• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Map Making Competition - May 2015 [VOTING]

Map Making Competition - May 2015 [VOTING]

• Le Pug

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Deokishisu

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • *Luxio//Hacks*

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Hufen iâ

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Sensual

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • GoldenKHRP

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Welcome to May's Voting Round!

Rules:

· You may only vote once per month.
· Asking or bribing others to vote for your map, will be dealt with accordingly.
· Creating new accounts to vote will be dealt with accordingly.
· Voting via the thread is not counted, only votes via the poll count.

Maps:

1. Le Pug
Map name: Berry City
Comments: One of the cities of Pokemon Discovery
Credits: Listed in my thread

Spoiler:

2. Deokishisu
Map name: Central City
Comments: This is a map I made in late-2009 that now has to be remapped to fit the mapping style that I'm going for. This map and its concept greatly influenced the overall direction of the mapping style of my hack that will never eventually possibly be completed and then released within the next few years. I'll always be very fond of it for this reason. This was 6 years ago, and I've definitely gotten better since then, so please be gentle!
Credits: N/A

Spoiler:

3. *Luxio//Hacks*
Map name: Newville Town
Comments: A nice, simple, starter town.
Credits: FM (tiles)

Spoiler:

4. Hufen iâ
Map name: Starlight City
Comments: It's just a map I made for a ROM hack I gave up on, don't really remember what's going on in this picture, haha
Credits: Alucus_Of_Borg, WesleyFG, Magiscarf, Zeo254, Pokemon Diamond, Sylver1984, PkmnAqua and spherical-ice

Spoiler:

5. Sensual
Map name: Littleroot
Comments: First town in ma hack.
Credits: Magiscarf, Red x, me!

Spoiler:

6. GoldenKHRP
Map name: Avari City (I really don't know yet, will probably change)
Comments: This is some kind of financially driven city where the people chase their ideals. The symbol of the city is a big Zekrom statue which stands in the middle of a park in the centre of the city. I am planning to make another city which will be a counterpart of this one, that one shall have a Reshiram statue. The two cities are constantly in conflict.
I made most of the tiles myself with a few exceptions (see credits). This was a rather hard task since I had only a little time to actually work on it. So there might be a few errors that I have overlooked. Comments and feedback are always welcome.
Credits: Credits to Alistair and ChaoticCherryCake (ChaoticCherryCake used tiles from a lot of different mappers. A complete list can be found here: http://chaoticcherrycake.deviantart.com/journal/Credits-for-Tiles-367931482). And credits to Hek-eL-Grande for the Zekrom statue. I used some tiles from Emerald for the Fancy building above the park.

Spoiler:

Have Fun voting! Next Map Making Competition will start in a few days!!!!!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 25, 2023
TheRealOCD, I saw one of your VMs about your flooded basement, I hope everything is going well for you now after that. I'm glad to see that you are able to continue hosting these, I think I'll give the next one a shot (depending on the theme), although I'm not very artistically creative..

Now to comment on the current maps, I felt like none really had anything special or jumped out at me as impressive. All of them are either too sparse, too symmetrically plain, or looks like buildings were just puked up all over the place. I really can't think of anything else to say as that sums up all of them..

Last edited:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
TheRealOCD, I saw one of your VMs about your flooded basement, I hope everything is going well for you now after that. I'm glad to see that you are able to continue hosting these, I think I'll give the next one a shot (depending on the theme), although I'm not very artistically creative..

Now to comment on the current maps, I felt like none really had anything special or jumped out at me as impressive. All of them are either too sparse, too symmetrically plain, or looks like buildings were just puked up all over the place. I really can't think of anything else to say as that sums up all of them..

Thanks! I'm using my old laptop at the moment but i'm going to buy a new PC soon!

Dionen

deprived of sleep
Years
Even though Sensual's map had a beautifuuuuuuuuuuul set of tiles and pals, it feels kinda empty. The layout and the idea are amazing, but it needs detailing (some lamp posts, bushes, cracks, flowers maybe?) And the coast! It needs some water hitting there :P
I'm not a fan of default tiles, but Hufen iâ did a good job there. I'd only change the street, it is too irregular (The randomness of the buildings placement already do this job, doing it with the street just increases visual pollution). It's a good mix of vanilla and custom tiles, and the colors are great. Got my vote :v

Years
Voted for Hufen iâ's map. The tiles and mapping were great, good job!

Le Pug's was great also. The choice of tiles were exquisite. I don't know why, but when I stare at it, I feel empty inside. Don't know what's that.

Deokishisu, so you say your map was made 6 years ago? I say, it still looks awesome. Looks like a remapped Celadon City, tho.

*Luxio//Hacks*, the map looks great, but the path is ... uh, I don't know, a little too light?

Sensual, the tiles were awesome, but it looks empty =/

GoldenKHRP! I rate your map 11/10! If I can vote two times, I'll vote for yours and Hufen iâ.

Keep those maps a-comin'!

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
And the winner is....................Hufen iâ!!!!!!!

Congratulations to Hufen iâ for winning May's Map Making Competition!

July's thread will be up in a few days or so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back