• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
I don't mind Ferriswheelshipping. I'm thinking about making a Wishfulshipping group but I don't know if I'll keep the group up *As in come up with good topics for it*

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
Years
-makes this thread active again-

So the new Pokemon episode came out and it looks like we might be seeing Cabernet again so we got two new couples; Cabernet x Ash and Cabernet x Dento.

Wait, wait, wait! I want to add some constructive input! well, as constructive as a crazed shipper can get

This episode was laden with ships. Omg, I was just expecting Dento x Cabernet, but to my surprise, Cabernet x Ash is looking pretty bright now, not to mention the Cafemochashipping (but that's always a given ;))

(plot spoilers ahead!!)
Spoiler:

I think that astetically, Ferriswheel shipping looks cute...but I much prefer Black x N *high fives thesmartone* The dialogue for the ferris wheel scene doesn't change for your gender, I don't think...the hints are there for both sides. And I ship White with...no one, actually XD Except maybe Bel...

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
(plot spoilers ahead!!)
Spoiler:

Oh yeah I thought Dento x Carbernet was actually pretty cute but I'll always stick to my Wishfulshipping. I think there was a small hint of Wishfulshipping moments in that episode. I think Iris was shocked to see how Dento was acting during that battle and was a bit worried. That got me to think of a Wishfulshipping moment.

Spoiler:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Dento x Ash - Definitely. I knew Dento would get on the defensive with Ash...he was pretty much saying that Cabernet's tastings were all wrong of Ash's pokemon (from experience, and his own tasting skills). Ash responded to this with a sincere "Dento..." And it was really cute how much confidence and awe Ash had toward Dento. When Dento won the battle, he said "I knew you were strong!"[/spoiler]
Those scenes were absolutely adorable <3 <3 <3 I was waiting from the second Dent appeared in Cabernet's stall for him to calmly come to Ash's defense. <3 <3 <3 I didn't at all expect Ash to respond with an admiration-laden "Dento...", and that made me squee. <3 <3 <3

I think that astetically, Ferriswheel shipping looks cute...but I much prefer Black x N *high fives thesmartone* The dialogue for the ferris wheel scene doesn't change for your gender, I don't think...the hints are there for both sides. And I ship White with...no one, actually XD Except maybe Bel...
*high-fives back*

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
Spoiler:

I loved the AshxDento's scene, wow I mean Ash was in awe ^^

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I haven't had the time to watch the episode properly yet. (I'll be doing so after school) But i've seen quite a few pictures and Cabernet x Dento looks soooo mega cute. :3

I might do a lil shipping review after I watch it. :D

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
I haven't had the time to watch the episode properly yet. (I'll be doing so after school) But i've seen quite a few pictures and Cabernet x Dento looks soooo mega cute. :3

I might do a lil shipping review after I watch it. :D

Have fun with the review shipping since there is quiet a lot of shipping moments in there and there is already pictures of Carbernet x Dento?

0o.
It's been a while since I've posted.
Dunno if it counts as spam, but what's up?

A little bit but also I guess WB.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
"Cool" sounds more like she's trying to let him down lightly, than give him random false hope like she did in the dub.

I completely do not waste my time on the internet looking at these things:

Spoiler:

Yes, your input is not constructive at all.

Oh, and I have just added a new ship to my list. Take a wild guess before clicking:

Spoiler:

So, how old do you think N is? I'm guessing around 20. For some reason when I first saw him I was thinking around just a bit older than the protagonists o_O Definitely not...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Good news, I'mma stop following the Japanese anime for a while to keep my entertainment in the dub later... if that's much of some good news, anyways.

So, how old do you think N is? I'm guessing around 20. For some reason when I first saw him I was thinking around just a bit older than the protagonists o_O Definitely not...

Doesn't look like N is much older than the protagonists.

Last time I checked, you waste your life looking at these things >__>

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Good news, I'mma stop following the Japanese anime for a while to keep my entertainment in the dub later... if that's much of some good news, anyways.

I'm thinking of doing the same, actually. It's so close I don't feel like keeping ahead.

Doesn't look like N is much older than the protagonists.

Sooo, the leader of a national group is like 15? o.O You said in your last post that Ferrishwheel shipping was a paedo ship, though T.T Well, I suppose the people who save the world in these games are children...but N looks like a man T.T A very manly man. Or old teen. I think a man.

I actually took a long break from it, this is the first time I've looked for fanart in ages XD

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years

Who doesn't waste their time on the internet looking up some stuff?

Oh wow that's actually funny. He still gets punched in the face.

I would imagine him being maybe two years older then Brock. I think Brock is around 16 so N might be at least 18.

What got you to stop watching the Jap? -The Dub isn't that bad but I'm still sticking with both-

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
That comic of N and Black is from Black's adventures right? (I havent really been keeping up lately)

Like AK47 said, not much older than the main characters, my best guess is around 16-18 years old.

What got you to stop watching the Jap? -The Dub isn't that bad but I'm still sticking with both-

I'll be following both, I like comparing.

Review coming soon - i'm just way too lazy.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Whether it was false hope or not, it still proves that Kenny didn't seem to be worthy of attention.

Spoiler:

AdvancedK47 said:

I was about to say the same thing.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Agh, time for me to kick this damn thread with a few words.

Usually, the main shipping is the popular one of the trio ships right? ^__^ Pokeshipping was more popular than Gymshipping, AdvanceShipping was more popular than Jailbaitshipping, and Pearlshipping was more popular than LightRockShipping.

Why is NegaiShipping getting booted by WishfulShipping AND CafeMochaShipping... >__>

This world makes no sense anymore.

