• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU Team Help.

Soar

n00b
Years
Hey whatsup PC!? This is my second RMT. I have had roughly 50 or so battles with this team on PS and people rage quit about halfway through so i didnt have enough time to figure out some threats to this team. But Lets get into it!

Sableye @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave

Roserade @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Whirlwind
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

Roserade, Slowbro, and Snorlax have GREAT defensive Synergy. Sableye is a pain in the butt, with prankster and WoW, cripples any physical sweepers.

Any and all help would be welcome thanks :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Just so Snorlax's bulk is a bit more balanced, the EV spread should be 208 HP/124 Def/176 SDef.

Something to consider over Krookodile is Heracross because its STABs are stronger:
-Megahorn
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake/Sleep Talk
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie/Guts

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Firstly take PlatinumDude's suggestion for Snorlax, it enables you to take physical hits better which is what people will be trying to use on Snorlax.

However I think Scarf Krookodile fits better then Scarf Heracross on this team so I recommend you keep him. It has better synergy with the team and STAB Pursuit is always cool especially with Goth running around.

While this is a reasonable team I can't seem to see why style you're trying to play, you have 3 walls, an attacker and a spinblocker and a scarfer so I assume semi-stall? Which is cool but we need some changes, SR is crucial. I can't stress this enough especially since Slowbro and Snorlax rely primarily on hazards to be most effective. In which case I recommend placing Stealth Rock > Sludge Wave on Nidoking, you still get ample coverage but now you have SR. I'm hesitate to remove Nidoking because without it you can't do much against stall.

Foul Play is needed on Sableye over Night Shade, without it you are setup fodder to ChestoRest Kingdra or whatnot. Having the ability to smack them with their own boosted attack is nice.

Something to watch out for is Scarf Gothitelle, it can trap and kill Nidoking and more importantly Roserade, if you lose Roserade not only do you lose Spikes but threatening bulky waters become a pain to deal with. Since Shadow Tag can't be countered there's nothing we can do however play Roserade more conservatively if they have a Gothitelle waiting.

Just my 2 cents.

Soar

n00b
Years
Just so Snorlax's bulk is a bit more balanced, the EV spread should be 208 HP/124 Def/176 SDef.

Something to consider over Krookodile is Heracross because its STABs are stronger:
-Megahorn
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake/Sleep Talk
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie/Guts

I tried Heracross and he just didnt fit :P
But i am using the EV spread for snorlax.

Firstly take PlatinumDude's suggestion for Snorlax, it enables you to take physical hits better which is what people will be trying to use on Snorlax.

However I think Scarf Krookodile fits better then Scarf Heracross on this team so I recommend you keep him. It has better synergy with the team and STAB Pursuit is always cool especially with Goth running around.

I have seen more Goths around on the PS server and that became his primary use

While this is a reasonable team I can't seem to see why style you're trying to play, you have 3 walls, an attacker and a spinblocker and a scarfer so I assume semi-stall? Which is cool but we need some changes, SR is crucial. I can't stress this enough especially since Slowbro and Snorlax rely primarily on hazards to be most effective. In which case I recommend placing Stealth Rock > Sludge Wave on Nidoking, you still get ample coverage but now you have SR. I'm hesitate to remove Nidoking because without it you can't do much against stall.

Honestly this team i randomly made with a defensive core and an offensive core and went through several pokes and eventually landed on Sableye. But sableye has turned this into a semi-stall team. As for nidoking, i will take your suggestions. And i dont quite understand what you meant in the Undelined/Bold part.

Foul Play is needed on Sableye over Night Shade, without it you are setup fodder to ChestoRest Kingdra or whatnot. Having the ability to smack them with their own boosted attack is nice.

I feel like an idiot xD. I thought Foul Play was determined by My attack stat not the foes.

Something to watch out for is Scarf Gothitelle, it can trap and kill Nidoking and more importantly Roserade, if you lose Roserade not only do you lose Spikes but threatening bulky waters become a pain to deal with. Since Shadow Tag can't be countered there's nothing we can do however play Roserade more conservatively if they have a Gothitelle waiting.

Just my 2 cents.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Ah what I meant was without Nidoking a full stall team will easily beat you. A well played Nidoking will never beat stall for you but it can aid you significantly, besides full stall is still rare.

Soar

n00b
Years
Ah what I meant was without Nidoking a full stall team will easily beat you. A well played Nidoking will never beat stall for you but it can aid you significantly, besides full stall is still rare.

Hmm i am trying to decide if i should Switch nidoking for
Bisharp @ Leftovers
Trait: Jolly
EV's 252Attack/252 Speed/4 Hp
Substitute
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Brick Break/Low Sweep

Because porygon 2 is a big pain to my team, and Bisharp would take care of it with the Brick Break. Thoughts?

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Hmm i am trying to decide if i should Switch nidoking for
Bisharp @ Leftovers
Trait: Jolly
EV's 252Attack/252 Speed/4 Hp
Substitute
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Brick Break/Low Sweep

Because porygon 2 is a big pain to my team, and Bisharp would take care of it with the Brick Break. Thoughts?
Uh not needed really, Nidoking deals about 70% with FB, with SR any combo of Earth Power + FB should be sufficient. Keep Nidoking, it gives you rocks and instant power.

Tbh Bisharp sucks honestly, with BW2 it looks like it's dropping to RU. It's simply too slow and despite good defenses with all the Fire-types and Flygon's floating around you'd be hard pressed to sweep.

Of course it's Focus Miss for a reason but hax is hax :/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Uh not needed really, Nidoking deals about 70% with FB, with SR any combo of Earth Power + FB should be sufficient. Keep Nidoking, it gives you rocks and instant power.

Tbh Bisharp sucks honestly, with BW2 it looks like it's dropping to RU. It's simply too slow and despite good defenses with all the Fire-types and Flygon's floating around you'd be hard pressed to sweep.

Of course it's Focus Miss for a reason but hax is hax :/

I second this. I also think that Bisharp is best against balanced/offensive teams because of Sucker Punch hitting frail opponents hard before they make a move. Even if you went with Bisharp, it should be using a more bulky spread (160 HP/252 Atk/96 Spe to outspeed Gligar and to make the most out of its decent defensive typing; Bisharp isn't very fast to begin with).

Soar

n00b
Years
Wow i always kinda thought Bisharp was good xD

But one thing i have noticed is that a big threat to this team is Porygon2!
Focus Blast's accuracy can often be a letdown when i need it the most. But no team is perfect. Any other thoughts?

Back