story

Dreams. Pokémon and trainers alike are filled with them. Dreams can motivate, inspire, and heal. But, dreams can also destroy and damage.

Welcome to the Landor Region, an archipelago of different terrains and cultures. There are legends that the Landor Region has a special connection to dreams. People have told stories of a mysterious dream world, a place that is said to power the determination and will of trainers and also the bond-filled mega evolution. What is this dream world? Why does it exist? Find out all this and more on your Pokémon journey.

Characters
Protagonist
Why does everything always happen to the protagonist? Can the protagonist ever live a normal life? Nope.

Like the fate of many other protagonist's, you ,too, will experience things that the average joe would only dream of. You will go on a grand journey of discovery and strength. You will battle difficult trainers, masters of the element they train. And you will encounter an evil force, which only you can defeat. Along with all this, you will meet two strange people. One seems to act like a child, while the other seems to not understand humanity. These two people are pivotal to your journey; they will cause you great harm and happiness. But how exactly will these people affect your journey? There's only one way to find out!

Espen
Espen is a strange person. He seems to be intrigued by humanity in a way that other people wouldn't be. You also seem to be his first and only friend. Espen is also strange because he is very protective of you, even though he barely met you. It also doesn't help that you saw him in a dream once. Weird...

Mimi
Mimi is the archetype of the cutesy girl. She likes everything thats cute, fluffy, and lovable. Much like Espen, there's something strange about Mimi. Why are her mannerisms similar to those of a child? And why does she fear caves? I guess it's just hard for a protagonist to meet normal friends.

Features

• A whole new region
  • Generation 5 style graphics
  • 218 select Pokemon for the Regional Dex
  • Items, Moves, Abilities, Types updated to Generation 6
  • Luka S.J's Elite Battle System

Screenshots

TBA

Credits

Spoiler:

• Support Banner

TBA

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 16, 2016
Features and visuals looks awesome. Looking forward to release.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 4, 2024
looks awesome, question will this have the Gen VI style move tile graphics? or is that not possible?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 10, 2016
Features and visuals looks awesome. Looking forward to release.
Thank you so much! Hopefully the alpha will come out soon if I continue working at the pace I am going.

looks awesome, question will this have the Gen VI style move tile graphics? or is that not possible?
Thanks! I'm confused by the question, if you are referring to the battle menus and what not, I am using Luka S.J's Elite Battle System and the menus used with that. If you are referring to the move animations during battle, sadly I will not be able to make graphics for them.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 10, 2016
Sorry my question wasn't very clear. I mean the below

Ah, ok. Like I said previously, I will be using Luka S.J's Elite Battle System and the menu's used with that.
Spoiler:

I might switch to dual screen later in the future though, who knows.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Let's Critique: Pokemon Landor

Okay, before anyone says anything: I was given permission by the OP to post this here, and he even encouraged it. But, before I post the link to the video, I just wanted to give a run-down of what all this is. It's basically a series of me playing peoples "pre-alpha" version of their fan-games and me giving my impressions of them, as well as critiquing level layouts and gameplay functionality. Aside from that, I hope you all enjoy.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Final Episode

So, this concludes my Let's Critique of Pokemon Landor! Everything that could be said, has been said in the video, below.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 10, 2016
Hi there!

So after taking a 3 week break, I think I finally know the direction I want my game to take. For this reason, the main post might change frequently or stay empty for a little bit.
I want to thank Dylanrockin for talking a look at my pre-alpha and for giving me criticism and advice. Thanks to him, I am able to make my game more polished than what it was.
Currently, I am trying to update my tiles from 4th gen to 5th gen. Also, I have also changed the story and characters of my game. So, thats what I've been up too. Hopefully I can post another update soon.

Back