• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Watching films you think would interest you and not what people on the internet say you should watch? How horrifying.

I should watch more films really. Chinese cartoons have kind of filled the space I used for that in the past.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I know right? I care about my opinion and not the opinion of others it's terrifying.

I don't watch things in general often really.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Comic books and superheroes are pretty close-knit, if you like one there's a decent chance you'll like the other. Only straight up superhero films I remeber seeing are the old superman ones on TV as a kid and the crappy recent Spiderman stuff.

And now I guess I better go and do some IRL stuff. Meh.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

How recent is this crappy Spiderman stuff? This summer recent or like... a few years recent.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Has it really been that long? idk Spiderman at all so I wouldn't know but if so damn.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

haha I wouldn't know that. Again I know next to nothing about Spiderman. I know I watched like... two of the movies but hell if I remember anything pft.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

I don't remember anything either, but I read it in an article about how the war on terrorism made the superhero genre so popular.

The spiderman films are still pretty fun to joke about though.

evil-jamison.jpg

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021

Talking movies whilst I sleep. Figures ;___;

Spiderman trilogy in a nutshell:
First was okay. A little off and spooky, also really serious. Not bad, just not really... Spiderman.
Second was best Spiderman movie ever. Doc Ock, especially thanks to Alfred Molina, was cemented as my favorite Spiderman villain because of it because of the complexity of the character. Also, it added a bit more of the humor one would expect from Spiderman as well as seemed to follow the comic style/story a smidge better.
Third one was... well, the third one. It gets more hate than it should. It was a solidly decent movie, it just had a bad script for the non-action parts. Emo hair Peter Parker is perhaps the best example of this. (Also, a lot of people disliked Topher Grace as Eddy Brock just because of his size and build. Personally, I thought he did a damn good job at the role. In the movies it established him as a punk moreso than a brute, and that's what he was: a punk. He had intelligence to him, not gon' lie.)

The most recent Spiderman with Andrew Garfield I actually really enjoyed. The weakest parts of the film though, I thought, was the character dev of Lizard and the relationship between Peter and Gwen. Connors went from good to bad almost instantly and never really got enough screentime. Then at the end, the climax was kinda rushed at us and during the Falling Action bit immediately after the hero saves the day, Connors is nice/good and actually saves Peter again. It just... meh. As for the relationship, it was just kinda getting good then the end happened. Also, the way the two of them acted around one another seemed to suggest there was more between them than really should be given the amount of time they've been together. Was a lot better than Raimi's first and third, but I still think I prefer Spiderman 2 the best :x

I'll leave discussing the Batman movies for another time post-TDKR release :U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back