• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Subway Super Singles

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Hello, I have been struggling with the Super Single line. Here is a quick look at my team to show my strategy. I also have other Pokémon I can use, to give you an idea of what to work with. You can also suggest completely new Pokémon, I don't mind.

639.gif

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Sacred Sword
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge​

This Terrakion can usually sweep through a whole team with Close Combat, but one hit will KO it after it gets off a few. No worries though, because then I send out Cloyster.

091.gif

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast​
Anything Terrakion can not take out, this guy can with ease. He gets one Shell Smash off easily and tears through almost anything.

637.gif

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]​
This thing has helped as a backup, but has not brought anything to the team really.

Any help would be great, since I have maxed at only 35.

Variations of the team:

With Rain Support:
Spoiler:
Rain Support 2:
Spoiler:
Other Pokémon that are usable that I already have:
Spoiler:

Years
Wow, I need to learn how to add pictures (._.)

Well with terrakion, he is a good choice band user. But sacred sword and close combat are not meant to be together. I'd either take sacred sword off and replace it with a move that covers his weaknesses and hits hard. But in my opinion he should be a life orb user. and with this set close combat is out and sword dance us added. And since sword dance doubles his attack and life orb adds a bit more spike, stone edge could be switched for rockslide(has more accuracy). And woth out close combat his defences won.t drop
^-^
Cloyster + shell smash+ any physical move is crazy effective. So no change there. Maybe if hate the recoil of shell smash you could give him a white herb- stat drops are eliminated. But a focus sash is a bit betyer cause if after the first shell smash you still have full health you could sey up another :D

And volcarona good but a water type with aqua jet or a rock type with a priority move (bullet punch, vacum wave) will k.o cloyster with it and murder volcarona with a STAB move. You kinda need a bulky pokemon in the last slot. Or a choiceband/ choice scarf user to end a battle

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I don't really know what to add... Your teams are pretty solid. My team is probably far worse than yours but I was able to make it nearly up to the Subway Master before losing. ****ing cheaters near the end use entire teams of legendaries and I two UUs and one OU on my team only.

Maybe it was just pure luck that carried me through. I think my tip would have to be... Get lucky? I don't know. I've lost on the first 7 battles before but also made it up to 45.

Not sure how different it is in BW2 because I've never tried it, but I assume it's the same as last time.

My Team:
Spoiler:

Years
in black and white the cpu makes the subway competitors team based on your pokemon.s type and wraknesses. I hardly ever get past 25 (._____.) And if I do u sually die soon after (/_\)
Usually the trick is to have fast, hard hitting pokemon. My team was based around dragons with lucario, scizor or terrakion for support. The team that usually beat me was a.lapras based team (water/ ice)
So a good team is a team that covers its weaknesses like cloyster, whose ice and rock moves protect terrakion from flying. Or terrakions x-scissor hitting psychics.
Anywho, ice car, let me tell you that if you made it to 45 then your team is probably well off

Back