...hehehe, But I sure hope to see you guys squirming and whining once the movies come out ^__^

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
I see were your going here. Probably because of the fact that Negaishipping didn't have that many hints yet like the other two shippings? So far I've seen most hints from Wishful and CafeMocha. I'm also searching for some Negaishipping too. Glad this thread came back to life.

I hope the movie has a lot of Wishfulshipping moments. We need more of those!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Pokemon is really getting some major changes this season, isn't it? ^_^

The movies will be CafeMocha-filled, just you wait~

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
Years
*pops back in randomly*

Whether it was false hope or not, it still proves that Kenny didn't seem to be worthy of attention.
What? Noo...Kenny...Kenny just needs another chance is all! No, actually, he's a hopeless case...resorting to BROCK of all people for love advice I wonder how Kenny fell for Dawn in the first place? The flashbacks of their childhood doesn't seem to indicate anything. General puberty?

Agh, time for me to kick this damn thread with a few words.
*streeeetch* Sorry for the inactivity ;_; BTW, the computer I have with Photoshop and the banner cannot turn on, so I have to get that fixed first :<
Usually, the main shipping is the popular one of the trio ships right? ^__^ Pokeshipping was more popular than Gymshipping, AdvanceShipping was more popular than Jailbaitshipping, and Pearlshipping was more popular than LightRockShipping.

Why is NegaiShipping getting booted by WishfulShipping AND CafeMochaShipping... >__>

This world makes no sense anymore.
Aw, there, there *pat* I know what you mean, I was wondering the exact same thing...But if you've noticed, the secondary pairings of the group has always been with Brock. Although he's a lovable character, he's a bit harder to ship with the main cast for some reason. Perhaps because he's more of a mother/big bro figure to them than anything else.

Now, my next statement is a bit more controversial and subjective, but I mean no offense by it.

The strength in Dento's character and the weakness in Iris's could be a contributing factor in Cafemocha's and Wishful's popularity. Why do I say this?

Iris, in terms of character, has not been explored as much as Dento has. Dento's been shown to be a variety of different things (especially since BW19). He's kind, polite, and helpful on one hand; teasing, arrogant, and competitive on the other. He's already captured a pokemon, he's formally battled at least twice on the show, and his goal has been expanded on and he's damn pretty AND voiced by Mamorou-sama.

Iris on the other hand, is slightly less active in the plots. Don't get me wrong, I love the girl. But she has to do something other than call Ash a kid and make unhelpful side comments for me to like her as much as Dento. Once the writers develop Iris's story more and make her more proactive in the story line, I'm sure Negaishipping will skyrocket. Because as of now, both wishful and cafemocha are kept alive because of Dento's exuberance (Yes, even Ash is dependent of a well developed partner :P).

I'll be honest. I really REALLY liked the negai scenes in the beginning of the series: Iris falling asleep in the tree, rescuing Ash from the boiling water, her teasing him all the time; it was all very cute.

...hehehe, But I sure hope to see you guys squirming and whining once the movies come out ^__^
Haha, if history hints at anything, there should be quite a few main girl x Ash hints there ;) but cafemocha will conquer all!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I know what you mean, I was wondering the exact same thing...But if you've noticed, the secondary pairings of the group has always been with Brock. Although he's a lovable character, he's a bit harder to ship with the main cast for some reason. Perhaps because he's more of a mother/big bro figure to them than anything else.
This is... super true.

Now, my next statement is a bit more controversial and subjective, but I mean no offense by it.

The strength in Dento's character and the weakness in Iris's could be a contributing factor in Cafemocha's and Wishful's popularity. Why do I say this?

Iris, in terms of character, has not been explored as much as Dento has. Dento's been shown to be a variety of different things (especially since BW19). He's kind, polite, and helpful on one hand; teasing, arrogant, and competitive on the other. He's already captured a pokemon, he's formally battled at least twice on the show, and his goal has been expanded on and he's damn pretty AND voiced by Mamorou-sama.
Which makes him so much more lovable. <3

Iris on the other hand, is slightly less active in the plots. Don't get me wrong, I love the girl. But she has to do something other than call Ash a kid and make unhelpful side comments for me to like her as much as Dento. Once the writers develop Iris's story more and make her more proactive in the story line, I'm sure Negaishipping will skyrocket. Because as of now, both wishful and cafemocha are kept alive because of Dento's exuberance (Yes, even Ash is dependent of a well developed partner :P).

but cafemocha will conquer all!
Everything you say is so true and I can't do anything but agree. ;; /really does want to actually contribute

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
*pops back in randomly*

What? Noo...Kenny...Kenny just needs another chance is all! No, actually, he's a hopeless case...resorting to BROCK of all people for love advice I wonder how Kenny fell for Dawn in the first place? The flashbacks of their childhood doesn't seem to indicate anything. General puberty?

Kenny probably started liking her because of them being childhood friends. Most childhood friends start liking each other as a couple. -happened to me before in RL-

This is true actually. We were talking about this in the Dento club. Dento has more personality then Iris does which you have explained. He caught a Pokemon that listens to him while Iris has a Pokemon that doesn't.

Also true as well. We don't know much about Iris past but hopefully we will soon in the next few episode. I actually do want to know more about Iris. I like Iris too But I like Dento so much better. Since we are learning more about Dento's and Iris personality; I can see more of Wishfulshipping and also for Cafemocha. -high fives Commanderpigg-

I'll be honest. I really REALLY liked the negai scenes in the beginning of the series: Iris falling asleep in the tree, rescuing Ash from the boiling water, her teasing him all the time; it was all very cute.

Same here to be honest. Before Dento came along I actually liked Negaishipping.

Haha, if history hints at anything, there should be quite a few main girl x Ash hints there ;) but cafemocha will conquer all!

Wishfulshipping shall take over the world movie...hopefully there'll be more hints there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back